Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:54 pm

Post by Mephistophanes 39 »

In post 1442, ProFlavor wrote:@Nancy - I guarantee the next time you try to use meta to scum read me, I will not be scum. I’ll tell you that right now.

I just play every game at face value for the most part, so even my town games are pretty different from each other. And I like to try new things when I’m scum. New gambits.

I gambit as town also, if not more than when i’m scum. Just a heads up.

~Leaf
Good to know but then again, we’re not talking about you, we’re talking about Mewtaph.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Is the nature of our game.
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:54 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

at the risk of sounding like an absolute asshole, i'd like you to reconsider how much you've mentioned the PL thing. it's a lot more than Mewtaph has mentioned it. (he did so once and never pursued it.)
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
ProFlavor
ProFlavor
Goon
ProFlavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:55 pm

Post by ProFlavor »

In post 1449, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 1441, ProFlavor wrote:Sure, you can use meta for reads, but meet a player like me, and I’m going to abuse the hell out of it.
Fair, I never said it’s useful for everyone but some players, it certainly is and Mew is playing very differently and not in a townier way IMO.
Well, he’s no longer an option for the lynch today. I’ll make sure of that. If I die, Mewtaph is locktown, because nobody pulls the “he only killed Leaf to seem townie” when I’m defending them this hard.

~Leaf
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:56 pm

In post 1444, ProFlavor wrote:I’ve seen more townies push a PL than scum.

Pushing a PL as scum is a dirty play, and most scum don’t do that. :shrug: I don’t think I’ve ever pushed a PL when I’m scum. I’ve done it multiple times as town, so...
I believe you and yes, I’ve seen scum do that numerous times and gun to head, I don’t for a minute think it was town motivated here.

Mew knows he would have a helluva time trying to mislynch me, so he resorts to PL bs.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
ProFlavor
ProFlavor
Goon
ProFlavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:57 pm

Post by ProFlavor »

I’m kind of done talking about Mewtaph, tbh. He’s town, and you just got triggered with his PL comment that he dropped pretty fast.
I’ll be back in a bit. Probably going to look into Alchemist a bit more.

~Leaf
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:57 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 1451, Almost Chara wrote:at the risk of sounding like an absolute asshole, i'd like you to reconsider how much you've mentioned the PL thing. it's a lot more than Mewtaph has mentioned it. (he did so once and never pursued it.)
~Chara
this is actually incorrect now that i think about it properly. he did push the angle a lot. sorry Nancy. :<

regardless i still think my original point about how the read isn't that scummy, and your problem is that he advocates to lynch you specifically.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
ProFlavor
ProFlavor
Goon
ProFlavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by ProFlavor »

In post 1453, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 1444, ProFlavor wrote:I’ve seen more townies push a PL than scum.

Pushing a PL as scum is a dirty play, and most scum don’t do that. :shrug: I don’t think I’ve ever pushed a PL when I’m scum. I’ve done it multiple times as town, so...
I believe you and yes, I’ve seen scum do that numerous times and gun to head, I don’t for a minute think it was town motivated here.

Mew knows he would have a helluva time trying to mislynch me, so he resorts to PL bs.
Well, then we can see about that on a later day. If you’re right, I’m sure I’ll see it as the game progresses. I’m not going to go in circles arguing with it. I don’t think there’s a point atm. He can be lynched a different day and pushed then.

~Leaf
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:58 pm

In post 1446, ProFlavor wrote:I would say STW/Alchemist. Neither of them are townie whatsoever.

Scum was on the Mewtaph wagon. Regardless of Mew’s alignment.
I just freaking told you that I see 0 difference in his play here, than in OK 2, in fact, he is even more obviously townie here, so once I again, pretend I’m dumb and explain to me how Alchemist is possibly scum here?
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:02 pm

In post 1447, Almost Chara wrote:
In post 1428, Almost Chara wrote:
In post 1423, Mephistophanes 39 wrote: did Mewtaph ever say why he wanted to PL you?
~Chara
additionally, i also don't find calling PL with no reason to be that scummy, because town do it too.
and your strong reaction to it seems to have more to do with the fact it was on your slot. much like how you reacted to Gamma mentioning a scumread on you during the endgame of Excalibur.
~Chara
I would react strongly to that if it were on ANY slot, without good cause.

I honestly think the two situations are apples and oranges.

Ask A50 how town!Mew reacted to his wagon in SC 1.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:03 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1378, Shoshin the worst wrote:VOTE: Kokichi
If this greens I'll reconsider AC
Otherwise I'm treating them as basically hard town
Horrible vote and reasoning and thought process. I'd lunch this too
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:04 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

VOTE: shoshin
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:08 pm

In post 1448, ProFlavor wrote:
In post 1445, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 1440, ProFlavor wrote:
In post 1437, Almost Chara wrote:
In post 1435, ProFlavor wrote:I could care less about that right now. Mewtaph is the towniest person in this game right now.
a little hyperbolic. i completely understand scumreads in Mewtaph.

i'm also feeling rather apologetic to Varsoon for asking him to direct his attention to somewhere besides STW, and then now finding myself a little suspicious of them.
~Chara
I have said this as well.

I understand why people were pushing Mewtaph. That in itself is a reason why scum is likely on Mewtaph, especially with a tunneling Nancy on them.

I wasn’t tunnelling and I never pushed his wagon but the PL crap, has pushed my sr of him into the stratosphere.
And that’s why you can’t see him as town. He hit an emotional button for you when he wanted to PL thou, and you didn’t like that. Makes perfect sense why you are pushing him. However, he is also no longer on you, so...

~Leaf
I also don’t think Alchemist is scum and that his push on him makes no sense.

And why does he ask Gamma if he should be townreading her?

Varsoon is tunnelled on Stw and I can actually understand why, not on them but I understand where he’s coming from.

Last game, you said anything scum!Shoshin didn’t like, she voted you, here as in Labrynth, she just gets pissed. I’m not thrilled with their Kokichi vote because I don’t have a read on them yet and don’t understand why he is scummier than Nico slot.

But I’m agreeing with many of their reads and I tend to take that as a good sign.

I still would bet money that town!Mew never advocates a PL here.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:11 pm

In post 1451, Almost Chara wrote:at the risk of sounding like an absolute asshole, i'd like you to reconsider how much you've mentioned the PL thing. it's a lot more than Mewtaph has mentioned it. (he did so once and never pursued it.)
~Chara
No I don’t think you are but neither do I think he deserves townie points for dropping it, assuming you’re actually correct about that. Has he actually stated that he retracted it? If no, I’m not at all convinced of it.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:12 pm

In post 1452, ProFlavor wrote:
In post 1441, ProFlavor wrote:Sure, you can use meta for reads, but meet a player like me, and I’m going to abuse the hell out of it.
Fair, I never said it’s useful for everyone but some players, it certainly is and Mew is playing very differently and not in a townier way IMO.
Well, he’s no longer an option for the lynch today. I’ll make sure of that. If I die, Mewtaph is locktown, because nobody pulls the “he only killed Leaf to seem townie” when I’m defending them this hard.

~Leaf
Why do you think you die over the hardclaimed vig?
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
ProFlavor
ProFlavor
Goon
ProFlavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:12 pm

Post by ProFlavor »

In post 1457, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 1446, ProFlavor wrote:I would say STW/Alchemist. Neither of them are townie whatsoever.

I just freaking told you that I see 0 difference in his play here, than in OK 2, in fact, he is even more obviously townie here, so once I again, pretend I’m dumb and explain to me how Alchemist is possibly scum here?
He wasn’t even in OK2 much, and yes, it’s similar. Any decent scum player is going to be able to match their town play, especially Day 1. Why are you using that as a full excuse that Alchemist can absolutely not be scum here?

Are you hatcheting me so STW doesn’t get killed?

~Leaf
ProFlavor
ProFlavor
Goon
ProFlavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:13 pm

Post by ProFlavor »

In post 1463, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 1452, ProFlavor wrote:

~Leaf
Why do you think you die over the hardclaimed vig?

I’m WIFOM’ing the scum. It’s how I lived as an IC in a large normal to end game and was a big factor at catching the last 2 scum.

~Leaf
ProFlavor
ProFlavor
Goon
ProFlavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:14 pm

Post by ProFlavor »

@Gamma - should I be town reading you here?

You haven’t been on my radar too much, so I’d like to know.

~Leaf
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:16 pm

In post 1454, ProFlavor wrote:I’m kind of done talking about Mewtaph, tbh. He’s town, and you just got triggered with his PL comment that he dropped pretty fast.
I’ll be back in a bit. Probably going to look into Alchemist a bit more.

~Leaf
Sure, you’ve figured it out, I absolutely got “triggered”. I totally suck at this game and have shit reads. Ok. :lol:
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:19 pm

In post 1466, ProFlavor wrote:@Gamma - should I be town reading you here?

You haven’t been on my radar too much, so I’d like to know.

~Leaf
Wtf answer was Gamma supposed to give to that? Like seriously?

Like is she supposed to say, so glad you asked me that Mew, of course you shouldn’t. Thank you so much for helping clarify my own alignment to myself.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:46 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 1464, ProFlavor wrote:

He wasn’t even in OK2 much, and yes, it’s similar. Any decent scum player is going to be able to match their town play, especially Day 1. Why are you using that as a full excuse that Alchemist can absolutely not be scum here?

~Leaf
This still doesn’t explain why you think I’m scum. If it’s not for the Mewtaph push then where is it coming from?
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:48 pm

In post 1455, Almost Chara wrote:
~Chara
this is actually incorrect now that i think about it properly. he did push the angle a lot. sorry Nancy. :<

regardless i still think my original point about how the read isn't that scummy, and your problem is that he advocates to lynch you specifically.
~Chara
No, it doesn’t have hardly anything to do with it being MY slot, it has mostly to do with it being a batshit insane reason for advocating one on ANYBODY. If you want to believe that, you’d be very wrong about that. Wrt to,my wrong Gamma sr in Excalibur, sr/=policy lynches, so sorry but not good argument and they’re was also the wagonomics aspect to it. In this scenario I wouldn’t have been necessarily sr Gamma for that, so I think it’s kind of an unfair comparison. Advocating for policy lynches in general without damn good cause, are scummy in general and I would highly appreciate it in the future, if you didn’t tell me what my actual reasoning is for doing anything, when I know it it be inaccurate.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:50 pm

In post 1469, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 1464, ProFlavor wrote:

~Leaf
This still doesn’t explain why you think I’m scum. If it’s not for the Mewtaph push then where is it coming from?
Ding ding. I’m glad I’m not the only one who isn’t letting Mew skate by this.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:56 pm

In post 1470, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 1455, Almost Chara wrote:
~Chara
this is actually incorrect now that i think about it properly.
he did push the angle a lot[/b. sorry Nancy. :<

~Chara
No, it doesn’t have hardly anything to do with it being MY slot, it has mostly to do with it being a batshit insane reason for advocating one on ANYBODY. If you want to believe that, you’d be very wrong about that. Wrt to,my wrong Gamma sr in Excalibur, sr/=policy lynches, so sorry but not good argument and they’re was also the wagonomics aspect to it. In this scenario I wouldn’t have been necessarily sr Gamma for that, so I think it’s kind of an unfair comparison. Advocating for policy lynches in general without damn good cause, are scummy in general and I would highly appreciate it in the future, if you didn’t tell me what my actual reasoning is for doing anything, when I know it it be inaccurate.
Bolding, just in case anyone missed how strongly Mew was pushing a PL on us. Possibly because he thinks I can accurately read him? And Eraserhead and Chara can tell me until hell freezes over how this is totally insignificant but it pings me a lot and my perfectly valid read won’t be discredited either by incorrect attributions and/or inaccurate interpretations - no matter WHO makes them.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:01 pm

Post by Shoshin the worst »

In post 1381, Almost Chara wrote:hey STW, i'll answer in a second, but i've been wondering why you're townreading us so much. i think you said earlier why (even if i don't remember), but are you paranoid of our slot at all?
~Chara
Very marginally but we've kind of not seen anything that's made us think you're a wolf.
If anything we'd be scumreading you for that very reason and that doesn't seem like a very productive exercise right now..
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:03 pm

Post by Shoshin the worst »

In post 1383, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 1378, Shoshin the worst wrote:VOTE: Kokichi
If this greens I'll reconsider AC
Otherwise I'm treating them as basically hard town
Why is Kokichi a so much better vote than Nico?
Jjh will actually play the game.
Kokichi is being aggressively bad.

@AC I wouldn't scumread you based on Kokichi's meta. I might just consider it in greater than face value which is pretty much how I'm treating it currently.
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”