Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:50 am

Post by Michael Scott »

@Pint

Well, from my perspective:

>Two major wagons; one on STW and one on Mewtaph
>Lots of exchanges in the previous few pages where I believe the cases on STW at least are bad
>Some discussion on lynching Kokichi Oma instead; most believe it's a bad lynch cause "low info" (meh)

You said you townread STW, what's your read on Mewtaph?

~Jimothy
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:52 am

Post by Mephistophanes 39 »

In post 1673, pinturicchio wrote:Quick update: I'm feeling better. I had a doctor appointment in the morning and told me that what I'm feeling is pretty common and that was a relief. I have a kinesiologist appointment in an hour or so. I'll be back to slam dunk this mother fucker. There's a lot of pages to read tho, can I get an update on the game status? I'll try to read everything but because of the deadline I can't promise that.

Thanks to everyone concerned about my health; I didn't know I could V/LA because of it and knowing that was nice in order to keep playing.
Just take care of yourself. Your health > Mafia.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Is the nature of our game.
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:55 am

VOTE: jjh

Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:57 am

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, having limited access based on your own health is limited access.
I know some of our users take V/LA on weekends because they want to spend that time with their family or due to having regular obligations where they just can't be around on weekends.

Glad you're doing well, Pint. I really am looking forward to you ballin' and shot-callin'.

-V
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:01 am

Post by pinturicchio »

Just take care of yourself. Your health > Mafia.[/quote]
Thank you Nancy :) I usually demand myself too much and that's what happened here: I don't recognize that until I get burned out :lol: I'm ok now, so I'll do my best.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:01 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 1674, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:I extremely dislike having my opinions discredited based on someone telling me what I think claiming to know my reasoning better than me. You of course are free to disagree with the actual reasons themselves. Just please stop telling me that my reasons are something other than they are. Neither you or Chara has access to my brain and I would greatly prefer that you both stop acting like you do.
Where'd I say this? I just said you
appear
to have bias. It's a valid observation from an external perspective that doesn't require me to know what you truly think, Nancy.
In post 1674, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:A) He hardpushes Alchemist for reasons that make little sense, considering he has no meta on him and I know for a fact, his play is virtually identical to his play in OK 2.

3). Mew’s play is extremely different here than in SC1.

4) Weird Gamma question.

5) Scumly PL lynch bs.

6) Baseless hostility.
Weird numbering, but okay:
A) You're talking about post - if it made little sense to you, did you ask him to clarify? My best paraphrasing of that rather wordy post is: "Alchemist appears to be present without actually offering any opinions of merit to an exchange, this is scummy; feels artificial; took multiple stances but retracted them leaving options wide open" - these strike me as fine points to make, what about them is senseless?
3) Can you expand on the differences? And also note similarities with his scumgames?
4) He explained the motivation behind that question, I submit it's not weird - "Do you expect me to townread you for what you've posted so far" (not exactly what he asked but the spirit of it) is a fine question, and he did make use of the reaction.
5) Why is it scummy, exactly? His point was that you were making it hard for him to engage/push his scumread and not because of logical disagreements, if I remember right - can you really not see town saying this?
6) This is something I checked against his meta, and he's not been hostile in previous scumgames as far as I read, so I don't see why it's necessarily... scummy, again? So many people come off as a bit "hostile" as town.

~J
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:03 am

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 1675, Michael Scott wrote:@Pint

Well, from my perspective:

>Two major wagons; one on STW and one on Mewtaph
>Lots of exchanges in the previous few pages where I believe the cases on STW at least are bad
>Some discussion on lynching Kokichi Oma instead; most believe it's a bad lynch cause "low info" (meh)

You said you townread STW, what's your read on Mewtaph?

~Jimothy
There's still a wagon on STW? Is someone else other than Varsoon hard pushing that wagon?

Last time I checked Mew had done nothing so I don't have a read on him, but if the wagon started because of him doing nothing then Mew is probably town pushed by scum trying to get an easy mislynch. I'll check that progression. Thank you Jim.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:05 am

Post by Michael Scott »

Yes. ProFlavor, Mewtaph and Kokichi are all strongly pushing that wagon.

Please do read Mew's ISO, he has been more active - he's being pushed for a bunch of reasons I don't really agree with, and I'm leaning town from his posts. I'd love to hear your opinions on that slot.

Sure thing :D

~Jimothy
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:19 am

In post 1680, Michael Scott wrote:
In post 1674, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:I extremely dislike having my opinions discredited based on someone telling me what I think claiming to know my reasoning better than me. You of course are free to disagree with the actual reasons themselves. Just please stop telling me that my reasons are something other than they are. Neither you or Chara has access to my brain and I would greatly prefer that you both stop acting like you do.
Where'd I say this? I just said you
appear
to have bias. It's a valid observation from an external perspective that doesn't require me to know what you truly think, Nancy.
In post 1674, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:A) He hardpushes Alchemist for reasons that make little sense, considering he has no meta on him and I know for a fact, his play is virtually identical to his play in OK 2.

3). Mew’s play is extremely different here than in SC1.

4) Weird Gamma question.

5) Scumly PL lynch bs.

6) Baseless hostility.
Weird numbering, but okay:
A) You're talking about post - if it made little sense to you, did you ask him to clarify? My best paraphrasing of that rather wordy post is: "Alchemist appears to be present without actually offering any opinions of merit to an exchange, this is scummy; feels artificial; took multiple stances but retracted them leaving options wide open" - these strike me as fine points to make, what about them is senseless?
3) Can you expand on the differences? And also note similarities with his scumgames?
4) He explained the motivation behind that question, I submit it's not weird - "Do you expect me to townread you for what you've posted so far" (not exactly what he asked but the spirit of it) is a fine question, and he did make use of the reaction.
5) Why is it scummy, exactly? His point was that you were making it hard for him to engage/push his scumread and not because of logical disagreements, if I remember right - can you really not see town saying this?
6) This is something I checked against his meta, and he's not been hostile in previous scumgames as far as I read, so I don't see why it's necessarily... scummy, again? So many people come off as a bit "hostile" as town.

~J
Whether or not either Chara or you rightly or wrongly think I “appear to have bias” or not is 100% besides the point. You either think my reasoning valid or you don’t and I really doubt it’s asking too much for either of you to limit your critique of my reasons, to those reasons, since that’s actually what is relevant.

Yeah, the weird numbering wasn’t intentional.

Well, I just didn’t buy his reasoning for sr Alchemist.

As I said, Mew acted extremely differently in last game but if you have any links to his previous town/scumgames, that would be much appreciated.

I tend to scumlean any player who advocates a stupid PL without just cause. ie. Aa9 was virulently ant-town in Labrynth. both by role and play. Mylo was never going to vote in Heroes - a game heavily vased on an active player voting mechnic and wanted out of the game. Advocating PLs on either, is not scummy, since both of them, were hurting the integrity of the game.

Why hasn’t Mew even bothered to engage me here - just calls for a PL on my slot without even attempting to discuss my read on him? It read uberscummy to me.

However, I prefer jjh/Nico because my confidence in that slot flipping red, is currently the highest.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:20 am

Post by Varsoon »

So someone's scum because they 'acted different' in a recent towngame?
Like no shit Mew's gonna 'act different'
This is a different game
And the way he acted in that game got him mislynched and then town lost
So why the fuck would town!Mew act THE SAME?

-Soon
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:23 am

Post by Tibor and Lumia »

I see we're low on time so I'm gonna cast my vote now before continuing catch-up
VOTE: Mewtaph
-Gamma
Tibor (Brassherald) and Lumia (Gamma Emerald)
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:25 am

Hey brass did it already, nice
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:25 am

In post 1682, Michael Scott wrote:Yes. ProFlavor, Mewtaph and Kokichi are all strongly pushing that wagon.

Please do read Mew's ISO, he has been more active - he's being pushed for a bunch of reasons I don't really agree with, and I'm leaning town from his posts. I'd love to hear your opinions on that slot.

~Jimothy
Yes and before that Mew was on Alchemist, which Eraserhead also seemed to be shading slightly

But seeing either a towngame of his, where he played similarly to here or a scumgame, where he played completely differently would be helpful.

If it comes down to Mew vs Stw, I’ll probably vote Mew but I much prefer jjh/Nico and I hope I can convince people to sheep me there, since I think that wagon currently has the highest scum equity.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:26 am

In post 1687, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 1682, Michael Scott wrote:Yes. ProFlavor, Mewtaph and Kokichi are all strongly pushing that wagon.

~Jimothy
Yes and before that Mew was on Alchemist, which Eraserhead also seemed to be shading slightly

But seeing either a towngame of his, where he played similarly to here or a scumgame, where he played completely differently would be helpful.

If it comes down to Mew vs Stw, I’ll probably vote Mew but I much prefer jjh/Nico and I hope I can convince people to sheep me there, since I think that SLOT currently has the highest scum equity.
I mean slot, obviously. :lol:
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:27 am

Post by Michael Scott »

@Nance:

That you appear to have bias makes me less inclined to sheep you easily; and also informs others not to; and also helps you better reads if it does exist and you recognize it, thus pro-town. :P

You said it was senseless and you don't buy it. His reasoning was devoid of meta, why would he need to have meta-knowledge to make that attack? Fine if you don't "buy" his attack, but scumreading him for it is a stretch, no? If you don't agree with it, it's NAI - unless you show me why his arguments were scummy.

I just went to his profile and read around three scumgames exclusively - his general posting seemed to be slightly shallower, and nowhere as complex as here. I'd like you to show the differences in his play exactly from SC1 to here, though? I'll know better what to look for when I go check his previous games.

Eh, it wasn't exactly a PL - he did have some reason to want to lynch you which was related to the current game. My current push on Kokichi Oma could also be construed as a "Policy Lynch" - do you think I'm scummy for it?

WRT his engaging you - prioritization (he wanted to push on stronger scumreads), and also you just called his push senseless and left it at that - I actually don't think this is as scummy as you make it out to be.

Why are you more confident in Nico than Kokichi? Do you not trust Shoshin when she says JJH will be readable in time?

~Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:28 am

Post by Michael Scott »

I'd prefer Kokichi FTR, but I can compromise onto Nicorobin's slot given I don't want to lynch either of STW/Mewtaph.

~Jimothy
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:29 am

In post 1135, ProFlavor wrote:Prediction: when FL catches up and sees this post he should read Michael Scott’s Iso

The prediction is at this stage of the game he will call it “political” or at least agree a to why I said that haha
I'm interested. They have the least posts out of all the hydrae and by a decent margin (all the others are around the top for post count).
-Gamma, lover of strong burgers
Spoiler:
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:32 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 1691, Tibor and Lumia wrote:I'm interested. They have the least posts out of all the hydrae and by a decent margin (all the others are around the top for post count).
I'm just 20 posts behind you and Almost Chara, though? :P
I was kinda out of the game till recently.

~Jimothy
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:33 am

In post 1178, Kokichi Oma wrote:As town chara always says that my posting will eventually reveal my alignment. No way chara does this vote as town.
I guess this is a solid point. Not something we're chasing today though.
-Gamma, with eyes on the prize
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:33 am

In post 1689, Michael Scott wrote:@Nance:

That you appear to have bias makes me less inclined to sheep you easily; and also informs others not to; and also helps you better reads if it does exist and you recognize it, thus pro-town. :P

You said it was senseless and you don't buy it. His reasoning was devoid of meta, why would he need to have meta-knowledge to make that attack? Fine if you don't "buy" his attack, but scumreading him for it is a stretch, no? If you don't agree with it, it's NAI - unless you show me why his arguments were scummy.

I just went to his profile and read around three scumgames exclusively - his general posting seemed to be slightly shallower, and nowhere as complex as here. I'd like you to show the differences in his play exactly from SC1 to here, though? I'll know better what to look for when I go check his previous games.

Eh, it wasn't exactly a PL - he did have some reason to want to lynch you which was related to the current game. My current push on Kokichi Oma could also be construed as a "Policy Lynch" - do you think I'm scummy for it?

WRT his engaging you - prioritization (he wanted to push on stronger scumreads), and also you just called his push senseless and left it at that - I actually don't think this is as scummy as you make it out to be.

Why are you more confident in Nico than Kokichi? Do you not trust Shoshin when she says JJH will be readable in time?

~Jimothy
Town has erred far more frequently NOT sheeping me actually. I have better than average reads and I really don’t appreciate you continuing to discredit me, based on bias that you incorrectly attribute to me.

I asked you for links. I prefer to make up my own mind. TW also said he he had a strong scum soulread on that slot. Did you not see that?

Why wait on that lynch, when it currently has the greatest scum equity, is what I’d like to know?
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:35 am

In post 1175, Varsoon wrote:Didn't you pull the same thing in the first Starcraft?
"Well yeah but you gotta find my teammates anyway so waste time doing that lol"

K thx but no

-V
btw meant to comment that I agree with this
Gamma, lover of nostalgia
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:36 am

In post 1188, Shoshin the worst wrote:
In post 1187, Varsoon wrote:
In post 1180, Shoshin the worst wrote:
In post 1175, Varsoon wrote:Didn't you pull the same thing in the first Starcraft?
"Well yeah but you gotta find my teammates anyway so waste time doing that lol"

K thx but no

-V
....no?
Possibly my other head did?
I don't remember either heads doing that off the top of my head
I thought ya'll were one entity
All in the same

-V
We are and I'm not sure what you're talking about
Sorry if you feel tilted from SCM1 but like we're in a different game
lol so we shouldn't use meta? no thanks, samuel
Gamma, who's taking your entire stock
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:38 am

In post 1691, Tibor and Lumia wrote:
In post 1135, ProFlavor wrote:Prediction: when FL catches up and sees this post he should read Michael Scott’s Iso

The prediction is at this stage of the game he will call it “political” or at least agree a to why I said that haha
I'm interested. They have the least posts out of all the hydrae and by a decent margin (all the others are around the top for post count).
-Gamma, lover of strong burgers
Spoiler:
Eraserleaf’s bizarro moonlogic, doesn’t help any either.

I’m thinking Pint and Mew have a decent chance of being the same alignment and knowing that Pint had a valid reason for being less active in the game, also makes me feel a bit better about Mew.

But Stw on the whole has better reads but I strongly believe our best chance of hitting scum today, is jjh/Nico.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:39 am

Post by Michael Scott »

@Nancy:
It's not a discredit - inductively I'm allowed to make that observation, and I'm not using it to say you're wrong. If I'm wrong about the bias that *I* perceive of you having, people are free to disagree. :P

Look at STW's read progression there on Mewtaph. In their latest readslist they actually scumread Mewtaph less IIRC. Anyway, soulreads are stupid.

Why does it have the greatest scum equity? My argument is that if it IS scum, we'd more easily know in coming days than Kokichi's slot, *also* Kokichi's play is a liability for town.

~Jimothy
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:40 am

In post 1195, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:To anyone who thinks Nico’s vote on Stw, is completely NAI:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76341&user_select%5B%5D=31019

You mean Varsoon right? Nico wasn't in Splatoon mafia.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”