Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:30 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1749, Shoshin the worst wrote:Auro did a thing I don't think scum!Auro does. Gonna treat Michael like they're town for now and reassess later if I need to.
You gonna share with the class or...?

Also, ever gonna expand on that Taly read from before?

-V
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:30 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 177, Shoshin the worst wrote:if you could give taly a quick ISO then ctrl+f "taly" in our iso I think you'll get the gist of it. I'm not fully ready to reveal what we've picked up on QUITE yet.

...ready now?

-V
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:31 am

Post by Shoshin the worst »

{STW}
{Varsoon} - either conftown or obvscum. no one forget this ever.
{Meph39}
{Tibor and Lumia}
{Alchemist21}
{u r a person 2, Almost Chara}
{Michael Scott}

untiered PoE
{ProFlavor, Kokichi, jjh927, Mewtaph, Taly}

will lynch anyone in this pool unless convinced otherwise.
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:31 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 501, Shoshin the worst wrote:In response to your concerns, Varsoon:

2. the worst has a long history of holding back his reasoning on reads until much later in the game (e.g. in Labyrinth where he gave a read on D1, then refused to explain that read until somewhere around D4), and I often hold back reasoning as well for shorter stretches of time to test reactions. In Taly's case, we've discussed his behavior/meta extensively in our hydra PM and promise everything will be explained before end of D1.

-the worst & Shoshin

...before the end of D1?

-V
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:32 am

In post 1751, Varsoon wrote:
In post 177, Shoshin the worst wrote:if you could give taly a quick ISO then ctrl+f "taly" in our iso I think you'll get the gist of it. I'm not fully ready to reveal what we've picked up on QUITE yet.

...ready now?

-V
I've talked about Taly so much
then I explained to him why he was an rvs scumread and he complained about it and told me he needs more time/freedom and exited the thread and I was like "OK but we're not townreading you" and he hasn't come back
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:33 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 719, Shoshin the worst wrote:
In post 713, Varsoon wrote:onsidering just PoEing the game around you or suggesting a policy lynch.

For the hundred billionth time, we are not ready to explain our taly read yet. I'm sorry if this is genuinely so vexing to you that it's paralysing you from doing anything else. But we're not gonna compromise our chance to sort the slot.

...mmmm.
Still waiting.

P-EDIT: Can you link to where you explained it? I'm digging your ISO 'cus apparently I missed it, ay.

-V
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:34 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 996, Shoshin the worst wrote:
In post 43, Taly wrote::D so much opportunity to get pocketed!!

._. im gonna have to reread that playerlist movement night action stuff arent i?

not feeling the
kokichi
IC claim but i slight townvibe it anyway

VOTE: Almost Chara

RVS is bullshit but square up w me, both heads now

~ Taly
Taly's RVS post is what originally scumpinged me.
I don't think he's really done anything outside his scumrange (not anything particularly towny). Taly do you disagree? If I'm grossly misreading you here, help me see where I'm wrong. A lot your defence of yourself & probing of other slots has kind of skated around the centre; the way you do as scum (e.g. PYPX/Y).

> the pocketed comment & the thing wrt rereading playerlist movement just feels forced and stiff. I think there's a hesitation in Taly's tonality through the thread, so far, which I can't not notice.
> the comment about not feeling Kokichi's IC claim but townvibing it is absolutely bizarre. I can see this coming from someone who played SCM1 and liked the laissez-faire comedic entry to the thread but I literally can't see any reason to be townpinged by Kokichi lolclaiming IC and then lurking it out. This doesn't feel like critical reading so much as an agenda/TMI'd read and I think it's the kind of slip-up scum do make while still in RVS.
> RVS bullshit thing is incredibly forced (fwiw voting AC in rvs doesn't seem beneficial to me but I feel like I'm the only person onsite who enjoys RVS for content)

Is it really just "His RVS post scumpinged me."
Is that really why you were so evasive on taking a hard scumread there early?

-V
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:35 am

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 1730, Michael Scott wrote:How is this related to the scumminess of Mew's reasons to want to lynch Nancy, Chara? That was what she seemed to be talking about in that context.
it's not related to that, but i think i was right to think Nancy was referring to how both of us were saying her reasoning was due to her being biased. the point is the message went through to Nancy that i had reconsidered on that based on her posts.

as for the scumminess of Mew's reasons, i've said i don't find them that scummy, though it's fine that Nancy disagrees.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:36 am

In post 1756, Varsoon wrote:
In post 996, Shoshin the worst wrote:
In post 43, Taly wrote::D so much opportunity to get pocketed!!

._. im gonna have to reread that playerlist movement night action stuff arent i?

not feeling the
kokichi
IC claim but i slight townvibe it anyway

VOTE: Almost Chara

RVS is bullshit but square up w me, both heads now

~ Taly
Taly's RVS post is what originally scumpinged me.
I don't think he's really done anything outside his scumrange (not anything particularly towny). Taly do you disagree? If I'm grossly misreading you here, help me see where I'm wrong. A lot your defence of yourself & probing of other slots has kind of skated around the centre; the way you do as scum (e.g. PYPX/Y).

> the pocketed comment & the thing wrt rereading playerlist movement just feels forced and stiff. I think there's a hesitation in Taly's tonality through the thread, so far, which I can't not notice.
> the comment about not feeling Kokichi's IC claim but townvibing it is absolutely bizarre. I can see this coming from someone who played SCM1 and liked the laissez-faire comedic entry to the thread but I literally can't see any reason to be townpinged by Kokichi lolclaiming IC and then lurking it out. This doesn't feel like critical reading so much as an agenda/TMI'd read and I think it's the kind of slip-up scum do make while still in RVS.
> RVS bullshit thing is incredibly forced (fwiw voting AC in rvs doesn't seem beneficial to me but I feel like I'm the only person onsite who enjoys RVS for content)

Is it really just "His RVS post scumpinged me."
Is that really why you were so evasive on taking a hard scumread there early?

-V
Because I wanted to see what he produced organically as much as possible.
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:38 am

Chara, why jjh?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:39 am

Post by Varsoon »

So you lied about having a hard scumread there because you wanted Taly's posts to be more organic?

-V
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:39 am

Post by Varsoon »

Why even say anything at all, then?

-V
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:41 am

Post by Varsoon »

Don't you think Taly's posts would be even more unbiased if you hadn't claimed a scumread on the slot or been elusive about saying why you were scumreading it?

If you had just straightforwardly addressed what was scummy (I'm still not even sure what post 'scumpinged' you), that seems like the proper way of doing things.

It really seems like you just made up a reason to have what seemed like an informed read, and then used that to position re: a townslot you knew you could drag down.

-V
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:43 am

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 1740, Varsoon wrote:Also, I don't really know that a 'rudeness tell' holds weight.
correlation is not causation

-V
Love you for using that phrase.

I'm off the kinesiologist back to home. I'll get a nice shower and I'm coming here.
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:44 am

In post 1760, Varsoon wrote:So you lied about having a hard scumread there because you wanted Taly's posts to be more organic?

-V
No. We spoke at length about his rvs contributions and agreed they were >rand wolf. What else are we meant to scumread there?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:45 am

Post by Varsoon »

So, if you scumread those posts, why didn't you just say so right away and push Taly over it?

-V
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:45 am

In post 1762, Varsoon wrote:Don't you think Taly's posts would be even more unbiased if you hadn't claimed a scumread on the slot or been elusive about saying why you were scumreading it?

If you had just straightforwardly addressed what was scummy (I'm still not even sure what post 'scumpinged' you), that seems like the proper way of doing things.

It really seems like you just made up a reason to have what seemed like an informed read, and then used that to position re: a townslot you knew you could drag down.

-V
I mean maybe? We spoke about it a bit and decided we were comfortable having him uncomfortable by knowing he had an enemy but didn't think it was valuable to elaborate on it at the time. I actually think his contributions still haven't towntold at all.

Valid to question our methods but I don't think they're ~wrong~ just maybe you would've approached this differently? We don't hugely regret it
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:46 am

In post 1765, Varsoon wrote:So, if you scumread those posts, why didn't you just say so right away and push Taly over it?

-V
Because we had other stuff to do
I think it was super obvious we scumread those posts tho because short of a n0 guilty I'm not sure why we would scumread Taly? like if you're taking exception to this i have no idea what you expected us to say
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:47 am

Post by Varsoon »

I 100% would have approached it differently.
If you're town here, being furtive is literally what drew my shot to you.
Why would you be anything besides straightforward and transparent in your methods when there's a MOD CONFIRMED vigilante in the setup?

-V
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:50 am

In post 1768, Varsoon wrote:I 100% would have approached it differently.
If you're town here, being furtive is literally what drew my shot to you.
Why would you be anything besides straightforward and transparent in your methods when there's a MOD CONFIRMED vigilante in the setup?

-V
Straight up I didn't read the opening posts to see the thing about a mod confirmed vigilante
I still think our play is completely defensible and I wouldn't expect a MOD CONFIRMRD VIGILANTE to shoot us for that. like I still genuinely don't understand why you did.
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:51 am

We were really clearly working an angle and building momentum - was it a vig because you didn't like out method?
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:51 am

Post by Tibor and Lumia »

Someone asked a question, don't recall whom. But I feel resolving a 1v1 is more important day 1 when I don't have a particularly strong read on either of the likely lynches because in an early game we didn't resolve a 1v1 and basically had two town players going at it for the rest of the game and could get neither of them to focus on another issue.

-Brass
Tibor (Brassherald) and Lumia (Gamma Emerald)
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:53 am

Post by Varsoon »

I thought you were scum.
The last time that someone I had a scumread on pulled the same sort of "I have a scumread but won't explain why" stuff, I really wanted them lynched over it but they got away with it, replaced out, and their replacement went on to win the game because no one would listen to me.

Now that I have the power to stamp out players who I think are scum, I'm going to use it.

I'm not great at convincing people of things. More than one player has expressed why my points on you aren't convincing. It's really disheartening and I was hoping that I'd at least get to exert some level of control over the game before eating the NK.

-V
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:54 am

Brass straight up why are you voting us?
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:56 am

@V given you've seen how forward both of us can be as scum why did you apply that scumtell to us in the first place?
From my point of view it looked incredibly reactionary and basically boiled down to "I don't like people beating around the bush THEREFORE BYE"
I get that after scm1 it's also probably annoying reading either of our heads but you just went thru an entire game with both of us. that reasoning is pretty lazy. sorry if I've been bordering on being rude with this whole ideal but I really really don't like being misvigged.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”