The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #20600 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:01 am

Post by Maestro »

Spoiler: Response to Arch RE - config changes
In post 20594, davesaz wrote:Strongly disagree with letting wizards target creepers. Don't need more random holes in the landscape even if they are outside claimed areas.
Fair. I honestly didn't notice that wizards were included in that config, I just saw a situation where summoned minions would refuse to attack Creepers and understood as a player I would go "what gives spell-buddy?!"
I found wizard tower rarity to be ok. Making them more rare makes them harder to find, but finding them is important to progression.
Not particularly. Crystal ore (and Crystal flowers) are incredibly common; I didn't touch those numbers at all. As for trading for spells/better wands, mob combat and looting achieves the same end, and with other dimensions both of those things are now easier and less invasive. If you feel that strongly about it, I'd counter that the numbers were a bit high as they were: towers appeared roughly every biome, which I don't think is intended, and I think structures like that (even if important for progression) should be a joy to find, not a
predictable
find. Regardless, I can drop it down to 10 or 11 - e.g. make them more common but not as common as they were. Does that work?
Undergarden is the nether biome that has grass and trees. I'm ok with it.
Strongly prefer saying no to the nether biomes that are mostly soul sand and flesh (corrupted sands and visceral heap)
I like Undergarden too, I've got it enabled. And I agree on Visceral Heap, gross. But I'll fight you on Corrupted Sands. Soul Sand
in Vanilla
is too uncommon, IMO, and the number of uses for it in a magic modpack cannot be understated. We really need a good reliable source for it, en masse, especially if we're adding other things to the Nether which can choke out Soul Sand generation.
BoP features: quicksand, poison pools, poison ivy off, if still configurable
I'm not seeing a config for individual BoP "features", but I can tell you I've disabled all the biomes I could find with Quicksand. Poison is another thing entirely; too many of the more interested biomes (especially the more interesting Swamp/Forest biomes) have those, and we want some variety in our world for many reasons. I've changed my opinion on some of these after looking at the BoP wiki, and I'll update the Sheet with the biomes I included in the release configs.
Without tech to find them directly (digi miner, quarry) I find diamonds to be too rare. Nearly a month and
total
diamonds found was about 40 after making swiss cheese of two areas about 50-80 chunks in size each. Less than 10 in stock. I was worried about being able to make repairs.
Hmmm. I haven't added COFH, but I will do that today and look into buffing Vanilla ore sizes. FTR, according to comments Large Veins's build MC version is 1.12 and it
does not
work in 1.12.2, which I think is ridiculous but it means if our intent was to buff oregen we need another way to do it.
I can put the pack on Curse when ready. Is there a plan to test any more?
I can do it also? Up to you, or if there's some hoop I'd have to jump through that you've already bypassed, I can upload to Drive and you take it to Curse, either way.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #20601 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:42 am

Post by davesaz »

Re: BoP features -- how I do it is create a single player world, customized BoP, 3rd page turn off quicksand/poison ivy/poison pools/nether hives. Upload world and use as the server world.
There are also interesting options on page 1 of that customize setting, like clustering biomes in termp/rainfall zones etc. Personal preference is not to use large. YMMV.
Uploading a SP world also lets you take a peek to make sure you're not spawning on a 1 chunk island in ocean. :lol:

The features can also be configured in the biomes/defaults directory inside the individual biome variants. There are more buttons to press that way but you can be more selective.
I kinda like the biomes quicksand generates in, given desert has it IIRC. Nuking 'em won't be optimal lol.

There is a project called "Scumpack" on Curse. If ETL can remember her userid/password then it's straightforward to add you to the project. If you don't mind it not being called Scumpack then a new project is fine I guess. ;)
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20602 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:49 am

Post by Maestro »

Config reversions/tweaks for v9.1.0R
:

(Bumped version to v9.1.xR after addition of COFH stuff btw)
(BIG update to BoP biomes on the Google Sheet! Check it out plz!)
(COFH config underway. Update on that soon...)

Biomes of Plenty Creeper Confetti
  • increased chance from 10% to 25%
EB's Wizardry
  • reverted aggression towards Creepers discussed in
  • decreased rarity of wizard towers from 13 to 10
PEDIT: I can as you say Arch and upload an SP world or I can use the generator string I found above to do it worldwide to a new server world; I don't think it rly matters which way we go, but from my PoV it takes longer to start and restart SP worlds and upload those than it does to shut down server, delete world, try new world, repeat, etc. so I'd prefer to do this all server-side. It also involves less uploading/downloading which just sounds safer to me. If Quicksand is in Vanilla Deserts (I forgot that), I definitely want it gone worldwide.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20603 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:40 am

Post by Maestro »

A look at what I'm dealing with now as I configure COFH to take control of all ore spawning...

Really it's only doing Vanilla, Thermal Foundation's ores/clathretes, and that's it. But I'm turning off anything that would add duplicate Copper/Tin/etc. so I need to rip apart the world and see what actually does that. I think it's mainly Embers I need to worry about, but we shall see.
ProFlavor
ProFlavor
Goon
ProFlavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20604 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:38 am

Post by ProFlavor »

There’s copper and tin now?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20605 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:48 am

Post by Maestro »

This is in Modded MC, not Vanilla
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20606 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:56 am

Post by Oso »

Damn, that is a lot of ore. Is that Thaum Cinnabar I see as well? Or am I finally going blind?
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20607 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:02 am

Post by Maestro »

Nope! Thaumcraft is in this pack, also!

JOIN UUUUUS
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20608 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:07 am

Post by Oso »

I might. Having a lot of fun with Rimworld/Raft/Kerbal Space Program and Farming Simulator 19 at the moment. Not kidding myself though, the Minecraft jones will likely become overpowering here pretty quick :D
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20609 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:47 pm

Post by Maestro »

(a.k.a. The One Where Maestro Sees If The Server Blows Up)

(Bumped version to v9.1.1R after completion of COFH configs and revision of some others - see below)
(Check out the update to BoP biomes on the Google Sheet if you haven't already)

Astral Sorcery
  • after research, locked in compatibility between AS and Hunting Dim - and added Twilight as well
  • bumped Marble generation after disabling Chisel Marble
FTBUtilities
  • "explosions and hostile mobs in spawn area will be disabled, players won't be able to attack each other in spawn area"
  • set the "spawn area" mentioned above to 16 -
    must remember to set spawn protection to 0 in server.properties!

• disabled chunk claiming in "hostile dimensions" - you can see what I defined as a "hostile dimension" if you click the link in the title of this post (this was done because in those dimensions it is more likely to be used as pseudo-protection against hostile forces, and it can really mess up DimDoors' puzzle pocket dimensions) chunk claiming should rly be for bases and other permanent player structures (or the intent of those happening in the near future), not for literally staking a claim in the wilderness to an attractive loot opportunity or something you don't want anybody else to be able to have (I would hope that that isn't a controversial statement)
  • specifically left the Twilight Forest, the Aether, and the Hunting Dimension off the above blacklist - I imagine the Hunting Dimension will have some player structures for farming of mobs, etc. and I bet the Aether/Twilight Forest will be a popular place for players to move into pre-genned structures...
HuntingDim
  • enabled peaceful mob spawning
  • changed generation to "mimic surface world"
  • after my experience earlier with oregen, I also lowered Rustic's Slate generation (there's a lot... and it's not very useful) and Thaumcraft's ore ratio (I had it set to double, but that's wholly unnecessary)
Spoiler: COFH Oregen Changes
Dirt now stops generating underground at y=45
Gravel now stops generating underground at y=35

Coal Ore
- cluster size/#: 20/20 (from 17/20)
+17%

Iron Ore
- cluster size/#: 12/22 (from 9/20)
+47%

Gold Ore
- cluster size/#: 12/4 (from 9/2)
+167%

Redstone Ore
- cluster size/#: 10/10 (from 8/8)
+56%

Diamond Ore
- cluster size/#: 8/4 (from 8/1)
+300%

Emerald Ore
- cluster size/#: 2/3-8 (from 1/3-6)
+100-167%
Fun Fact: Emerald generates with even more randomness than other ores!

Lapis Ore
- cluster size/#: 9/3 (from 7/1)
+286%

Nether Quartz Ore tweaked to cluster size/# 24/12 (from 14/16) +29%
  1. Quartz veins now appear larger but more spread out; finding them is more of a return on your risk in the Nether
  2. Quartz generation is already wonky because the Nether is wonky
  3. Quartz generation is buffed indirectly (in the Overworld, no less) with Thaumcraft
Gold Ore in Mesa biomes bumped...
significantly

Copper
- cluster size/#: 10/10 (from 8/8)
+56%

• Copper (ocean): 10/3 (from 8/4)
    -6%

• Copper (high altitude): 10/8 (from 8/8)
    +25%
Tin
- cluster size/#: 10/8 (from 8/7)
+43%

Silver
- cluster size/#: 9/6 (from 8/4)
+69%

Lead
- cluster size/#: 6/8 (from 6/4)
+100%

• 20% of all Silver spawns as Lead
  • 10% of all Lead spawns as Silver
  • buffed Lead because of extensive use in Embers
Nickel
- cluster size/#: 5/3 (from 4/2)
+88%

Might need to look at Aluminum oregen, but for now it's not an issue.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20610 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:16 pm

Post by davesaz »

Nether chunkloading affects lava gathering and mob farms in nether, might want to turn that back on.
Which mod is the one that puts basalt around lava lakes in the lower Y levels? I like that one to be on. :shifty:
Gonna add IRC connection? It's lonely on IRC.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #20611 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:03 pm

Post by Klazam »

*unlurks*

Discord possible? Seems to be the new IRC nowadays

Also davesaz, i'd argue that the player chunk claiming/loading in nether for lava gathering might be kiiiinda cheaty if theres actual chunkloaders in the pack. (never been a fan of nether pumping for lava personally so im biased)

*lurks*
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20612 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:42 am

Post by Maestro »

We can add IRC, idk about Discord

Lava-Basalt from Chisel is enabled

I don’t think we have a single lava pump or use for a single lava pump in the pack; there’s no tech. But also, what Klaz said. Use the actual chunkloaders we have?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20613 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:16 am

Post by davesaz »

Several discord mods are available. Is there an existing channel for ms minecraft?
That would be very handy btw. I don't want facebook messenger on my phone.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20614 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:26 am

Post by Maestro »

I'm talking to Chevre now. He's the admin of the MS Discord. He's setting up 2 text channels there for us under "special topics"; one for Vanilla chat and discussion and one for Modded. Once I figure out how to configure this thing for SP9 I'll toss together the mini-server-pack for Vanilla. ETL, you wanted Morpheus, Nether Portal Fix, and if we can have Discord you'd want that? Would anybody be opposed?

PEDIT: It's done!

profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20615 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:48 pm

Post by profii »

im downloading the mods... i have never done mods before so ill work out how to install and have a look there tomorrow
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20616 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:52 pm

Post by Maestro »

Please do not download the mods! A much easier, streamlined, single-download pack will be available. I wasn't going to
make
it available until everything was worked out, however. Patience.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20617 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by profii »

oic, so just ignore the modded server for now?
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #20618 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:19 pm

Post by Maruchan »

AETHER?

AS IN THE AETHER MOD?

THE NUMBER ONE MINECRAFT MOD EVER THAT WAS SO PIPULAR UT REMAINED THE NUMBER ONE MINECRAFTFORUM THRESD ROR UEARS AFTER IT STOPPED DEVELOPMENT?!
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20619 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:27 pm

Post by davesaz »

Profii -- soon. I can't promise when M will upload but I'm not making plans to do other things. :D
Maru -- yes, that Aether mod, or at least a successor to it
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20620 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:49 pm

Post by Maestro »

Yeah, I'll be around late tonight and uploading server files/looking at our spawn if server doesn't explode.

The Aether Legacy mod we have is a mod by those who liked the old Aether, as in not Aether II which is in very early development. Aether II took a much more RPG-style approach to the mod, IIRC, and Aether Legacy is more about the open-world-opposite-of-the-Nether idea... and I feel like that's more in our wheelhouse (and my wheelhouse), not to mention I don't want to use an early alpha build of something like Aether II, no-thank-you.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20621 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:11 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Anyone mind adding me to the whitelist? Gave up just trying to get the old account back, it was easier to just do the $25 or w.e

slaxx0
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20622 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:26 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

In post 20616, Maestro wrote:Please do not download the mods! A much easier, streamlined, single-download pack will be available. I wasn't going to
make
it available until everything was worked out, however. Patience.

I feel attacked..........
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20623 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:11 am

Post by Maestro »

Moment of truth! Starting server now...

Upload for pack download is going on now; if server doesn't explode I'll update the link on the Sheet.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20624 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:10 am

Post by davesaz »

Update:
The link has been posted to the google sheet in Maestro's post, use the link at the top of the RECENT CHANGES tab.
We're having issues connecting to the server which are being worked now, but if you want to get a head start you may start your downloads!

We'll post another update when the server side is ironed out.

Return to “The Arcade”