Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #102 (isolation #0) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:28 pm

Post by davesaz »

Don't know how I'll keep track of this one.

Same, tbh.
Last edited by Boonskiies on Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (isolation #1) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:04 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 179, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 176, Almost Chara wrote:if doesn't imply uncertainty by itself, and there's a sample town role PM in the opening posts.

further, the colloquial definition of "talk" includes written communication, because no one actually says "we're typing at each other in this mafia thread". ;>
~Chara
Ok you're right... on the 2nd point.

But I don't think someone who is town writes IF there. You don't have to see this IF as damning as I do, but don't forget it later on.

The devil is in the details.
Someone who is a human and thinks something is true but isn't 100% certain may say/write if/then logic as a natural linguistic effect of that uncertainty. This goes for whether the uncertainty is in the 1st or 2nd part of the statement.

Once you're in the pattern of if x/then y, modifying that pattern to another conditional to show certainty in x but conditional in y is possible, but to the writer unnecessary given they know what they are uncertain about.

I have never seen a legit slip of this type, and the people who call such so-called slips to attention have been scum at least half the time I've seen someone bring it up, possibly more.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (isolation #2) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:17 am

Post by davesaz »

I see that someone else got to the linguistics thing before I did.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (isolation #3) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:19 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 257, Almost Chara wrote:So far:

DrewVa + RCEnigma
BrightEyedFish + Davesaz

These are my two top tier reads

~A50
What's up with the plus signs, vs a comma list?
How do you have anything on me given I had only posted once to say keeping up will be hard? :lol:
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (isolation #4) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:49 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 300, profii wrote:
In post 297, Xtoxm wrote:Literally doing our own vcs and wagoning in the normal way though, isn't something I'm interested in here.
how do you see the game panning out and town getting their hands on precious info? I take the point on spirit of the game but any info is good info i think
I agree with this sentiment.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #578 (isolation #5) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:16 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 448, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 446, Cheeky Dancer wrote:Because RCE had literally done nothing scummy.
Why do I have to think the same things as you?
Good question, worth review later.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (isolation #6) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:17 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 449, Thanos wrote:
In post 440, Cheeky Dancer wrote:Yeah I still don't agree. I'm oblivious as either alignment. I would think it was towny reasoning if they didn't have a myriad of posts and therefore other points you could have sorted them as town for.
Sure, *you* may be oblivious as either alignment -- that doesn't mean it's false that scum would likelier be aware of such a mechanic.
Feel free to disagree with me here, but I'm still sticking by it.
That slot usually has a lot of posts which I don't find AI.
This is also worth noting for review.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (isolation #7) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:32 am

Post by davesaz »

@RCE don't know how I'm reading it yet. Just marking for review.

Gamma seems town. Having 1/22 reads is progress in a game that doesn't have public votes. :lol:

I don't know if my way of identifying town A50 would work in a hydra situation. (this is a reminder to myself)
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #731 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:12 pm

Post by davesaz »

I didn't notice either a question from Nero or an answer. Whatever it was must have been of dubious importance.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1001 (isolation #9) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:55 am

Post by davesaz »

I have an active dislike for incessant posting of pictures and videos. Especially when they seem to be intended to convey meaning -- for me they don't even when it might be obvious to most people. I never play videos in particular and wish it were possible to have the browser not show or download them at all. Though that would result in more than a few posts that look empty.

Despite that, DrewVa is a townlean. Ultimate Liars is a scumlean. Karmeleon townlean. Nero townlean.

Keeping track of things is still a pain without in-thread voting, you don't get the flow info. I'm worried that town will have too little info to go on.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1007 (isolation #10) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:42 am

Post by davesaz »

Don't really understand what Karmeleon is seeing in Ramcius play or vice versa. The back and forth is a bunch of I'm acting town, no you're not I'm acting town. An explanation would help.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1015 (isolation #11) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:18 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 976, DrewVa wrote: Saying, Xslot can die can be townie. OTOH, saying I want Xslot dead, gives me the heebie jeebies.
Leaving aside who xslot is in relationship to the saying, how is one different than the other?
I can anticipate an answer but would like to hear what you think.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1020 (isolation #12) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:25 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1012, DrewVa wrote:
In post 999, Karmeleon wrote:
In post 995, DrewVa wrote:
In post 987, Karmeleon wrote:VOTE: The Last Knight
Why TLK over Ramicius?
profii voted TLK and I want an actual wagon going rather than multiple vanity wagons by the end of the day.
I could do TLK, I just think Ram is scummier.
I'm interested in hearing some reasons, if it's something other than/additional to the thing I just asked about.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1027 (isolation #13) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:36 am

Post by davesaz »

What do you think of ?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1032 (isolation #14) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:42 am

Post by davesaz »

To be clear, I'm no fan of Ram's trajectory after that, but thought that post scored some points so want to see if it's been included or ignored in favor of what came later, and why.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1035 (isolation #15) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:48 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1033, Ramcius wrote:Karm, Profil, Drew, Gamma want my head suddenly, anyone else interested too?
Who are your current scumreads?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1086 (isolation #16) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:32 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1084, DrewVa wrote:Sorry. :facepalm:
Please quote slips into your hydra iso so we don't miss it later, thanks.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1276 (isolation #17) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:30 am

Post by davesaz »

That's a good post but which side does it help more?

Scumlean on DrewVa, based on their seeming eagerness to obfuscate.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1454 (isolation #18) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by davesaz »

There should be a number of people who can read me much better after Stallone...

I had my other big toenail removed today. I’ll try not to be too grumpy. I may or may not be able to pay attention well.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1618 (isolation #19) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by davesaz »

Checking in for catchup, bottom of 59.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2074 (isolation #20) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:09 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 2015, Thanos wrote:
In post 1618, davesaz wrote:Checking in for catchup, bottom of 59.
Davesaz, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the current gamestate.

~A
TBH I'm pretty far out of touch RN. Only have the last few pages in memory.

I think it would have been better for town for TLK to not claim, assuming the SuperSaint claim is even real. The kneejerk reaction to people not "hammering" as directed can easily catch a TPR who has a darn good reason not to be venged just as much as it could catch scum, and therefore the strategy of trying to designate someone goes out the window. Though the claim does help TPRs avoid the hammer by not piling on, but that makes it a great scum fakeclaim. I don't remember if SS gets to choose to venge or not, or if it's compulsive. And if it isn't compulsive there is a question that someone with that role should be asking the mod.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2078 (isolation #21) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:21 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 2035, mcqueen wrote:
In post 1556, Something_Smart wrote:PLEASE stop quoting long posts. It's hell to read on mobile.
Sorry, this is stupid. I agree it is, but I’d rather know what’s being referenced.
The point is that the long quoted post (pyramid) should be edited like I did to this smaller quoted post to remove the things that don't apply to the point being made.
It sucks on desktop just as bad as mobile btw. The total number of words to read is just as important as screen space. Figuring out which part of a massive quote the new post is referring to costs processing power. ;)
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2696 (isolation #22) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:15 am

Post by davesaz »

I woke up 8 pages behind and it's still 8 pages.
At the bottom of 101.
Those are some interesting details that Thanos posted.
IIRC Gamma(?) didn't post details.
Thanos, was your game in room C?

Didn't someone claim to have a +1 to give during day yesterday, with what sounded like the same mechanics as the Game A mechanics? Game A players, was there stuff in your room before you started?

I'm going to have more to say about BOONus rounds later. I'd like to finish reading up to at least the point I post this.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2702 (isolation #23) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:38 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 2582, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 2581, Thanos wrote:
In post 2580, BrightEyedFish wrote:tbh, I want all of my posts to talk about how DrewVa is scum and I want all of you to go and faith and believe me but I do feel DrewVa's day will come, the sooner the better... but to progress the game because there are other scum out there I was wondering:

Do you feel we benefited from the hidden votes on D1 and should we continue with hidden votes today and wait for the flip to see the votes or should we all be more transparent today?
No faith needed. I think the hidden votes helped a lot. I feel someone unintentionally bussed.
I agree and looking at the time stamps, Cheeky's lat minute switch comes off a little shady.
Also, UL, Nev, TA, dave, and Karm all have early time stamps and didn't switch there votes at all during the later stages of D1.

Maybe some comments from them on to why they didn't change their vote would be helpful.
My reads on D1 are shit just about always, and with plurality vote I didn't want to go out on a limb and inadvertently lynch a PR.
As for not going ahead and voting FlippyNips, I think in this format it helps more if there isn't a huge pileon.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2703 (isolation #24) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:44 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 2603, profii wrote:DrewVa you are a genius I have an idea but I’ll need a PC and some time - mega post to ensue!
Let's make that several kilo posts instead lol.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2706 (isolation #25) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:05 am

Post by davesaz »

Wow, that's amazing that almost nobody posted during my catchup. Maybe I'll be able to keep up... ;)

I was in BOONus room B, with Almost Chara and Karm. Karm and I "won" the minigame, and got a +1 and choice of (Disloyal, Loud, and a 3rd thing that I can't remember offhand). We had the option of keeping or gifting, same as the other BOONus rooms. Hopefully Karm will remember the 3rd modifier. It seems that the game will end up with a good number of us having roles that resemble the way that Boon plays the game in every setup -- wild!! :lol:

Profii, I feel like I should read the setup posts to see if that ability to gift someone is even a possible role in the setup (could be wrong though, maybe one slot can be an out of the blue new thing??). Care to share anything else about how you got that?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2714 (isolation #26) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:38 am

Post by davesaz »

Doesn't look contraboon'd, so it could take a variant slot.
What was described would fit both under the concept of inventor and within the concept of the game, so I'm satisfied as to plausibility.
I have not put enough thought into determining whether it's AI.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2715 (isolation #27) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:43 am

Post by davesaz »

Being wrong
on thinking DrewVa scumslipped by knowing there were multiple BOONus games doesn't make the people who pushed that scum.
I'm undecided on whether
pushing it as a "scumslip"
is AI. I have a running thing going where I can't remember how often scumslip pushers are themselves scum, and I keep forgetting to keep track of it.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3010 (isolation #28) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:50 am

Post by davesaz »

At bottom of 113.

First why all the speculation that winning BOONus rounds has anything to do with next day reps, and then furthermore why does the day rep who didn't win a BOONus round need to be the scum of the group if there is one?

If Ram is town, someone pushing Ram as the scum dayrep (if there is one) is trying to deflect suspicion from the actual scum among the dayreps, if any.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3017 (isolation #29) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:48 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 2865, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2848, mcqueen wrote:
In post 2798, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2403, Boonskiies wrote:
Day 2 Representatives
These 4 people will be responsible for ending the day phase. They just have to vote to end the day. When 3 of the 4 of them do, the day will end, or whenever the countdown times out. Plurality Lynch Rule applies, meaning whoever has the most votes at the end of the day, will be the lynch. You will vote within your private thread. Good luck, and have fun.

Davesaz
Ramcius
DrewVa (Nancy Drew 39/DVa)
Karmeleon

(expired on 2019-01-14 18:00:00)
on
January 14th, 2019.
I think it’s really just coincidence that the winners are the representatives. I’ll give it a couple days. Until then, STOP.
3/4’s not a coincedence. Sorry not sorry
Yes it is, holy fuck do I need to read a dictionary at you
Gamma feels town. Increasing suspicions on all slots that draw correlations between day reps and BOONus rounds.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3019 (isolation #30) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:03 pm

Post by davesaz »

Kinda interested to know what Elsa Jay thinks was ignored.
Also that color is very hard to read.

Finally caught up to the posts quoting the "more apparent" thing from Boon. OK, maybe there is a connection. Or maybe there isn't. I'm on record in countless games as being against making assumptions like that.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3020 (isolation #31) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:08 pm

Post by davesaz »

I can rule out "oldest vote" as not likely to be the method of choosing day reps. Thought that might be another plausible method given the age of my vote and Karm's. But there were several older D1 votes.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3155 (isolation #32) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:14 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 3124, Emperors New Groove wrote:
In post 3121, Nev and Max wrote:It's real easy to wiggle out of reads you haven't explicitly stated, just talked about, and pantomimed and sensed.
Funny...if you ISO me, I have explicitly stated reads. Sorry if they aren't all neat and proper like you would like.

I'm going to bed...you're pushing scum read territory for lack of ability to read...because it almost has to be intentional.
I just did a quick skim. There are a few weak-looking townreads. Didn't notice any explicit scumreads, though I only read about the 2nd half or so.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3157 (isolation #33) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:18 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 3155, davesaz wrote:
In post 3124, Emperors New Groove wrote:
In post 3121, Nev and Max wrote:It's real easy to wiggle out of reads you haven't explicitly stated, just talked about, and pantomimed and sensed.
Funny...if you ISO me, I have explicitly stated reads. Sorry if they aren't all neat and proper like you would like.

I'm going to bed...you're pushing scum read territory for lack of ability to read...because it almost has to be intentional.
I just did a quick skim. There are a few weak-looking townreads. Didn't notice any explicit scumreads, though I only read about the 2nd half or so.
:lol:
I did a quick skim
backwards
, and then they post reads on the next page. :facepalm:
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3195 (isolation #34) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:51 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 3166, profii wrote:
In post 2293, The Last Knight wrote:I think a proper wagon/scumlean is profii. I am obviously not voting for myself because I don't want to be my own hammer on accident. So I just want to be on a reasonable wagon when the day ends. And profii isn't pinging my towndar at all.

VOTE: profii
Can someone in the right time zone check this for me because it’s bugging me and I want to make sure I’m doing it right

It
appears
TLK said he would vote me half an hour after voting Theta according to the Boon vca

It could be because I’m GMT and adding +5 to all time stamps to find juicy posts near when people actually voted that I’ve infact messed this up

Help???
2293 was posted shortly after 23:00 GMT, or just after 15:00 Boon time if I’m remembering correctly that he’s California time. PST is gmt-8 so you should add 8 from boon time to get yours. If I’ve remembered wrong then...
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3226 (isolation #35) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:40 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 3221, Something_Smart wrote:which brings up the question to dave and Thanos, why did you stay on UL when it seemed like the consensus was if a lurker was lynched, it would be flippy?
I wasn't actually here for about the last 2 days of day 1.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3228 (isolation #36) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:41 am

Post by davesaz »

Alonzo, what does your list refer to?
I think I know what, but not sure.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3428 (isolation #37) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:38 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 3360, Karmeleon wrote:When I requested the virtual VC, nobody handed it.
You're quite welcome to make this virtual VC yourself.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3429 (isolation #38) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:38 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 3365, Karmeleon wrote:DrewVA, if you had to end the day this instant, who would you lynch?
Possible scumpost.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3431 (isolation #39) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:50 am

Post by davesaz »

What's that in reference to?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3455 (isolation #40) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 3432, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3429, davesaz wrote:
In post 3365, Karmeleon wrote:DrewVA, if you had to end the day this instant, who would you lynch?
Possible scumpost.
Really?
Holding off to state any scumreads until others have done so. Yes, really.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3456 (isolation #41) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:16 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 3433, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3343, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 2336, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 2332, Something_Smart wrote:Not asking for a cop, I'm talking about an investigative role that right now is almost useless, like vanilla cop, voyeur, or motion detector. Neighborizer also qualifies. If somebody has one of those roles, it's probably worth it to come out.
no
stop rolefishing
@gamma
Ok yeah that’s kinda bad but keep in mind there’s probably a couple protective roles
How does existence of protectives affect whether rolefishing is good or not?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3547 (isolation #42) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:00 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 3469, Gamma Emerald wrote:Okay. What were you reviewing mechanics for?
This kind of senseless question typically means that Gamma is town.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3549 (isolation #43) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:01 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 3473, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 3472, Emperors New Groove wrote:
In post 3470, The Last Knight wrote:So I did ISO ENG and the reads are sparse and disorganized. Considering how many people are in this game, the multiple people asking ENG to provide a more concise list is very reasonable. So I found it very anti-town behavior to be so obstinate, especially when they know how hard their Iso is to read. So that's a big ping for me on my scum far.
:lol:

This is also scum.
You tell people to iso you to get your reads. They iso you and find your reads wanting and not as easy to find as you purport. You call them scum for this...
In post 3474, Emperors New Groove wrote:Because it's incorrect and an attempt to serve their purpose.
If multiple people think something, often they're right.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3550 (isolation #44) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:12 am

Post by davesaz »

Re: BEF vs Ram on page 141, if Ram unvotes and revotes, and TLK ended up tied with someone, the revote makes the timestamp later and the other player gets lynched instead due to earlier last vote. Mechanically what Ram is saying is correct.
This is not analysis on whether it's scummy by convenience or towny.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3563 (isolation #45) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:44 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 3, Boonskiies wrote:Town Only
Vanilla Townie, Friendly Neighbor, Innocent Child, Mason, Miller, Named Townie, Super Saint, Vigilante, Vengeful,
Vig can only be town in BooneyToonz games.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3564 (isolation #46) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:45 am

Post by davesaz »

From what I'm aware of, BOONus games give +shots and modifiers.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3578 (isolation #47) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:00 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 3430, Thanos wrote:Every time I read the thread there's a different angle pushed lol. Let's at least try to work together.
In post 3431, davesaz wrote:What's that in reference to?
In case Thanos misses that this was a question...
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3605 (isolation #48) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:53 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 3598, Thanos wrote:
In post 3578, davesaz wrote:
In post 3430, Thanos wrote:Every time I read the thread there's a different angle pushed lol. Let's at least try to work together.
In post 3431, davesaz wrote:What's that in reference to?
In case Thanos misses that this was a question...
Not used to large games. Due to the number of players, it makes sense that there're many angles being pushed because everyone will have differing opinions. Not referenced to anything specifically. Just the thread is on a totally different mood every time I catchup.

What's everyone's votes on rn? Are we bringing back the end the day meme?
Thanks, what are the different angles you're referring to?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3606 (isolation #49) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:54 am

Post by davesaz »

Posted too soon -- of those angles are there some you prefer over others?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3625 (isolation #50) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:39 pm

Post by davesaz »

• Davesaz
    Ramcius
    DrewVa
    Karmeleon

If there is a bullet point,
    that means they have voted
    to end day.
3621 could have used a line break or two. I'm having trouble parsing it.
Last edited by Boonskiies on Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3699 (isolation #51) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:20 pm

Post by davesaz »

Back to work I went.
Surprised by the small number of posts I am, but grateful still.

I could go along with Mcqueen.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3781 (isolation #52) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:47 pm

Post by davesaz »

I certainly don't have any idea.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4076 (isolation #53) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:50 am

Post by davesaz »

If Creature is scum and Mcqueen is town then why wouldn't he push Mcqueen as the mislynch? I'm leaning toward both scum on that interaction. Maybe try to split the vote so they can nudge someone else over the line?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4078 (isolation #54) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:50 am

Post by davesaz »

Trying.....
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4081 (isolation #55) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:53 am

Post by davesaz »

But still scum, or WKing to try to salvage himself as town?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4082 (isolation #56) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:54 am

Post by davesaz »

I had an independent scumread on Karmeleon btw.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4236 (isolation #57) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by davesaz »

It's about freakin' time Creature actually plays, but he can be town for now.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4322 (isolation #58) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:49 am

Post by davesaz »

@Alonzo, if there is anyone you find more deserving of a vote than the apparently top wagons, now's the time to make that clear.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4502 (isolation #59) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:40 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 4493, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 4490, Nero Cain wrote:Aren't we not supposed to be outting winners though?
I think it's a good idea to know how the day reps are chosen.
I think it's a massive wifom and not worth any more posts.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4503 (isolation #60) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:41 am

Post by davesaz »

I'd be on board with BEF or Elsa to start with as a pool.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4512 (isolation #61) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:49 am

Post by davesaz »

Creature, I have a hard time believing you asked if a flipped townie was scum among yesterday's day reps.
That's the kind of fake townslip that scum like to make.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4527 (isolation #62) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:59 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 4511, profii wrote:nero played a game yesterday and is a day rep today

precedent is given to players who havent played the night game according to day rules.

we mislynched someone on the assumption scum inserted someone into day reps...

like i know nero has a lot of town reads but is anyone worried by that?
This is interesting but a couple points.
Precedence for day rep is someone who hasn't been one, and presumably night games also give precedence for someone who hasn't been in one.
We don't know if there is a connection between the two. Boon made a vague statement about it becoming more apparent and a bunch of people are doing olympic-sized conclusion jumping as a result. Nobody has acknowledged that in an all blue compromise everyone is a winner, which for 3 games could produce 9 winners at the extreme end of the RNG. If winners outnumber dayrep slots (all you need is a 2:1 ration in 2 games and 1 winner in the 3rd) there will be some winners who aren't dayreps. It's also possible for all 3 players in a game to lose, and produce no winners. Mathematically it means you can't predict how many dayreps are game winners. And it will get worse in the game when the night games produce too few winners...

We don't know if scum's ability to choose is limited to one of their own, or if they could pick anyone.

All the dayrep stuff is noise. Let's just scumhunt.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4533 (isolation #63) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:11 am

Post by davesaz »

Did someone say shotgun reads?

Thanos nulltown
Kokichi Oma scum
Profii town
Mcqueen weak scum
The Last Knight town if claim true, scum if not
Cheeky Dancer very weak town
UnaBombah dunno, can't read very well
Elsa Jay scum
Something_Smart weak scum
Gamma Emerald weak town
Xtoxm don't remember enough
DrewVa town
BrightEyedFish town but very bad or scum trying to manipulate, leaning toward scum
Creature jury's out, people say that he's beyond the "can't post as scum" meta which means you need to interpret actual motivation now
Nev and Max feels townish but weak
PenguinPower don't have any confidence on being able to read
RCEnigma weak town
Nero Cain town
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4539 (isolation #64) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:15 am

Post by davesaz »

Because we don't have vote movement data, the game is almost certainly designed to revolve about effective use of night results.
1-shots can be reloaded, which makes it more important than normal not to prematurely reveal when out of shots.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4542 (isolation #65) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:19 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 4538, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 4533, davesaz wrote:PenguinPower don't have any confidence on being able to read
Why not?
You weren't obvtown in the game I modded.
The one where you were IC. :lol:

More serious answer, not much background.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4807 (isolation #66) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:37 pm

Post by davesaz »

I'm at the bottom of 188 and it's time to go to bed.
PP's moves seem towny but there is a remaining question below.
mcqueen's reaction is off somehow. Someone tells you in that type of post to chill in a presumably role madness game, you chill and stop asking questions.

@Penguin what was your TLK read previously?

5 pages to read in the morning, plus whatever gets posted in the next 7 hours or so.

Pedit: I'm guessing something juicy shows up other than fruit, but no I can't stay up and read more.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5062 (isolation #67) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:51 am

Post by davesaz »

Just realized I misread something that makes Elsa much more likely to be town.
Starting to read 195.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5078 (isolation #68) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:26 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 5003, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 4807, davesaz wrote:@Penguin what was your TLK read previously?
Scum then?
So if the sticky fruit wasn't what you tried to give TLK, same question to you that you asked profii. Why give something to a scumread?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5097 (isolation #69) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:43 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 5027, profii wrote:
In post 5023, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 5020, profii wrote:
In post 4632, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 2544, profii wrote:I received a sticky fruit so I’m going to give the fruit to the person I made loyal and then I guess they can cop someone
Why would you make loyal and send sticky fruit to someone you scumread and voted?
PP - why do you think I made TLK loyal AND gave him the sticky fruit

bearing in mind i said i thought i saw a breadcrumb of a role that would be awesome for loyal - it was not TLK, i spotted the breadcrumb way before the SS claim but obviously i had until night to fully decide and giving a SS loyal is stupid as if he is legit town i don't want him to only be able to team kill (if that even works like that)
Because you said you made loyal the person who you were giving the sticky fruit to. Obviously, if TLK is lying you didn't give either to him. Probably should have phrased it as a question, but I didn't. oh well.
This is really weird - i got the sticky fruit the day i gave the loyal out and the person who i made loyal is not reacting like they are loyal so i don't think the intended person got it either...

Urgh
There have been BOONus round prizes that cause ascetic. Would that prevent your invention ability? I would think so...
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5110 (isolation #70) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:54 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 5083, PenguinPower wrote:Yes. I'd prefer not to answer the second part yet.
Oh, gotcha. In your opinion town should acknowledge it, or not? If you feel answering that is too much feel free to ignore. We have TLK's immediate response btw so IMO the question of whether TLK's initial instinct was answer / don't answer is already given.

I'd be on board with TLK lynch. We need someone who doesn't have an ability to volunteer to hammer in case the SS claim is true. Remaining useful shots and roles with important abilities that can be reloaded need not apply. Also should check with the BooneyToonz rules to see if SS as scum is even a possibility as a regular role -- if not then it would be at least a variant. Reminder that SS is a great fakeclaim in a role madness game because few people with a non-vanilla role are going to want to test it. Especially with hidden votes where you don't know if you're the hammer or not.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5115 (isolation #71) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:03 am

Post by davesaz »

Advice to all town: don't fakeclaim
anything
. I solve by finding holes in logic webs and need accurate data. That is more important than ever in a game which doesn't have traditional wagon movement as a data source! If you need to be silent that's fine, but absolutely don't lie here!
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5189 (isolation #72) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:20 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 5176, Cheeky Dancer wrote:
In post 5169, Creature wrote:I think we should go after the players we keep flipflopping on, scum usually orbits the null area.
You should tell that to the high-performing scum team of the worst, performer, and keyser soze from Starcraft 1, what they have to say about that. :lol: :lol:
In post 5162, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4573, Cheeky Dancer wrote:ss, theta/una , karm/creat , n&m , SS
just noticed CD lists SS as scum twice lol

maybe you should expand on that read CD?

una read also seems good -d
Was supposed to have him once . That was a mistake on my part.

~ P
I wrongly interpreted the second SS as SuperSaint. You don't scumread TLK?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5751 (isolation #73) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:47 am

Post by davesaz »

Finished reading 219 (last night).
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5772 (isolation #74) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:02 pm

Post by davesaz »

What would be the normal number of scum for 23p, barring adjustments for balance? Is 5 the right number or would 5.5 fit better?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5785 (isolation #75) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:51 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 5776, PenguinPower wrote:Why is this important right now?
People throwing around traitor stuff, thought it would be good to think about plausibility numbers wise.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6185 (isolation #76) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:24 am

Post by davesaz »

I'm going camping, V/LA until Sunday afternoon
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6188 (isolation #77) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:28 am

Post by davesaz »

This game will be solved with results.
I don't have any and haven't seen any.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6191 (isolation #78) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:46 am

Post by davesaz »

If I die read my iso with a critical eye.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6192 (isolation #79) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:48 am

Post by davesaz »

You can have my vote for that btw. It's symbolic of course.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6194 (isolation #80) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:49 am

Post by davesaz »

Your actions are anti-town. Final warning.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6322 (isolation #81) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:03 pm

Post by davesaz »

I doubt that posting them in the room will work, though I could be wrong given I haven't repeated in a room yet to see how thoroughly they are cleaned up. Record them in your confessional (without copy/paste) so you can out them here as needed.

Cheating death seems rather specific. I feel like looking that up, but not right now because it's 1 AM and it's time to go to sleep.

Pedit @ Nev&Max -- don't even suggest I'd fake a VLA.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6354 (isolation #82) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:31 pm

Post by davesaz »

@mod when someone who has received a modifier flips does the modifier show? If given conflicting modifier example loyal and disloyal what happens?

If Elsa were bp and got a +1 I’m thinking it would explain surviving 2 kills. I think it’s a stretch to assume both kills went there unless maf thinks traitor. Look for anyone explicitly discounting recruitment in thread.

Gotta sleep for real. Petit y’all in Europe or something?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6563 (isolation #83) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:22 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 6459, DrewVa wrote:So if anyone really wants charges now's the time to say so :P

-d
Helpful it would be.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6564 (isolation #84) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:46 am

Post by davesaz »

I was going to hold out, but think this is highly relevant bordering on urgent now.
I kept the disloyal, targeted Elsa N2, and got no result.
Possible meanings:
Elsa is town
I was RB'd, JK'd, etc
Elsa has ascetic or similar -- is there a role that can be targeted by nothing, not even a vig?

S-S would be lying for 2/3 of those possible meanings.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6613 (isolation #85) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:32 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 6591, Elsa Jay wrote:Hell, you made a Varient role yourself.
Citation needed.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6617 (isolation #86) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:34 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 6595, Elsa Jay wrote:Dave says I'm in fact a townie because he checked me and denies SS's results as well
One of my possible results is that you're a townie. There are other possibilities like you can't be night targeted, so I don't consider it to be confirmed.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6623 (isolation #87) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:39 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 6608, DrewVa wrote:So it seems the tlk flip suggests there is a scum sticky fruit vendor. This to me suggests that ss is group scum, baited our vig shot to elsa, knew his team was fruiting elsa, and elsa is now witholding receipt of the sticky fruit. This matches my reads and explains most of what has gone on. It points away from elsa being the vendor and ss could be the scum vendor so I still like starting there.

There are other possibilities but this seems the simplest right now. -d
That would make S_S scum, Elsa 3p as I'm reading it.
Assuming Elsa isn't a killing 3p, S_S is priority so we don't have multiple fruit floating around.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6630 (isolation #88) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:43 am

Post by davesaz »

Hmm, would 3p fall under disloyal or not? Maybe not so 3p does not explain my result.
The theory might not hold water unless there is another lie in play.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6666 (isolation #89) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:02 am

Post by davesaz »

When I was in BOONus round N1, it clearly said the decision on the prize had to be submitted
before the night deadline
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6680 (isolation #90) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:59 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 6188, davesaz wrote:This game will be solved with results.
I don't have any and haven't seen any.
@CD (Performer) -- no result crumb.
Kindly put your brain back where it belongs. ;)
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6695 (isolation #91) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:02 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 6682, Cheeky Dancer wrote:Dave I like you a lot on FM, you're a cool guy.
But bringing up 3p when there's explicitly no 3p.

Those interactions...!

UNVOTE: SS

~ P
Iirc someone else mentioned 3p... As a logical solver i must rule out things.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6718 (isolation #92) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:14 am

Post by davesaz »

Counting revotes as changing vote position (or not as the case may be) is critically important for plurality lynch, as it re-establishes which tied player takes precedence if there is a tie.
If you aren't counting the revotes in the same post the players need to be informed.
In an open vote game it might be apparent anyway (if VC's happen often enough). It's even worse in a closed vote game to not define what the correct result would be.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6722 (isolation #93) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:20 am

Post by davesaz »

I think Elsa is trying to use this as an excuse. Either way Boon would be caught in a tough spot by the question as almost any answer other than "not saying" confirms someone's alignment.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6733 (isolation #94) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:30 am

Post by davesaz »

@Creature:

Does that mean you got a result, or no result? What night?
I don't care what action at this time. Later it might be helpful for the logic web, but unnecessary right now.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6769 (isolation #95) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:11 am

Post by davesaz »

Claimed targets on Elsa

Dave N2 with disloyal, no result
Creature N2 with disloyal, no result
S_S with Rolecop (no stated modifier), Traitor
DrewVa with Vig N3 (not dead)

I didn't catch the Xtoxm one, will need to look back.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6778 (isolation #96) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:16 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 6577, Xtoxm wrote:i also had an action fail on elsa last night
So Xtoxm was N3, action not stated, and later said no modifier.

That means a vig and another action failed on N3, and there were 3 actions on N2 for which the results would have not been possible in combination as either both disloyals should have hit on traitor and gotten a result, or the rolecop should fail if something interfered with Creature and myself.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6781 (isolation #97) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:19 am

Post by davesaz »

Still think it's either SvTraitor, or S_S doesn't really have a traitor result and went all-in on framing Elsa for not hammering.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6795 (isolation #98) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:34 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 6790, Jingle wrote:Dave/Creat: When did you get disloyal?
I got mine at end of N1, from BOONus room B. Creature was in that same room and won (as Karmeleon) though it's not guaranteed he actually took that modifier.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6800 (isolation #99) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:37 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 6797, RCEnigma wrote:Was Ascetic an available modifier?
Don't know, I didn't think to paraphrase the info into my confessional before the round ended. :oops:
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6809 (isolation #100) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:43 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 6802, Jingle wrote:
In post 6800, davesaz wrote:
In post 6797, RCEnigma wrote:Was Ascetic an available modifier?
Don't know, I didn't think to paraphrase the info into my confessional before the round ended. :oops:
Our Boonus round Boon put the prizes in our confessional. Is that not true for the others?
He didn't put it in mine, but I had already picked what I was going to do because it was obvious.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6879 (isolation #101) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:14 am

Post by davesaz »

Might be time to ask ourselves what we want to accomplish this day beyond resolving S_S vs EJ.
I'm personally in no rush yet but if we end up discussing only that one topic for days it might get old.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6957 (isolation #102) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:00 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 6956, DrewVa wrote:What I’m like to figure out, is why no NK? Am I the only one who’s wondering wtf’s up with that?
No, you're not the only one who wonders about it. Curiosity about it is good. Digging may or may not be. There are plenty of reasons a NK might disappear. Some of those reasons are best left unexplored. Others are worth going into but should be under the control of the responsible parties.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6983 (isolation #103) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:58 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 6976, RCEnigma wrote:AC lost night one didn't he? @creature/dave
Correct.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7042 (isolation #104) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:37 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 7005, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 6971, Creature wrote:Hmm, didn't know I was a day rep
townclearing for Creature, or no?
Nah, way too easy to fake.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7043 (isolation #105) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:39 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 7007, Nev and Max wrote:Dave has been pinging me most of the game because he appears to be posting more mechanical stuff then game solvey stuff. And then the thing at end of day yesterday too.
Mechanically is how I solve games. This is not a secret.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7044 (isolation #106) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:42 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 7017, Cheeky Dancer wrote:I forget, was disloyal ever a prize in any of the BOONus rooms?
Obviously you aren't remembering what you read.
Disloyal was one of the prizes in the room that I was in N1 with Creature and AC. This has been said multiple times.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7045 (isolation #107) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:43 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 7020, Nev and Max wrote:Then he got really defensive and accused me of accusing him of lying about his lva.
That's exactly right. Fuck anyone who ever questions any statement I make about RL.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7050 (isolation #108) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:06 am

Post by davesaz »

Btw I didn’t know if the 5 day thing was even real tbh. I post when I do, and don’t when I don’t. I’m not going to post meaningless shit if there is nothing constructive to say. Y’all yammered on about super saint and sticky fruit all friggin day. When I do have something useful like results and discussion thereof you can have my take on what the logic shows.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7183 (isolation #109) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:13 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 7073, Jingle wrote:
In post 7062, DrewVa wrote:Jingle has ben doing a lot of rolefishing recently. First the mass claim and now this.
I've been doing a lot of Boonus round fishing, yup. That's how we've got a mechanical one of SS/Creat/Dave is scum. Because there's only 2 disloyal gifts N2 and three people claimed to receive them.

Also, don't out mechanical townreads today, we already know who the lynch is.
This is completely wrong.
I got my disloyal
N1
and wasn't gifted anything.
I used a disloyal shot on N2.

Creature was winner in the same game as me N1 (as Karmeleon) and could have received a disloyal the same way. I don't know if he has said he got it that way though.

I don't
think
Creature is scum, but I will note that he was aware that I had won a shot and said in the BOONus room that I had a use for it. If we're wrong about Creature then Scum would have known I was a candidate for someone to roleblock (having said I had a useful shot) but would not know what night to block me. This means that my failed disloyal shot on EJ is
not
a mechanical clear, and Creature saying his disloyal failed isn't a clear either. A lot of us would have to be wrongly reading Creature as town for that to happen, but it is most definitely a possibility.

Furthermore anyone in that same room N2 would have seen me say I had a use for a shot.
If
there were scum who saw me claim to be able to use a shot, it would be someone in that room N1 or N2.

Given I've outed myself as at least a PR, I shouldn't mind being scumread by people. That doesn't make me like it, and I won't stand for people claiming to use mechanics wrongly like that.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7184 (isolation #110) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:16 am

Post by davesaz »

Oh great, I'm replying to stuff 5 pages old. At bottom of 283.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7191 (isolation #111) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:35 am

Post by davesaz »

@Profii, please confirm:

Are you saying the prize was "charge transfer"? I think that would be gifting the recipient the ability to transfer a charge from them to a 3rd party. But I think you should ask Boon to clarify if you haven't done so already. There's no reason to assume that the most logical definition is the correct one. :lol:
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7231 (isolation #112) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:06 pm

Post by davesaz »

Creature just complained about it being boring.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7364 (isolation #113) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:49 pm

Post by davesaz »

Nev & Max fucked up and didn't give anyone in our boonus room a prize.
Unless Boon is extending it, the room hasn't been closed.
They also tried to say that none of the prizes are helpful, which is total bullshit.

Prizes: Loud, Ascetic, 1-shot charge transfer, Multitasking (yeah wouldn't want scum to get that), 1-shot eraser (lets you remove a modifier which would be quite useful to me if someone gifted me a loyal for example)

People keep questioning my alignment, I'll get pissed off and Boon will be finding a replacement. Shut the fuck up already, I'm town and there is no possible question about it.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7365 (isolation #114) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:50 pm

Post by davesaz »

Going to bed.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7373 (isolation #115) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:13 pm

Post by davesaz »

I need to learn how to embrace the scumread.
Being universal town just leads to early nk.

If they’re scum it’s a good move.
But I suspect it was not knowing deadline. Room was a day late opening. Maybe we’ll get an extended bonus, or maybe boon just forgot to lock.
Gotta put the tablet down. Gnight.

Petit Elsa is definitely still in the Running and creature is too. Don’t rush to judgment let me and jingle analyze the night data if there is any. Remember true or silent, don’t leave out details that change the logic.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7411 (isolation #116) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:17 am

Post by davesaz »

I got a neighborhood with Cheeky Dancer.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7414 (isolation #117) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:24 am

Post by davesaz »

The way I read that, RCE thinks you're a vanilla who lied to try to catch scum.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7426 (isolation #118) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:53 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 7417, Elsa Jay wrote:We STILL don't know where scum shot yesterday. Imvestigating that seems fun instead of wasting a second day describing my shenanigans, right?
Translation: Hey the scumteam is mystified by what happened to their kill so let's talk about that.

Just no... scum kills that fail for whatever reason are good for town anyway.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7430 (isolation #119) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:00 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 7427, Elsa Jay wrote:Why wouldn't He just Jailkeep and protect one of his allies though?
You are one of his allies -- either as scum yourself or by muddying the waters so much that you might as well be.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7439 (isolation #120) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:30 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 7383, DrewVa wrote: Following up on this -- do you need more charges?

This is, btw, partly why you are a high priority sort. If a convincing case can be made for you being town, then you are a candidate for activation. Are you at 0 charges rn?

the question remains why you got no result on elsa from a mechanical POV but given the events with the sticky fruit and TLK I do not at all think Elsa is clear here (Nancy, btw, might disagree)

-d
Yes on being able to use charges.
Prefer not to say on whether I have charges or not RN. In a game that is primarily 1-shot, scum have to guess who is dangerous and who isn't.
That motivation is one of the reasons I think N&M might be scum. Appearances or not, they might have been planning to not award any shots from BOONus for exactly that reason.
I waited till about 5 hours left on BOONus vote BTW. If scum know who shots are going to they get important info on danger to them.

A bigger question than my no result is Creature's reported no result. He revealed 2nd, and could just be piggybacking to look town. I'm seriously not convinced by the "creature tell" in this game, and there have been several things that looked sketchy to me from that slot. I could have even been roleblocked by a team containing Creature -- I revealed in BOONus that a shot was useful to me so if he's scum then they knew I was a block candidate. He says no result to take that off the table of likely actions, it's fairly safe.

What keeps me from diving all-in on a Creature / Elsa scumteam is why they would all be involved in yesterday's drama? Massive theater to ensure that at least one of them ends up conf or nearly so? Would that scumteam conceive of playing the long game to the hilt?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7442 (isolation #121) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:41 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 7415, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 7364, davesaz wrote:People keep questioning my alignment, I'll get pissed off and Boon will be finding a replacement. Shut the fuck up already, I'm town and there is no possible question about it.
That's kinda the point of the game - find out people's alignment.

Threatening to replace out is yuck and I kinda want you to just die for it.
Sorry, not intended to be a threat. Originally I would get pissed but refuse to replace out. It wasn't good for my health. Now I accept the need to exit if it gets to the point that my BP rises.
I can see how it would be seen as a threat. Yeah that's not good. But it's not, it's just life.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7451 (isolation #122) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:36 am

Post by davesaz »

Where did that thought come from? I don't remember seeing anything along those lines.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7454 (isolation #123) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:46 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 6962, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 6958, Cheeky Dancer wrote:Considering no kill happened on n3, it could be that EJ was stopped due to so many folks targeting him (thanks Jingle for the documentation as I included your notes in my personal notes as well).

I'm not sure why your vig shot didn't go through though. Maybe I jailkept you because I had you as an sr (and probably still do ) . :twisted: :cop:

~ P
You’re joking, right? About the jailkeep thing? Not sure why you’d still be scumreading us, though.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7455 (isolation #124) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:47 am

Post by davesaz »

Funnier still.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7456 (isolation #125) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:48 am

Post by davesaz »

Is that a fake reaction to NK?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7554 (isolation #126) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:44 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 7515, Creature wrote:
In post 7512, DrewVa wrote:
In post 7307, Creature wrote:I'm ascetic kill me
In post 7311, Creature wrote:
In post 7308, Jingle wrote:When did you get ascetic if it was a gift?
It wasn't really a gift.
I guess I had no idea how to correctly parse this joke. I'm not trying to be unfunny, but ascetic was a giftable prize n1 so maybe you can understand why I wanted to make sure here

-d
I mean, I wasn't gifted by anyone.
In post 7516, Jingle wrote:Hm. Why did you choose ascetic?
In post 7517, Jingle wrote:And when?
This is spicy. Wonder if it's already answered. Wanted to comment immediately before I scroll down. :lol:
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7556 (isolation #127) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:50 pm

Post by davesaz »

Oh hey Creature, we require an answer to 7517.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7573 (isolation #128) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:36 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 7525, Jingle wrote:So we're left with two possible logic chains:

EJ is a scum traitor
with no special modifiers, meaning Creat/dave/drewva/xtoxm were all stopped by an independent source or are lying AND has been claimed to have received the Weak modifier.

EJ is town who lies compulsively and plays like a survivor regardless of role PM.

The latter is magnitudes of order more likely imo, and, more importantly,
if the former IS the case, EJ cannot have performed the scum kill
, and continues to not be able to perform the scum kill.
No mechanical contradiction here. Traitors (more specifically the kind that aren't recruited and therefore are still traitors) don't perform the NK.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7575 (isolation #129) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:41 pm

Post by davesaz »

@Boon: follow up to DrewVa's question -- does weak specifically apply to the mafia factional kill? As in they die when targeting town?

I can see a world where a mod might apply the modifier to roles but not to factional abilities, important to get that clarified -- if it gets an answer at all.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7576 (isolation #130) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:41 pm

Post by davesaz »

Wow, lucked out with a pagetop.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7636 (isolation #131) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:57 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 7605, Jingle wrote:If anyone takes one shot eraser they deserve to be policy lynched.
I'm disloyal.
Someone gifts me loyal.
I can't target anyone. No more alignment checks from me.
I erase the loyal.

Tell me again that eraser is bad? I would have taken it without a second thought, as insurance against scum neutering my role.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7638 (isolation #132) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:58 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 7608, Jingle wrote:BEF's behavior today indicates he's looking for an easy lynch not a scum lynch.
+1 this describes BEF the entire game IMO.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7640 (isolation #133) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:02 pm

Post by davesaz »

Except you don't find out who you get the gift from.
If I get a modifier and +1 I'm keeping it. Gifting to anyone but a conftown is scummy as hell.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7644 (isolation #134) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:07 pm

Post by davesaz »

How does scum!Nev fight against an obvious scum lynch that hard though.
That's what I'm not sure about.

Pedit: did you out who you were giving it to?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7647 (isolation #135) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:09 pm

Post by davesaz »

Gifting is not correct if you're the guy who needs the shot. ;)
I'll accept gifts that don't make me vanilla. :D
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7664 (isolation #136) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:25 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 7656, Jingle wrote:I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics.

I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
I'm not going to get into a body part measuring contest, other than to say it's open to debate in another place and time.
Suffice it to say that a potential hard guilty trumps your POE any day.

As for being subpar at other things, I'm openly horrible at reading people by post nuances. :P
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7705 (isolation #137) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:27 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 7703, PenguinPower wrote:I'm willing to sort anyone there except Gamma and Nero atm.
What does it mean to be not willing to sort someone?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7707 (isolation #138) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:36 pm

Post by davesaz »

Gamma said he's checked out but have a look at these choice selections.
In post 7005, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 6971, Creature wrote:Hmm, didn't know I was a day rep
townclearing for Creature, or no?
In post 7016, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 7014, Jingle wrote:So... who all has/has used neighbor shots?

I know profii, but there are presumably four more out there.
Who cares and why?
In post 7236, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 6992, Jingle wrote:
@gamma
why don’t you want to cooperate with compiling boonus options?
I literally don't remember bro. Is that not clear? Ask Nero or profii.
No wonder I can't remember what he's been doing.
This also exposes a slight double standard on the part of some other slots, in how they judge activity.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7709 (isolation #139) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:39 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 7706, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 7705, davesaz wrote:
In post 7703, PenguinPower wrote:I'm willing to sort anyone there except Gamma and Nero atm.
What does it mean to be not willing to sort someone?
It was a direct response to his list...it means I town read them atm.
Yes, I know it's a response to the list.
So you town read them -- does that mean it's unimportant to you how others read them?

Pedit: true enough, there are multiple parts to my post.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7713 (isolation #140) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:50 pm

Post by davesaz »

If correct that's going to be one of the nuance things I don't get.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7738 (isolation #141) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:32 pm

Post by davesaz »

I don't claim to have two.
I'm saying that I would have taken the eraser so that if someone gives me a 2nd one that conflicts, I'd be able to remove it.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7739 (isolation #142) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:36 pm

Post by davesaz »

is refuting the concept that taking eraser is an automatic policy lynch. It's not, there are perfectly valid reasons to do it as town.
Not that I actually got it -- nobody won in our room last night.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7808 (isolation #143) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:01 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 7740, DrewVa wrote:oh okay

did you get a result last night then?

-d
Nothing to declare.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7813 (isolation #144) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:06 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 7805, Jingle wrote:Dunno what the fuck a stickygate is. Is this the thing about TLK getting lynched for sticky fruit or something? It's been referenced recently, but my full read is about halfway through D1.
Here's what I remember about it.
Profii claimed to have received a stickyfruit and passed it to someone he subsequently made loyal. It has since disappeared. I don't think he has said who it was given to, other than to say it wasn't TLK.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7817 (isolation #145) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:09 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 7804, Creature wrote:
In post 7800, DrewVa wrote:Yeah but you have a mechanical result, I can probably infer it from your list but can you just say it? There's really no reason to be so oblique at this point
It was thanos.
If this is a "no result" which clears Thanos (other than ascetic or roleblock shenanigans) then I agree that N&M are likely scum who didn't want to give either town in the room a +1.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7819 (isolation #146) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:10 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 7814, DrewVa wrote:
In post 7808, davesaz wrote:Nothing to declare.
I'm considering activating ourselves today just so we can send you a charge

I'd kinda rather that than having you in the boonus room and having to guess what you picked

-d
I kinda feel insulted by that. But it's a town thing to say.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7821 (isolation #147) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:12 am

Post by davesaz »

In either case the BOONus game has to also work out with the right winners.
I'll accept gifted charges that don't carry a useless / damaging modifier. :D
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7841 (isolation #148) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:31 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 7832, DrewVa wrote:What part of what I just said contradicts that

"no result" is not the same as an inno when we have commuters, jailkeepers, unaccounted for possible ascetic modifiers, and apparently? some sort of redirection ability? or something? (stickygate)

-d
This is also a town post.

Creature checking Thanos (more correctly claiming to have checked) is unlikely to be scum out of the blue. +townpoints on a slot I wasn't sure about.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7845 (isolation #149) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:39 am

Post by davesaz »

Actually I'm not sure about Creature's claim. It would be pretty easy to fake if he were scum.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7943 (isolation #150) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:56 pm

Post by davesaz »

I'll have you know that every single post I make is well thought out.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7987 (isolation #151) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:38 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 7983, DrewVa wrote:They were pushing N & M the hardest.
They being CD?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7988 (isolation #152) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:39 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 7984, profii wrote:My gut feeling so far is BEF is pushing a red herring in terms of the day rep business and I wanna vote there
Agree with this, have thought it all along.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7989 (isolation #153) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:39 am

Post by davesaz »

LIke, why wouldn't scum just not use the ability, and then push on day reps for mislynches?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8078 (isolation #154) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:57 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 3010, davesaz wrote:At bottom of 113.

First why all the speculation that winning BOONus rounds has anything to do with next day reps, and then furthermore why does the day rep who didn't win a BOONus round need to be the scum of the group if there is one?

If Ram is town, someone pushing Ram as the scum dayrep (if there is one) is trying to deflect suspicion from the actual scum among the dayreps, if any.
Example of questioning the dayrep thing.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8079 (isolation #155) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:00 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 4502, davesaz wrote:
In post 4493, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 4490, Nero Cain wrote:Aren't we not supposed to be outting winners though?
I think it's a good idea to know how the day reps are chosen.
I think it's a massive wifom and not worth any more posts.
Another example.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8088 (isolation #156) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:15 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 8087, RCEnigma wrote:Una not vanilla, cheeky not vanilla.

Thought cheeky was stickyfruit vendor after my check.
Have you said which nights?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8089 (isolation #157) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:21 pm

Post by davesaz »

@Jingle: I found it scummy, and still think it is. I didn't do a good job of saying so.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8091 (isolation #158) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:49 pm

Post by davesaz »

I found BEF's dayrep focus scummy.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8092 (isolation #159) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:50 pm

Post by davesaz »

More correctly, what I found scummy was focusing mostly/only on that.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8120 (isolation #160) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:48 pm

Post by davesaz »

Would scum jingle be able to take a lurkslot and turn it into a scum leading town? That would be my concern.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8125 (isolation #161) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:19 pm

Post by davesaz »

Does that suggest an answer to any outstanding questions?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8126 (isolation #162) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:21 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 8123, RCEnigma wrote:Una n2 and cheeky n3.
Pagetops when you don't want them. Does this suggest an answer to any outstanding questions?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8156 (isolation #163) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:31 am

Post by davesaz »

Disregard .

Bunyip is protective only to vanilla, right?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8171 (isolation #164) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:58 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 8112, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 8111, DrewVa wrote:Sorry I was playing some o/w

what's the q bae?

-d
You've said a few times now that we made an attempt to stall the lynch on SS. I wanted to know what you were basing that opinion off of. For us either way was a good lynch and I don't remember speaking against the SS lynch at all.
I have an opinion on this question but I'll hold off a bit.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8186 (isolation #165) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:08 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 8185, DrewVa wrote:jingle are you still voting penguin?

-d
Are you dodging N&M's question? Or overlooked it?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8433 (isolation #166) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:27 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 8399, BrightEyedFish wrote:I hinted/crumbed several times to profii when he SRd me and he never seemed to react to my posts.
Fact checked as true.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8451 (isolation #167) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:45 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 8437, Thanos wrote:
In post 8434, Nev and Max wrote:The 3rd could have voted themselves to ensure that town got the prizes...
I'm the third, and I would've if Dave had asserted it was important - I had you in my scumreads, and I'm not finding your explanation now redeeming.
Well, I did say we needed to get a move on and finish the BOONus game. But I agree I didn't do any table pounding about needing to win it. If one of you were scum I didn't want to draw a NK by being too eager. And I confirm we both listed N&M in our scumreads in the room, neither as very high scumreads IIRC but still not obvtown at that point.

I can also confirm that Max explicitly reported being sick and barely able to pay attention -- Nev didn't say anything that I remember but passing out (as reported) will kinda prevent that. And to be perfectly clear, I never approve shade directed at RL. I wouldn't lie about that and I wouldn't expect anyone else to, and jumping someone over it is crass. When I said I was pissed at daystart it has not yet been revealed that it was a medical thing.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8459 (isolation #168) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:51 pm

Post by davesaz »

My claim isn't technically specifying a role type, it's merely that the modifier makes it an invest.
I don't remember if Creature specified a role either.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8465 (isolation #169) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:56 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 8457, Thanos wrote:
In post 8451, davesaz wrote:And to be perfectly clear, I never approve shade directed at RL. I wouldn't lie about that and I wouldn't expect anyone else to, and jumping someone over it is crass.
I'm not shading them on RL stuff though. I'm trying to gauge the consistency of their play.
Comment wasn't necessarily about you. It's more a general comment. I remember doubt being cast by someone on falling asleep while waiting.

The other stuff about being unsure about whether to take the modifier is something I agree with, a doc should always at a minimum try to grab the +1 and deal with whichever modifier is least damaging. So the reason for waiting to vote is questionable as explained.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8472 (isolation #170) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:06 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 8461, Thanos wrote:I'd like to hear Dave's opinions on Profii/BEF and if we're lynching within those two today.
I'm concerned that something could be misleading us into a false dichotomy. Need to review when I'm better rested, it's midnight here. Also need Profii's info.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8678 (isolation #171) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:56 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 8512, DrewVa wrote:I still find it mindblowing that profii would try to generate a lynch on TLK by lying about who he gave fruit 0.o
Makes sense for scum to do that, especially with supersaint claim. Scum may have thought town would disbelieve the SS and absolve scummy people from hammering.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8679 (isolation #172) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:45 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 8652, DrewVa wrote:
In post 8649, Thanos wrote:So this makes BEF scum? Wait how exactly again?
It means the crossclaim is a croasclaim it doesnt say the answer

1: profii lied and only sent fruit to tlk
2: bef fruited profii; ss jailed profii and bef fruited tlk

I think?

-d
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8680 (isolation #173) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:46 am

Post by davesaz »

Hmm, don't know what key I pressed but it posted while I was trying to type. 1 implies PP scum as well?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8718 (isolation #174) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:53 am

Post by davesaz »

On mobile. Drewva your activate is day. What is your night ability?
Profii you have both inventor and neighborizer. Isn't that a joat? If not then how do you have two roles?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8909 (isolation #175) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:40 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 8905, DrewVa wrote:
In post 8904, Gamma Emerald wrote:is it possible to keep your +1 and gift your other winnings or vice versa?
it's not, we asked

-d
In post 8906, Jingle wrote:You can't. I asked N3 when I replaced in.
Confirm.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8912 (isolation #176) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:45 pm

Post by davesaz »

@Profii

I think I've seen claims of both inventor and neighborize actions from you. Does that mean you're a JOAT? If not how do you have two actions when normal roles are singletons?

I'm on BEF. I would like to get this answer from Profii before end of day, and I'd like town to pay attention to the question and answer too. If it has been answered and I missed it, kindly point the way. ;)
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8916 (isolation #177) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:28 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 8915, Nev and Max wrote: Why does profiis power correspond directly to the prizes of the boonus rounds?
[/quote]
On a game design level it's most likely to add WIFOM.
I believe I noted this near the beginning of D2.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8937 (isolation #178) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:59 am

Post by davesaz »

Joat would not be a variant if it were stated as joat and not inventor.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8957 (isolation #179) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:40 am

Post by davesaz »

Summarizing why not redirector: Redirector is a variant role (not listed in the rolebook).

Sticky Fruit Vendor, Inventor, Activator == all 3 boon bank / variant slots already used. If there is a redirector then one of the already claimed roles is lying, if all 3 are truthful then there can't be another variant.
This sets up the 1v1 because the claimed sticky fruit actions are impossible to reconcile with observed results.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9191 (isolation #180) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:27 am

Post by davesaz »

I received fruit. Ordinary fruit.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9222 (isolation #181) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:23 am

Post by davesaz »

In what world does town!Profii having 3 successful ability uses result in scum getting to vig someone?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9270 (isolation #182) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:51 pm

Post by davesaz »

Guess I should remember to vote.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9359 (isolation #183) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:18 pm

Post by davesaz »

I don't have info. Should be due for a boonus round appearance which might be helpful.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9477 (isolation #184) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:41 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 9471, UnaBombaH wrote:Also sorry for everyone that I almost completely missed my Boonus room last night.
I also have no idea how it ended, because I wasn't around when it was resolved.

Was there with Xtoxm, Thanos and Gamma.
This doesn't sound right.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9478 (isolation #185) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:43 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 9472, Xtoxm wrote:i got the fruit, yay
Unconfirmable, unless PP had some way of announcing target.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9479 (isolation #186) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:44 am

Post by davesaz »

Nev & Max, I don't remember if you have any modifiers?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9484 (isolation #187) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:23 am

Post by davesaz »

Can't remember if this has been asked...
@MOD: What is the lifetime of a sticky fruit? In the BEF flip it says they may pass it on "the following night" -- does the fruit expire or stay alive if not passed on?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9510 (isolation #188) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:50 am

Post by davesaz »

I remember xtoxm claiming to have received fruit, but don't remember seeing a claim of a targeting role.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9511 (isolation #189) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:51 am

Post by davesaz »

When N&M show up, need to hear about modifiers. Mainly just for completeness.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9518 (isolation #190) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:48 am

Post by davesaz »

So being blocked while attempting to give it "consumes a shot" and it basically disappears in that case?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9519 (isolation #191) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:48 am

Post by davesaz »

ugh, tag fail lol
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9526 (isolation #192) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:55 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 9524, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 9479, davesaz wrote:Nev & Max, I don't remember if you have any modifiers?
Ok.
That was a request to say what modifiers you have.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9527 (isolation #193) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:58 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 9523, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 9478, davesaz wrote:
In post 9472, Xtoxm wrote:i got the fruit, yay
Unconfirmable, unless PP had some way of announcing target.
He said it was between 3 people. We have spoken and didn't claim it. Xtom was one of the 3 people it could have gone to. Unless we get a counter claim on fruiting xtom should be clear.
Scum!xtoxm could claim the fruit even though it never came. Therefore not 100% clear. TBH I don't remember if the 3rd person has said they didn't, though 2 of the 3 could be scum, one says they didn't get it and the other says they did. Mechanical accuracy is important.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9537 (isolation #194) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:20 pm

Post by davesaz »

What's the scum motivation for doing that, in particular the first half?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9661 (isolation #195) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:17 am

Post by davesaz »

It's booneytoons, therefore it follows the booneytoons guidelines.
If it doesn't then it's bastard and we weren't informed.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9662 (isolation #196) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:21 am

Post by davesaz »

There's also the point that Profii's role supposedly enabled whatever happened to DrewVa, which leans pretty heavily in the direction of the role being scum whether it's variant or not.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9663 (isolation #197) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:23 am

Post by davesaz »

BTW just putting it out there that wearing my dayrep hat I'm on board with milking whatever information people want to milk but there is no need to drag it out once we have what we want.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9665 (isolation #198) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:25 am

Post by davesaz »

Give 3 gifts and something nice happens.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9666 (isolation #199) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:31 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 9260, profii wrote:When was that post from The Worst that turned up in the flip

Like I gave out 3 thingys so if that post was day 4 it tallies up I caused that ability to be present

The clue I got was, bearing in mind I can’t copy and paste... along the lines of:
you have an additional part to your role, once you have given out all your inventions a special boonus prize will be given to a contestant in the game

So no real clues but I think if that TW post was on day 4 we have an answer

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”