ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:57 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

Day 3 has begun!

rooroo has died during the night! She was a...

Spoiler:
Welcome, rooroo. You are a
Town Role Cop

Each night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will learn that player's role (but not their alignment).

You win when the Mafia have been removed and at least one Town-Aligned player is still alive.

The game thread is here. Please confirm by replying to this PM with your role name.

VOTE COUNT 3.0
Not Voting
(5): Eragon, CultOfAthena, kitcat, Slaxx, Invisibility

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Day 2 ends in
(expired on 2019-01-26 16:00:00)
Last edited by ChibiBear on Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boop.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:03 pm

Post by Eragon »

sorry i wasnt around that much last game day, im coming up on finals and had a few papers due.

I still have finals this coming week but will definitely try to put forth a lot more activity.

Obviously kitcat and slaxx are confirmed town, and although my brain knows invisi is in PoE, and shouldnt be ruled out i just like... cant see them being scum?

i havent neccesarily seen anything that couldnt be done by scum, but i just get like a good, natural, towny vibe from them.

ill do a little catchup rn
Show
"follow your heart but take your brain with you"
"Get away... from me...!"

Get to know a Dark Shadow!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78520
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:13 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 719, rooroo wrote:do you think you should be townread in general by your play this game? why or why not?
ill respond to this multiple ways.

first, ill give a direct response, and then ill give some explanation and show some games.

So, Do i feel like i should be townread? I feel that my play this game has been very towny, and outside my scum range. I have a good scumgame, but nothing like my towngame. TBQH my strength in FM is my ability to obv!town myself through my play. I have only ever been mislynched 4 times in 40+ games( one i hammered myself, one i was jesting and deserved, one was mechanically correct, and one was a stupid deathtunnel) and i do this as citizen and power roles alike. As mafia, i lack this ability to be so obvious town that i never get lynched. I've actually only had 2 mafia games where i havent been lynched. So, to answer the question. yes, i do feel like my play
should
be townread, but on the same note, I understand that no one is ever "confirmed town" until they are either confirmed PR, cop checked, or dead, so i don't expect or even
want
to be townread. I want you to make an informed decision based on my play this game on whether i am town or not. I don't feel like i deserve to tell you how to read me or to tell you that you cant read me as scum because i am town. I don't like falling into conf!bias and all that shit. So read me how you will.

now, for the games.

I havent had a scumgame in a really long time, so ill show you the most recent one.
And this is actually as a third party arsonist, so it is even easier/more natural for me to make reads and play closer to my town meta.
mafia would be even worse than this.

https://blankmediagames.com/phpbb/search ... Eragon1329

This is my ISO from the game on my homesite, let me know if it works.

and then for the town games.

Recently, on my homesite, these are 3 of my towngames

https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/s ... Eragon1329

https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/se ... Eragon1329

https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/s ... Eragon1329

and here on MS i have this towngame

viewtopic.php?p=10615858&user_select%5B%5D=31630#p10615858

(if it doesnt show up this is open 738: Purgatory, where i replaced in at a similar time to this game)
Show

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:16 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Kitcat we decide both lynches today while we have two clears to discuss them. Hopefully we only need one. I look forward to working with you.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:21 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I’ve actually decided based on associatives and the fact SA PR fished the plan was for him to get lynched today, and Inv did not Lee his vote on SA very long at all yesterday. Cult and Eragon have actually had more interactions with SA that make them less likely to be partners, particularly day 1, a more telling day, because town hadn’t tipped their hand fully on who was going to be lynched.

I also think I was probably kept alive based on my posts yesterday.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:22 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 737, kitcat wrote:Fuck, sorry, it's kinda my fault that you had to out

I believe this
Most of the posts that were weird were the ones around the pr claim and I did think 'what if he actually
is
a PR and had the awful bad luck of getting called out by that,' but I didn't think that was super likely + it explains why you were purposefully trying to play differently

VOTE: Sleepless Assassin
That's L-1
In post 737, kitcat wrote:Fuck, sorry, it's kinda my fault that you had to out

I believe this
Most of the posts that were weird were the ones around the pr claim and I did think 'what if he actually
is
a PR and had the awful bad luck of getting called out by that,' but I didn't think that was super likely + it explains why you were purposefully trying to play differently

VOTE: Sleepless Assassin
That's L-1
i felt the same way and I made some posts making light of it like "SAME!!!! with doctor emotes responding to slaxx" just to like draw attention away from the whole thing.

I was hoping eyes was incorrect and wouldn't near-throw the game like that, but apparantly he actually read something right(which happened to be a bad thing).
Show

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:23 pm

Post by Eragon »

umm whoops double quote
Show

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:25 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I’m sorry that was a terrible post.

Associatives make both Cult and Eragon unlikely... Cult actually maybe the least likely.

Inv didn’t push SA like I thought he did day 1 and his day 2 push is kinda meaningless given that it really felt like SA knew he was going down.

SA hardly ever mentioned Inv anywhere but actively pushed Athena pretty hard. I actually think if they were bussing there with a plan for SA to go down, she would have voted SA. Eragons waffling on SA yesterday doesn’t look great but I don’t think it’s scum. Once again, it really looks like SA was supposed to be lynched.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:28 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Makes extra sense given that there’s a roleblocker left.

I think that’s actually probably game, and why I was left alive.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:35 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Yeahhhhh more I read the thread more this makes sense. I’ll let KitKat get in here but I don’t think this is me being paranoid, I think this is the gamesolve. Cult probably shouldn’t have voted me instead of SA as town there but SA’s push on cult does not look like bussing. Associatives don’t bode great for Eragon but his reaction to the Eyes lynch and PR outting was pretty town.
kitcat
kitcat
Goon
kitcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:36 pm

Post by kitcat »

I thought rooroo was a vanilla cop and I didn't realize I was literally clear until after night started lol

Scum has an rb or a rolecop (I'd bet rb?)

Does anyone know if scum can nk and do a personal action on the same night? The role pms in the OP weren't clear

Once the goon flips the rolecop becomes a cop effectively, with a vanilla result being an inno, right?

I don't think it's CoA - she was SA's preferred lynch yesterday and it didn't feel like it was a partner-y push

I actually think it's Eragon, give me a couple of minutes to pull up the relevant posts to show why
kitcat
kitcat
Goon
kitcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:36 pm

Post by kitcat »

In post 785, kitcat wrote:Does anyone know if scum can nk and do a personal action on the same night? The role pms in the OP weren't clear
Oh they can apparently, Chibi just answered my PM
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:39 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 121, Slaxx wrote:
In post 109, Invisibility wrote:i guess i should share i think kitcat sounds the most genuine
i also kinda like slaxx for town BUT IM NOT TELLING YOU WHY so he cant conform his play <=== invisibility
using the real smrats
lol i meant to spell my name wrong but i spelled it right on accident lmaomaomaoamoamaoma

pedit
UNVOTE:
uh ok
Scum points to SA for just totally ignoring the same “tell” on the same page as this one. Looks like someone interpreting selectively to fit a narrative.
I swear to god if I called 5 pages in
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:40 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 784, Slaxx wrote:Yeahhhhh more I read the thread more this makes sense. I’ll let KitKat get in here but I don’t think this is me being paranoid, I think this is the gamesolve. Cult probably shouldn’t have voted me instead of SA as town there but SA’s push on cult does not look like bussing. Associatives don’t bode great for Eragon but his reaction to the Eyes lynch and PR outting was pretty town.
ngl if you read my mafia games i almost always bus my partners.

Even in 735 WW when one of our scum got lynched the first day i pretty much just hard-pushed my second buddy the second day, and got him lynched.

I do stuff like that alot, i had a 5 man mafia team on my homesite and our whole entire team was just a mess of bussing.
Show

kitcat
kitcat
Goon
kitcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:40 pm

Post by kitcat »

In post 785, kitcat wrote:I don't think it's CoA - she was SA's preferred lynch yesterday and it didn't feel like it was a partner-y push
This is because I'm not sure that scum wants to bus the pr partner in this setup, and if CoA is scum, she's the pr
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:41 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 785, kitcat wrote:I thought rooroo was a vanilla cop and I didn't realize I was literally clear until after night started lol

Scum has an rb or a rolecop (I'd bet rb?)

Does anyone know if scum can nk and do a personal action on the same night? The role pms in the OP weren't clear

Once the goon flips the rolecop becomes a cop effectively, with a vanilla result being an inno, right?

I don't think it's CoA - she was SA's preferred lynch yesterday and it didn't feel like it was a partner-y push

I actually think it's Eragon, give me a couple of minutes to pull up the relevant posts to show why
thing is, are you considering anti-spew?

to me, it was pretty apparant that SA was getting lynched yesterday or today if not yesterday, due to the fact he always had a formidable wagon and being pushed by basically everyone in the game.

so if he knew he was getting lynched, why wouldnt he push CoA to give her extra "towncred" when he flips
Show

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:43 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 475, Eragon wrote:its really late and im still doing homework, but ill try to post a little.

So, First off, what the fuck just happened with that flip and how is it humanely possible for that to happen.

Second off, either im majorly misjudging the absolute stupidty of some people, or im falling into the trap of WIFOM.

Why does SA make that nightkill?

first off, He would have known you(slaxx) were going to push him, as you said so.
He also knew, as he responded to the post that i made, about me firmly believing him and pinkball were TvS.
so, if he is scum and knows pinkball is town, why would he do something that makes me believe even more that he is scum?
that doesnt seem like a good play.

IMO more likely it was someone trying to get me to push SA, and draw my attention away. Im not going to bother diving into who this would be, because its dumb speculation that means nothing.

Im really conflicted now.

My heart is telling me to follow my gut and to keep firm on my reads, going after SA today

but my brain is screaming that scum wouldnt be stupid enough to confirm the other person in the "TvS pair" as town
This looks meh from Eragon

Idk. I think we just don’t lynch Cult and win, ironically.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:47 pm

Post by Eragon »

if you think im the best lynch for today, so be it.

I am confident enough in invisi being town that it doesnt matter to me which order you lynch in, as long as you lynch CoA next.
Show

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:47 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Actually yeah the start of day 2 looks a lot like trying to find a way out of Eragon and it’s odd how much Cult moves around in the reads below SA I think I’m fine with either.
kitcat
kitcat
Goon
kitcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:50 pm

Post by kitcat »

In post 188, Eragon wrote:didn;t change much but im more confident on both slaxx and pinkball, and I have slight town feels on assassin
Prior to this in the catchup, Eragon had SA as scum. I'm not going to go through his catchup posts again to find why the read switched but the point is here he's town
In post 188, Eragon wrote:148 uhh I don’t understand this post please explain. And this does feel like shade actually, like “interesting, I dont know how or why you see this and its weird and confusing” just doesn’t sit right. I don’t feel that assassin and pinkball are ever SvS though.
In post 188, Eragon wrote:Assasin dropped down to scum but im pretty sure assassin and pinkball are TvS so if one flips scum the other should be town. For now im leaning pinkball as scum and assassin as town though

He starts building a dichotomy where PB and SA are svt
In post 434, Eragon wrote:tommorow my goal is to sort Pinkball/assasin and figure out which one is teh real scumz and if eye flips town ill also have to sort slaxx/cult to figure out which one i think is more likely to be scum
It goes on for a while, and there's a bunch of posts during twilight about how they're svt

N1 Pink Ball dies and flipped town - here, I would expect Eragon to start pushing SA - he delineated a svt, the t flipped, so it would make sense for him to push the other person in this dichotomy he's created

Instead, we get:
In post 475, Eragon wrote:its really late and im still doing homework, but ill try to post a little.

So, First off, what the fuck just happened with that flip and how is it humanely possible for that to happen.

Second off, either im majorly misjudging the absolute stupidty of some people, or im falling into the trap of WIFOM.

Why does SA make that nightkill?

first off, He would have known you(slaxx) were going to push him, as you said so.
He also knew, as he responded to the post that i made, about me firmly believing him and pinkball were TvS.
so, if he is scum and knows pinkball is town, why would he do something that makes me believe even more that he is scum?
that doesnt seem like a good play.

IMO more likely it was someone trying to get me to push SA, and draw my attention away. Im not going to bother diving into who this would be, because its dumb speculation that means nothing.

Im really conflicted now.

My heart is telling me to follow my gut and to keep firm on my reads, going after SA today

but my brain is screaming that scum wouldnt be stupid enough to confirm the other person in the "TvS pair" as town
This post, where Eragon says that the nk was intended to frame SA and make him look suspicous to Eragon/Slaxx, and that scum wouldn't like purposefully shade themselves by killing the townie in the svt, drawing town's suspicion on the surviving member of the svt the next day

The only person pushing this svt narrative is Eragon, and once killing a townie in that paradigm, he uses the fact that scum would now expect him to push SA to drop the SA.

In the context of SA actually flipping scum, Eragon using this nk to
not
push SA day2 makes the nk (and the entire svt dichotomy in the first place) look like it's driving an agenda
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:54 pm

Post by Eragon »

reminder i wasnt firm on either option, i was spewing out thoughts for the reasons.

i still felt like following my gut and pushing SA, but then i felt logic reasoned that SA didnt make that kill.

i still feel it was a bad kill on the part of SA, but i dont see why me considering both options to continue my push from gut or to follow my logic is scum indicative

and my gut was right(which is gambler's fallacy for me i rarely trust my gut lol)
Show

kitcat
kitcat
Goon
kitcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:55 pm

Post by kitcat »

In post 790, Eragon wrote:so if he knew he was getting lynched, why wouldnt he push CoA to give her extra "towncred" when he flips
I don't know.
Their interactions don't feel partner-y from his end to me

On her end they do though
kitcat
kitcat
Goon
kitcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:00 pm

Post by kitcat »

In post 784, Slaxx wrote:Associatives don’t bode great for Eragon but his reaction to the Eyes lynch and PR outting was pretty town.
I agree with this actually.
His play is still pretty townie, but his assoaciatives are quite awful

I still think vizzy is fairly close to being out of his scumrange though
kitcat
kitcat
Goon
kitcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:04 pm

Post by kitcat »

In post 791, Slaxx wrote:Idk. I think we just don’t lynch Cult and win, ironically.
I know I just wrote an Eragon case but I actually feel worst about CoA
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:05 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Idk SA I don’t think ever mentions Vizzy and Vizzy hops off SA really quick day 1 then immediately parks a vote there day 2.

Return to “Completed Open Games”