DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4925 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:18 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4840, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 4834, mcqueen wrote:Can someone explain to me what the +1 that you get from winning a BOONus round does? I still don't understand. Does it give you an additional ability at Night? So, if you were a Cop in the main game and won a BOONus round, you'd get two inspections the following night?
Are you guys gonna keep scumreading McQueen after this post?
Yeah, I think this locks him in as town, since he hasn’t played in it yet, right?
Show
Hydra of DVa and Nancy Drew 39

HAPPY FESTIVUS
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4926 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:18 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 4919, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4831, mcqueen wrote:
In post 4827, Gamma Emerald wrote:Tbh Thanos seemed very desperate to win the round. Wonder why that was.
I toyed with the idea, and posted in our BOONus room, that anyone who lies in a BOONus round has some sort of agenda. This isn't
entirely
true, because if two people claim blue, and the other lies, well their reason for doing so is they just didn't want to lose, especially if one or both of the persons who claimed is a scumread of theirs.
Well of course they do, isn’t that the point of it?

*still confused*
Yeah but my thought process was if two mutually townread players were in the boonus rounds but had different colors there, they should still be honest and compromise (in reality, not in the round) to decide who gets it. Not to lie to each other
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4927 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:19 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 4925, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4834, mcqueen wrote:Can someone explain to me what the +1 that you get from winning a BOONus round does? I still don't understand. Does it give you an additional ability at Night? So, if you were a Cop in the main game and won a BOONus round, you'd get two inspections the following night?
Yeah, I think this locks him in as town, since he hasn’t played in it yet, right?
? You ask me that I was able to read your game, but I haven’t played in it yet ??

I was in room A last night lol
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4928 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:20 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 4901, Thanos wrote:
In post 4802, mcqueen wrote:Just read the BOONus Room C. I don't know what to think at the moment. Right now I'm leaning on TvTvT.

I didn't like Thanos' Night 1 in there, though. I'll re-read it once more, but for now VOTE: Thanos
Are you going to try to build a case on a boonus round game...
yes but i backed off u so
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4929 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:20 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4846, RCEnigma wrote:Man I really need to utilize my confessional, I had thoughts on Drewva in the boonus round that I've completely forgotten.
I hope you remember them.
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4930 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:23 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4854, mcqueen wrote:You keep stating how BOONus rounds have nothing to do with alignments in this thread, when that's absolutely not true. I agree it's hard to draw conclusions about main-game alignments from the rounds, but to say they have nothing to do with each other is just dense.

Again, there is no reason why you should be quick-voting in a 3 player game.
Your alignment in the BOONus round doesn’t correlate with your alignment in the game. That part is true. If it were, this game would be scumsided af. :lol:
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4931 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:24 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 4930, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4854, mcqueen wrote:You keep stating how BOONus rounds have nothing to do with alignments in this thread, when that's absolutely not true. I agree it's hard to draw conclusions about main-game alignments from the rounds, but to say they have nothing to do with each other is just dense.

Your alignment in the BOONus round doesn’t correlate with your alignment in the game. That part is true. If it were, this game would be scumsided af. :lol:
No but the interactions between people do have a slight correlation to their alignment in the main game
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4932 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:25 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4856, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 4843, DrewVa wrote:like if N&M is scum out of this this is like a crazy bit of theater

I think the room c round 2 peeps are all town

I'll talk with Nancy about the Thanos stuff when she gets on tomorrow hopefully -d
This is quite the flip on us from you. Are you saying that I dont have this type of play in my scum!game?
DVa and me aren’t exactly seeing eye to eye on your slot.
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4933 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:27 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4860, Nero Cain wrote:They asked Gamma to claim first. He didn't claim for hours so voted him. Why are you taking these mini-games so seriously?
Yeah, I think if this was in the main thread, that would make way more sense.
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4934 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:31 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4885, mcqueen wrote:
In post 4884, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4607, The Last Knight wrote:
In post 4504, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 4502, davesaz wrote:
In post 4493, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 4490, Nero Cain wrote:Aren't we not supposed to be outting winners though?
I think it's a good idea to know how the day reps are chosen.
I think it's a massive wifom and not worth any more posts.
It could block scum from using their nominations so I don't see a problem with it.

The most you gain from knowing the winners is the possible modifier they gain.
I think it would help to know BOONus round winners so we can at least attempt to figure out the day rep theory. We need a bigger sample size. I still haven't been involved in a BOONus round too, so it helps me know what's going on. But I won't press much if people don't feel like sharing.
I thought 3/4 day reps were BOONus winners?
1/3 are right now. Not sure if Nero won last night.
In post 4892, mcqueen wrote:
In post 4890, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4623, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 4616, PenguinPower wrote:Did you enjoy my gift?
In post 4624, PenguinPower wrote:*sigh*
TLK, DID YOU ENJOY PENGUIN’S GIFT?

YW. :)
What is the YW in reference to?
You’re Welcome
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4935 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:32 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 4934, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4885, mcqueen wrote:
In post 4884, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4607, The Last Knight wrote:
In post 4504, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 4502, davesaz wrote:
In post 4493, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 4490, Nero Cain wrote:Aren't we not supposed to be outting winners though?
I think it's a good idea to know how the day reps are chosen.
I think it's a massive wifom and not worth any more posts.
It could block scum from using their nominations so I don't see a problem with it.

The most you gain from knowing the winners is the possible modifier they gain.
I think it would help to know BOONus round winners so we can at least attempt to figure out the day rep theory. We need a bigger sample size. I still haven't been involved in a BOONus round too, so it helps me know what's going on. But I won't press much if people don't feel like sharing.
I thought 3/4 day reps were BOONus winners?
1/3 are right now. Not sure if Nero won last night.
In post 4892, mcqueen wrote:
In post 4890, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4623, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 4616, PenguinPower wrote:Did you enjoy my gift?
In post 4624, PenguinPower wrote:*sigh*
TLK, DID YOU ENJOY PENGUIN’S GIFT?

YW. :)
What is the YW in reference to?
You’re Welcome
Not what it means, what it’s in reference to. Are you crumbing?
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4936 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:34 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4905, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 4484, Xtoxm wrote:did someone let una win a prize
What on earth is this post supposed to be? :lol:
Anyone who ends up reading Boonus Room A at any future point should be able to clearly see that I had no selfish agenda last night. :]
Also wanna play ball with everyone here - apparently some think it's better to not out who won/didn't win, and why.
Why is that?
If Boonus Room B had scum winning the game, their team already knows they won, and WHAT they won.
So why not give the town the same information?
Gives the scum less room later...or am I missing something? :?

WHY ARE WE THEORIZING ABOUT WHY/WHO GET TO BE DAY-REPS?

Outside of the obvious "scum can choose one day-rep" there's no incentive to do that.
And after D2, I don't think it's worth it to guess how someone became a rep. or not.
It only meant something last gameday, because I'm still arguing that scum couldn't have known that their ability to choose one of themselves was going to be outed.
At least not as soon as it did get outed. :lol:

At least one scum in D2 day-reps. I'm not gonna change my view on that even if Ram flipped town.
In post 4548, Cheeky Dancer wrote:Also, I have some interesting news I feel like sharing, which could possibly help us. It's regarding the BOONus game.
I'm at this post for now.
Have to work a little, and will catch up tonight. :]
It’s voluntary though. You’re assuming scum used that ability D2, it’s not obligatory.
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4937 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:36 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4907, Thanos wrote:
Anyone who ends up reading Boonus Room A at any future point should be able to clearly see that I had no selfish agenda last night. :]
Also wanna play ball with everyone here - apparently some think it's better to not out who won/didn't win, and why.
Why is that?
If Boonus Room B had scum winning the game, their team already knows they won, and WHAT they won.

Outside of the obvious "scum can choose one day-rep" there's no incentive to do that.
And after D2, I don't think it's worth it to guess how someone became a rep. or not.
It only meant something last gameday, because I'm still arguing that scum couldn't have known that their ability to choose one of themselves was going to be outed.

At least one scum in D2 day-reps. I'm not gonna change my view on that even if Ram flipped town.
In post 4548, Cheeky Dancer wrote:Also, I have some interesting news I feel like sharing, which could possibly help us. It's regarding the BOONus game.
Yeah, this is why I informed town on day 2 of all the prizes which could really mess town's power roles up. But gamma was very against this preferring his privacy, think about that. Preferring no one to know you won when prizes like:

-immune to night actions
-immune to tracking
I can check his posts but I’m pretty sure, he was just opposed to outing the winners and what prizes they got?
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4938 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:38 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4911, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 4908, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4803, BrightEyedFish wrote:Yeah, I think TLK made up that whole fruit thing. Just like the SS thing.
I can see the SS but why would someone make up receiving sticky fruit? But something definitely weird is going on with that.
Maybe TLK got a little stressed out form the pressure from PP about receiving something last night and just went out on a limb to say he received fruit.
But it seems an odd thing to fakeclaim, especially when he couldn’t have guessed what Penguin would have given him.
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4939 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:40 am

Post by RCEnigma »

We aren't on the same page here. He's VT or very committed to hammering the bit home.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4940 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:41 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 4938, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4803, BrightEyedFish wrote:Yeah, I think TLK made up that whole fruit thing. Just like the SS thing.
I can see the SS but why would someone make up receiving sticky fruit? But something definitely weird is going on with that.
Maybe TLK got a little stressed out form the pressure from PP about receiving something last night and just went out on a limb to say he received fruit.
But it seems an odd thing to fakeclaim, especially when he couldn’t have guessed what Penguin would have given him.
Well, profii had the fruit and he said he didn't pass it along to TLK. So either there is some mechainc/role that is redirecting or TLK lied. I would ask profii to say who he intended to give the fruit to but that would out his loyal gift as well so we can forget that from now.

Is it possible for there to be 2 fruit vendors?
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4941 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:43 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4923, mcqueen wrote:
In post 4918, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4828, mcqueen wrote:
In post 4821, Nero Cain wrote:Firstly, the BOONus rounds have nothing to do with our alignments in the main game and secondly, shit was stalled for hours so I lol voted Gamma mostly b/c I didn't know what to do. Why would you think it was suspicious anyways?
Because you don't just lolvote in a 3 player game unless the deadline is very close.

Especially when Thanos asked Gamma to claim... it didn't strike you as weird for Thanos to do that?
Claim role or something else?

So Nero voted Gamma in the BOONus round?

*confused*
Go read it when you’re done. Nev and Max linked it in their ISO
Okay, thanks. I did click on that link but haven’t read it yet.
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4942 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:44 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 4937, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4907, Thanos wrote:
Why is that?

Yeah, this is why I informed town on day 2 of all the prizes which could really mess town's power roles up. But gamma was very against this preferring his privacy, think about that. Preferring no one to know you won when prizes like:

-immune to night actions
-immune to tracking
I can check his posts but I’m pretty sure, he was just opposed to outing the winners and what prizes they got?
Because outing winners could out prs. Talking about gifting could out roles as well or at least make PR hunting easier for scum. Tbh now that I've read room C, played in a boonus room game, and from claims etc. I can probably pin down PR/scum slots. Meaning they are either PR or scum as opposed to vanilla.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4943 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:46 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 4940, BrightEyedFish wrote:
Well, profii had the fruit and he said he didn't pass it along to TLK. So either there is some mechainc/role that is redirecting or TLK lied. I would ask profii to say who he intended to give the fruit to but that would out his loyal gift as well so we can forget that from now.

There can be 2 fruit vendors but only 1 sticky fruit vendor.

Also Profii shouldn't claim who he gave it to. The recipient should claim it.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4944 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:47 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4926, mcqueen wrote:
In post 4827, Gamma Emerald wrote:Tbh Thanos seemed very desperate to win the round. Wonder why that was.
I toyed with the idea, and posted in our BOONus room, that anyone who lies in a BOONus round has some sort of agenda. This isn't
entirely
true, because if two people claim blue, and the other lies, well their reason for doing so is they just didn't want to lose, especially if one or both of the persons who claimed is a scumread of theirs.

*still confused*
Yeah but my thought process was if two mutually townread players were in the boonus rounds but had different colors there, they should still be honest and compromise (in reality, not in the round) to decide who gets it. Not to lie to each other
Ah I get it now. :lol:

You really don’t understand how the BOONus round works at all. Two players who roll opposite alignments cannot compromise. Two players can only do that, if they both roll the SAME alignment. When you actually get to play, you’ll understand that.
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4945 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:47 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 4943, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 4940, BrightEyedFish wrote:

There can be 2 fruit vendors but only 1 sticky fruit vendor.

Also Profii shouldn't claim who he gave it to. The recipient should claim it.
I thought TLK already did
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4946 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:50 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4927, mcqueen wrote:
? You ask me that I was able to read your game, but I haven’t played in it yet ??

I was in room A last night lol
Oh so you did get to play then. I’m guessing RCE is then saying that you wouldn’t be asking these questions in the main thread if you were scum. Is that correct, @RCE?
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4947 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:52 am

Post by RCEnigma »

I'm mistaken actually, boon bank roles can be variants and in our large there can be 2 variants. Not sure what that means honestly, I don't have any context for what variants roles are.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4948 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:52 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4931, mcqueen wrote:
In post 4930, DrewVa wrote:

No but the interactions between people do have a slight correlation to their alignment in the main game
Yes, that makes sense.
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4949 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:53 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 4944, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4926, mcqueen wrote:
entirely

*still confused*
Ah I get it now. :lol:

You really don’t understand how the BOONus round works at all. Two players who roll opposite alignments cannot compromise. Two players can only do that, if they both roll the SAME alignment. When you actually get to play, you’ll understand that.
Nancyyyyy I’ve already playeddd. I mean they should make a compromise to tell the truth NOT the mechanic compromise. And decide from there who should win/lose the game to best benefit the town.

I know that’s not reality btw, but in a perfect world...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”