Micro 843 - Pop Goes the Nightkill (Game Over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:55 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

i mean maybe?? im notoriously bad about people getting into my blind spot so im always paranoid of that tbh
green shirt thursdays
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:18 pm

Post by mith »

From the Diary of Red N. Bacher

It's a funny story, how I got into the popcorn business. I was but a young lad of 37, looking to make my way in this cruel world. I had financial catastrophe after financial catastrophe... granted, I wasn't too bright back in those days, always falling for the latest miracle cure for what ails ya. Who doesn't get a bit excited by the prospects of a life free from disease? So there I was, dead broke and covered in horseradish, when it dawned on me.

What if popcorn was the panacea I had been searching my whole life for?

It wasn't, but it sure did taste good, and people like a thing that tastes good, especially when they can convince themselves it has benefits to their health.

Discussion 2 Deadline: (expired on 2019-01-24 16:00:00)
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:40 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Mod quote removed

Oof. Flu hitting you too? That sucks. I seem to have gotten off okay so far
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:35 pm

Post by TTTT »

In post 442, xRECKONERx wrote:i have no idea where tttt stands on anything
then we are in agreement
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:39 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I guess I should actually dk something eh?
In post 393, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 391, CheekyTeeky wrote:How does the Ali flip change your reads CoA?
Not entirely sure yet. The default response is to say "I'll have to re-evaluate", but I'm fairly confident in my most confident townreads, so it may be a simple matter of moving down the list on my scumreads.
Not fond of this answer. It was very throwaway and the selfawareness of that doesn't help it. What does the list look like now CoA?
In post 396, CheekyTeeky wrote:As I've said I scumread him because I've found him awkward in certain places and majiffy wasn't an option or I would've voted there. Why did you vote Ali?
:roll:
I'm known for being awkward. Is that really the best case you can come up with? Lol
In post 397, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 386, mith wrote:3 - Alisae (TTTT, PenguinPower, CultofAthena)
This entire wagon is lynchable rn tbh

The Maestro wagon was always sketch and then the Alisae wagon before she could even catch up was doubleplusbad

There's scum here for sure for sure
PP has a high town EV tbh. The other two maybe though. I'm not sold on CoA town like PP is and I don't even think TTTT is playing...
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:55 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 401, xRECKONERx wrote:I mean it could be possible the scum in you three is buddied with Ari, sure.

Ari's push for me has always been "this literally has to die before LyLo and if he's town scum will never kill him" and I still hold that to be true.
I can't blame you for wanting me gone before lylo as that's always better for town XD
But ya I think you're missing that I get NK'd when I obvtown, which I think you'll see as I actually participate more!
In post 409, TTTT wrote:
In post 398, xRECKONERx wrote:I think PP is actually pinging my tinglies the most right now but CoA's hammer was uhhhhhh superbad
why was CoA's hammer so bad?
This is actually a good question. She had to hammer someone so why was it bad that she did?
In post 413, PenguinPower wrote:Like, fmpov, you started a wagon you knew wouldn't get pushed through so that you can act all high and mighty and call out those who were on the mislynch.
In post 414, xRECKONERx wrote:Wrong??? I was pushing for Ari nonstop?? And it ended up tied for second for votes at the end of the day?
Masterful deflection of your own bullshit tho for real A+++ puppetmastering
I mean PP has a point, the wagon was extremely unlikely. That's why I asked for your alternate vote option. I guess a mostly null read as the other option does make it tempting to vote someone you want dead. Your pushes on me seem all over the place in severity tho.
Did you want to strongarm a lynch or did you not are as long as I'm gone before lylo?
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:10 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 429, Majiffy wrote:
In post 420, xRECKONERx wrote:like how is that not believable for you
It's believable just dumb
In post 425, xRECKONERx wrote:i had no idea COA would badhammer
Let me just stop you right there

CoA is scum, dude
What makes you so certain here?
In post 430, Majiffy wrote:
In post 428, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 425, xRECKONERx wrote:@Ari: I cannot see how in any way, shape, or form your question matters
You don't get why asking where your vote would have been matters? Lol
Yeah I'm with Ari here, it's a relevant question

But PP and COA are scum so let's not quabble too hard
<3
But same question. While I see where you would get associatives I don't think scum interact like this. CoA is likely scum but PP is super not playing a scumgame.
In post 443, CheekyTeeky wrote:I know she's not enjoying the game. Could see a TTTT/PP team if PP flipped red.
TTTT scum maybe.
I'm beginning to think TTTT/CoA but I haven't looked at associations yet. Thoughts on that?
In post 448, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 446, xRECKONERx wrote:what happened to you thinking im scum
Still think you're scummy. Not sure why you think me being willing to vote Ari changes that.

There's obviously no support for your lynch today, and Ari isn't really doing anything so...

I mean, if you want my lynch order it would be Majiffy>you>TTTT>Ari>Cheeky>CoA.
I was busy :P
TTTT>CoA>Cheeky>Jiffy>Reck>PP imo
- Jingle
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:39 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

thinking on it, i actually could be very convinced of jiffyscum here
green shirt thursdays
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

What gives you a Jiffy scumread, Reck?
- Jingle
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:56 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

If anyone was surprised that I voted Alisae, they weren't paying attention.

Cheeky, do you really think Penguin could be scum here? He's my top townread.

I don't feel like Majiffy scum makes that Chickadee kill, which puts me right back at voting Reck. If I'm wrong there then I start to seriously reconsider.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:58 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

I mean, as much as I would like to lynch Majiffy because his top scumreads are myself and my top townread, I don't think it'd be a good idea.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:08 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I frel like Jiffy would bw potentially worried about Chick reading hkm correctly. But why do you think the kill is unlikely to be his?
- Jingle
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:10 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Chickadee already read him as town. In a game like this it seems like having votes on your side is of pretty high importance—moreso than normal, perhaps.

Granted, I may be overestimating the amount of influence that any one scum member has on the kill, or I may simply be thinking about the kill entirely differently than scum did. Either way, he wouldn't be my top vote.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:47 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 459, CultOfAthena wrote:Cheeky, do you really think Penguin could be scum here? He's my top townread.
I think Ive said his level of activity already bothered me D1, he said he was hyped so I let that slide. Then he votes for Ali who he's quite familiar with and jumps on Me and Reck for voting one of our scumreads.

Penguin knows I read him mostly on his unprompted activity levels - I've seen scum penguin once, this isn't anything like it. I'm worried but not voting him before Majiffy/Ari/TTTT
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:56 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Well, your Ari vote came kind of out of nowhere for me, as well. I didn't really expect it. I feel like perhaps you didn't make it clear enough that you had that kind of scumread there.

Could you elaborate exactly on why you scumread him so much D1? What do you think of his posting today?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:18 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I PoE'd down to maestro/Ari/majiffy. Ali repped in gave a decent attempt at reads so I voted the only person I was interested in voting. I don't get how that's not clear from my play yesterday.

I'm still voting majiffy if I go early.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:25 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Actually Reck was in there too but I like where he voted and feel like I'd vote PP before Reck now. Like I don't think scum just creates a while new wagon to draw attention to themself when there's 3 other wagons already there.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:07 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 465, CheekyTeeky wrote:I PoE'd down to maestro/Ari/majiffy. Ali repped in gave a decent attempt at reads so I voted the only person I was interested in voting. I don't get how that's not clear from my play yesterday.

I'm still voting majiffy if I go early.
"A decent attempt at reads" seems like a pretty low bar, honestly. Why did you townread Alisae's posting? Was it really just the attempt at reads?
In post 466, CheekyTeeky wrote:Actually Reck was in there too but I like where he voted and feel like I'd vote PP before Reck now. Like I don't think scum just creates a while new wagon to draw attention to themself when there's 3 other wagons already there.
I'm not really sure I like this logic for townclearing someone.

Is it really "drawing attention to yourself" to create a wagon like that? If anything, to me it shows a relative lack of concern with which of the three wagons actually goes through. With his vote on Ari there, he was handing you free reign to ensure that any of the three already existing wagons would for sure go through. Anyone who was even reading the thread should've known that I was always voting Alisae there, so if he didn't want that to happen, I feel like he should've done something except start a vanity wagon there.

If anything, it indicates to me that if either Reck or you are scum, all three of those major wagons were on town. Granted, we already know Alisae was town and I already strongly townread PP, but still.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:55 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 467, CultOfAthena wrote:"A decent attempt at reads" seems like a pretty low bar, honestly. Why did you townread Alisae's posting? Was it really just the attempt at reads?
Out of the shitty low content yesterday yeah that bar was high enough to let her cruise into another day. You were obviously conf biased so I don't think your vote was scummy. PP should have known better.
In post 467, CultOfAthena wrote:With his vote on Ari there, he was handing you free reign to ensure that any of the three already existing wagons would for sure go through. Anyone who was even reading the thread should've known that I was always voting Alisae there, so if he didn't want that to happen, I feel like he should've done something except start a vanity wagon there.
I don't get what you're saying about making sure the wagons go through?

How could we predict you would be chosen last or that Ali was even town? I'm confused :/
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:12 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I feel like a mountain is being made out of a molehill just because of our placement in the order and us voting our scumread but I don't know what that means yet. As scum why wouldn't Reck or I jump on the other 3 "town" wagons? Why would scum!reck vote an "unlikely" wagon in exchange for being able to determine who stays?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:28 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 468, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 467, CultOfAthena wrote:"A decent attempt at reads" seems like a pretty low bar, honestly. Why did you townread Alisae's posting? Was it really just the attempt at reads?
Out of the shitty low content yesterday yeah that bar was high enough to let her cruise into another day. You were obviously conf biased so I don't think your vote was scummy. PP should have known better.
Should have known better than what? Like, you say that within the context of low content yesterday that Alisae was towny, but I just don't think that's reasonable. If you're saying that Alisae's attempt at reads was enough to warrant a townread then your standards for a townread are so low as to the point of absurdity.

I mean, really. Actually go reread Alisae's ISO. I'm not trying to denigrate the effort there, but it's ridiculous to me to say that "What Alisae did was enough that you really shouldn't have voted there", and I'd like it if you could be more specific in what exactly you found towny there.
In post 467, CultOfAthena wrote:With his vote on Ari there, he was handing you free reign to ensure that any of the three already existing wagons would for sure go through. Anyone who was even reading the thread should've known that I was always voting Alisae there, so if he didn't want that to happen, I feel like he should've done something except start a vanity wagon there.
I don't get what you're saying about making sure the wagons go through?

How could we predict you would be chosen last or that Ali was even town? I'm confused :/
There were three 2-vote wagons at the time when Reck was chosen. When he chose to be the first vote on Ari and hand the vote to you, at that point you could have ensured that any of the three 2-vote wagons would have gone through for sure. Say you voted TTTT. Even if I voted Alisae, both TTTT and Alisae would be at 3 votes, and given that TTTT got to 3 votes first, he would have been lynched.

Nothing I'm saying is based around anyone "predicting" that I would be chosen last. I'm talking about
in the moment
that Reck voted.

I also don't think I said anything about you or Reck "predicting" that Alisae would be town – I am speaking within the context of Reck's existing reads. That is, if Reck did not want Alisae lynched, he had an opportunity to try to go for an alternative which he did not take—as, again, anyone paying attention at all should have known that I was going to vote Alisae there.

In post 469, CheekyTeeky wrote:I feel like a mountain is being made out of a molehill just because of our placement in the order and us voting our scumread but I don't know what that means yet. As scum why wouldn't Reck or I jump on the other 3 "town" wagons? Why would scum!reck vote an "unlikely" wagon in exchange for being able to determine who stays?
My comment was that, if either of the two of you were scum, it would not matter to you which of the three 2-vote wagons went through. That would both explain starting a wagon that was basically never going to go through, as well as point to all three of the 2-vote wagons being on town. After all, if we assume Reck or you were scum and one of your scumbuddies was being lynched, both of you could have taken action to try to avoid such happening. Vice versa applies to if any of the 2-vote wagons flip scum, I would imagine.

Of course, that ignores the possibility that, even with a partner being wagoned, one/both of you knew that I would always hammer Alisae there and thus didn't feel the need to take action yourself. But, I consider that pretty unlikely.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:29 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 464, CultOfAthena wrote:Could you elaborate exactly on why you scumread him so much D1? What do you think of his posting today?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:57 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Omg I feel like a broken record. I wanted Majiffy - noone voted Majiffy I then voted Ari. Ari pinged me as awkward D1, his posting is better today hence I want Majiffy.
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:53 pm

Post by TTTT »

so I kinda wanna replace out and let someone else do my slot justice
I can't get into this game
I think replacing-out because you don't like the game is kinda douchey to the other players
and Mrs. TTTT didn't raise no douche-boy
so if anybody thinks this is cheap just say so in your next post and I'll stay
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:39 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Nah if you need to replace out go for it. I've stayed in games I've disliked and it sucks man! I appreciate you being willing to stay <3
- Jingle

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”