The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9252 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:25 pm

Post by Oso »

Got Minecraft just a couple of days ago as an early Christmas present. Room on the Mafiascum server for another player?
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9258 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:21 pm

Post by Oso »

In post 9254, Maestro wrote:

You'll have to be whitelisted by the Goomba or Maruchan first, though.
And the dynmap link in Post 0 is wrong, UA just hasn't updated it yet - NBD though.

Does this happen with me PMing them here at mafiascum with my username (It is OsoHP by the way, my Minecraft profile) or is a request sent when I try and use the server?
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9260 (isolation #2) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:41 pm

Post by Oso »

Works for me. I'll keep an eye on the thread and maybe one will post that I'm approved....I'll try the server now and again as well.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12566 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Post by Oso »

Second that. Currently the sun is moving west to east.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13572 (isolation #4) » Sun May 26, 2013 5:26 am

Post by Oso »

Since I basically use Mobs for XP and resources, and not for any sort of fun usually. As long as it is above peaceful I'm good.

I'll officially put my vote one easy though. From reading some the comments, I'll throw in with them. Easy gets Mobs and drops so yeah, I'll go with that as that is all I'm concerned with as far as mobs go.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13577 (isolation #5) » Sun May 26, 2013 6:10 am

Post by Oso »

EBWOP

Just saw Klaz's post about changing the nether Pumping Distance. I have no problem with that. 3K did seem kind of excessive for the Nether. It ain't exactly the easiest place to get around in.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13969 (isolation #6) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:33 am

Post by Oso »

MiniMap Change: No Objections at all. Just so long as we have a MiniMap, I'm good.

Creeper Change: Yes. At least if you get surprised by a Creeper while building, you just have to put it back together, you don't have to go looking for replacements for any blocks that may have been destroyed. It is not really nerfing the Creeper even, a herd of Creepers can still set you back tremendously on building things.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13990 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:15 am

Post by Oso »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p5022996

I withdraw my Yes vote on the Creeper Mod. I was under the impression this was just for Creepers only. Not a game wide changing of all asplosions.

UNVOTE:

VOTE:NO to Creeper modification
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14012 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:58 am

Post by Oso »

I have no problem, personally, with the Admin team asking for input. But like anything else, things can be overtalked and somethings really don't need to be discussed.

Not that I want to add to their paperwork burden, but if they would like to use informational posts, something like:

Creeper Mod: Looked into, discussed, rejected.

It does satisfy both criteria. They have informed the player base with some of the particulars without going into exhaustive detail and it does show the players that something new was discussed. That puts the onus on the players to research the mod, decide if they personally like it and then see if they can make a case to bring here as to why it should be included in the future.

Obviously, this wouldn't preclude the players from bringing their own Mod ideas forward nor would it keep the Admin team from bringing things here that they feel really do need some community discussion.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14029 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:13 am

Post by Oso »

Obviously, some things won't get brought to the community right off. WorldGen stuff I am guessing. Thanks to folks like me, Rob and Rhinox, a large number of the chunks near (and not so near) spawn have been genned already.

I'm guessing that anything that add WorldGen (or even RetroGen, a whole bunch of new items, ect, ect) would have to be exhaustively tested on an existing copy of the world as it stands at the time the mod is suggested. If it can't be done without breaking the world, it won't really matter that 100% of the player's want it. That is the main reason I haven't put up a hue and cry and to see if IC2 couldn't be included in the future. Too much work most likely and too likely to irreparably break the world.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14035 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:25 am

Post by Oso »

Well, I don't know all the reasons, but as much as I liked (and still do) IC2, even I agree that UU Matter and the Mass Fabricator really had no business being in Minecraft to begin with. The Minium Stone is bad enough except that you really don't get something for nothing there like you basically do with the Mass fabricator. Just get things to basically 'change form' as it were.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14061 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:52 am

Post by Oso »

Informational note:

I found a Pumping Station in the Overworld at X:-1792/Y:117/Z:1056. The Energy Tesseract was set to Frequency 1(Oil Pump).

I have not dismantled it but it has been here for at least 2 weeks, that is when I first noticed it, and the well is dry (it was a HUGE Oil Vault by the way when I looked, lots of oil came out of it). The Equipment is an Energy Tess, Pump, an Ender Tank set Black/Black/Black plus the Energy Conduits and waterproof pipes to run the thing.

I did take down the chunk loader though, trying to find if I could get the owner's name and it fell quite a ways and I couldn't find it to recover it, so who ever this rig belongs to, I owe you a chunk loader.

Only reason I mention this is that it looks like it might be abandoned by a player who no longer plays or the player who does own it has forgotten exactly where it was. It is located in some Red Hills right next to an NPC Village. Anyhow, get a hold of me in game or respond to this post if it is yours and I'll replace your chunk loader.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14177 (isolation #12) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:58 am

Post by Oso »

In post 14174, Klazam wrote:basically- do we want to keep adding mods and risk borking stuff, or do we stick to what we have now?
Next 6 months or so, say first of the year, unless there is something amazing that comes out or some of the Mods folks have been waiting to update (Xycraft comes to mind but that is just an example), I vote we stick with what we have. Personally, I can spend the next couple of months, at least, learning the Mods I have no experience with.

But yeah:

Vote: Stick with what we have and table this discussion until after Christmas, unless something comes up that would need to be discussed.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14227 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:05 am

Post by Oso »

In post 14225, fuzzybutternut wrote:Oso had this in the last server.
Not I. I had a pretty big auto-harvest farm, but I didn't do anything with villagers. Maybe Klaz?
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14332 (isolation #14) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:33 am

Post by Oso »

Ok, I got myself updated to 1.1.1. I do however have a couple of files on my desktop that weren't there before:

jacob-1.17-M2-x86.dll
---
jacob-1.17-M2-x64.dll

Anyone have a clue as to what those might be?

Also, I have a config folder on my desktop now that has this:

denoflionsx (folder)
-->denLibCore (folder)
----->updater (.cfg file)

None of that were there when I downloaded the new 1.1.1 mod pack but were there after I did.

As near as I can tell. the jacob files are needed by Java? Should they go into the Java folder?
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14378 (isolation #15) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:40 am

Post by Oso »

Rhinox, I know it seems to be the default, or at least one of the earlier power methods, on our server but Lava->Magmatic Engines setups seem to be the least onerous to get started.

Granted, to get access to large amounts of lava, a trip to the Nether is needed and you will occasionally have to go there and move your pump. However, the resource requirements per engine aren't that great. The only specialty resource you will really need for mags are Ferrous Metal and yes, it does require a deep mine to get a substantial amount of it. BUT 1 Ferrous Ingot converts to 3 Invar Ingots (once the Iron is added) so you don't need a huge amount of the stuff. A single Magmatic engine need 11 Invar Ingots to make which works out to 3 and 2/3rds (I know, you can't get a fractional Ingot) Ferrous Ingots per Engine or if you want to keep the numbers even, 3 Magmatic Engines can be made with 11 Ferrous Ingots to start.

Magmatic Engines don't explode they just stop working if they overheat and even that can be prevented by making sure they are only hooked into machines and such using Redstone Energy Conduits. Unless there is something in the updates that have changed it, it seems that the Conduits will absorb just enough energy, even if there is no power draw off the conduit, to keep the Mag from overheating.

At 4 MJ/t, to get the 100 MJ/t you threw out from above, that is 25 engines (it will actually take a bit more when you count energy loss but that is a different discussion) and since you don't (can't really) add cooling to the things, those engines can be set up in a space smaller than you might you might think.

But yeah, it is not maintenance free. I'd call it low maintenance and dead easy to set up on an auto on/off system since you only have the lava fuel pipes to deal with rather than <whatever> fuel pipes and cooling pipes you have the potential to have with other types of engines.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14594 (isolation #16) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:29 am

Post by Oso »

In post 14593, dappyscroo wrote:However, it might just be worth ignoring what I have to say. I'm unlikely to want to carry on after yet another (IMHO unnecessary) server reset, particularly since there seems to be little in the way of interest in a modded server any more -- I've been playing almost every day recently, and am almost always the only person on there. I may as well be playing SSP.
Eh, you are right in a way. I haven't been on myself right now because of the reset. Long term projects (bees mainly) that have no chance to come to fruition before the reset happens.

Most folks will be back playing after the reset, I'm thinking.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14607 (isolation #17) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:08 am

Post by Oso »

In post 14600, Klazam wrote:I'd love Natura, with the nether override disabled.
That means Natura would WorldGen in the Overworld and not the Nether?

B:"Override Nether"=false?

I could live with that personally. I like Natura but to be quite honest, I have found nothing in the Nether (other than heat sand maybe. I was planning on seeding a ring of it around my base in SSP to see if I could get the mobs to hop around taking damage) to be even the least bit useful to me.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14620 (isolation #18) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:27 pm

Post by Oso »

In post 14615, Maestro wrote:Maestro's Post
Just a few on that. Yes, I have some Cloud Storage (MS SkyDrive) that I am happy to use the public section to include the ModPack Download and Yes, I am also happy to help anyone set up a MultiMC Instance for that pack (sorry, that is the only Launcher I am comfortable with so if you use Magic Launcher or something else, you are on your own.

Latest version, I think, of MultiMC for Windows/MacOS/Linux

As to the pack, I mentioned I had a pack I was using personally for a Single Player Survival instance on my own computer and Maestro asked if he could see the Mod list.

One thing I do have to say about it is that this pack was never meant to be balanced or have a broad appeal. That was why originally I included IC2, without GregTech and with Compact Solars installed (There is a problem with Compact Solars that hasn't been solved yet. Or if it has, I am not aware of it) so that power would be plentiful and maintenance free once the panels were built and the infrastructure was put in place. I didn't want to have to worry one bit about power other than to make sure I had plenty. I made it to do one thing really and do it well, I hope. And that was to support Forestry's Bees, Trees and Binnie's add-ons to them. The rest of the stuff is in there to make that easier plus some things to do (Atum, Twilight Forest) when I got bored with bees plus some mods that added some building options (Immbi's Microblocks and Natura, with it only WorldGenning in the Overworld. Natura did make the Nether look pretty amazing, but ultimately it made the place too busy and made finding the things you wanted to in the Nether a whole lot more difficult in my opinion.)

Not to say there isn't other things the pack can do, other that Natura being OW gen only, not a single mod has been nerfed or modified other than what everyone is used to (Flat bedrock rather than Vanilla Bedrock). I am even setting Persistent Lava back to True before I zip up the pack to give to Maestro.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14654 (isolation #19) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:32 am

Post by Oso »

In post 14652, Rhinox wrote:
In post 14651, Tierce wrote:KMP has Forestry, Rhinox. :shifty:
I know... but no modded server has every lasted nearly long enough to do anything I've wanted to do. I don't enjoy playing minecraft on a 1mo reset timer.
Given that KMP is Klaz's private server, I'm guessing it will last a bit longer, reset-wise, than most. I've seen the mod list and they all look to be tested, stable mods for the most part. It is likely to be as persistent a world as is possible with modded Minecraft
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14810 (isolation #20) » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:52 pm

Post by Oso »

In post 14805, Maruchan wrote:GOD DAMN IT FUCKING 1.6 IS MAKING MODDING SO COMPLICATED GRRRRRRRRR
This. Forge borks the sounds and if I try to install a mod directly into the minecraft.jar, it doesn't work. Seems the launcher will re-download the *.jar and overwrite what I just added.

EDIT: AT least in Windows, from what I've been able to find out on the web, Linux and Mac don't seem to have the Forge sound problem for some reason.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14812 (isolation #21) » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:32 pm

Post by Oso »

Thanks Bulba.

The Forge Install requires you make a copy. It didn't connect that to modify the *.jar, I might also need to do that.

That link was helpful.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14814 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:20 am

Post by Oso »

Sure, I don't know when I could help with it but yeah, go right ahead :D
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15139 (isolation #23) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:30 am

Post by Oso »

Izak, as far as I know, all mods are enabled.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15203 (isolation #24) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:35 am

Post by Oso »

I might, as this post is about Nether Pathways.

I am considering hooking my Portal up to Spawn's Portal and Clamville's portal with protected pathways, similar, but better, to what I did in MafiaCraft. Anyone who would like to be included with this, give the OW or Nether Coords of your portals and I'll happily connect them into they system as well. I'm guessing that I'll use Clamville as the hub rather than Spawn, but both will be included.

If I find your wither while I'm surveying Izak, I'll take a swing at killing it.

Edit; PM me your coords here, post or tell me in IRC if you want to be included.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15206 (isolation #25) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:59 am

Post by Oso »

In post 15199, izakthegoomba wrote:So I miiiiiight have just massively screwed up my wither containment device and let it loose in an area with a bunch of valuables, including all of my spawners...

fuck.
9:00 am PDT - September 20, 2013...rogue Wither was spotted. But officer was ill-equipped to handle the creature.

9:45 am PDT - September 20, 2013...above officer had re-armed himself and was in a running battle with some Ghasts when the alleged Wither showed up. No attempt was made to peacefully apprehend either the Ghasts or the Wither and all felons died at the scene.

The ALCU is lodging a formal protest because the officer did not even try to apprehend them peacefully. When asked, the ranking authority stated, and I quote, "Peacefully? The were 2 Ghasts and a friggin' Wither...."

No word yet on when, or if, any charges will be filed against the person who took responsibility for letting the Wither loose in the first place.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15237 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:07 pm

Post by Oso »

I agree completely with Rhinox.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15941 (isolation #27) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:47 pm

Post by Oso »

Edit; No need to spoil..seems I derped and DLed the wrong version so no pics are needed.

Ignore this post, it was made in error
Last edited by Oso on Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15974 (isolation #28) » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:31 am

Post by Oso »

To Blake, since I can't for the life of me remember your Mafiascum user name, I just crashed the server about 20 minutes ago. This is the PM I sent to ETL describing what was going on:

Spoiler: PM to ETL
FTB Server

Sent: 27 Dec 2013 - 3:18 pm
To: EspeciallyTheLies
I think I may have just crashed the FTB Server. It happen right at 2:10 pm (PST).

What I was doing: I had inadvertently popped some Leadstone Energy Conduits with the Force Wrench. When I noticed this, I was re-placing them and going to pop them with the Cresent Hammer so that they would stack (They weren't stacking in my inventory) the crash happened as I re-placed the 2nd of 3 conduits.

As far as I know, there were no other players on at the time, and that activity was the only thing I had going. No furnaces, no ovens, no machines running at all.

Apologies,
Oso
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15976 (isolation #29) » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:57 pm

Post by Oso »

I think it very well might need to be MCEdited. I managed to get back on and get the coords for the 2 conduits that were placed but then crashed. Rob tried to close as well and now I think he is also stuck in or near that chunk as well.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16353 (isolation #30) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:12 am

Post by Oso »

Wither anyone?

Question has two parts. 1) I have a Wither Skellie spawner (anyone is welcome to use it. I also have an Enderman spawner, also public but I do have to change them out as I have only one room built for them), AND 2) I have skulls to make 2 Withers and I know Dav has said he has enough for at least 1....when we gonna kill this thing? I've been land bound too long :P
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16369 (isolation #31) » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:18 am

Post by Oso »

In post 16354, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Yes oso! I'M IN. What's a good time for everyone? I can make a myst age for it.
Well, all that needs to be done is pick a time then. I'm good to go from now until whenever. If anyone is short weapons and/or armor, I have resources, good resources even, coming out my ears (I think we all do) and I'll gladly use what XP I have to help enchant other folks weapons or armor.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16380 (isolation #32) » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:53 pm

Post by Oso »

New base, under construction

Finished (mostly)

Close up of one side
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16430 (isolation #33) » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:03 am

Post by Oso »

I'll be back on modded this weekend. Combination of real life and being cheesed off over losing a princess that took about 4 hours work to get the traits into it I wanted.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16439 (isolation #34) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:23 am

Post by Oso »

I've been doing a lot of Single Player, pure Survival on one world and Creative on another. Mainly, messing with Mekanism to see what it could do. Thought I'd share some of the things I have observed about it. Some of the information is stuff that I have observed, that I found on the web and confirmed it through observation in-game or other information is strictly from the web that I haven't been able to confirm yet because I haven't built the required machines or because I haven't figured out a way to test it yet.

This is done With Mekanism v6.x instead of v5.x (the server has v5.x) simply because v6.x has a bunch of neat new stuff :) and it has improved the GUIs throughout the whole mod. It is now possible to see power generation AND machine power use directly in the GUI. Unless there has been a fundamental change in the mod though, all the stuff I put here should apply to the server version of Mekanism (v5.x) as I don't plan on putting anything in this post specific to v6.x unless we actually upgrade the server to that version.

I'll spoiler this as I plan to add to the post (if folks find it helpful) as I learn more about it.

Please note
:
Because of the confusion caused by MJ (Minecraft Joules - Buildcraft power) and MJ (Mekanism Joules and 1 Million Joules - Mekanism power), I'll leave BC power at MJ and if I have to refer to Mekanism Joules I'll use MekJ or MegaMekJ.

Spoiler: Conversion Ratios
-
MJ (Minecraft Joule - Buildcraft):
1 MekJ = 0.04 MJ. Meaning it takes 25 MekJ to equal 1 MJ.
-
EU (Energy Unit - IC2/GregTech):
1 MekJ = 0.1 EU. Meaning it takes 10 MekJ to equal 1 EU.
-
RF (Redstone Flux - Thermal Expansion):
1 MekJ = 0.4 RF. Meaning it takes 2.5 MekJ to equal 1 RF.

These values, I got straight off the web and have not confirmed yet through observation...they sound about right though. At least the scaling factor between MJ and RF is right :D

To give some examples to make it a bit more understandable:
- Combustion Engine running Fuel (Buildcraft): 6 MJ/t equivalent to 150 MekJ/t.
- Standard Generator (IC2): 10 EU/p equivalent to 100 MekJ/t.
- <Any> Dynamo (Thermal Expansion): 80 RF/t equivalent to 200 MekJ/t.

Power Generation

A quick explanation of the Power Generation GUI. There are three lines that may show different information but really do show the same thing.
  • Line 1: Stored Power (also shows exact power output when running but storage buffer is empty).
  • Line 2: Fuel Level (This varies by machine as they use different fuels: Hydrogen, Sun, ect).
  • Line 3: Max Output. Not to be confused with generator output. All generators can output 2 times their rated output provided there is power in their storage buffer. An example might be the Advanced Solar Panel. It generates 180 MekJ/t but if it has energy stored in its buffer and something in the network is demanding more than that 180, it can pull what it needs from its buffer to output a max of 360 MekJ/t.
Spoiler: Heat Generator

Unless you are using another Mod's power and converting it to Mek power, this is likely to be the first Mekanism machine you build.

It has 2 Modes:
Active (150 MekJ/t) and Passive (up to 25 MekJ/t)

-In Active Mode, you are feeding it combustibles, it will output 150 MekJ/t. Fuel doesn't matter so long as it can burn. If you can put it into an IC2 Generator, a Thermal Expansion Steam Dynamo or even the Vanilla Furnace, chances are you can have this generator burn it as well. The quality of the fuel determines just how much MekJ you will get out of it. A stick will get you very little MekJ (1,500 total) where something like coal will get you more (24,000 total). Active mode is also very inefficient when compared to other Mod's power generators. In particular, Thermal Expansion's Steam Dynamo outclasses the Heat Generator in all aspects as far as total energy generated and output per tick for just about any fuel you can use in either of them. When in this mode, the Heat Generator would split the difference between an IC2 Standard Generator (10 EU/p) and a Thermal Expansion Geothermal Generator (20 EU/p) as the 150 MekJ/t converts out to 15 EU/p.

-In Passive Mode, you place lava, flowing or source it doesn't matter, touching up to 5 sides of the Heat generator. Each side that is in contact with lava will generate 5 MekJ/t for a maximum passive generation of 25 MekJ/t. Not great but enough to get started and they can be re-used later, after making better power generators, as sort of trickle charger for energy cubes if you want. This is 'build and forget' energy. Once built and generating power, it is maintenance free. When in this mode and generating the 25 MekJ/t, this generator is equivalent to a Buildcraft Stirling Engine as the 25 MekJ/t converts out to 1 MJ/t.

- Active and Passive Modes can be used simultaneously. If using them to generate the 25 MekJ/t passively, you can goose the generator to output 175 MekJ/t (25 passive + 150 active) by simply adding something burnable.

Spoiler: Bio-Generator
Active Mode Only
250 MekJ/t
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16631 (isolation #35) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:13 am

Post by Oso »

Just some random thoughts.

@ETL - I've personally done all I want to on Agrarian Skies. Haven't completed all the quests but really have no interest in doing the last few. It was a good server though, after I got over my initial frustration with some of the recipe changes and the whole having to struggle mightily just to not starve to death in the beginning, it was an interesting experience in using the mods in ways I've never done before.

I've no interest in Vanilla but I do have an interest in playing with people. Ironic for me to say that as I am known for getting as far away from spawn as possible and doing my own thing. So I'll throw in with Kcdaspot, if vanilla restarts I'll go ahead and split my Minecraft time between Vanilla and Modded in the hopes that I can help contribute to the type of community we had before the first Mafiascum FTB server went live. Vanilla isn't anywhere close to being as fun as modded but having a server with active players does go a long way to make up for that be it a Vanilla Server or Modded Server.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16665 (isolation #36) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:43 am

Post by Oso »

Let me know whereabouts this spawntown will be created. If there are no objections I'll get started on an auto-harvest farm after collecting the resources needed, of course. Not sure the form it will take but I'ma need Redstone, starter food/seed stocks, iron, pistons, ect.

Provided no one else had already started plans in their head for making a food farm near spawn.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16687 (isolation #37) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:27 pm

Post by Oso »

Per a request in IRC, here is the link to a Texture Pack that works with the vanilla Snapshot. It is Coteriecraft

CoterieCraft
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16715 (isolation #38) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:39 am

Post by Oso »

I'm currently building a community farm. Hopefully will cover all aspects, food and animals. After that, I haven't decided yet if I'm going to go a little ways separate from Spawntown or a long ways separate.

Edit: Although, where I have the mine I am using to get the resources to build the farm, it has a nice view of Spawn Town. I may just build there.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16718 (isolation #39) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:42 pm

Post by Oso »

I'm not going anywhere from Vanilla anytime soon either. Just splitting play time between modded and Vanilla. Get frustrated or repetitive on one, go to the other :)
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16722 (isolation #40) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:13 am

Post by Oso »

Ok, as fan of of doll horror movies like "Chucky" I can tell you, that won't end well.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16735 (isolation #41) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by Oso »

Thanks Maru. Those are pretty neat.

For the Community Farms/pens, I will go with something more basic though. My thinking is they will be something that looks nice (while still being useful) but will mainly be used for getting things players haven't already acquired on their own. I'm not fooling myself into thinking they will be used for anything other than starter stock by players as I'm almost certain, every player is going to have their own personal farms/pens.

The Tree farms might actually see more use but there again, cut a tree(s) down, get enough saplings to replant them and have some extra to start your own farm, never come back sort of thing.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16743 (isolation #42) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by Oso »

I haven't messed with 1.7 at all. Modded or Vanilla. I jumped straight from 1.6.4 Modded to 1.8 Vanilla. SO yeah, I'd be interested in seeing more screenies
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16745 (isolation #43) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:59 pm

Post by Oso »

Ok, so the snapshot that is running on ETL's Vanilla is 1.8 then (or at least more 1.8 than 1.7) I've seen most of those changes in the snapshot...cool.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16748 (isolation #44) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:10 am

Post by Oso »

The Vanilla Community Farm progresses
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16756 (isolation #45) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:00 am

Post by Oso »

Here is something weird (or maybe not that weird, I don't know) for the last 2 days when I'm not playing Minecraft because I'm working or something, I have the Vanilla Launcher open to the games opening screen. The mood music it plays is actually quite good.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16757 (isolation #46) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:11 am

Post by Oso »

Vanilla Server now has Melons.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16762 (isolation #47) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:23 am

Post by Oso »

Ice Spike Biome @ -1250,600

-
-
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16763 (isolation #48) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:29 pm

Post by Oso »

Mesa Biome @ -770,-2500

-
-
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16768 (isolation #49) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:46 pm

Post by Oso »

Not far. There are some major builds going on but the community builds are a bit sporadic at the moment.

I'm working on community farms (Trees, food, Nether Wart and the like) and Maru has started on the Central Spawntown building, but neither one of us is making huge strides :P. I'm splitting my time on Vanilla between building the farms, gathering the materials and looking for seed stock.

That is how I found those 2 biomes. I'm looking for Mooshroom Island, Mega Tiaga and Jungle for animals/resources and seeds.

[Add-on edit] I just made a circle(square?) around 0,0 @ a distance of 2,500. Fixing to do the same thing again at a distance of 5,000 blocks.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16770 (isolation #50) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:07 pm

Post by Oso »

I couldn't get the last iteration of SamCraft to load but if this one does, I'll be happy to run it and test it some. Be some time tomorrow before I can see though.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16790 (isolation #51) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:56 pm

Post by Oso »

Pure survival, no creative. Those shots that look like flying, they aren't. Just taken from really tall mountains. Unless ETL or Davroe posted some as scenic shots while they were in OP/Admin mode.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16803 (isolation #52) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:44 am

Post by Oso »

In post 16796, Rhinox wrote:FYI: community farm is not exactly mob proof at the moment. Creeper snuck up on me by the melons and pumpkins. I don't have the stuff on me to fix it just needs a couple dirt and acacia slabs is all.

Fixed. Should be mob-proofed in the next couple of days now that the long weekend is over and I'm going to be back at the computer for my normal hours.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16840 (isolation #53) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:36 am

Post by Oso »

That was a pretty neat video. I didn't start playing until basically 1.4.7 but I do remember a free download you could get that I messed with. Probably a demo of some sort but all you could really do with it was build. No survival or mobs or anything (I don't think anyway. That was a while ago I messed with that).
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16848 (isolation #54) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:24 am

Post by Oso »

In post 16844, Xayzeck wrote:

Btw Oso, I started harvesting the gravel deposit, and it looks hella ugly now lol. If you need help cleaning it up a bit, just let me know, I'll help you out

Unless someone has an objection to it, I'd say leave it for the moment. Now that the farm part of that area is mostly done, I'm starting to plan the rest (tree frams/animals pens, ect.) which is likely to mean some major transforming. I'd hate to see anyone spend hours of work to pretty it up just to have me come back and dig up all that work. I might just go ahead and replaced any exposed stone blocks that got exposed during the mining with dirt. But that itself would likely be temporary as well.

[Add-on Edit]
Actually, just popped on and looked at and it is pretty bad. BUT, a hole that deep and that big has...possibilities. Let me think on this some. I was going to use the mine as a location for a Random spawn mob spawner, this may be a good beginning to that as well. Plus, I was going to put the Giant Mushrooms above ground so I wouldn't have to dig a chamber big enough to grow them. You've already done about 90% of the work on a decent sized chamber so, that could work too.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16866 (isolation #55) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:46 am

Post by Oso »

Reck swamp at 319,-640

There is even a safe house near those coords
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16871 (isolation #56) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by Oso »

Sounds like about a normal day :mrgreen:
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16899 (isolation #57) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:03 pm

Post by Oso »

In post 16897, Claus wrote:Reck: You should make a small public oven in the spawntown -- then it would keep cooking even when you are offline.

The community farm has a cookhouse/food storage/seed stock room in progress, although I haven't been on Vanilla much the last 2-3 days so 'In Progress' means I've hollowed out the room :P

Don't know if it is close enough to spawn to stay loaded 24/7 though.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16904 (isolation #58) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:54 am

Post by Oso »

In post 16901, Claus wrote:
In post 16899, Oso wrote:
In post 16897, Claus wrote:Reck: You should make a small public oven in the spawntown -- then it would keep cooking even when you are offline.

The community farm has a cookhouse/food storage/seed stock room in progress, although I haven't been on Vanilla much the last 2-3 days so 'In Progress' means I've hollowed out the room :P

Don't know if it is close enough to spawn to stay loaded 24/7 though.

I think I saw it today, I can put some furnaces in there if you don't mind (unless you are planning to do some machinery there yourself). I think it is close enough for it to be loaded, but we can test that.

Also, does anyone have a full enchanting setup that I could use? :-)

Sure Furnaces are fine. I'll take as many as you want to get rid of. I'm thinking somewhere between 8-10 Furnaces so yeah, I only have 2 built so far
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16907 (isolation #59) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:06 am

Post by Oso »

In post 16906, Claus wrote:
In post 16903, chamber wrote:You should get a client side mod that lets you set waypoints.

Or write those coordinates down to paper :-)

I'm keeping my eye on Zan's Mini map. If I read it right, it should be pretty close to a stable 1.8 release.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16909 (isolation #60) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:29 am

Post by Oso »

I agree for a bunch of them.

A single mod I'd go ahead and do, personally, the old fashioned way by editing the minecraft <version>.jar and all the hoops you have to jump through there. But that is just me. For a mod pack or more than about 2 mods, yeah, no way I'd do it manually.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16915 (isolation #61) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:18 pm

Post by Oso »

What Mod is that giving stats in the upper left there?
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16960 (isolation #62) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:08 am

Post by Oso »

Gonna call the farm part of the farm/trees animal pens done. Here are some screenies (using CoterieCraft so it looks different using Vanilla default textures).

Spoiler: Screenies
Outside, view from above looking towards Spawntown
--

One Corner, inside. Wheat in the near bay, 1/2 Carrots - 1/2 Potatoes in the next bay, Sugar Cane after that. (Cactus, Nether Wart, Pumpkins and Melons can't be seen.)
--

Opposite corner from above. Melons, Pumpkins, Cactus and Nether Wart visible here.
--

Finally, Cookhouse and Storage Room.
--
Last edited by Oso on Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16962 (isolation #63) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:19 am

Post by Oso »

-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16982 (isolation #64) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:25 am

Post by Oso »

If you circle spawn, I think you will find a snow biome closer than those Ice Spikes, but you may have done that already
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16992 (isolation #65) » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:31 am

Post by Oso »

It is a done deal most likely. He mentioned 'gauntlet' and 'Klaz' in the same sentence. I don't think Klaz can not do it without running the risk of a brain aneurism.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17028 (isolation #66) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:09 pm

Post by Oso »

2.5 Billion though. That would be a hard number to say no to.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17030 (isolation #67) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:27 pm

Post by Oso »

Yes.

No way I personally could spend that much money before i die. My needs and aspirations pretty much don't extend past what I already have. Might do a bit of traveling but still, wouldn't put a dent in it.

Even after I made trust funds for every immediate member of my family plus a number of minor children who are related to me through cousins that are once, twice, three times or more removed from me, there would still be a big chunk left over. I do know one thing, even before i died, none of the local schools, homeless programs, stray animal programs or a half dozen other social type programs the county I live in runs, they certainly wouldn't be hurting for money for a long while
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17032 (isolation #68) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:42 pm

Post by Oso »

Hopefully (and I'm knocking on wood hard with this) they will realize that the reason(s) for Minecraft's success (at least in my opinion) is that it is predominately a community game and the reason that the community has such a long lasting interest in the game is the modding community. They would be flat shooting themselves in the foot (again, in my opinion) if they make it too difficult for a person or group of people, who have an interest in adding improvements to the game through mods, to make those mods.

Granted, there are a goodly number of people who like and play Vanilla exclusively but if you do a cursory Google search on Minecraft Servers, Modded outnumbers Vanilla by a large, almost huge, margin.

3rd party mods are really what made Minecraft what it is today.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17036 (isolation #69) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:44 pm

Post by Oso »

I've been reading some on the web. Financial fluff, news reports aren't really that informative but it seems that Microsoft is basically buying it for mainly the mobile and console aspects of it. So if that is the case, we very well might not see any change in the Personal Computer aspect of the game. If anything, the PC versions of the game may become the forgotten stepchild and freeze eternally at 1.8 or something.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17057 (isolation #70) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:45 am

Post by Oso »

Spoiler: Some Modded Screen Shots
Cursed Earth Passive Spawner combined with MFR Auto Spawner (Currently the Auto Spawner is spitting out Endermen).
-
-
Underneath the Spawner. Tessaract is providing Power and taking away Mob Drops, Drums are storing Mob Essence from the Passive Spawns and sending it to the Auto Spawner.
-

5 Rod(7 high) Big Reactor with unfinished (37 block Tartarite Coil) turbine in the background.

4x Mekanism Ore Processor (the machine to the far right is a Sawmill, ignore that). All but the Chemical Injection Chamber are 3 slot Factories.
-
-
Dual Salination Plants that are providing Brine to the 4x Processor (room there for 2 more if needed).
-
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17060 (isolation #71) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:07 pm

Post by Oso »

Dav, what is the fuel consumption at that level? If I may ask?

[Add-on edit]I see room for 8 more rods there if you wanted :twisted: )
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17068 (isolation #72) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:50 am

Post by Oso »

Newest additon to the Spawn Town Farm...
COCOA

-
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17073 (isolation #73) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:39 am

Post by Oso »

It opens a lot of possibilities fro automated farming in both Vanilla and modded.

I didn't do it in that pic because the farm I made is rapidly running out of room (actually, it is full. I had to dig out that wall to make room for the cocoa) but you can place dispensers on the top block of wood in each of those columns and use a bucket of water in each to wash away the cocoa pods for auto harvesting. Then all you need to do manually replant.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17074 (isolation #74) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:46 am

Post by Oso »

Spoiler: More Vanilla Screenies. Tree farms so far
Birch and Spruce
--

Vanilla Oak
--

Dark Oak
--
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17084 (isolation #75) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:46 pm

Post by Oso »

Ah thanks, I went there and got an Oblivion Queen/Drone set as well.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17088 (isolation #76) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:29 am

Post by Oso »

There are several like that. Some of the Modest (Desert) bee species devolp the 'Creeper' effect. Full Creeper explosion confined to the player, normal armor doesn't help
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17098 (isolation #77) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:08 am

Post by Oso »

I have several Tropicals. Unfortunately, they are all of Ignoble stock so I have to get enough of the drones to imprint a Pristine Rocky but that shouldn't be a problem. 4 Ignoble Princesses should be enough to get a stack (or almost) of drones to do that with.

As to automation, the standard stuff applies to TE Itemducts and EIO Conduits. Gendustry's Industrial Apiaries have an Automation Upgrade that takes care of all that stuff internally without the need for any sort of piping. The only problem there is that once their internal inventory fills up, they shut down. To avoid that you still to use external piping of some sort to get the stuff out of the apiaries and into a chest or something. I should have plenty of time tonight. No plans that I can think of other than normal chores after say, 7:30 pm Pacific time.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17108 (isolation #78) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:07 pm

Post by Oso »

I think, you can blow a Turbine apart though.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17121 (isolation #79) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:30 am

Post by Oso »

Claus, if it will help. we have located a swamp @ 319,-640. A bit of a walk but not too bad.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17128 (isolation #80) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:43 pm

Post by Oso »

I messed with Magic Farm 2, I'm guessing to was the base Jaded Cat used to make AgSkies. I'll give Crash Landing a try and maybe Blood and Bones as well.

But there is a goal in just basic modded, just like life "The one with the most toys when he dies, wins."
Last edited by Oso on Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17130 (isolation #81) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:46 pm

Post by Oso »

Once I got used to exactly how Iguana Tweaks worked with Tinker's Construct, it became much, well not easier, but less frustrating.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17132 (isolation #82) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:47 pm

Post by Oso »

Oh, and one thing I did do with Magic Farm 2, I dropped in Big Reactors, so I guess it really wasn't Magic Farm 2.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17160 (isolation #83) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:25 pm

Post by Oso »

Okay. The Community Power system is set up.

It uses Public Tessaract frequency 999 and can realistically provide 15K RF/t (probably closer to 15.5, I went conservative and rounded down after taking out the machine overhead)

I'll post a fully spoilered post with screenies and in-depth specs sometime tomorrow for anyone interested in reading them.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17165 (isolation #84) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:01 am

Post by Oso »

In post 17161, Maestro wrote:giant fucking turbine with Enderminium blocks or whateveer + reactor the size of my RL house = powah for everybody what mord do they need to know Oso? jesus fucking christ

:lol:

That is the one in my house. The ones at spawn at quite a bit smaller and not quite so imposing (still pretty big though. It seems to be the nature of Turbines to kinda overpower anything they are next to).
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17166 (isolation #85) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:59 am

Post by Oso »

Spoiler: View of Spawn Power
Wide view
--
--
From Left to Right
Big Reactor Turbines, Railcraft High-Pressure Steam Boilers(attached to Turbines), Steam Ovens (cooking logs into charcoal), Cattle Pen (not visible, underneath the Birch slabs there) and finally, Minefactory Reloaded Auto Tree (Spruce) Farm.

Side view of one of the Turbine Assemblies
-
--
Turbine Specs:
5H-5W-9L.
27 Turbine Blades.
13 Enderium Block Coil.
8088 RF/t @1765.5 RPM.
690 mB of Steam consumed per tick.
--
Boiler Specs:
Max sized, Railcraft High Pressure Boiler.
9 Solid Fuel Fireboxes.
36 High Pressure Boilers.
5H-3W-3L total dimensions.
Produces 720 mB of Steam per tick.
Consumes 1 Charcoal approximately every 2.5 seconds.
Fuel is Charcoal fed from the Steam Oven via a Deep Storage Unit - Water provided by 4 Aqueous Accumulators directly under the Boilers.
--
Steam Oven:
Consumes ~30 mB of Steam per tick.
Cycles every 12 seconds and can process 9 logs every cycle (creates 1 Charcoal every 1.33 seconds).

Sewage Treatment Plant
--
--
(Note: Slight chance this is bigger than it needs to be :lol: )
60 Minefactory Reloaded Sewers collecting Sewage from <a shitload of> cows.
10 Minefactory Reloaded Composters processing Sewage into Industrial Fertilizer for the Spruce tree farm.

The Cattle pen is a standard pen, no idea really how many cows are in there but it is likely in the range of 55-65.
Spruce Tree farm is a standard 5x5 Minefactory Reloaded Farm using a Planter, Harvester and Fertilizing Machine.
--
Turbines provide power to all machines before sending it to the Tessaract for general use so this thing is power positive. They (Turbines) produce more fuel (Charcoal) than the Boilers use and they use only ~7% of their total power output to do so. This is a true 'place and forget system'. In addition, the system provides a surplus of: Industrial fertilizer, Logs, Charcoal and Saplings.
--
All item and fluid transport courtesy of Ender IO.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17177 (isolation #86) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:48 pm

Post by Oso »

Sync...that is what allows you to bypass the Hardcore Perma-death right?
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17204 (isolation #87) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:38 am

Post by Oso »

Note the Modded Server Players

The Industrial Fertilizer Plant I made for the Spawn Community Power set up is over producing Fertilizer by a pretty good volume. I have hooked an Ender Chest to the Fertilizer Storage so anyone who needs Industrial Fertilizer can tap into it by making an Ender Chest and setting the color code to:

BROWN-BROWN-BROWN

This fertilizer can be used directly in the Minefactory reloaded Fertilizer Machine or it can crafted into Forestry Fertilizer on a 1:1 basis by simply placing it in any crafting grid. It can also be used as Brown Dye in any crafting recipe that needs Brown Dye.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17247 (isolation #88) » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:41 pm

Post by Oso »

It would mean adding Immbi's Core and Dimensional Anchors, but there is an alternative to both Chicken Chunks and MFR Loaders. I've no experience with Dimensional Anchors though. They are similar in concept to Chicken Chunks and MFR in that they can be configured to use fuel (like MFR) or not (like Chicken Chunks) and they load squares (like Chicken Chunks can) as a radius rather than circles (like MFR does). Or so says the info I found on the web.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17252 (isolation #89) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:58 am

Post by Oso »

In post 17248, Maestro wrote:immibis' mods and Dimensional Anchors in particular do not work well.

Klaz can attest - it is a useless mod from a hack of an author.
He copies other mods for a living and we should not support his work.

An alternative was all. I personally don't mind the MFR Loaders. I used them in AgSkies with no problems at all.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17292 (isolation #90) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:18 am

Post by Oso »

Scum Pack 3 server is down. No idea why. PM sent to ETL and Davroe19.

It just went down with the message 'Server Closed' was all.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17334 (isolation #91) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:40 pm

Post by Oso »

I never used EE2 but in regards to the conversation I have some input.

Like daveaz, I concern myself very little about what others are doing except for thing like cooperative projects and then mainly to make sure I am not duplicating something someone else is doing. As to broken or OP mods, again, less concerned about what others will do with them and more about how I might make them work.

I do agree with Maestro on experimenting with mods and seeing how they can work together. It lagged me out of the game but his and Klaz's Soul Shards Wither Spawners feeding dropped coal to Railcraft boilers was pretty neat I think. EnderIO's conduits work with all the mods I have tried them on and they beat the hell out of any transport network I've seen yet besides ME (actually, I give the edge to EnderIO because of their facades. They are dead easy to hide).

Some multi mod setups can work really well. Had I know before setting up my own laser drill (basically to get Yellorium for my reactor but the other stuff as well), how well Railcraft Boilers work with Big Reactors Turbines, I never would have set up the Laser Drill. I would have bypassed the Reactor completely and went straight to Boiler driven Turbine(s) as I would have needed way less power. Mekanism's ore multiplying capabilities plus it's Digiminer makes a Laser Drill a bit of overkill.

[Add-on edit]
I don't know if it me turning into a 'purist' myself or simply nostalgia but I do miss some of the huge, Rube Goldberg contraptions from 1.4.7 (the first Modded version I played) that you were almost required to make for automation. They took a lot of thought and planning...plus they looked really neat.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17340 (isolation #92) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:36 am

Post by Oso »

In post 17339, Maestro wrote:Not only are EIO conduits brain-dead easy to hide,
===
ME cabling

===

WAAAT??

This I did not know...now I do.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17459 (isolation #93) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:21 am

Post by Oso »

The intended way, I think, for Mystcraft was to use various resources (In the ink mixer?) to get the modifier you wanted. I think for Intra-Linking, Gold was needed.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17460 (isolation #94) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:23 am

Post by Oso »

daveaz, I'm checking Magic Bees. But I think the glitch that caused the Hive generation error has been fixed for 1.7.10. I need to confirm that though. On a related note though, I have no problem with a biome that qualifies as a plains type biome that gens bare earth.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17464 (isolation #95) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:30 am

Post by Oso »

I believe so ETL, I semi confirmed it when I left the mining age and then went right back. There was no nether portal when I lft but there was one when I got back. The round trip from the mining age to my base and back was about 1 minute

{add on edit} My bad, daveaz is right. It wasn't Warp books but rather Aroma
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17467 (isolation #96) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:45 am

Post by Oso »

On an unrelated note, I helped my Nephew set up his computer for Skype, Twitch, Youtube and Open Broadcaster. Skype was a no-brainer as it is just a download, install and go after the camera/mic setup is in place. But the rest, I had to set up on my own computer so as to walk him through it over the phone.

Point being, I can now make streams and *.flv files suitable for upload to YouTube.

Not sure what to do with all that. Right now, it is just taking up space on my hard drive as I expect any YouTube I might have a mind to make for minecraft has already been done to death.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17488 (isolation #97) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:09 am

Post by Oso »

I can't stop thinking about that Water-Based pack that Maestro and Klaz are making/testing.

Some custom generation, add in HQM and I'm thinking 3rd party FTB there. Make it a true challenge map in the AgSkies, Crash Landing tradition. Although, because of my limited imagination, the best I can come up with so far is basically Crash Landing with the desert replaced with water.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17491 (isolation #98) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:24 am

Post by Oso »

I don't hate it. I quite like it actually.

The idea of a challenge/hardcore map just sort of popped into my head when you guys first mentioned the theme of the pack. The idea is taking its own sweet time about vacating the premises.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17500 (isolation #99) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:32 am

Post by Oso »

:eek: Me make an FTB Pack?

I thought we already established that I was a consumer not a supplier back when you guys were admining the server. At best, I am an Alpha tester (and not a very good one at that) who main skill lies in taking apart and critiquing what others have made rather than doing anything creative on my own. And responsibilty, nope. Hell, I haven't volunteered to help admin any of the servers and of all the people who play here, I'm the one most likely to be active and awake at the wee hours when the most of the rest of the folks are likely to be asleep. :D
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17507 (isolation #100) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:51 am

Post by Oso »

Actually, the idea of undersea mining does hold some interest to me (and by that, I don't mean setting up a quarry or something on the surface and letting it do the heavy lifting), but rather using Scuba gear or Enchantments to get to an airlock on the sea floor to mine the sea floor to bedrock.

The logistics would be interesting. Without warp books and instantaneous travel AND providing that your ship is the base away from port, setting up a semi-decent processing plant in a smallish airlock sounds like a decent challenge so all that you take back to the ship is the processed ores.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17524 (isolation #101) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:00 am

Post by Oso »

For ETL (and anyone else). The tour video she asked me to do.

-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17528 (isolation #102) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:52 am

Post by Oso »

Too many word whiskers, my movements were jerky at times. Need to slow it down some. Need to articulate a bit better and have some sort of basic script to follow. That way I don't sound so much like Forrest Gump having a bad day :P

Thanks though. I do think it wasn't too bad of a showing for a first effort.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17605 (isolation #103) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:58 am

Post by Oso »

Second YouTube attempt. Need to up the video quality some way I think
Spoiler:
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17663 (isolation #104) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:35 am

Post by Oso »

Journeymap does yes. There is a difference though, Voxel map will sort of fade/darken mobs as they get further away from your Y level, JourneyMap does not do this. Not a deal breaker at all in my opinion but functionally they are now pretty equivalent with some minor differences.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17798 (isolation #105) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:03 pm

Post by Oso »

Damn, that looks pretty good. Lot of effort it looks like.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17807 (isolation #106) » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:31 pm

Post by Oso »

Easy, Create the Age, note the Number, then rename the book. Course, that doesn't help with any you have already created.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17816 (isolation #107) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:24 am

Post by Oso »

Well, I don't know if it is related, but I just logged on a few minutes and getting lag like crazy /cofh tps reports:
Overworld [0]: 0.57 TPS/1749.54MS (2%)
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17838 (isolation #108) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:17 pm

Post by Oso »

In post 17836, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:3. Today is Oso's 50th birthday, so he should get a party and some goodies. :] Dav or Klaz, you are authorized to spawn him something he would like, within reason. Definitely fill his place with cake though XD

Thanks for noticing :mrgreen: Not an outright present, but a full set of Binnies' machines would be nice and by not an outright present, I mean that I will build the MJ version of each and every one of those machines and present them to one of the admins when I get over being sick and feel well enough to do anything but work and sleep.

[Add-on edit] Yes, the universe's present for my birthday was to give me a monumental chest cold...must have built up some really bad karma over the last year.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17846 (isolation #109) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:27 am

Post by Oso »

In post 17844, Impossibear wrote:
In post 17838, Oso wrote:[Add-on edit] Yes, the universe's present for my birthday was to give me a monumental chest cold...must have built up some really bad karma over the last year.

I would suggest kicking fewer puppies.

This I knew immediately when reading the post :P

Impossibear=ETL but ETL did not make the post
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17912 (isolation #110) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:13 am

Post by Oso »

In post 17909, Jackel98 wrote:Hey, have any of you guys played any Resonant Rise or other ATLauncher packs?

I haven't personally, but I've read quite a bit about them in various forums.

Personally, a pre-made pack wouldn't bother me at all. I've looked at some of the challenge type packs on the FTB Launcher and both Regrowth and Material Energy seem interesting. I'd be open to something like that but take any suggestion I make with a grain of salt because with the change in my work situation, it may be that I'm very soon going to be limited to playing only on weekends and that for maybe a total of 4 or 6 hours over the entire weekend.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17917 (isolation #111) » Sun May 03, 2015 8:33 am

Post by Oso »

PSA for Optifine users:

Mojang changed the way that is authenticates when you log on to a server or even into an SSP game. That broke Optifine and causes a client crash on login.

If you are having this problem, disable Optifine or upgrade to the latest version. OptiFine_1.7.10_HD_B6

http://adf.ly/404181/optifine.net/adloa ... _HD_B6.jar
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17940 (isolation #112) » Fri May 15, 2015 8:19 am

Post by Oso »

In post 17938, wgeurts wrote:Okay I can understand that, I'll download it later. I noticed it's 1.7.10, why this version when 1.6.4 is so much more supported at the moment?
Also. Why was Iron Chests removed, and is there no buildcraft?

Edit: Is this just a general Minecraft Thread or is it only for ETL's modpack/server?

With some exceptions here and there, 1.6.4 modded is pretty much set in stone. It is as good as it is going to get. Which, in all honesty, isn't bad at all. Lots of gameplay left in 1.6.4

Virtually all mod authors have switched their development to 1.7.10 and, from the looks of it, that is where it is going to stay for a while. I'm not a coder and I haven't been keeping up on the forums or the IRC rooms but from what I have heard, MC 1.8 is requiring an almost total rewrite of how mods interact with the Minecraft code and most authors are giving it a pass until Mojang releases a version that shows clear improvement over 1.7.10.

Like I said though, I haven't been very active in the rooms or forums lately so the impression I got from what was being said then, may be totally wrong now.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17949 (isolation #113) » Fri May 15, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by Oso »

In post 17946, Maestro wrote:
In post 17938, wgeurts wrote:Why was Iron Chests removed, and is there no buildcraft?

Iron Chests was removed because when we said we wanted to try a lot of the newer 1.7.10 mods even if they replaced ones we'd been using for a long time, Oso suggested we look into Compact Storage. It's a very cool mod - it adds a crafting block for upgrading chests with enough space to fill the screen and it has some tiered "backpacks" to match.

There is no BuildCraft in the personal pack, correct.

Yeah, it does allow you to pretty much customize your chests to your needs and they can be colored at no cost. They can get expensive. If I have it figured correctly, to get the max sized chest will take 44 Iron (12 Ingots for Iron Bars + 32 Ingots), 72 Planks (for 9 chests) and 9 Clay. Obviously, the wood and clay isn't a real concern but the iron is kinda on the heavy side considering there are alternatives that hold more and cost less. But they (Barrels/DSUs and things like that) are single item storage. Being able to get 288 stack storage where you can mix the items is well worth the iron cost in my opinion.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17962 (isolation #114) » Tue May 19, 2015 4:20 pm

Post by Oso »

In post 17960, jmj3000 wrote:So, I logged on tonight, and noticed someone had put a book to a resource center in the base me and fuzzy were sharing, and the book in the resource center goes to someone else's base. Anyone want to claim it?

Is the base in a desert with a laser drill, Big Reactor and Turbine plus a lots of DSUs? If yes, that is mine but it was made as an experiment and I decided to leave it running, anyone is welcome to any resource that the laser drill puts into the DSUs. Please though don't pull out the entire stock of a DSU. Since it was an experiment, the storage system isn't as fleshed out as I would have made it had it been an actual working system.

In short, if you pull all of any item out of a dsu, you are gonna hose the whole system. And it will happen immediately the second the DSU becomes empty.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17964 (isolation #115) » Wed May 20, 2015 3:30 am

Post by Oso »

Naw, go ahead an use it.

That was the experiment. If I could make a totally automated reactor/turbine that would provide enough Yellorium to run not only itself, but provide enough to run 1 or 2 more reactors. The rest of the resources are really just a by-product of the quest for free Yellorium.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17966 (isolation #116) » Wed May 20, 2015 7:06 am

Post by Oso »

Me? No, I like the renew-ability and by products of tree->charcoal->steam setup. I did that because one of the players (can't remember who) was trying to figure out an infi-fuel setup for a Reactor/Turbine combos(s) that wasn't steam and could be totally automated and didn't need any player interaction once it was up and running.

That setup was my idea for getting that. I didn't keep real track of it after I set it up but I believe the surplus of Yellorium that rig generates could probably fuel up to four Reactors tailor made to produce just enough steam (2000mB/t) to run a max sized turbine that gives ~28K RF/t if Ludicrite is used or ~24K RF/t if Endurium is used instead.

And yes, no resources needed nearby for a Laser Drill. The name of that is misleading, it isn't a mining laser. It is a Matter Generator. Feed it enough power and it just conjures up resources.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18049 (isolation #117) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:46 pm

Post by Oso »

Are you using Optifine as well? Don't know if that is your problem but I have seen that error so many times in relation to so many unrelated crashes, I'm not sure it is indicative of any particular crash.

[Edit] If I am not mistaken, ETL has SP4 on a version of Forge that is older than 1350. I can't remeber the exact version number but Forge did an update around 1350 (1355 maybe?) that require mods to make changes to be compatible with it. But again, with that error you posted, it is hard to tell what might be causing it
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18050 (isolation #118) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:40 am

Post by Oso »

Welp, this is it folks.

Because of real life, my time and internet access will be severely limited starting Sunday. The Internet access may change, depends on how many of the truck stops have installed hotspots but the time won't. This will probably last until until after the first of the year.

This isn't a farewell note, by the way :P I am not leaving but my presence in IRC and on the server will be almost non-existent for a while.

Don't forget about me:

-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18067 (isolation #119) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:03 am

Post by Oso »

In post 18062, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
AgSkies while SP5 gets put together? (About a month)

YAY OR NAY?

Over the next month (and beyond most likely) I probably won't play much but I'll say Yes :)

An alternative you might want to consider is the Regrowth Pack if this is just to kill time. It is a good showcase of how some of the mods that have been discussed can work together and it also drops some of the more 'go-to' mods in favor of other mods. CoFH Core is in there for the RF API but Thermal Expansion is not.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18149 (isolation #120) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:52 am

Post by Oso »

Greetings all.

Just stopping in to say hello and letting you folks know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth and I have not left permanently.

Have fun and stay safe.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19599 (isolation #121) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:01 pm

Post by Oso »

I've played SF3 in SSP. I'd try my best to play some.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19607 (isolation #122) » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:23 pm

Post by Oso »

There is a single block hole in the spawn platform, right where new players spawn in. I fell right through it on entering and died in the void. I repawned on on my gravestone (just right above the void I'm assuming) so I not in a 'join/die' cycle. I'm safe on the gravestone but I have no clue as to how to get back up. According to JourneyMap, coords are x:162 z:505 y:0.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19622 (isolation #123) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:34 pm

Post by Oso »

Found this on the web: https://minevortex.com/forums/threads/s ... ding.5057/

Figured some of us might find it useful.

[Add-on Edit]

From what I have read, the chickens have stats like the agricraft seeds have stats. The major difference is that they don't lose those stats from cross-breeding like AgriCraft did (Two 10-10-10 seeds crossbred gave a new seed @ 5-5-5). If both chicken parents are 10-10-10, all the cross breeds will hatch at 10-10-10. It goes without saying probably, the higher the stats, the more often they produce and the more product they give.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19627 (isolation #124) » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:39 pm

Post by Oso »

@ Psyche: I'll leave the technical stuff to others as I am only familiar with the Windows PC version of the game.

3:Minecraft, at its most basic, is a sandbox building game. It is open-ended. There are no 'win' conditions (other than the ones you set for yourself). You mentioned the different modes.

--Creative: Like it says on the tin. You generate a world, you immediately have access to all blocks and items and you can just create/build/test (or destroy) to your hearts content. You can't be hurt by anything but falling out of the world.

--Survival: Basically start with nothing and you have to worry about feeding yourself and not getting killed by hostile mobs, sudden high drops, drowning, falling into lava...ect. Actually not that difficult in pure survival even on the hard setting. Anything you need, you have to acquire by mining, harvesting or finding.

--Adventure Mode: Never used it personally so, no idea.

--Hardcore Survival(Vanilla): Same as regular survival but difficulty is locked in at Hard and if you die, that's it. You have start on a brand new game.

The above is for the Vanilla (unmodified) versions of the game.

Minecraft is also coded so that it is easily modifiable and what I have listed above may or may not apply to Modded Minecraft. It all depends on the mod-pack you are playing (and it is very possible to create you own personal mod-pack. I have done it several times as have several people that play on the Mafiacraft Server).

4:It is as complicated or as simple as you wish to make it. Being open-ended and primarily a building game, you are under no time limits. You can go as slow or as fast as you like. As to being competitive, that pretty much depends on the people you play with. Mafiacraft server is overall, non-competitive although we do have folks who pride themselves on making the best looking bases/houses. Others who make the most complicated contraptions and things like that. But it is more for showing off than actually competing with other players. There are servers that forbid PvP and others where that is the main goal. Like I said, depends on the people you play with.

I hope that might answer some of the questions you have. I quite enjoy the game myself and have been playing on servers and in single player since December of 2012. Best value of any game I ever bought (except I didn't actually buy it, I got it as an Xmas present).
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19638 (isolation #125) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:11 pm

Post by Oso »

I'm not usually one to share images of my builds but anyone who knows me from Minecraft all know I generally build functionally rather than for aesthetic value. However, quite by mistake, I made something that actually looks good compared to my usual standards.

-
This is the walkway from my base to the arena. Unfortunately, there is no real way to make either the base or the wither room you see down in the lower right look good in comparison.

-
-
Two views of the Arena. Basically I built the bare minimum area to summon the Gaia Spirit and since it looked so butt ugly just sitting there being a round island of dirt, I spruced it up some.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19641 (isolation #126) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:12 pm

Post by Oso »

Look at the little dude....

Now fully grown
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19643 (isolation #127) » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:11 am

Post by Oso »

The normal tech mods (EIO, Thermal Expansion, maybe even Mekanism and MFR). Draconic Evolution would be nice as well. Even if you decide to keep the power reactor disabled for server safety, the energy storage and wireless energy transfer is pretty cool. RF Tools because they have some really neat autocrafting machines.

Botania is always a good standby as well as Blood magic (anyone know if Thaumcraft is scheduled for a 1.11.2 release?) For those folks who like to decorate, Decocraft is pretty amazing.

For storage, Storage Drawers/Refined Storage worked pretty well for me in SF3 although if MFR is included the DSU is always a good mass storage option.

Ore Excavation and Better Builder's Wands, I'd say they were both worth putting in the pack as well.

Just for fun, Agricraft/Pam's/Mystical Agriculture is a good trio (although I haven't looked at the 1.11.2 mods so have no idea if any I have mentioned so far are even out for that version).

[Add-on edit] f the lag issue is caused by the server rather than strictly the modpack and a server change is in the works, I'd like to throw Forestry back into the mix if possible. I am pretty familiar with its configs, and there is a lot of stuff that can be disabled if no one is interested in using that part of Forestry and the mod causes major lag. But that is not a make a break for me. If it can easily be included, that is good. If not, that isn't going to bother me too awful much.
Last edited by Oso on Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19646 (isolation #128) » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:34 am

Post by Oso »

I like Botania and Blood Magic and have always been kinda' meh about TC. I mentioned TC because so many other folks seemed to like it. So a replacement like Astral Sorcery would be fine with me.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19656 (isolation #129) » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:14 am

Post by Oso »

In post 19651, davesaz wrote:Play testing is going very well. I'm comfortable with the pack as is, without DarkUtils (and whatever those other mods were). I have one remaining open question related to Thermal Foundation Platinum which I'm not seeing for some reason. Surprisingly, the last time I checked memory it was only taking 1.9GB working set in SSP, but that was before a nether trip.
There are several things that Thermal Foundation has that aren't default. Platinum/Shiny Ore is one of them. It is a simple matter of adding it to the thermalfoundationores.json to get it to generate. There is at least one other ore (Aluminum) that Thermal Expansion adds that isn't generated by default.

Spoiler:

Code: Select all

"aluminum": {
                          "distribution": "uniform",
                           "generator": {
                                      "block": {
                                      "name": "thermalfoundation:ore",
                                      "metadata": 4
                                      },
                                      "material": "stone",
                                      "cluster-size": 8
                          },
                          "cluster-count": 4,
                          "min-height": 20,
                          "max-height": 60,
                          "retrogen": "true",
                          "biome": "all",
                          "dimension": {
                                     "restriction": "blacklist",
                                     "value": [
                                     ]
                           }
                },

This is what Ihave in my SSP for Aluminum. Didn't bother with Shiny/Platinum because there is a block called 'Destabilized Redstone' that generates by default and it has a 50% chance of generating Cinnabar when processed in a Pulverizer. By the tie I figured out Shiny wasn't generating, I already had a lot of Cinnabar and didn't feel the need to add it.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19658 (isolation #130) » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:08 pm

Post by Oso »

The Redstone version of Clathrete does. Pulverizing Redstone blocks (according to JEI) have a base 5% of generating Cinnabar as a secondary. Redstone Clatrete (WAILA shows it as Destabilized Redstone) has a base 50% chance to secondary Cinnabar. This is in 1.10.2. I am making the assumption here that those %'s hold true in 1.11.2 as well.

[Add-on edit]I agree Maestro. I use CofH Core to generate almost all ore in my packs. The only exceptions are those that aren't duplicates and pretty much unique to a particular mod. I will even use it to override a unique mod ore as well (ex. Draconium). I goosed a bit in my pack to make it about as common as Diamond.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19677 (isolation #131) » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:27 am

Post by Oso »

I believe (not 100% sure of this) that all the modpacks (not individual mods) available on curse/curseforge do indeed need the Twitch(used to be Curse) launcher. If you have a modpack in mind, I have the launcher already loaded on my laptop. I'd be happy to download what you need, zip it up and put it on my Google Drive for you.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19681 (isolation #132) » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:52 pm

Post by Oso »

MultiMC is the most stable launcher that I have used since I started playing Minecraft. It is a good one.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19699 (isolation #133) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:15 am

Post by Oso »

Well, so far I like Akliz. I never had a server on Exile but SP7 seems to be running MUCH better than it did on Exile. The server I have on Akliz is 4GB and so far, I haven't been able to overload it with the pack I made for 1.10.2.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19703 (isolation #134) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:55 am

Post by Oso »

In post 19701, aphix wrote:So, I keep getting a bunch of Mod Rejections when trying to connect. What steps do I take with multimc?
1-Make a Vanilla instance with Minecraft 1.11.2
2-Add the forge version .2476 (there is only one version compatible with 1.11.2 that ends with that number)
3-Run that just to make sure everything took.
4-Download SP7.2 and copy the config and mods folders over the same folders in your instance directory.
5-Things should work then :)
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19706 (isolation #135) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by Oso »

Yeah, I read what was in the OP rather than what we had in the instance. And yeah, I initially had 4GB allocated for the instance and ran into some problems. Initializing the front end of he instance taking almost the entire 4 gigs was one of them.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19736 (isolation #136) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by Oso »

What's up with chat? No one in there but the server.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19738 (isolation #137) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:44 am

Post by Oso »

Arch maybe some real life stuff come up? Not that is a big deal for me really since I have about zero time to play lately. It just surprised me was all.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19747 (isolation #138) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:00 am

Post by Oso »

In post 19742, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Oso did I kick you off by accident??
Not that I know of. I have just been super busy lately and have had just about enough time to eat and sleep and not much else.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19749 (isolation #139) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:09 am

Post by Oso »

In post 19746, Maruchan wrote:On the next installment of maru and his shitty computer problems:

Coming in January: maru receives an approx. 1500 to 2000 dollar vallue Asus ROG laptop for 2400 dollars in 12 monthly installments!

Stay tuned for updates!
I have an ASUS ROG. Good computers. If it is like mine though, you might have to manually disable the onboard Intel Graphics to get things to default to the OEM Graphics card though.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19751 (isolation #140) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:45 am

Post by Oso »

Mine is pushing 2 years old as well. I've been toying with the idea of backing up, blowing everything out and reloading clean. Still up in the air as there is a noticeable increase in boot and load times but really no decrease in performance once things are loaded. Have to think on it some more.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19754 (isolation #141) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:55 am

Post by Oso »

ETL. Desert is at 1100,-1700
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19773 (isolation #142) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:18 pm

Post by Oso »

In post 19772, davesaz wrote:Oso, I think your portal catches you on fire because it's below "sea level" in the nether. Just a guess but it's the best guess I have.
Recommend breaking the nether side portal, building a new one higher up, and going back through to OW to link the new one.
If that's not enough you might need to break on both ends and build the OW side higher.
I'll give that a try and see what happens.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19827 (isolation #143) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:20 am

Post by Oso »

We may need to update RFTools Dimensions.

https://github.com/McJty/RFTools/issues/1563

Granted we are not playing the Modern Skyblock 2 pack so the conflict described there may not be present in DW20's pack. I just thought I'd mention it. I ran across the issue there randomly looking for updated 1.12.2 info on RFTool Dims and I plan on making a Dimesional Shards Dimlet when I get makings for it.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19835 (isolation #144) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:27 pm

Post by Oso »

Well, I'd say maybe re-download it and make sure you have the proper version of the pack. Which is v1.4 (wich is not the recommended version) using Forge .2566. If you did that intially and you have those all right, I have no clue as to what is causing it.

Also, #mafiacraft on esper.net IRC. If you are IRC capable, you might want to pop in there.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19840 (isolation #145) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by Oso »

Speaking of ETL, I've been using her End Portal. Something wrong there with the base. FPS down to about 3-5 FPS
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19906 (isolation #146) » Fri May 11, 2018 4:03 am

Post by Oso »

Been a busy week. Should have some time to play sat/sun though.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19958 (isolation #147) » Wed May 16, 2018 7:19 pm

Post by Oso »

I didn't see it mentioned but it may be considered standard now.

RFTools and RFControl would be good. I like RFDiimesnsions as well but they can OP so if left out that is not a huge deal. I think there are ways to get dim shards in the latest versions of RFTools that don't require dimensions.

As to the Tech Reborn, I'm for that. The current server we have I never did come off IC2 for ore processing so EU or RF ore processing I'm good with.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19992 (isolation #148) » Thu May 17, 2018 11:13 am

Post by Oso »

RS vs AE2..Have an opinion but ultimately both do the same same thing. My personal preference is AE2 but I do like tinkering with things. The AE2 channels do make you think about your layout. But, as we all know both do the same thing. Given a choice I prefer AE2.

[To clarify, given both are in the pack I'm more likely to use AE2 than RS, personally :) ]
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19993 (isolation #149) » Thu May 17, 2018 11:23 am

Post by Oso »

Oh, and if you are going to include Nuclearcraft please (Please) include Immersive engineering. I know a few player think IE' s Excavator is OP but seriously, NC's Thorium worldgen is not enough to sustain any sort of decent RF generation over time.

And by the above I mean, Uranium. It can be used as a primary source of fuel.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19997 (isolation #150) » Thu May 17, 2018 2:15 pm

Post by Oso »

Misunderstanding. I like Nuclearcraft. I think it is a pretty cool mod. The main point was if it is included, include a mod a mod that will let it work. Like IE. Otherwise turn up the world gen where it will work. As far as NC goes, I don't really care where it is included or not, but if it is, make it where it can actually work.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20003 (isolation #151) » Thu May 17, 2018 2:56 pm

Post by Oso »

NC oregen is pretty specific. It is in layers and most of that is <Y20 but, if you include IC2 or Immersive Engineering, the main fuel source is covered. The only concern after than would be making sure there is enough Boron and Lithium to make the auxiliary stuff. Which it seems the mod does that enough by default.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20004 (isolation #152) » Thu May 17, 2018 3:01 pm

Post by Oso »

Again, I will say again, I like Nuclearcraft and hope it is included but if it isn't, I'm not gonna go off in a corner and cry. The main point was if it is included, then add in IC2 or IE<-My Preference as it adds way much more than than ore gen, to make it actually worth getting into NC with. The default Thorium gen that NC does is no where close to being ablr to run the mod (by Revalations standards) without a mod a kick up fuel gen....i.e Uranium.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20043 (isolation #153) » Mon May 21, 2018 4:01 am

Post by Oso »

In post 20039, Psyche wrote:guys im nervous
getting all the modded stuff seems hard
There is a learning curve for sure but not as bad as it looks to be. Just pretend it is vanilla and initially play vanilla and then pick a mod (Tinker's is a good one) and start building from there.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20186 (isolation #154) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by Oso »

Was Deep Resonance ever added? Or did it not make the cut? Mek does have fusion for end stage power.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20196 (isolation #155) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:23 pm

Post by Oso »

I'm having trouble getting onto IRC. Did something change? Reason I ask is to make sure is something on my end, not something that might have changed on the IRC end.

(Before I start tearing my software apart :P )
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20198 (isolation #156) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:37 am

Post by Oso »

Yeah, for some reason no matter what room I join I stay connected briefly and then it shows I quit. Later today I'm going to switch to Chatzilla then blow out Hexchat and reload it.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20276 (isolation #157) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:40 pm

Post by Oso »

It's lonely here on the server and in IRC. (Not that I have been active past the last 2-3 days).
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20277 (isolation #158) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by Oso »

Is the server down? I keep getting this message.

'Failed to connect to the server'
'Disconnected'

Checked everything from my end so pretty sure it isn't my software/hardware screwing up.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20282 (isolation #159) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:11 am

Post by Oso »

-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20606 (isolation #160) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:56 am

Post by Oso »

Damn, that is a lot of ore. Is that Thaum Cinnabar I see as well? Or am I finally going blind?
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20608 (isolation #161) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:07 am

Post by Oso »

I might. Having a lot of fun with Rimworld/Raft/Kerbal Space Program and Farming Simulator 19 at the moment. Not kidding myself though, the Minecraft jones will likely become overpowering here pretty quick :D
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20630 (isolation #162) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:39 pm

Post by Oso »

In post 20629, Maestro wrote:Don't build ugly stuff.
Just build underground. :P Not sure if it is an issue in this pack, but fill in your quarries. You'll be fine.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20632 (isolation #163) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:49 pm

Post by Oso »

I haven't got a handle on that myself. Basically I stayed away from the 'Direwolf20 9x9's' if you have ever seen any of his videos. Tried to put some thought into above ground structures and tried to make them look better than just a square building with a flat roof. Past that, I am still pretty clueless myself.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20666 (isolation #164) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:13 pm

Post by Oso »

In post 20655, Maestro wrote:I would play that Sky Odyssey pack maybe
I've installed Sky Odyssey, I like it.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20668 (isolation #165) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:24 pm

Post by Oso »

Twitch didn't load for me, no matter what I tried. Once I downloaded it and switched to MultiMC it worked fine.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20669 (isolation #166) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:25 pm

Post by Oso »

And by switched, I mean I moved the whole instance to MultiMC.
-

Return to “The Arcade”