Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2525 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:44 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2510, Enter wrote:mastina is slowly losing towncred.
+1

She is just fencesitting and not taking a stand on anything, which is what I tend to do as scum, because then I’m not responsible for any bad pushes or reads. She is even putting her sheep townread on me, while questioning how “obvtown” I am - this despite being scummates with sheep in that game. While sheep comes straight out and says he thinks she’s town, Mastina just hedges on nearly every single goddamned read.

It’s tvt wagon, town will be mislynched. Oh noes, keeps her vote on Dannflor. :shifty:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2526 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:49 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2516, mastina wrote:
In post 2511, Wagonomics wrote:For the record, if mastina continues quoting her own posts to comment on them, I will compromise on an investment on her.
Hmm have I made that post yet in this game or will I need to make it and then quote it? Lesse here...
In post 2135, mastina wrote:I will be making FULL use of the lack of deadline. I can only read AT MOST 20 pages a day and may not be able to read every single day (for instance, today), but I WILL be able to play at a decent rate, given the requisite time.
No, not it.
In post 2313, mastina wrote:
In post 2295, Wagonomics wrote:I can't vig mastina until she announces that she is the greatest scum player of all time and that it is impossible to wagon her.
I am the greatest scum player of all time and it is impossible to wagon me. :cool:
No, no, wrong thing I'm going for. That IS a stock phrase to use/quote, but not the one I'm after. Uhh...

Nope, haven't made it this game.

Time to remedy that!

The generic stock rant I was aiming to quote here is:
I am not aiming to look town; I am aiming to lynch scum
. Let my actions do the speaking there.

I forget the full ramble, I know it's more than a line long, but oh well that's good enough!
That’s exactly what aiming to look town reads like. What you really sound like is , “I don’t want to take any responsibility for my reads or votes”.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2527 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:36 pm

Post by Wisdom »

so can we lynch ausuka now
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2528 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:05 am

Post by light_ganski »

UNVOTE:

Danflors entry isn't townie but I'll give him the chance to convince me with the rest of his analysis
A work in progress

"The philosophers have hitherto only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point, however, is to change it".
Trekkie99
Trekkie99
Goon
Trekkie99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2529 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:38 am

Post by Trekkie99 »

UNVOTE:
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2530 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:35 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2527, Wisdom wrote:so can we lynch ausuka now
I’m not voting ANYONE without a convincing case. I would ask why you are so fixated on Ausuka as the lynch but I already know, you won’t bother to explain anything.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Purrcocet
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2531 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:50 am

Post by Purrcocet »

In post 2526, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
That’s exactly what aiming to look town reads like. What you really sound like is , “I don’t want to take any responsibility for my reads or votes”.

Listen Im going to speak 100% facts

- Its ok to fence sit as long as you do it across 5 posts and 2456 words

- For the world to be made right the evil that is me must be vanquished
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2532 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:45 am

Post by mastina »

I[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=10675338#p10675338]post 2518[/url], Wagonomics wrote:I do think there's a chance Xtoxm is wrong about you because I feel like you were not very much into lulzy shitposting as scum before.
Used to not be, but then I got so sick of scum roles I threw up my hands in a "I no longer give a fuhttps://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Natural_Action_Resolution/Normal_Gameck" way, so alas, the towntell no longer holds. Nothing I've done this game, I haven't done in a recent scumgame, so really, the closest to a towntell for me this game is that this game's a conglomeration of prior scumgames in style. :P (Since I only use the same trick once, using the past tricks of all recent prior scumgames would be violating my standards.)

Err fuck phoneposting, I just broke my post and don't know how to fix it, posting as is and will fix it when I get home tonight.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2533 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:55 am

Post by mastina »

Nancy I appreciate you but your reading comprehension continues to be absolute shit.

You are one of my strongest townreads. I wasn't asking how obvtown I should treat you; I was asking how obvtown OTHERS have treated you, which should be stupidly self evident as to why I it makes a difference.

A player targeting someone who they know will live due to not being a likely night kill is more likely town; a player targeting someone who's obvtown enough where their target could eat the nightkill is likely scum, who knew that their target would live, making it a pocketing attempt. Thus my stupidly self-obvious question; the answer makes a difference in his alignment. Since it sounds like you are indeed that obvtown to others, it makes Purrcocet more likely scum.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2534 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:59 am

Post by mastina »

Also stop being hypocritical. You ranted about people who didn't sheep your strong read that game (the worst as town), but now are complaining about the fact that I AM sheeping the read.

You've been in the game, I haven't. You've seen all his posts, I've seen only the ones since I replaced in: too few to accurately pin him down. Why WOULDN'T I sheep you on sheep? You'd be the expert there.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2535 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:24 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2508, Wagonomics wrote:That's really interesting. I guess partly I thought it was interesting the way you constructed the list (where you seemed to be consciously thinking about claims, which might have been easy to miss or forget on a quick skim). I also thought it was a bit interesting that you seemed to grapple onto specific posts.
I had a lot of free time yesterday and a good memory. I did mark down the roles of the dead players and the neighborhood (because I wanted to keep track of who those players were as I read through) straight away. The rest of the claims I just made a mental note of as I went. I didn't see the fruit vendor until I started ISOing people, so I might have missed other small things like that?
In post 2507, mastina wrote:What.
The words you say are in a vacuum my own beliefs but in context are divorced from reality.
Effort != alignment. I am the strongest proponent of this on site. Literally THE strongest proponent, I know this better than anyone else, I fucking invented the expression for god's sake.
Effort does not equal alignment, of course, I would completely agree with you there. However, that doesn't change the fact that I think many players are likely to (even subconsciously) associate that effort with town. If you are town, I would have expected that energy when you entered the game to be used literally elsewhere, instead of something that's basically fluff.

The reason your attitude right now gives me bad vibes is because it's eerily similar to Sheep's "heh heh idk what to rlly think about leodanny guys" before voting him, for which I scum read him heavily. The fact that you actually scum read my slot makes me feel better about this than say the Sheep situation, but the way you are framing it as a "third axis read" where you're just going along with other player's reads makes it really easy to have plausible deniability, and that feels icky to me.
In post 2520, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I just finished a game with scum!sheep and he acted completely different than here but I otherwise like this. post so . . .
Hm, interesting. Do you have a link to that game?

This is the one I'm using as my frame of reference: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78097
In post 2531, Purrcocet wrote:- Its ok to fence sit as long as you do it across 5 posts and 2456 words
is this sarcasm
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2536 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:39 am

Post by mastina »

BTW I do have an undisclosed potential scumread on a certain player, outside of the players I've called town/scum (so, in the middle section of my reads).

Sec, lemme illustrate.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2537 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:50 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2314, mastina wrote:Wisdom
Nancy Drew 39
vonflare
Party Boat
Flavor Leaf
Kokichi Oma

Enter
sheepsaysmeep
Wagonomics
Vaxkiller
Ausuka
light_ganski
Jingle
Purrcocet

Trekkie99
Gamma Emerald
TheBrie
singletonking
Saudade
Xtoxm

Okay so the names from pretty much Party Boat to light are highly flexible and in the bottom six the names there are largely interchangeable meaning this list is a rough of roughest drafts for a readslist but hey, it's here.
So Kokichi should be a tier below the top, but NOT the middle tier, in a new second tier. I'm not sure if anyone joins him there or not; candidates are Enter, sheep, and Wagonomics. If any of them aren't joining Kokichi in the new second tier, they instead form a third tier, leaving a mostly unchanged former middle tier as fourth tier/second from bottom tier. This pile contains the secret scumread.

Purrcocet and Dannflor are an either/or now. I don't think that they're both scum, but I DO think one IS scum.

Xtoxm and singleton are strong enough scumreads to almost warrant their own tier. Plus the scum in Dann/Purr. The remaining 3, Gamma/Brie/Trekkie, are interchangeable.

I'd give the list properly if not phoneposting and pressed for time.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2538 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:26 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

this feels a lot like town!dann already even from the first post alone (i did a meta dive on him in the trekkie game leaned earlier ps trekkie is still villa)

and i'd honestly expect him to have that type of w read on me with the meta information he has
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2539 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:30 am

Post by Jingle »

I am extremely annoyed that you all have taken someone out of hammer range and demand that a new wagon that I can hammer be arranged in the next 48 hours.
This is a Parachute.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2540 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:36 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 2362, Party Boat wrote:
In post 2361, Ausuka wrote:
In post 2359, Party Boat wrote:
Ausuka wrote: i have better reads now though? and since i'm a wagon i have to at least try and produce content to make people tr me, that goes for either alignment. And like am I not supposed to talk about my scumreads because that's news to me?
?

so like

what "better" reads do you have now exactly
I meant that I have stronger reads, as in two scumreads I believe in rather than just one and I feel more strongly about both. that was unclear sorry. I would argue that my Vax read is now better because I now have more evidence for it but that's an opinion.
so one is vax

is the other Saud or Gemerald or Xtomx or someone else b/c I can't really tell from your iso
and what makes you feel stronger about them now?
wisdom and i think i've explained it - to be clear i think he's intentionally refusing to engage or give any substance so he can just get by. i wouldn't expect town!wisdom to create walls or anything but i'd expect him to throw out a sentence or two occasionally and making pointless points that don't say anything. i feel stronger about them now because i didn't really know what to make of him before recently and now i think he's scum.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2541 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:39 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 2370, Wisdom wrote:say youre an apathetic townie

you see a wagon with 10 votes and one with 5

youll vote the one with 10 without bothering

so what im saying is, get votes on ausuka so apathetic townies can vote her instead of the lurker
I guess this could make sense if people like thought I was scum on a widescale level but as far as I can tell it's really just the wagon and party boat so ?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2542 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:39 am

Post by Wisdom »

scum wisdom is much better than this, find better excuses
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2543 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:41 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 2365, Wisdom wrote:get on ausuka and the people who are actually town on there will follow
In post 2367, Wisdom wrote:They will because ausuka is actually scum while saudade is just bait people are apathetically voting to end the day
then you're having a bad game. that doesn't mean much to me.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2544 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:42 am

Post by Ausuka »

zzz those quotes shouldn't be there sorry.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #2545 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:43 am

Post by Xtoxm »

hey ausuka help the mastina wagon grow?
i'll consider not sheeping wisdom on you
i have a high opinion of his scumhunting so this is good offer
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2546 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:46 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 2402, Purrcocet wrote:Vaxkiller is also a good lynch

That push on Ausuka is really flimsy and 2316 doesn't make sense
In post 2431, Purrcocet wrote:
In post 2403, TheBrie wrote:
In post 2402, Purrcocet wrote:Vaxkiller is also a good lynch

That push on Ausuka is really flimsy and 2316 doesn't make sense
Spoiler: post 2316
In post 2316, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 2287, Ausuka wrote:
In post 2222, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 2044, Kokichi Oma wrote:My ic activates at night and reveals day 3. Dont block me n2 just in case
I don't like this at all. Why would scum (or anyone for that matter) block a claimed IC? You SAYING this, ESPECIALLY after gamma just claiming roleblocker is friggin HIGHLY suspect. Why would town you do this? The answer: they wouldn't.
if you don't think anyone would block kokichi, what's scum!kokichi's motivation for saying this at all?

Wisdom is scum too btw.
I think you might be scum ausuka. Your thinking here seems to show you KNOW kochiki is town and cant see him as scum. scum!kochiki knows hes not an IC, so he has to make up something, and saying stuff like , "lol i hope i don;t get blocked cause it activates at night lol" is an explanation for why he WOULDN'T be an IC tomorrow.

Agree, the post don't make much sense. I thinik Ausuka's point is that it there's no reason for town!kokichi to say this, and Vax seems to be sayign that it only doesn't make sense if you think kokichi is town. But when someone makes a post that only makes sense as scum, Ausuka's reaction (or why would you say that if you were town) is perfectly normal.
(For the record, there are some potential reasons for Kokichi to do it as town, so it's nearly NAI, but that's besides the point of Vax and Ausuka)
It looks bad with the rest of his iso which looks bad in general, it's very non-committal.
Vax is the lynch Saudade slot should be

I don't see any reason he isn't besides the fact that Wisdom townreads him which...... wisdom is scum
yes. thank youu

pedit: I mean if I get a sr on mastina sure but I don't really right now so...

From what I've seen I need to change my vote though so;

VOTE: Vax
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2547 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:48 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 2432, singletonking wrote:Guys can we seriously not lynch someone in the process of getting replaced
Why not?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #2548 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:50 am

Post by vonflare »

applesauce
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2549 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:01 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 2498, Dannflor wrote:However, I don't like post #2354 from Ausuka. It feeds into the BS narrative that we HAVE to lynch either my slot or Ausuka today which... I feel is being pushed by scum (more on that later). This is no deadlines mafia, having "no reason to town read someone" is not the best excuse to lynch someone. This would make more sense in a game with deadlines. However, I'm willing to give it a pass because of the heavy narrative being pressed that we NEED a lynch soon and that the game is stalling out.
I think it's more that everyone's feeling exhausted and wants new info than the fact that we "need" a lynch. Of course we don't have to lynch either slot, but other wagons seemed hard to reach and actual good wagons besides that seemed even more far away based on current reads; besides it looked like I would be lynched if not your slot and sorry, but I'd rather sacrifice a slot I don't know is town than my own. The gamestate did feel sort of stalled what with everyone being tired, and even it goes places I don't necessarily think it'll go to better places. And I know that it's not just a scum tactic, because I feel it as well. There's a reason deadlines exist, people get apathetic without them.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”