Gravity - a philosophical meditation

This forum is for discussion about anything else.

Would you have closed 'Mafia on a Plane' (no IP correlation with banned-7-years-prior name-alike)?

Would've closed and banned
33%
Would've banned, leaving it open for Facet to host; who was doing just fine
No votes
Wouldn't have banned the original poster, but would've closed the game thread
No votes
Wouldn't have interfered as a mod, would've perhaps /in-ed or co-hosted instead
33%
Would've closed and banned, but after a change of heart would've reopened the thread
No votes
Would've closed and banned, but after a change of heart would've reopened the thread and also would've provided assistance, among others, with mod-prerogative formatting features
33%

Total votes: 3

Definition
Definition
Townie
Definition
Townie
Townie

Gravity - a philosophical meditation

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:42 am

Post by Definition »

Welcome everybody. Thank you for joining this discussion. Our topic is gravity; and, to start off, I'm going to define what gravity is - in the philosophical sense.

Gravity is the force that binds together the elements that witnessed God's manifestation, revelation - in order to make it relevant / keep it relevant for existence. The elements become messengers we call angels; a particular brand of angel - they propagate the gravitational essence. And by taking over the minds and hearts of the people --taking over as in inspiring us to further existence-- they bring about the synergy for which the manifestation, the revelation has a solution (on how to make it a reality).

The solution we adopt we can make work, make happen in our lives to receive love - insight and courage. Because love, as we all know, is the delicate balance between insight and courage, one cannot manifest love by knowing it, by understanding it - for God is sterile of this world, most of the time. Only in particular instances does this world converge with God's dimension. Therefore, when we do understand God, we need to search for the part of our world that functions as its receptacle, in order to be capacitated and do, realize, bring forth, manifest exactly, or closely, as much as one can, that beneficial, constructive help - solution.

To effectively fulfill its purpose of cutting down stupidity, gravity can manifest in many different forms. People tend to converge, to congregate when there's a potential for God's love. Our strategy and tactics may differ (so, ideally, we won't compromize), but when we're unable to be part of God --indicated by the imperfection of the world we're living in-- we have to compromize intelligently. For that, we need to observe, emulate, empathize and of course dare to change - to bring about change; let it happen, actively seek it out and enjoy it! (because without enjoying it we cannot condition our physical form into maintaining enthusiasm)
Last edited by Definition on Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:50 am

Post by Creature »

I'm atheist though...
Sigh
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:36 am

Post by Allomancer »

^

Didn't want to say it to seem like an edge lord, but now it's out there.
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

"This might be the worst hydra I've seen in all of mafiascum history."—
T-bone

"idk, you don't feel like an easy mislynch"—
Creature
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:57 am

Post by Creature »

You shouldn't care about sounding like an edge lord.
Sigh
Definition
Definition
Townie
Definition
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:11 am

Post by Definition »

The word God is best interpreted as a placeholder, not necessarily to be confused with religious uses thereof. Consider the following definition: God is the niche of existence which is the superlative of awesomeness. You can be part of it when you achieve close to maximum yield of your limited resources. Love starts above all else with the curiosity of how to succeed in being part of the niche to the highest degree possible, and that curiosity gets rewarded with wisdom and the sensation of working towards a high score.

Take any moment in time when people do something obviously awesome (watch a people are awesome compilation on youtube or something), like when you try to land a trick on your skateboard and you nail it just right that one time out of 10000 - to name a banal example. Basically what happened, using this reasoning, is God took your form, or you made God-level. It's best to define God as the niche of existence (so you don't have to deal with the issue of him being real or not) that you can be part of if you tap into this awesomeness zone; because that's what you and everyone else would do with omnipotence.. be as awesome as it gets, to show the people how it's done, i.e. what the maximum yield of one's limited capacity in a particular moment in time is.

Stupidity, by contrast, is punished by getting disconnected from various aspects of the niche. Stupid people are simpletons, who are left with nothing to strive for except alleviation from sensory discomfort - always on the defensive, always reactive instead of proactive. They're in hell, because no living creature can disconnect its sense of contribution to the whole without disconnecting from it entirely. But never confuse hell with hardship - some are simply living life on a higher difficulty level than others and might seem incapacitated just before they overtake everyone else and provide existence with unmatched dynamics of awesomeness.

With this approach there's no place for uncertainty, since you know that existence exists (and finding God is a matter of searching, doing and living as opposed to faith). Likewise, maybe unconventional but definitely sensible, it makes sense to invoke intelligence for godlogic and stupidity. The universally true axiom of godlogic is of course that existence wants to take itself as far as possible - not in a temporal or spacial sense but rather ampleness, complexity and synergy of awesomeness. Stupidity is simply a failure to recognize and prioritize the fruition of that awesomeness - foretelling getting stuck with low levels of functionality and systematic negation of divine potential.
Definition
Definition
Townie
Definition
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:19 pm

Post by Definition »

By creating this thread on another site, I've opened a portal.

I'm relaying the responses from here to there, and am posting the slightly altered echo, along with responses from there, back here, and vice-versa.
#2: wrote:Very well but let us start by redefining gravity - in the philosophical sense

Gravity is piss and poo
#3: wrote:I'm atheist though...
#4: wrote:Didn't want to say it to seem like an edge lord, but now it's out there.
#5: wrote:You shouldn't care about sounding like an edge lord.
#6: wrote:do u ever 'edge' ur poop?
#7: wrote:
Very well but let us start by redefining gravity - in the philosophical sense

Gravity is piss and poo
Wait, piss AND poo?
do u ever 'edge' ur poop?
Now it's "poop"; so "poo" + "piss" = "poop" = "gravity"?

It's not unusual for toilet humor to be the subject of congregation, therefore the social equivalent of gravity - in the scientific sense. Coincidentally, I consider a streamer who is very open and nonchalant when talking about aforementioned excretions to have the most entertaining channel on twitch atm. To answer your question, I probably should start to 'edge' my poop.
Original Message From OP: wrote: what the maximum yield of one's limited capacity in a particular moment in time is.
.. it might increase capacity and maximize yield.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:21 pm

Post by Creature »

Did you open it on Reddit?
Sigh
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by Invisibility »

gravity is what makes stuff fall down
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:02 pm

Post by Creature »

I'm actually interested in the dialogue between forums
Sigh
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:22 pm

Post by Invisibility »

hi other forum!!!!!!!
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:39 pm

Post by Creature »

Well, I already know what's the other forum, but whatever.
Sigh
Definition
Definition
Townie
Definition
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:06 pm

Post by Definition »

Btw, it's intra-MS, but you should check out the mish mash I'm trying to lure some players for.
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:52 pm

Post by Allomancer »

wait where is the other forum? reddit?
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:07 pm

Post by Creature »

Google is your friend

Use it well
Sigh
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:09 pm

Post by Allomancer »

wait what? so are you allhailhydragod or facet @Definition?
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:01 pm

Post by Invisibility »

this is what i found when searching https://quizlet.com/125565113/midterm-d ... ash-cards/
tbf i use bing
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:58 am

Post by Majiffy »

God is a dated philosophical placeholder for metaphysical universalism ala Descartes

Fuck universalism
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:28 pm

Post by Invisibility »

definition how should i appreciate gravity?
like should i view it as the thing that allows me to exist?
Charles510
Charles510
he
Goon
Charles510
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:25 pm

Post by Charles510 »

Gravity is a curve in spacetime caused by the presence of mass and energy according to Einstein's General Theory of Relativity.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:26 pm

Post by Psyche »

this thread is really vintage
Definition
Definition
Townie
Definition
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:33 pm

Post by Definition »

#9:
Stairway to Heaven

in a tree by the brook..
there is a snitch who snitches....

`sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven `

#10: gravity is what makes poop fall down
In post 14, Allomancer wrote:wait what? so are you allhailhydragod or facet @Definition?
Facet is a welcoming hydra. AHHG is a hydra with mod privileges - the password is nearly impossible to deduce without insider knowledge. They are vestiges of forum mafia games played inconspicuously, in-tandem with the ongoing discussions of the time, in regular forum threads, sometimes in the mafia subforum too (mafiaception). Semi-persistent, communist-account constellations enabled interesting mechanics, immersion and consequences - lynched, shot or stabbed players would get locked down, or they were excluded from access updates to scum's mod-privileged hydra (for kills), and the loser folk and modkilled got their personal accounts marked for lockdown or a permaban (which was fun because they had to behave accordingly to warrant it first, as their performance got rated by the winners anticipating a flamboyant spectacle)

#11: Two girls, one fundamental force of nature.
Image - victory / skill emote, flashed when rubbing in salt and bragging about incoming TL+ subscription gifts - for secretly collaborative-effort posts.
Speaking of fundamentals, fun fact: you might be familiar with anchoring on sites like mafiascum, where the declaration and deployment aren't two separate actions; resulting in a visible declaration-link amalgamation exactly where the teleporting reader arrives at. Not so on teamliquid.net - the declaration of the "name" (quoted to refer to its unlimited scope and content intricacy's potential) is rendered invisible, as long as the magic sustaining |anchor|peek-a-boo|/anchor| pillars are intact! Not only is the anchor bbcode on teamliquid.net unlimited with regard to potential plain text content within its tags, one can also include links, quotes or spoilers - basically any kind of formatting.

This is unusual, since the apparent use of the feature is to just teleport the reader to a particular passage of text; so why would one use additional formatting codes when all that is needed to achieve said purpose is a name, apparently the shorter the better, right? Quote the post or PM, disrupt the tags and preview the result in order to activate the additional formatting codes. As for "public" profile pages, the only people who can influence the display of a teamliquid forumite's profile page (other than that very user) are those with the privilege to do so --mods, admins, the owners-- while nobody else can quote and thus check it for
Spoiler:
hidden shenanigans]Image

#12: Well I'm confused.
In post 17, Invisibility wrote:definition how should i appreciate gravity?
like should i view it as the thing that allows me to exist?
Fun fiction (" "?): with the 2018 addition to TL.net's spectrum of liquibet bookkeeping subjects, the FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) World Cup, and the subsequent winners payout during Starcraft's 20th Anniversary Moscow LAN now behind us, #12 might be wondering exactly how profitable it was for our favorite, friendly neighborhood seahorse to not only facilitate globalized machinations, involving sports giants like Michael Jordan (and the beneficiaries of his loss). No matter how smart he thinks he is, to have the luxury of preoccupying his cognition with estimating the extent of monetary compensation for the central processing, wiring and cover-up agency, governing --on the down low, in semi-plain sight-- the resulting redistribution of wealth, stupidity has dulled his sense of gravity. Where's the appreciation for the receptacle? Where is the love?
Spoiler: https://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=27228131

Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:11 pm

Post by Invisibility »

i read my name
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:11 pm

Post by Invisibility »

but it wasnt me now i am cryinf
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:23 pm

Post by Allomancer »

In post 20, Definition wrote:Facet is a welcoming hydra. AHHG is a hydra with mod privileges - the password is nearly impossible to deduce without insider knowledge. They are vestiges of forum mafia games played inconspicuously, in-tandem with the ongoing discussions of the time, in regular forum threads, sometimes in the mafia subforum too (mafiaception). Semi-persistent, communist-account constellations enabled interesting mechanics, immersion and consequences - lynched, shot or stabbed players would get locked down, or they were excluded from access updates to scum's mod-privileged hydra (for kills), and the loser folk and modkilled got their personal accounts marked for lockdown or a permaban (which was fun because they had to behave accordingly to warrant it first, as their performance got rated by the winners anticipating a flamboyant spectacle)
Wait what? can you explain this more?
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:58 pm

Post by Annadog40 »

Gravity is working agienst us
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.

Return to “General Discussion”