Amstaad Mafia's Scum Bar

Amstaad
was
IS an attempt at a site-written and site-run RPG that started back in the early days of the site.
It is currently being resurrected - inquire within if you want to help or play!
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Amstaad Mafia's Scum Bar

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:10 pm

Post by Annadog40 »

I wonder what the forum would be like with an Amstaad flavor. I was thinking of having it be a gaming bar in the Uhura quarter. Diffrent sections being different rooms.

The reason for the bar's name is that Mafia is Mith's last name. He is a Briaf which is the most common demographic in the city. He would of traveled to Amstaad and established the bar nearly twenty years ago.

The Mafia Scum had a sudden change in management several years ago when the tigers attacked. Mith vanished and the Mafia Scum was left to two co-owners.

Zoraster the Tik-Tuk and Kison the half elf, half dwarf.

Tik-Tuk are known for loving otters which is why Zoraster is one of them.

And together they manage the bar. Their differing strengthens work nicely.

These are the tales of the Mafia Scum through the years.
Last edited by Annadog40 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:58 am

Post by Invisibility »

What if I was more of a twist on Mafiascum. Like Mafia's Scum? This way it can be referred to without confusion.
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:23 am

Post by Annadog40 »

Yah, better to add a second s.

I was thinking as a story to adapt Chickadee's title nomination as a simple little story.
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:13 am

Post by Annadog40 »

Ok, how is this as a start?

Deep in the Uhura quarter, Mafia’s Scum was a flurry of activity. Several of the regular members, who are called scummers, had just returned from a trip to the small northern town of Ilanfest. Not only that but this day is the first title ceremony since their return.

The title ceremony is decade long tradition where once a week, the ruler of the titles, called the title fairy, would open up the sacred room of titling and various scummers could nominate and vote for titles for other scummers. Obtaining a title was an honor of the highest degree among those at Mafia’s Scum despite the titles not being recognized outside of the Uhura quarter.

Each of the past title fairies put a different spin on the process and the room itself and the latest title fairy, a Slith who goes by DeathRowKitty, was no exception. The room of titles had a series of complex enchantments put in place to allow the title fairy to customize the appearance of the room to suit their needs.

The room now looked like an enchanted wetland. The walls had gently flowing waterfalls all pouring into a small pool below the glass floor. The room was lit by several glowing balls of light softly floating along. There were several rows of tables and chairs arranged in a semi circle pointing towards a large stage with a podium on it. The tables had lily pads but only the podium had a lily pad with a flower on it.

Currently DeathRowKitty stood behind the podium poking at the lily pad flower. Behind her, the waterfall parted revealing a light green board surrounded by darker green vines. On the top of the board read the words, “Titles and their Nominations”.

Once the board appeared, DeathRowKitty looked back and nodded. Another section of the waterfall opened up revealing a moss covered door. The instant said door appeared, a large mass of people poured into the room. The people were all shapes, sizes and species. They all settled themselves in the chairs behind individual lily pads. Once the room was full. DeathRowKitty put her hands on the lily pad flower and said,

“Let the title nominations begin”
This is my life now

Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:35 am

Post by Annadog40 »

I transcribed a section of the thread, what r ur thoughts

All of the lily pads glowed briefly then dimmed.

One briaf sitting in the second who went by Majiffy stood and put his hand palm down on his lily pad, “Nom Chickadee for pew pew” He bellowed.

The board began to glow as the name Chickadee became embedded onto it, under her name was pew pew. Chickadee’s lily pad turned black, the indication that she was not supposed to weigh in on her title.

“Second,” The aerin Annadog40 chirped, putting her wing on her lily pad

They both had gone on the Ilanfest trip as had the elf vonflare who said “third”

As these nominations came in, tally marks appeared next to the nomination.

“forth” a second briaf, Maruchan said hand on lily pad.

The string of nominations was broken up by McMenno the dwarf who looked at Majiffy puzzled, “Explanation for those who weren't there?”

“pew pew” was vonflare’s glib reply. He then continued to repeat the phase to himself.

Annadog40’s replied more helpfully, “She is a sling shot god”

“And by this we mean she knows more about slingshot mechanics than most people at the event.” Majiffy clarified.

vonflare stopped his pewing and said, “laughing my ass off not even the event organizer knew about all the by-laws chick was referencing” vonflare shrugged” those silly kids using pebbles instead of marble balls”

“Anti-nom” Inferno390 a briaf said hand on lily pad. A second tally mark section appeared next to the first section.

“Since that this is related to one specific incident that only a handful of people will understand
Don’t think it works” Inferno390 concluded.

“the entire point of titles but okay” Ginngie a briaf who didn’t go to Ilanfest said.

“The entirety of the Ilanfest trip? So like ~20 heavily regular patrons?” Majiffy responded.

psyche, the former title fairy, looked up from his book and sighed, “you guys invest so little effort into your noms and then get so snarky when someone outside the nomming clique says they don't really see the appeal”

“I mean behind the scenes I was trying to think something to do with slingshots and art in order to relate more to chick, but okay” Ginngie countered.

Irrelephant11, a dwarf who didn’t go to Ilanfest said with his hand on his lilypad, “nth Pew Pew. It's fun! I wasn't there but it takes two seconds to explain and I like it. It says something fun about Chickadee and I can't think of any ways to misinterpret it as somehow having a different connotation than "fun!"”

“I like the title,” vonflare said, “I think it would be very difficult to come up with a title that incorporates both bones and slingshot, and we already tried to think of a title that's just bones awhile ago, so lets try a title that's just sling shot.”

Majiffy nodded, “There were and are definitely event-specific scummer titles so it's not like we're treading new territory here.”

A Slith called Creature muttered in the back, “me needs a new title”, Louder, he asked, “Aren't they like 50% of the titles?”

“I don't think so, they're not common but not nonexistent either” vonflare answerd

Maruchan stood up and delivered a monologue “reasons I think this is good title:

First, Sling Shot is a Big Deal to chickadee, so I think relating her time in Mafia’s Scum life to her life outside of the bar will be something she appreciates, in that it incorporates an aspect of her personal identity that for many years held extremely high value to her.
Second, She literally knows more about sling shot than anyone else I have ever met in my life, and not just at this place, or on this one event or etc. There are apparently four majorly-used sling shot variants allowed in most tournament events, and she is quite familiar with all of them, and the differences between them. Her favorite brand of sling shot she is beyond knowledgeable about, to the point she was teaching the event organizers about their very own equipment
Third, With the sole exception of myself (and even then only in about half of the rounds), she was the top contestant and won the whole event, and in most rounds scored in the realm of TWICE the next highest contestant's score (bar myself for the games where i was rivaling/exceeding her slightly). (I only rivaled her even because I was nearly as enthusiastic about sling shots when I was younger, but with less focus on the learning about the mechanics and more focus on just the shooting)
Forth, Outside of the overall specificity of the title, I think there is a more specific round (the first round we played) that had a notable event to myself that I will always think of when seeing this title. We literally tied to the SINGLE point in our first round of the sling shot event, while the next highest contestant was multiple thousands of points behind either of us. We both score 14,109 points each in the first round. That was so hilariously random that I don't think I'll ever forget it.
Fith, A rather large portion of those scummers who have access to the speakeasy are familiar with the trip and could see Chickadee's passion for sling shots from when it was first mentioned until it happened due to the various letters sent from the trip. We traveled 40 minutes away from our lodging to go to the larger vice a short walk to the closest little target practice place, purely off of chickadee's level of familiarity with sling shot events around the world.
Sixth, It's cute and fun and short and can be explained as simply "She's a goddess with sling shots", which is concise and doesn't take a long explanation.
And finally, Pew Pew!”” She proceeded to sit down.

DeathRowKitty, who had watched on quietly, put one hand in the air and another on the lily pad flower and said, “The current nomination seems to be very much the kind of thing where you really had to have been there. There's nothing about her presence in the bar that someone can recall at and say "oh yeah Chickadee's title is pew pew because of things like this". Either you were there or you weren't and if you weren't there, the explanation that she knew a lot about sling shot at on a trip with a few scummers is just....really boring and hardly even seems related to Chickadee's Mafia’s scum presence.”

More quietly she added, “Besides, you're supposed to annoy everyone with it first and have that catch on so you can claim it's not just a trip title..”

“but doing that is bad” vonflare countered.

“nth pew pew” xyzzy uttered with a hand on their lily pad, “even if you weren't on the trip, Chickadee's knowledge and enthusiasm for sling shots was a thing she'd talked about extensively elsewhere, so the "this is about one specific event" argument isn't even valid (note that I immediately responded during trip planing that she'd definitely be in for any sling shot related thing before she even saw the discussion about it—I saw the words "sling shot" and immediately knew that would be one of her top priorities because of how much it had been talked about).”

DeathRowKitty stared deeply into the lily flower, her eyes glowed pink briefly then spoke, “The records search gives three results of her mentioning slingshots in Mafia’s Scum, two of which are from the same day, and I can't recall hearing it discussed near by Mafia’s Scum, though that's certainly easier to miss. This does not at all seem "extensive".”

xyzzy recalled, “We actually talked about it back at my place, I live in the uhura district so it is quite close by and there was a group of scummers there at the time. I recall Maruchan bringing up the idea and I brought up Chickadee. That all happened within about a minute -- even before I committed to doing it myself, I was 100% sure Chickadee would do it from the moment sling shots were even brought up. "Chickadee really, really loves sling shots" was a known thing even before the trip.

“Reiterating that one person (you) associated Chickadee with slingshots doesn't further the idea that it's something she's known for in Mafia’s scum. It means that it's something you knew about her.” DeathRowKitty said while putting both hands on the lily flower, “Anyway, if others would like to chime in and correct the record for me, we can come back to this (preferably with something more clever than "pew pew"), but for now this is just a hard no.”

As soon as she said now, the board glowed then Chickadee, pew pew and all the tally marks vanished.
This is my life now

Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:20 pm

Post by Invisibility »

Ok, I think the concept of the title fairy being a thing in universe is really cool. Story is also great.
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:34 pm

Post by Annadog40 »

how would other areas be represented you think?
This is my life now

Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:44 pm

Post by Invisibility »

Mish Mash is a giant tent where people are playing all sorts of games.
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:58 pm

Post by Annadog40 »

I'm not sure how that would work in the middle of a city.
This is my life now

Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:23 pm

Post by Invisibility »

Hmm
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Annadog40 »

should I post this in the fanfic thread?
This is my life now

Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:29 pm

Post by Invisibility »

Nah
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:56 pm

Post by Annadog40 »

K
This is my life now

Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 8:22 am

Post by Annadog40 »

Let's jump in time a bit

Creak.

The title fairy door opened at its regular time for title nominations. The various scummers poured into the room as usual and took their seats.

The Titles and Nominations board was out and had the prospective title Banana Split for CaptainMeme and the names of those who nthed the nomination. The title was nominated during the last titling session but it was neither rejected or approved by DeathRowKitty before the end of the session.

What was an unusual site was the lack of said title fairy.

After a couple minutes of waiting, several scummers shifted in their seats. General muttering could be heard around the room until JunkoChan spoke

"nominate wgeurts for Yogurts" She said putting her hand on the lily pad in-front of her.

The nomination didn't appear on the board.

"What?" JunkoChan said confused.

"DeathRowKitty isn't here which means we can't nominate any titles." Annadog40 said.

xyzzy snarked, "remember back when DRK used to give people titles? me neither"

"This reign has been utterly perfect and if drk could be title fairy dictator I would support it" Elbirn said sitting back in his chair, "No fun allowed None of you"

"is drk even rly around anymore i swear i haven't seen her or is that just a case of different circles being frequented" Davsto said.

"no, her last post was a week ago, in this very thread" McMenno responded then stood up drawing everyone attention and shouted. "who wants a revolution"

Several scummers cheered, others grew nervous. Papa Zito, one of the appointed overseers of Mafia's Scum, left the room.

Creature stood up "If it includes getting rid of Title Monarchy, I'm down."

"Title republic." Annadog40 also joined in the standing up.

xyzzy not only stood up, but they went to the front of the room in front of everyone and said "here's my proposal: we alternate between two part sessions. the first half of a session, anyone can point out any other user who they think deserves to have a title (or deserves to have their current title reevaluated and possibly changed to something more current); during the second half of a session, the top 3 or so people from the first half are voted on, and a winner is chosen. the 2 people who are in the top 3 but aren't #1 can't be voted on for the next, say, 3 months, so that the nominations don't just stagnantly vote on the same people. during the second period, an open discussion of what would be a good title for that person happens -- realistically, there'll've already been discussion of potential titles for people before now, but this allows for more time for people to discuss it, and the nature of the discussion will obviously shift now that it's "hey, we're giving X person a title, what's a good title for them?" then, at the end of the second session, as long as that person accepts it, they get the title with the strongest consensus.

you'd still have a title fairy around (someone who, y'know, is actually active and participates) to ensure that, like, titles intended to insult the person who has the title are immediately knocked down, and there'd still be the option to just nominate someone directly when a really truly perfect title reveals itself, but this system would ensure that people who deserve titles actually get them. people will whine about how a few titles get through that don't perfectly encapsulate all aspects of a person's personality, but those people are boring and wrong."

There was silence for a moment when xyzzy finished their proposal.

"Wow!" cam from a briaf called Aristophanes who broke the silence, "ZedZee for Title Fairy IMO"

"asdmgasu,agd,jgdmhfbasd,jfgrd,jagshdmgfasfhggarsjfgagsadsgffgfadgsdfadg" vonflare said out of the blue.

Everyone chose to ignore vonflares comment.

The slith Creature said, "I was gonna suggest something more liberal."

"I would take this burden upon myself,,," McMenno offered.

"Giving people titles for the sake of giving them titles is a bad idea." said Haschel Cedricson as the first voice of opposition.

"Also this," Elbirn gestured to Haschel, "Do something interesting first u fucks"

"No u" vonflare pointed at Elbirn.

Elbirn shrugged, "Ya got me"

xyzzy countered Haschel's words with, "titles are a measure of which members of our community have contributed to that community by carving out a unique space and a clear, memorable, and enjoyable identity. the process of giving them out should reflect that."

Psyche also responded to Haschel with, "talking about titles for the sake of talking about titles, though! I miss that!"

"I remember when there were more controversial moments for titles." Creature said.

Annadog40 flew down to the front and began her monologue, "In Tǔdì, there is a political theory known as the ocean wave. Where rules will rise, peak then fall like the sea. It is said that the ruler had lost the the approval of nature. Once this happens, the rule is replaced by a new one where the wave rolls in again.

This trend can be seen in the past title fairies with title nominations flourishing during the start of a new title fairies term, over time the nominations wain and eventually, the fairy will give way to a new one.

Though this might be a bigger break than the past since title fairies normally choose who they wish to be the fairy. There are three paths I can see.

Deroki return and become more active in Mafa's Scum allowing her reign to become prosperous.
Deroki returns to select a new title fairy.
Deroki continues down this path and might get replaced by the overseers.

I don't think any title fairy has been chosen by someone other than a title fairy before. And these paths ignore the possibility that titling might change drastically. What times we live in."

Annadog40 flew back to her seat.

"Deroki" Alisae repeated, stunned.

"Her nickname." Annadog40 said.

Kublai Khan shook his head, "No. This should not be a thing."

Anandog40 giggled, "It's been around for years."

Before anyone could say anymore, Zoraster entered the room followed by Papa Zito. Zoraster held his arms out and said, "Closing this down as we look for a new title fairy. If you're interested follow me and I'll explain the application processes."

When he said this, the room swirled with various enchantments, the walls began to melt, the lily pads and other decoration melted back into the floor, tables and walls until the room was completely bare.

The scummers shuffled out after Zoraster until he was the last one remaining. With one last glance around the room, he shut the door behind him.
This is my life now

DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 9:53 am

Post by DeathNote »

You entertain me
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 10:39 am

Post by Invisibility »

I like it
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by vonflare »

asdmgasu,agd,jgdmhfbasd,jfgrd,jagshdmgfasfhggarsjfgagsadsgffgfadgsdfadg
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.

Return to “Amstaad, City of Fate”