Micro 843 - Pop Goes the Nightkill (Game Over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:51 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 521, CultOfAthena wrote: Also interested to hear what you think of Alisae's claiming an ability to read
reck
and eir townread there. It certainly won't stop me if it comes down to it, but it does give me pause.
This should be "Majiffy", not Reck.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:53 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 524, CultOfAthena wrote:Reck has done nothing except unilaterally declare Ari scum and then make conclusions based off of that
citation needed
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:57 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

please point to where it was so super obvious you were ride or die with voting alisae when it looked to me like you were engaging alisae and trying to form a read and then WHAM you voted

i think you're overstating how "obvious" it was what you were doing. in fact, looking at your posting around alisae at the end of the day yesterday, it looks pretty suspect that you were not taking a side either way? like you were just pushing on me and pushing on alisae but i can't seem to find where you stated a for sure committed read at any point

feel free to quote me and show me where im wrong
green shirt thursdays
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:58 am

Post by the worst »

In post 519, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 516, the worst wrote:What's tipping you off that this is certainly scum motivated rather than possibly town motivated?
I do not see town motivation in "oh this person just replaced in, let's kill them before they can contribute"

none. i dont see it at all. obviously they can't all be scum, but i have to believe at least one of them is. i dont think anyone anticipated i would get as livid about the maestro wagon as i did, there weren't any warning signs, so i dont see why scum wouldve avoided it.
You don't think Ali had produced enough content on the back of eir pred that it was reasonable to have a pretty solid read on that slot?

In hindsight I would've preferred the Ari lynch go through but I can't agree with this at all.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:58 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

also let's talk about people not reading when you're saying I've "unilaterally" declared Ari scum and have made conclusions based off of that when my desire to lynch you/PP has very little (if anything) to do with my read on ari
green shirt thursdays
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:02 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 527, xRECKONERx wrote:please point to where it was so super obvious you were ride or die with voting alisae when it looked to me like you were engaging alisae and trying to form a read and then WHAM you voted

i think you're overstating how "obvious" it was what you were doing. in fact, looking at your posting around alisae at the end of the day yesterday, it looks pretty suspect that you were not taking a side either way? like you were just pushing on me and pushing on alisae but i can't seem to find where you stated a for sure committed read at any point

feel free to quote me and show me where im wrong
Spoiler: Bolded, for your viewing pleasure
In post 265, CultOfAthena wrote:
Maestro
/Reck.
In post 358, CultOfAthena wrote:Oh, is that what you wanted?
I assumed it was just sort of a cop out.

Really gonna make me write an essay, huh? Whatever, I'll indulge you.
I would like to point out the absurdity of the accusation that
every single question I've asked
has been aimless. That just very plainly isn't true
In post 361, CultOfAthena wrote:Anyways, I look forward to your attempt to get me lynched.
In post 363, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 362, Alisae wrote:My goal isn't to get you lynched
its to provide as much as I can (considering certain factors being I'm completely fucking drained for the day) before I get lynched so I can atleast say I came into the game and gave SOMETHING for people to work with (but people probably won't care anyways)
That's very admirable,
if you're town
. No sarcasm.
Also do you townread me?
This question really makes me feel like you haven't actually read anything I've said very closely at all.

Here, this'll answer your question.

{CoA}
{Penguin, Cheeky}
{TTTT}
{Ari, Chick}
{Majiffy}
{
Alisae
, Reck}
In post 367, CultOfAthena wrote:You're conflating "arguing against accusations that I am scum in order to show how
my scumread's
point is absurd" with "trying to convince Alisae that I am town".

Please quote me doing the latter.

Really, all I would need to do is quote the readslist in 363, but I feel like making it unambigous.

In post 529, xRECKONERx wrote:also let's talk about people not reading when you're saying I've "unilaterally" declared Ari scum and have made conclusions based off of that when my desire to lynch you/PP has very little (if anything) to do with my read on ari
Is that so? So what, it's really just the Alisae vote?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:03 am

Post by the worst »

In post 525, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 521, CultOfAthena wrote: Also interested to hear what you think of Alisae's claiming an ability to read
reck
and eir townread there. It certainly won't stop me if it comes down to it, but it does give me pause.
This should be "Majiffy", not Reck.
I was just thinking that. Chickadee claimed the same ability and I don't think I'm convinced by either of them.

Majiffy has a reputation for being like... good at mafia as well so I'm not super inclined to believe it without checking credentials and I'm too lazy to check credentials

if you have a situation like e.g. mathdino and northsidegal who are very good at reading each other and despite being excellent would need a LOT of artillery to outplay each other then I'd categorically accept majiffy is town based on his minimalistic play but I don't feel like there's tonnes of validity in these claims
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:05 am

Post by the worst »

@Reck how did that hammer surprise you in the slightest..? It was either town or a brilliant setup ngl
--
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:10 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 531, the worst wrote:I was just thinking that. Chickadee claimed the same ability and I don't think I'm convinced by either of them.

Majiffy has a reputation for being like... good at mafia as well so I'm not super inclined to believe it without checking credentials and I'm too lazy to check credentials
Yeah, neither of them really inspired much confidence in me as to how reliable the townreads really were.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:14 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 528, the worst wrote:
In post 519, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 516, the worst wrote:What's tipping you off that this is certainly scum motivated rather than possibly town motivated?
I do not see town motivation in "oh this person just replaced in, let's kill them before they can contribute"

none. i dont see it at all. obviously they can't all be scum, but i have to believe at least one of them is. i dont think anyone anticipated i would get as livid about the maestro wagon as i did, there weren't any warning signs, so i dont see why scum wouldve avoided it.
You don't think Ali had produced enough content on the back of eir pred that it was reasonable to have a pretty solid read on that slot?

In hindsight I would've preferred the Ari lynch go through but I can't agree with this at all.
I don't think there was enough of a reason for there to be a wagon in the first place, so I'm plugging in some gaps here to figure out WHY the wagon developed
so granted i could be missing the mark
but the wagon basically was built on the backs of a bunch of nothing + lurker whining -- so yes, i figured since the lurker whining was going away due to alisae replacing in, that it would nullify some of that momentum on ali/mae

PP

- doesn't mention Maestro until he's suddenly in his scumpile.
- responds to Majiffy saying Maestro is just the easy lynch by saying "maybe but prod dodging means he dies" (funny considering ari had done literally the exact same thing up to that point just without openly lampshading it as prod dodging)
- argues with Maestro for lurking/prod dodging
- lambasts Maestro for not contributing content
- Ali replaces in and PP says this gem:
In post 333, PenguinPower wrote:Gonna give Alisae a chance to town it up, otherwise that's where my vote goes. Ari being Ari is less bad than Maestro's slot currently.
He says literally nothing about Alisae between the replace in and slamming down that vote.
Conclusion
: Maestro's push was built on him lurking and not contributing, and PP seemed open to giving Ali a chance, but then he voted Ali anyway

COA

- starts with Maestro in null pile
- randomly bumps him down to scum with no explanation
- calls out maestro's posts for being a "non-conclusion"
- calls me/maestro a team
- completely drops the push when alisae replaces in and instead starts pushing hard on me
- randomly picks it back up at the end of the day (I think I was too focused on COA pushing on me to pick up on this)
Conclusion
: at least COA has been internally consistent........... in that there were basically ZERO explanations given AT ALL for any of the read on ali/maestro other than one time maestro posted something where he didn't take a hard stance on a read????? like there's absolutely nothing here to indicate progression of a read. it's just "boom one day maestro was a scumread and then sometime later, i had a very minor problem with one post he made and then ignored him the majority of the day"

TTTT I'm not really considering for the day because he seemed to put some thoughts into his read on Maestro and had a progression, seemed to be pushing for feedback on his reads, etc. Granted even TTTT said "lynching people that lurk and do nothing" was a primary reason for voting Maestro, but he also made no attempt to appear like he was wavering or scared of lynching town at any point. Then he replaced out and the worst has towned it up so far imo so I'm fine not digging into this one
green shirt thursdays
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:15 am

Post by the worst »

I really think I want Majiffy today

pedit: that's a big read. I might need a bit to get to it.
--
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:17 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 534, xRECKONERx wrote:- completely drops the push when alisae replaces in and instead starts pushing hard on me
Where?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:18 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

honestly the idea of majiffy shooting chickadee to flip a townie who has "confidence" in reading him is a very big dick play that i could see him making but that's purely speculative so id rather focus on which of PP/COA/Ari is getting my vote today
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:20 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 536, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 534, xRECKONERx wrote:- completely drops the push when alisae replaces in and instead starts pushing hard on me
Where?
your response to alisae justifying your reasons for scumreading me
green shirt thursdays
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:21 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 534, xRECKONERx wrote:He says literally nothing about Alisae between the replace in and slamming down that vote.
It's almost as if the rep in and end of discussion happened in a 24 hour period where I usually wind down my time spent on site heading into the weekend.
In post 534, xRECKONERx wrote:giving Ali a chance, but then he voted Ali anyway
I mean...you quoted where I said I was going to give Ali a chance to town it up or my vote was going there. Why do you think my voted end up there, Sherlock?
<(") | (")>
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:26 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

you have zero progression on your read and did not make an actual attempt to read maestro. not once. not the entirety of d1. you just magically had him in your scum pile, ADMITTED he could just be an easy lynch but you wanted to lynch a lurker (prod dodger), ignored being presented another lurker lynch in ari, harped on maestro not contributing...

and then we get someone who contributes and will fix all your stated issues with maestro

and you hammer that very person?

it doesn't track. "Ali can town it up" like what you never even gave a reason for Maestro to be scum, you just whined about him lurking, all Ali should've had to do was contribute at an acceptable level and generate content to deflate your entire stated reasons for voting Maestro in the first place.
green shirt thursdays
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:35 am

Post by PenguinPower »

I mean...actively prodging is different from lurking and I'm fine lynching that a perfect 5/7 times. As stated before, I didn't like Ali's catch up sooo, especially in conjunction with his vote on me sooooo.....
<(") | (")>
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:08 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

explain how actively prod dodging is different from what ari was doing
green shirt thursdays
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:39 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Maestro came in around the time he would receive a prod and posted then went away for ~48 hours, and that's almost the entirety of his ISO.

Ari made fluffy posts.
<(") | (")>
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:43 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

so someone contributed no real content other than prod dodging, and someone else contributed no real content other than fluffy posts

im not sure how fluffy joke posts are better content than prod dodging
green shirt thursdays
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:51 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

They are different in intent, Reck.

Fluffy posts insinuate engagement with the thread and usually mean a certain amount of reading along. Proddodging flat out usually means the thread is mostly unread and denoted a lack of engagement, as is indicated by the later replace out of that player.

Majiffy is walking that line right now too but I feel he's actually being somewhat scummy in doing so. I have to look at him a little closer.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:51 pm

Post by the worst »

OK let's lynch Majiffy today.
I'm tunnelling harder than I did originally on Reck
--
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:57 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

What is leading to your scumread theee? I know some posts have pinged me hard but I didn't see much from you about him (unless I can't read...) other than the scumread.I know it's not based on vote placement but where is it rooted in?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:58 pm

Post by the worst »

did you read my long catchup ramble? I'm thinking probably not because I shaded your TTTT read quite a bit and asked you to explain it and you haven't :< it's ok either way
--
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:59 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 545, Aristophanes wrote:They are different in intent, Reck.

Fluffy posts insinuate engagement with the thread and usually mean a certain amount of reading along. Proddodging flat out usually means the thread is mostly unread and denoted a lack of engagement, as is indicated by the later replace out of that player.

Majiffy is walking that line right now too but I feel he's actually being somewhat scummy in doing so. I have to look at him a little closer.
And simply posting in the thread is indicative of alignment how?

If anything, fluffposts are scummier because they give the illusion of contributing without actually contributing.
Prod dodges are openly evasive and honest about what they are, which I find to be way more likely to be a towntell than fluffposts.
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”