Newbie 1913 - game over!!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:24 am

Post by the worst »

vote count 1.06

hearthstone1235 (1) : SaintAngelDFE
YellowSnow (1) : volxen
L84Dnr (0) :
DoubtingThomas (0) :
Roo (2) : brassherald, L84Dnr
SaintAngelDFE (0) :
volxen (1) : YellowSnow
xwing (1) : hearthstone1235
brassherald (3) : DoubtingThomas, Roo, xwing

not voting:

with 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

day one will end automatically in (expired on 2019-01-30 14:00:00) or sooner if a lynch is achieved by majority.

mod notes:
- xwing regular v/la over weekends
- quack
Last edited by the worst on Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:29 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 57, SaintAngelDFE wrote:I figured, just thought it was an amusing moment to read "quack" after what you said.
What are your thoughts on the game so far?
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:47 am

Post by brassherald »

Oh, hey, IC post for advice on how to play, or, more accurately, links to pages that other people have written that other ICs have posted and really should have been in my first IC post.

Newbie Guide
Common Abbreviations

I have failed as an IC by letting these slip to page 5 because I forgot to find them before. I apologize.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 49, xwing wrote:
In post 46, Roo wrote:Do you really think this was an attempt to try get people to lynch the IC? Why don't you think it was just typical day 1 pressure or even a little bit of kidding around?
ooooh..
so roo, is that how you took my post?
if i told you i wasn't kidding, would your view change?
No it wouldn't. I still think that it being very early on Day 1 wouldn't be cause for alarm. People pressure different slots all the time, that's pretty normal behavior for where we are at in the game.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:23 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 79, hearthstone1235 wrote:@brass, Do you have anything to say/any reads? You haven't been generating a lot of in-game content so far, if any.

@roo, How dangerous do you think L-2 is?
This early on Day 1, I would say not too dangerous. If someone were then to move the person to L-1 that would be more dangerous because someone could just inappropriately quick hammer. Though that would tell us a lot more about the game state.

Also people could pull off their vote. Like if we moved to L-1 and it felt unwarranted, danger could be reasonably avoided. Anyone could pull their vote, and the day could proceed.
L84Dnr
L84Dnr
Goon
L84Dnr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:42 pm

Post by L84Dnr »

In post 97, xwing wrote:
In post 92, L84Dnr wrote:Roo, you're being unusually quiet. Perhaps a little pressure on your wagon will get your tongue wagging.

VOTE: Roo
hey l8, what do you think of the rest of the player list?
Not a lot to go on yet. Still early in Day 1.

- Roo's still being pretty quiet despite having two votes on him. He also has a comfy spot on Brass' wagon.
- You haven't posted a whole lot either. And you have a similarly comfy position on Brass' wagon.
- DT has been more active but much of that has been fluff.
- Volxen had an odd reaction to YellowSnow's suggestion that claiming to enjoy playing scum might make you more likely to be scum. YellowSnow's comment clearly wasn't a policy lynch, though I agree that it's a poor reason to suspect that somebody might be scum.
- YellowSnow has been pretty vocal and visible in his argument, so weak town lean.
- Brass has also been visible, but that's his job as IC regardless of alignment.
- Null on Heartstone and Saint.

All weak reads at the moment.

The real problem is that we have too many singleton wagons. No pressure from those.
SaintAngelDFE
SaintAngelDFE
Townie
SaintAngelDFE
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:03 pm

Post by SaintAngelDFE »

In post 101, brassherald wrote:
In post 57, SaintAngelDFE wrote:I figured, just thought it was an amusing moment to read "quack" after what you said.
I'm enjoying the game quite a bit, actually! Most of my experience is with town of salem, but I was referred here by a friend that used to play on these forums.

I'm definitely starting to agree with the push on Roo, he hasn't said anything as of late.

xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:55 pm

Post by xwing »

In post 105, L84Dnr wrote:The real problem is that we have too many singleton wagons. No pressure from those
join me on saint, then?
VOTE: saint
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:56 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

between roo and brass I like the roo wagon better. At least brass has been helpful.

VOTE: roo
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:00 pm

Post by xwing »

@yellow: excluding IC-related talk, how do you feel has brass been helpful?
L84Dnr
L84Dnr
Goon
L84Dnr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:01 pm

Post by L84Dnr »

In post 107, xwing wrote:
In post 105, L84Dnr wrote:The real problem is that we have too many singleton wagons. No pressure from those
join me on saint, then?
I'd like to hear from Roo first. I think that he's at L-1 now, so nobody else vote him.
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:12 pm

Post by xwing »

okay, fair enough..
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:36 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

I don't feel comfortable lynching the IC on the first day unless they make a major blunder, let's put it that way.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:42 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 92, L84Dnr wrote:Roo, you're being unusually quiet. Perhaps a little pressure on your wagon will get your tongue wagging.

In post 106, SaintAngelDFE wrote:
I'm enjoying the game quite a bit, actually! Most of my experience is with town of salem, but I was referred here by a friend that used to play on these forums.

I'm definitely starting to agree with the push on Roo, he hasn't said anything as of late.

In post 108, YellowSnow wrote:between roo and brass I like the roo wagon better. At least brass has been helpful.

If the biggest knock against me right now is that I haven't posted much today, I apologize. I did answer the questions directed at me.

If anyone has anything in particular they'd like me to address, I'd be happy to
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:45 pm

Post by xwing »

@roo, what are your thoughts on all the players?
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:46 pm

Post by xwing »

In post 112, YellowSnow wrote:I don't feel comfortable lynching the IC on the first day unless they make a major blunder, let's put it that way.
why? what makes you uncomfy?
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:47 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

The IC could help other new players perform better and help town win the game.
L84Dnr
L84Dnr
Goon
L84Dnr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:48 pm

Post by L84Dnr »

In post 113, Roo wrote:

In post 108, YellowSnow wrote:between roo and brass I like the roo wagon better. At least brass has been helpful.

If the biggest knock against me right now is that I haven't posted much today, I apologize. I did answer the questions directed at me.

Why so quiet?
L84Dnr
L84Dnr
Goon
L84Dnr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:50 pm

Post by L84Dnr »

In post 107, xwing wrote:
join me on saint, then?
Just curious, why are you voting Saint?
L84Dnr
L84Dnr
Goon
L84Dnr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:01 pm

Post by L84Dnr »

In post 116, YellowSnow wrote:The IC could help other new players perform better and help town win the game.
By the same reasoning he could help scum win. He's here to help all of us regardless of alignment.

That said, I agree that the IC probably shouldn't be lynched on Day 1, but neither should he be given a free pass.
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:04 pm

Post by xwing »

@l8:
i feel like saint's got no original reasoning, mainly pushing what others have stated..
his first vote on hearth was echoing what i thought..
his second vote was on blank (not sure if it technically counted coz of the formatting, but the intent was there), who was inactive/site flaked..
his third vote on roo was echoing what others were saying..
he's not even engaging tried to engage them..
so his votes also feel opportunistic and just wanting a lynch instead of trying to sort..

@yellow:
okay..but we do have SEs who can help out with this as well..so that shouldn't be so concerning? besides, day1 lasts like 10 days so the IC can dish out a lot of info by then, dont you think?

pedit: i think who majority thinks as scum should be lynched d1, regardless if they're IC or not..
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:08 pm

Post by Roo »

*Order Taken From Playerlist*

hearthstone1235 - not really a fan of anything hearth has done. First talking about the delay in Volxen's posts seemed like an odd thing to me. Voting xwing for the "lets lynch the IC" comment felt like another stretch. Also something about doesn't sit well with me either. This feels a lot like someone trying to find fire where there is no smoke.
YellowSnow - lots of posts, not a lot of substance. Null/town read. Eyebrow definitely raised at not wanting to lynch the IC on day 1
L84Dnr - town read, came in and has been engaged given fair reads and asking questions
DoubtingThomas - completely null at this point, nothing to go off of
SaintAngelDFE - again completely null, no reads or anything yet from this player
volxen - town read, like the questions in and
xwing - town, to this point has had the most activity directed at scumhunting
brassherald - slight town, lots of IC posts so far but also nothing jumps out as too suspicious yet

feel like pressure could be applied elsewhere to help move things along. Also SaintAngel says I haven't said anything, but his posts aren't exactly bountiful to this point so

VOTE: SaintAngel
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:11 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 117, L84Dnr wrote:
In post 113, Roo wrote:

Why so quiet?
Just a busy day yesterday and today at work. Didn't have a chance to check the site since I posted yesterday at lunch
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:16 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

I never said I had a problem voting him later on.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:34 pm

Post by brassherald »

For the record, I am making lots of IC posts early so that I don't have to when I have better reads, and also so that the information is out there if I tragically die.

Also, I'm not loving what seems like hedging from Yellow here. I am not just the IC, I am a suspect to town players, this could be a way to just be off the wagon for now and then jumping on later because then he'll change his mind. I'm not really seeing a read here.

In fact, Yellow, where are your reads right now?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”