DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6050 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:01 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 6041, mcqueen wrote:
In post 6036, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 6034, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 6027, mcqueen wrote:because we mislynched off a theory yesterday, why chance the same today? again, elsa’s a great PL regardless.

and i ask once more, what makes tlk scum outside of the fruit fiasco?
TLK's alignment doesn't matter. Even if he's town his role is meant to be lynched
Exactly.
I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt to at least let him nominate the people he wants to hammer. Since he is not answering it makes me feel like his claim is not true.
why are we trusting people to hammer? i’m pretty sure very few actually WANT to die, town or scum, offered or not offered by themselves
I don’t think he’s ever getting lynched short of an actual guilty.
Show
Hydra of DVa and Nancy Drew 39

HAPPY FESTIVUS
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6051 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:03 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 6049, RCEnigma wrote:Really Cool Queen and the avatar is Freddie Mercury but really close up.

Spoiler:
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6052 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:04 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 6048, DrewVa wrote:
In post 6022, RCEnigma wrote:I've never Hydra'd but sure I'm up for it, remind me after the game.
EnigmaQueen?
In post 6049, RCEnigma wrote:Really Cool Queen and the avatar is Freddie Mercury but really close up.
I was thinking RC car, but I am down for anything that includes a close up of Freddie Mercury :lol:
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6053 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:06 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 6045, DrewVa wrote:
In post 6012, RCEnigma wrote:Lol McQueen I think you may be the scummiest person I've ever thought was town and I've played with A50.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This belongs in a sigline somewhere.
believe me I was thinking about it, but not til the game’s over, obvs
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6054 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:09 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 6052, mcqueen wrote:
In post 6048, DrewVa wrote:
In post 6022, RCEnigma wrote:I've never Hydra'd but sure I'm up for it, remind me after the game.
EnigmaQueen?
I was thinking RC car, but I am down for anything that includes a close up of Freddie Mercury :lol:

Spoiler:
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6055 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:56 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 6011, mcqueen wrote:you’ve seen how bad their reads are, would you not find it quite annoying?
If I were in your position I wouldn't be asking the person with bad reads what slip they saw. It seems like you think they are at best bad town, and at worst scum, right? Who gives a shit about one person's read when it is based off what you are calling nothing? And if they are scum then it's all made up anyways and you buying in is exactly what they would want. Cause now you guys can argue over the slip and distract the rest of us from more important shit, like lynching scum.
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6056 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:00 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 6014, UnaBombaH wrote:Being intelligent isn't the problem in itself.
It's when you realize that people around you are dumb when the social difficulties start.
You learn this lesson very early on in life if you are a fan of Family Fued. Most people forget that the answers are based on surveys done of actual people. You might know all the top answers of every list out there, but it only takes a few Mooks to fuck up the whole category by answering off topic or so obscure that no one's guessing that one.

That might not make total sense in translation to this game, but you have to realize that most everyone is in the same boat as we are. Low info and looking for something to clamp on to. Other people's levels of intelligence and cunning in the game will effect our reads and our interactions.
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6057 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:03 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 6015, mcqueen wrote:
In post 6012, RCEnigma wrote:Lol McQueen I think you may be the scummiest person I've ever thought was town and I've played with A50.
welcome to my meta
So how can you defend against people saying you're acting scummy when you admit that you purposefully act scummy?

Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6058 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:17 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 6024, mcqueen wrote:okay so this is going to sound very hypocritical but since some have started to move off TLK’s wagon:

why are we designating someone to hammer tlk? If they don’t do it and tlk is town, we run the risk of losing a supersaint and losing another townread player. also it just feels weird to put trust in a scumread to hammer somebody, regardless if they offer to or not.

In a sense; why are we settling? I’m not against an S_S lynch, but I’d like Elsa as a PL regardless if he’s scum, so we can clear up the traitor/miller thing
If we told Elsa that we don't believe she is a Miller and think she is the traitor so we want her to hammer the claimed SS so that if he is (which we need to find out) then we also sort another slot that needs sorted.

If this is the plan and it comes out that Tlk is the SS and Elsa didn't vote there, what do you think we could figure out from that?
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6059 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:19 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 6027, mcqueen wrote:because we mislynched off a theory yesterday, why chance the same today? again, elsa’s a great PL regardless.

I feel like this is a misuse of the gamblers phallacy. Just because our theory was incorrect yesterday doesn't mean that 1. It was a bad theory, 2. That it was a bad idea to try it, and 3. That all other theories are now going to be incorrect since the first one ended up being wrong.
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6060 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:21 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 6030, BrightEyedFish wrote:

And besides aren't all of your lynch options today based on a "theory" or do you have facts and evidence to base your reads on?
BOOM!!
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6061 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:34 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 6039, mcqueen wrote:

TLK's alignment doesn't matter. Even if he's town his role is meant to be lynched
no one has adequately answered my question (nev and max got close):

If TLK is townread (assuming), keeping him alive forces scum to die if they want him gone at any point. So he’s basically safe until lylo. why is this a bad thing?

If he’s scumread, then lynch away
Why is it a bad thing to bring a claimed SS to lylo? The same reason it's a bad idea to let the claimed traitor... sorry Miller... live to lylo.

And maybe I misunderstood something, but if scum target a SS for the nk does that have any adverse effect on the shooter?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #6062 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:35 am

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 6041, mcqueen wrote:
In post 6036, BrightEyedFish wrote:

Exactly.
I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt to at least let him nominate the people he wants to hammer. Since he is not answering it makes me feel like his claim is not true.
why are we trusting people to hammer? i’m pretty sure very few actually WANT to die, town or scum, offered or not offered by themselves
if theyre town and offering to, we have to be able to trust them on that, so that if they don't its a scumclaim, and we can turbolynch them
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6063 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:37 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 6057, Nev and Max wrote:
welcome to my meta
So how can you defend against people saying you're acting scummy when you admit that you purposefully act scummy?

i never said it was purposeful? if you dare to enter into the depths of my 5+ year old meta, this has always been the case. i’ve grown up and gotten better, but it’s still somewhat the case (or apparently a lot of the case in RCE’s eyes)
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6064 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:40 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 6059, Nev and Max wrote:

I feel like this is a misuse of the gamblers phallacy. Just because our theory was incorrect yesterday doesn't mean that 1. It was a bad theory, 2. That it was a bad idea to try it, and 3. That all other theories are now going to be incorrect since the first one ended up being wrong.
i thought about this before posting. however, just because what you said is true, doesn’t mean i’m jumping out of my chair to trust the next theory that comes up (fruit)
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6065 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:40 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 6056, Nev and Max wrote:
It's when you realize that people around you are dumb when the social difficulties start.
You learn this lesson very early on in life if you are a fan of Family Fued.
Most people forget that the answers are based on surveys done of actual people. You might know all the top answers of every list out there, but it only takes a few Mooks to fuck up the whole category by answering off topic or so obscure that no one's guessing that one.

That might not make total sense in translation to this game, but you have to realize that most everyone is in the same boat as we are. Low info and looking for something to clamp on to. Other people's levels of intelligence and cunning in the game will effect our reads and our interactions.
You lost me after the bolded. :lol:
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6066 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:40 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 6063, mcqueen wrote:
In post 6057, Nev and Max wrote:
welcome to my meta

i never said it was purposeful? if you dare to enter into the depths of my 5+ year old meta, this has always been the case. i’ve grown up and gotten better, but it’s still somewhat the case (or apparently a lot of the case in RCE’s eyes)
Ok. That's the part you focus on, the word "purposefully?"

How about the idea that if you are aware that you act scummy, how do you defend against people saying your play is scummy, or how do we buy into anything you say?
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6067 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:42 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 6061, Nev and Max wrote:

If TLK is townread (assuming), keeping him alive forces scum to die if they want him gone at any point. So he’s basically safe until lylo. why is this a bad thing?

Why is it a bad thing to bring a claimed SS to lylo? The same reason it's a bad idea to let the claimed traitor... sorry Miller... live to lylo.

And maybe I misunderstood something, but if scum target a SS for the nk does that have any adverse effect on the shooter?
If someone claims Miller but ends up being a strong townread, why is it so bad having them alive?

Then that goes for the SS, too (remember it’s hypothetical since tlk is not widely townread)

I thought the shooter dies, too, but i could be wrong, if i am wrong, disregard my entire argument lol.
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6068 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:43 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 6065, DrewVa wrote:
Most people forget that the answers are based on surveys done of actual people. You might know all the top answers of every list out there, but it only takes a few Mooks to fuck up the whole category by answering off topic or so obscure that no one's guessing that one.

It was more of a side commentary on our own bias and the realization that if we are unable to out ourselves in others shoes than we'll never really understand anything.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6069 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:44 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 6067, mcqueen wrote:

If someone claims Miller but ends up being a strong townread, why is it so bad having them alive?

Then that goes for the SS, too (remember it’s hypothetical since tlk is not widely townread)

I thought the shooter dies, too, but i could be wrong, if i am wrong, disregard my entire argument lol.
wiki says it’s only for the hammer vote on lynches. Go ahead call me stupid :facepalm:
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #6070 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:47 am

Post by Xtoxm »

he isnt doing it on purpose
hes acknowledging that people often find his playstyle scummy
i often have the same problem
there are reasons to suspect mcqueen
but fluffing isnt one of them
which as far as i can tell is what youre nitpicking him on
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6071 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:49 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 6067, mcqueen wrote:

Because the roles are created and used to set up misinformation and sow dissent. Miller is someone who doesn't investigate as town. So if a cop looks at them they are going to out themselves and yell scum the best day. They lynch the Miller and he shows up town. Then they lynch the cop or the scum can kill him now.

If we have the ability to sort 2 slots and then get a shit ton of associative reads for tomorrow then I am all for it. Especially when those roles are created for just this type of situation. We can just solve it in a manner where we don't have to out anymore PRs.
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6072 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:50 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 6067, mcqueen wrote:I thought the shooter dies, too, but i could be wrong, if i am wrong, disregard my entire argument lol.
Missed this. Wiki only states the hammer dies. Nothing about being Nked.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6073 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:50 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 6068, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 6065, DrewVa wrote:

It was more of a side commentary on our own bias and the realization that if we are unable to out ourselves in others shoes than we'll never really understand anything.
Okay, that makes sense but perhaps Jeopardy might be a better example? Since you actually do have to be slart to play that?
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6074 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:51 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 6070, Xtoxm wrote:he isnt doing it on purpose
hes acknowledging that people often find his playstyle scummy
i often have the same problem
there are reasons to suspect mcqueen
but fluffing isnt one of them
which as far as i can tell is what youre nitpicking him on
Why are you defending him here? He's a big boy and can handle himself.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”