Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6100 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:57 pm

Post by Thanos »

DVa, are you voting for Something_Smart or the Supersaint?
I was voting TLK earlier but Lamees thinks the claim is legit.
I'm townreading that slot; I think I'll just sheep them for now since I'm not into the game too much myself.

~A
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6101 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:00 pm

Post by DrewVa »

We're voting SS at the moment -d
Show
Hydra of DVa and Nancy Drew 39

HAPPY FESTIVUS
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6102 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:15 pm

Post by profii »

I’m gonna vote S_S now

With this mechanic scum never hammer, if TLK is legit they let the hammer kill someone else, get a NK, get outed and another NK

If you believe the claim “Super Saint is supposed to be lynched” is a ridiculous idea imo
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6103 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:08 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Everyone backing out on TLK skeeves me out so bad.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6104 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:15 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 6103, RCEnigma wrote:Everyone backing out on TLK skeeves me out so bad.
In post 6098, Nero Cain wrote:The way I see things right now are that if TLK is willing to get lynched then fine. If we wanted to not lynch him today and lynch someone scummy (Mcqueen, Creature, UL, SS or Elsa) instead then that's fine too.

Nev and Max had asked me earlier why we couldn't enforce it and my snarky answer is "We can't see votes, noob!" the real answer is "It's not a normal vote mechanic where we can see the votes and tell player X to hammer when they are at L-1. What we can do is lynch from any of the players that said they'd be on the wagon but weren't. We can't really lynch anyone for not hammering b/c we won't know who is going to hammer until the lynch is written up."
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6105 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:17 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 6104, DrewVa wrote:
In post 6103, RCEnigma wrote:Everyone backing out on TLK skeeves me out so bad.
In post 6098, Nero Cain wrote:The way I see things right now are that if TLK is willing to get lynched then fine. If we wanted to not lynch him today and lynch someone scummy (
Mcqueen, Creature
, UL,
SS or Elsa
) instead then that's fine too.

Nev and Max had asked me earlier why we couldn't enforce it and my snarky answer is "We can't see votes, noob!" the real answer is "It's not a normal vote mechanic where we can see the votes and tell player X to hammer when they are at L-1. What we can do is lynch from any of the players that said they'd be on the wagon but weren't. We can't really lynch anyone for not hammering b/c we won't know who is going to hammer until the lynch is written up."
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6106 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:35 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 6098, Nero Cain wrote:The way I see things right now are that if TLK is willing to get lynched then fine. If we wanted to not lynch him today and lynch someone scummy (Mcqueen, Creature, UL, SS or Elsa) instead then that's fine too.

Considering there is no such thing as l-1 in this game, plaurality and all, there is a way to organize lynches in ways that help us get info. The people nominated to be the last vote are the ones that we all find to be most scummy. If they are town they should fall on their sword, and if they are scum they will try to abandon that ship faster than acquatic rats.

This is a solid plan, why you shitting on it without any real evidence to show?
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6107 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:36 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 6082, The Last Knight wrote:
In post 6036, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 6034, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 6027, mcqueen wrote:because we mislynched off a theory yesterday, why chance the same today? again, elsa’s a great PL regardless.

and i ask once more, what makes tlk scum outside of the fruit fiasco?
TLK's alignment doesn't matter. Even if he's town his role is meant to be lynched
Exactly.
I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt to at least let him nominate the people he wants to hammer. Since he is not answering it makes me feel like his claim is not true.
This was posted 2:41 am in my time zone. This guy smears me every chance he gets. Big cahones.
What does the time have to do with anything?
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6108 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:43 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 6093, The Last Knight wrote:That post wasn't even a question. It was so redundant that it felt unnecessary to answer. You failed to point out that my first two posts after 5786 were responses, the second being addressed to you.

But yeah I agree that the people who I want to die are people that I scum read. It would be rather anti-town to suggest anyone who I don't think is scum to hammer me. Thank you for catching up to the super saint show, where two die for the price of one, but only if you also want the
TOWN
super saint to die too. Otherwise, you can always settle for just the scum.
You don't need to mention that you'd be the town super saint. Scum don't have one. Only town.

I think you fail to see that your alignment is almost not important anymore. You will never be the nk because scum will play a game where they take out people all around the SS claim, but SCUM WILL NEVER KILL THIS SLOT.

Which means we have to, and we can do it in a way that isn't a total loss for us and we can get some benefit out of your ability. Which again, is why you're around. Super saint is a roll that is supposed to intentionally draw the lynch out in a way that they can get scum to hammer them. This way at least the SS takes one with him.

Not trying to arrange this type of situation with you is like a cop not investigating anyone all game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6109 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:10 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 6108, Nev and Max wrote:Not trying to arrange this type of situation with you is like a cop not investigating anyone all game.
No, it's really not, in the slightest

He's basically a slot we can kill for free, not allowing a night afterward (since picking a person to hammer in mechanically equivalent to getting an immediate second lynch). If we lynch him and he's town, it's still one less town alive.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6110 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:13 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I'm voting Thanos btw.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6111 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:53 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 6102, profii wrote:If you believe the claim “Super Saint is supposed to be lynched” is a ridiculous idea imo
So with what you're currently saying, is that TLK is "safe" for the rest of the game? :lol:
Assuming he is town, scum will never kill that slot. Why would they? :facepalm:
Now..you are sort of pinging my scumradar here as well, because it seems to me that you don't consider them being scum (at all).
Implying too much information.. :]

I think they are scum -> they are NOT a SuperSaint -> no matter if our organizing works or not. It's a scum-lynch and the "venge-kill" isn't real.
Not gonna move my vote from TLK today.
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6112 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:55 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

Or maybe I misinterpreted that quote of yours..
But my thinking is
"Scummy (claimed) SuperSaint is supposed to be lynched."
:]

"..and since we risk them actually being a SuperSaint, we should try and guide the SuperSaints shot to another scummy slot."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6113 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:00 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

And even further - whoever said we can't organize the hammer is talking poop.
If the majority agrees that TLK is the lynch, we tell everyone to get onboard the wagon.
We then tell the hammerer to unvote -> revote so that they end up last on the wagon.
If they refuse to do that -> lynch them.
If they claim to do that, but really didn't -> lynch them the next day. (PLUS THE POTENTIAL BONUS THAT EVEN SCUM DON'T THEN KNOW WHO WAS THE LAST ONE TO VOTE. MIGHT BE ONE OF THEM ANYWAY?)
Anyone leaving the wagon or some other lynch going through -> we again have scummy individuals to cross-examine tomorrow.

Let's make a lynch happen.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #6114 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:26 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm really out of it but don't want to force a replacement to have to deal with what I can't
should I replace out or not?
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6115 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:29 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Yes, town would have to agree TLK is the lynch to organize who the hammer is. Scum just has to snake in and dissuade part of the town that TLK is a bad Lynch, regardless of his alignment, to goad town into mistakenly hammering. Kind of makes you wonder.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6116 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:11 am

Post by profii »

In post 6111, UnaBombaH wrote:Implying too much information..
Well I do have more information than you right now.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6117 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:17 am

Post by profii »

In post 6113, UnaBombaH wrote:And even further - whoever said we can't organize the hammer is talking poop.
If the majority agrees that TLK is the lynch, we tell everyone to get onboard the wagon.
We then tell the hammerer to unvote -> revote so that they end up last on the wagon.
If they refuse to do that -> lynch them.
If they claim to do that, but really didn't -> lynch them the next day. (PLUS THE POTENTIAL BONUS THAT EVEN SCUM DON'T THEN KNOW WHO WAS THE LAST ONE TO VOTE. MIGHT BE ONE OF THEM ANYWAY?)
Anyone leaving the wagon or some other lynch going through -> we again have scummy individuals to cross-examine tomorrow.

Let's make a lynch happen.
See this scum pings me because scum could already just be sat on TLK

or start the move there any time from now because it is HARD WORK to get so many people to agree on a lynch - a majority is hard enough in a normal game, but the ENTIRE PLAYER LIST?

ok I'll tell you what - if you can make that happen, I'll be the last one to vote for TLK before we get the scum "on and off" so the risk of them messing about is mine.

there is no way so many people agree this is a good idea

All it takes is a scum goon to offer to hammer, not hammer, boom, they get a mislynch and a random super saint miskill (so lets say me if I do that plan above)
then they night kill

ok we get 1 obvious scum, but after that, another night kill...

plus that's 2 opportunities for them to do whatever they did with the sticky fruit and mess around with our night actions so it's not like things are going to suddenly become clear after all these game phases.

so yes I am considering TLK very highly in my town list and yes I do have more information than you because I know about the sticky fruit and can trust the PM more than you can trust me so I'm comfortable with that.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6118 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:25 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Roles are gated but boonus rounds grant +1 so yes there's always that risk wether tlk is lynched or not. I don't understand how lynching anyone else except tlk would prevent that.

Scum also kills EVERY night so dunno why that's an issue.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6119 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:28 am

Post by profii »

i think we have a good scummy slot in S_S but we are pretty much policy lynching TLK on the back of the claim.

let's say S_S is scum, we trade 1 for 1, day lynch for night kill.
let's say TLK is town, we trade 1 scum lynch for a town lynch and 3 town kills as scum will never play our hammer game in this setup... ever!

so if we go for S_S or not, it seems much much more sensible to go for the scummiest slot than mess about with TLK for now i think.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6120 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:32 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Supersaint still needs resolving or do we let scum have one more opportunity for wifom?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #6121 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:44 am

Post by Xtoxm »

im lynching him because of the fruit
the best explanation i see is that scum redirected the fruit to themselves to juggle it around themselves to take turns being ascetic
then PP put him on the spot and he just said the only true thing that he could
and yes wifom exists but i dont think scum anticipated being 'caught', and being able to take turns being ascetic is high utility for scum
this is possibly also the last opportunity we'll get to lynch him due to the claim, so are you willing to stake the game on him being town at this point?
im not
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6122 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:48 am

Post by Thanos »

I agree, a scumread Supersaint slot needs to resolve.
It seems like we balance that by governing another scumread slot to hammer TLK. As long as we all accept this strategy and majority vote the hammerer, *not* hammering then becomes a scumclaim.

Profii, you're equating the worst cases - and even then, you miss that if we happen to vote for scum to hammer and they don't, we simply lynch them tomorrow. It seems like TLK minus the claim is scumread - can someone rehash the case on him?

Pedit: Can someone summarize the fruit argument on TLK?

~Auro
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #6123 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:50 am

Post by Xtoxm »

i think i just did?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6124 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:51 am

Post by Thanos »

I missed the earlier parts, who claimed to send whom fruit and what did TLK say, and what did PP say?

~Auro

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”