"Don't look too town as scum"

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:29 pm

Post by PokerFace »

People usually vote the scumiest before they vote the towniest. As long as all living players are not more town than you, you should be fine faking town as scum. The only time being too town as scum is bad is if you give town too much help. For example...

You are heading toward a prisoners dilemma. The right play is for town to force scum to kill each other. You are scum. For some reason you tell the town the ideal play

Telling the enemy the ideal play when the ideal play is too good, is a bad time to be too town as scum. There's a reason I got the title too useful...
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Ironically there was a face to face game I played at a convention once where the runner of the panel, myself, and another player were alive in lylo. I had played the game before a lot and obviously the runner of the panel had done the same. We had far more game experience than the final player. The runner of the panel looked at me and asked "Why am I alive right now?" I responded "That's... a good question". The runner then said "If you were mafia, you would have killed me." I came to the same conclusion about him. Since we were both town, we immediately voted the inexperienced player who was indeed mafia. As long as there are scummier players, faking town works. Be careful to keep the scummier players alive, and don't given them enough advice so that they become more town than you
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly

Return to “Mafia Discussion”