EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:27 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 38, YellowSnow wrote:
In post 36, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 35, Ironman Btw2 wrote:@ Penguin: I probably have less experience than most ppl in this game, but from the little time i spent playing mafia some years ago, OMGUS was considered more scummy than townie. And throwing a 3rd vote onto someone making it pass as a RVS vote as well.

EBWOP: @TTTT you are right, i did not pay proper attention when skimming through. I guess that makes the vote less suspicious.
OMGUS isn't scummy.

How does a 3rd vote take us out of RVS in your view?
I disagree. OMGUSing is overly reactionary and not pro-town productive.
OMGUS is most of the time a meme unless you're pushing someone off of that and solely that
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:28 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 45, YellowSnow wrote:My point is people can lie about night actions so it's not 100 percent indicative.
am i blind or how tf the fuck did we get to lying about night actions
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:29 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 47, Mohab500 wrote:
In post 41, YellowSnow wrote:Nope but even a guilty result doesn't equal scum, you just have to work with what you have and in my opinion it's the scummiest thing that has happened to this point, which admittedly isn't much.
Sigh. I am assuming you guys have missed it, but I hope I am wrong.

"even a guilty" is a synonym for crime. The user here uses strong, vivid wording which clearly identifies their target audience in the retrospectal relativity of the admitted, or for a lack of word, assumed location. It's a simplifying anti-dated vision based on an unindicative indicator that should not be used in terms of theoretical point programs.

"scum" is a far too common of a word that statistically speaking, it should not be in this game on the forty-first post from a user with a supposed colour in their name. It's clear that 94.0052 +- 0.227% of users will use the word 'scum' once in their game (at least), but it's more profound to use it in a more formal or set-up situation with clear-cut definitions and wording.

"which admittedly isn't much" is clearly an ice-breaker style conversing momentum which often carries extra weight based on the time of day of the user; calculating statistically, it's 99.700214 +- 0.112% likely that the user wouldn't use this unless there is an intentional manipulation of tone and environment.

Seems like we've got the culprit; VOTE: Echovision
FUCK GUYS HE'S ON TO ME IT WAS NICE KNOWING YOU
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:31 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 126, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 124, Slaxx wrote:I’m going by the “goon” title and the fact I flipped through games to see if they had been in at least a couple. I don’t rely much on meta, but the piece here it was valid to differentiate between ignorance of site culture and feigned ignorance to avoid giving reads.
Right...

Well, let's do a bit more meta than looking at Mohab's title, why don't we?

Spoiler:
Subject: Mini Normal 1999: BooneyToonz VII - Join the Boonguard!
Mohab500 wrote:I've discord my intellectual capacity's immense near-limitless powers, and I've succesfully identified, with a 100% success rate, the members of the mafia group. However, I refuse to say the answers out loud, and I'll play along with your feeble minds in this game, so some of you humans can have fun. Do not expect though, that I'll not try to win; I'll surely try to win, but only use 1% of my intellectual powers, as to make this a fair game.

VOTE screenplay
Boonskiies wrote:
Welcome,
Mohab500
, you are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

• During the day, you can vote and talk
• You do nothing special.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Game thread is here.. Confirm by replying to this PM with your role name.
Also, this really bothers me because my point about other games was in regards specifically to the "lolnoreads" piece of my point, not to the try-hardy piece. I'm fine with taking the weird opening and "loligotskillz" as NAI, but that doesn't really impact the other piece.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:32 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

In post 178, EchoVision wrote:
In post 45, YellowSnow wrote:My point is people can lie about night actions so it's not 100 percent indicative.
am i blind or how tf the fuck did we get to lying about night actions
Because he said something about "so and so proving he's scum" and my point is you don't need proof to be scummy.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:40 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 180, Slaxx wrote:Also, this really bothers me because my point about other games was in regards specifically to the "lolnoreads" piece of my point, not to the try-hardy piece. I'm fine with taking the weird opening and "loligotskillz" as NAI, but that doesn't really impact the other piece.
It can bother you all you want, but CoA is town here.
<(") | (")>
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:50 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 182, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 180, Slaxx wrote:Also, this really bothers me because my point about other games was in regards specifically to the "lolnoreads" piece of my point, not to the try-hardy piece. I'm fine with taking the weird opening and "loligotskillz" as NAI, but that doesn't really impact the other piece.
It can bother you all you want, but CoA is town here.
ok bud
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:57 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Don't call me "bud." I would appreciate that.
<(") | (")>
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:57 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 184, PenguinPower wrote:Don't call me "bud." I would appreciate that.
sure
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:03 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:04 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Way to be a jackass.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:04 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 185, Slaxx wrote:
sure
That was fun...why are you shading multiple people but voting the newb?
<(") | (")>
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:05 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

I thought it was funny.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:06 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 189, YellowSnow wrote:I thought it was funny.
Thought is was funny to do something that someone specifically asked not be done. Cool.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:11 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Echo, you still catching up? Concerned about the point at which you dropped off.
<(") | (")>
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:13 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 188, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 185, Slaxx wrote:
sure
That was fun...why are you shading multiple people but voting the newb?
I'm not.

I've laid out why I thought he was scum. If someone would like talk about why he is town, we can discuss that, but it can't involve his join date because
a lack of experience does not preclude you from getting a damn scum Role PM
. So far we have you ACTUALLY throwing shade at me for voting him, and CoA saying "she's made herself clear" on why I'm wrong by using the bulletproof argument "I don't believe your reasons for the scumread are reliable":
I've made my thoughts clear. Sure, I guess I could see it as a "good vote" just to get things moving.

Again – my doing all of this defense is probably making it look like I have more of at townread on Ironman than I actually do. I don't want that being overstated or overestimated.
If you are townreading him, engage with me and tell me why. If you are null or scum reading him, let me pressure him and stay the hell out of my way.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:17 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Sorry.

But I'm over here actually be transparent with my reads and trying to game solve and I've got CoA telling me I've had two bad votes and then you calling two people town with no followup. Its ignorant.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:24 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 192, Slaxx wrote:I've laid out why I thought he was scum. If someone would like talk about why he is town, we can discuss that, but it can't involve his join date because a lack of experience does not preclude you from getting a damn scum Role PM. So far we have you ACTUALLY throwing shade at me for voting him, and CoA saying "she's made herself clear" on why I'm wrong by using the bulletproof argument "I don't believe your reasons for the scumread are reliable":
I mean...that's kinda my point. You're voting Ironman but your shading CoA and Mohab.

They're all partners in your opinion? Whom do you wish to discuss?

I'm not really throwing shade at you for your vote on Ironman. I'm just saying CoA is town, and that was a wrong direction to head in so let it go.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:25 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 193, Slaxx wrote:Sorry.

But I'm over here actually be transparent with my reads and trying to game solve and I've got CoA telling me I've had two bad votes and then you calling two people town with no followup. Its ignorant.
Ok.
<(") | (")>
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:29 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Bothers might have been unintentionally loaded language, it bothered me way more because I felt like I had something going on Iron and I feel like my points are being dismissed. I'm not for sure if it really "bothered" me in any significant AI way. But that's a fair interpretation. Why do you think CoA is town? I'm not strong one way or another.

Mohab can definitely be scum, and I don't see anything particularly anti-partnery about either slot towards each other. In fact the flustered attitude and the "I'll give a read later" seemed kinda like wanting to avoid talking about Iron's wagon, which could be significant.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:32 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I can probably pull two or maybe three games where I go on this same damn tirade about how lynchbait/newbies/any other "vulnerable target" isn't immune from being mafia. I know my first game back on the site I had to do it and wound up lynching scum. I can't remember the other one(s) result but I'll assume they flipped town because we forget what we don't want to remember.

Regardless it is a very valid point and until someone can lay out why he is town "he's new" is not a good defense of him. And I really don't like how he was the one to bring that up, by the way.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:33 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 196, Slaxx wrote:Why do you think CoA is town? I'm not strong one way or another.
This is something that I can't really explain in a good way, but know. It could also change later, but it's where I'm at now, and don't expect to atm.
In post 196, Slaxx wrote:Mohab can definitely be scum, and I don't see anything particularly anti-partnery about either slot towards each other. In fact the flustered attitude and the "I'll give a read later" seemed kinda like wanting to avoid talking about Iron's wagon, which could be significant.
I don't really have a good read on Mohab atm, so I'm not opposed to a scum lean/read.

I do like that we have two wagons going on right now, so why aren't we talking about them?
<(") | (")>
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:35 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 198, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 196, Slaxx wrote:Why do you think CoA is town? I'm not strong one way or another.
This is something that I can't really explain in a good way, but know. It could also change later, but it's where I'm at now, and don't expect to atm.
In post 196, Slaxx wrote:Mohab can definitely be scum, and I don't see anything particularly anti-partnery about either slot towards each other. In fact the flustered attitude and the "I'll give a read later" seemed kinda like wanting to avoid talking about Iron's wagon, which could be significant.
I don't really have a good read on Mohab atm, so I'm not opposed to a scum lean/read.

I do like that we have two wagons going on right now, so why aren't we talking about them?
First: I'm the same way with Egix, so I get it.

Second: What do you want to talk about on the YS wagon?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”