Rimworld 1.0

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Rimworld 1.0

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:29 am

Post by Oso »

Rimworld has progressed beyond Alpha and Beta and is now out of early release.

Currently playing Rimworld 1.0 with no mods other than Prepare Carefully, using Cassandra on Builder difficulty with reload possible. Crash Landed Scenario.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:31 am

Post by Oso »

Played around a bit with it in Beta but didn't take it too seriously. Having a pretty good time with my first game on the release version though.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:39 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

How many organs harvested from prisoners yet?
(inb4 wildly taken out of context)

What biome? Who are the crew? What animals? How much mountains? Can we have a screenshot of your sweet base?
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:57 am

Post by Oso »

I'll get the screenshot. Crew are a miner, jailbird and a prostitute. Good range of skills but virtually no overlap on the important ones so that is turning into sort of a pain. 1 prisoner was converted that had excellent crafting skills but he kept going on drug binges so I had him shot (in the screenshot you can still his blood in the dining room).

1 Labrador Retriever that is fully trained but any animal that self tames gets slaughtered right away and made into fine meals. Not ready to start animal farming yet. Terrain is large hills with a decent river running through it and a year round growing season so food isn't a real problem. Granite, marble and slate are present as is a small amount of gold.

Thinking of running 2 worlds in tandem. The one I have now with the settings pretty easy. Have to face it, I set my current world up to be fairly unchallenging. Maybe Ice Sheet or Desert with Randy instead of Cassandra and ramp up the difficulty quite a bit. And start on tribal and edit it so I only start with a single pawn.
Last edited by Oso on Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:10 am

Post by Oso »

As you can see, the base isn't super developed yet. I have good food production and decent power production (the 3 wood fired generators are shut down at the moment) but defenses suck. Any decent sized raid is gonna put my lights out. No trap corridor, no kill box.

The area I'm digging out in the lower left, that is the area where I plan to put both the gauntlet and the kill box.

I have 2 geothermal vents inside the walls though so that will pretty much solve any power problems once I research geothermal power.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:05 am

Post by Oso »

It has been a while I played Rimworld and forgot that clearing out large areas of mountains leaves unsupported areas of overhead. Just killed all my pawns in a roof collapse :P
-
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:20 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 5, Oso wrote:It has been a while I played Rimworld and forgot that clearing out large areas of mountains leaves unsupported areas of overhead. Just killed all my pawns in a roof collapse :P
Yep that sounds like Rimworld :lol:
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:33 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

I used to play this game so much a few years back but I always got boned by a huge machine force eventually. But that was before the time there was an endgame
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:42 pm

Post by Oso »

Restarted the game. Pretty good random event. Got 4 retrievers to go along with the initial retriever. Have all my pawns out hunting now to get enough meat to go along with the rice I'm growing to make kibble so they stay alive while I train them up. This was a nice random event.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:46 pm

Post by Oso »

Have 3 3x7 rice fields for food (along with a a 4x10 field growing healing herbs) figure I might add another 3x7 or even a 6x7 just to make rice to make kibble to feed the dogs.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by Oso »

This is so cool. I have 5 dogs.
-
Purrcocet
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:58 am

Post by Purrcocet »

I hide from this game a lot cause it reminds me of my actual life

What world settings do u recommend Ive barely played tbh
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:36 am

Post by Oso »

I'm just getting back into it myself. I'm playing Builder with Cassandra using Crashlanded although I have a second, barely started world set up as an ice sheet challenge with one pawn, Randy as the storyteller and difficulty at max.

I have little doubt that second world will lead quickly to a gruesome death.
-
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:22 am

Post by inte »

i find it hard to play build your own adventure games that reset because i don't want to feel like i got screwed by a decision i made 2 hours ago even tho i really like the gameplay itself
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:08 am

Post by Oso »

In that respect, Rimworld reminds somewhat of Dwarf Fortress. I constantly look at my Rimworld bases and can point right to where I made mistakes earlier that generally end up screwing me (as in killing the colony).
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:48 am

Post by Oso »

Back to the drawing board. Both games ended up with deaders. The icesheet I wandered too far out trying to get a hare for food and ended up freezing to death before I could get back.

The easier one, mistakenly breached an ancient ruin and my defenses were not up to what came out of it :P
-
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:02 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Ah this game.

The game where the most effective survival method is to be as unethical and unorthodox as possible
(Hello cannibalism hello organ harvesting)
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:56 am

Post by Oso »

One thing I never expected to see in this game, even though unethical and unorthodox is the norm, is having a pile of meat in the reefer that says 'Labrador Retriever Meat x20'.
-
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:17 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

I just got combo'd with 5 raids - poison ship - infestation

gg game
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:20 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

One arrow literally blew my dude's brain up
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:16 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

Isn't that like, 1%

so pretty likely to happen
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:17 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

range + solid wall cover is nice
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:11 am

Post by Saudade »

is there a way to multiplayer this game
Passion or coincidence once prompted you to say
"Pride will tear us both apart"
Well, now pride's gone out the window
Cross the rooftops, run away
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:25 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

With a mod, yes.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:26 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Although all it let you do is basically controlling the same colony.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae

Return to “The Arcade”