[1] BrightEyedFish:
mcqueen

[2] Not Voting:
Varsoon, Robert2424

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

The Day 1 deadline is in
: (expired on 2019-02-01 18:00:00)

Spoiler:
Last edited by Xtoxm on Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:59 am

Post by Varsoon »

I wish we were just real masons and not pretend
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:38 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 399, Enter wrote:
In post 396, Almost50 wrote:
In post 376, BrightEyedFish wrote:At the time I posted that question we were only aware of 3 people in the neighborhood.
??? You mean there's no list of neighborhood members on the OP of the neighborhood PT??
There is not.
How do you know there "only" 4 members then???

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:31 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 401, Varsoon wrote:I wish we were just real masons and not pretend
Shhhh if we pretend hard enough maybe itll be real

But hey shitposting aside I'm done playing civ for 7 hours like a fucking degenerate so I'll do a catchup after I eat something
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:46 am

Post by Varsoon »

Civ always disappoints me. I get all excited for the first 50+ turns of discovery and stuff, but then there's like only a handful of optimal strategies and so I go with one and the game becomes 'press next turn to win' for like 100+ more turns depending on how I decided to do it.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:02 pm

Post by Enter »

In post 402, Almost50 wrote:
In post 399, Enter wrote:
In post 396, Almost50 wrote:
In post 376, BrightEyedFish wrote:At the time I posted that question we were only aware of 3 people in the neighborhood.
??? You mean there's no list of neighborhood members on the OP of the neighborhood PT??
There is not.
How do you know there "only" 4 members then???
There are five that we're aware of at this point in time, possibly more. It could be everyone except you for all we know.
In post 404, Varsoon wrote:Civ always disappoints me. I get all excited for the first 50+ turns of discovery and stuff, but then there's like only a handful of optimal strategies and so I go with one and the game becomes 'press next turn to win' for like 100+ more turns depending on how I decided to do it.
I just get disappointed with the other NPCs. I can never get lasting relationships with them.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:13 pm

Post by Varsoon »

They made it a bit easier in the newest game to appease the NPCs but on harder difficulties you basically have to
1. Do everything they like
2. Never settle near them or take their stuff
3. Have a military that's much stronger than theirs

Only then do they pledge allegiance all game.
The biggest thing is the military--even if you're the best ally of all time, if your military sucks, they'll just undermine and eventually turn on you if they realize you're on track to win before them.
And that's really the heart of what I don't like about the game--I want to play this Civilization Sim but it quickly becomes a game of getting to a win condition and prizing that win condition over anything else influences both how I and the NPCs play in a way that doesn't feel conducive towards the sort of nuanced negotiations, relationships, and worldbuilding that I want from the game.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:45 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 404, Varsoon wrote:Civ always disappoints me. I get all excited for the first 50+ turns of discovery and stuff, but then there's like only a handful of optimal strategies and so I go with one and the game becomes 'press next turn to win' for like 100+ more turns depending on how I decided to do it.
In post 406, Varsoon wrote:They made it a bit easier in the newest game to appease the NPCs but on harder difficulties you basically have to
1. Do everything they like
2. Never settle near them or take their stuff
3. Have a military that's much stronger than theirs

Only then do they pledge allegiance all game.
The biggest thing is the military--even if you're the best ally of all time, if your military sucks, they'll just undermine and eventually turn on you if they realize you're on track to win before them.
And that's really the heart of what I don't like about the game--I want to play this Civilization Sim but it quickly becomes a game of getting to a win condition and prizing that win condition over anything else influences both how I and the NPCs play in a way that doesn't feel conducive towards the sort of nuanced negotiations, relationships, and worldbuilding that I want from the game.
I definitely feel this. Whenever I play I get the most enjoyment out of the early game and establishing my fledgling empire, and while the next few eras up through and including the industrial era are fun (albeit less so) after that point you basically settle in from "civ-city world building fun time" to "Okay now I have to pick a victory condition based on what the game state is and only do that because everything else is worthless", or alternatively, "wow I'm not actually in a position to win this game and I might as well start a new one since I'm no longer having fun anyway"

I've never had a problem with the AI backstabbing me, even for weaker militaries, but then I don't really go above Emperor difficulty. Could be something to do with that leaders agenda/personalities/who knows what, plus they get turbo-mad permanently if you ever go to war, which is always a treat. Uhh just be friends with Gilgamesh every game, he accepts all declarations of friendships on the turn you meet him (but might not accept the turn after), and once he's your bro he's always yours bro no matter what, bro.

Also when the expansion comes out I'm hoping for diplomacy/AI/war mongering to no longer be shit what with everything that's being implemented

Anyway I'm up to page 9 and I scumread you, which probably means you're town. Also SkittySkittlesSkittensWhateverTheirNameIs is actually a fine early townread, idk what I was on about. I don't like Enter but neither does anyone else, it's too easy. I'll uh keep reading

UNVOTE:
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:13 pm

Post by Varsoon »

That's fair, I've kinda blown loads this game and I dunno who's likely to be what.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:25 pm

Post by Elbirn »

People of planet Earth, I've finished reading the thread.

And I've decided that I have neither the time nor the willpower to do some wall of text that no one will read or really care about, and that picking over events of the past that I wasn't even involved in won't help the way that being current and playing the game will, and bla bla bla you're getting a reads list and some general stream of consciousness thoughts and that is all and you will all
love it

---------------------

town
Papa Zito
Chara
implosion
skitty

scum
enter
redtea

I feel nothing
persivul
a50

queasy
mcqueen
varsoon

----------------------

1. Enter's voting for BEF was far too confident and in general he says/does things that don't vibe with me, or just don't make sense. EX, everything he's said on the subject of neighborhoods had me like "what in tarnation is this". I'm considering that this is a playstyle thing because apparently no one else vibes with this boy either. Is he lynchbait? More at 11.

2. Mcqueen makes me uncomfortable but I haven't formulated a rational reason why. I just don't like him.

3. Varsoon is scummy but I always think he's scummy it's literally a living meme

4. BEF exists in a nebulous realm below town but above feeling nothing, and I only took him out of my town list because I read Chara describe his reaction to Enter's vote as awkward/bad and then I felt self conscious about being wrong and removed him. *emphatic nodding*

5. If you're in the town list you're my super duper best friends and I'm never lynching you my little lovelies

6. Redtea is scum. She uses many words to say nothing and is eerily fixated on catching 3P which is the oldest scumtell in the book.

VOTE: RedTea
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:29 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 408, Varsoon wrote:That's fair, I've kinda blown loads this game and I dunno who's likely to be what.
Surely you have some reads? An inkling of some sort, anything at all to share?

I know you can't vote but if you would publicly glare really hard in RedTea's direction I would appreciate the support
But you're only allowed to do that if you really, really mean it.
Which means you should probably read her ISO and tell me how you feel.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:38 pm

Post by Enter »

So, your scum read on me is... playstyle doesn't vibe...

and your scum read on redtea is... she's too verbose? Ouch.

Please point out where she's 3p hunting.

I gotta admit, I wasn't a fan of your predecessor (not really posting anything at all, tbh), and the fact that you entered and your reasons are all made up and your reads don't matter doesn't make me like you any more.

VOTE: Elbirn
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:39 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I think that BEF isn't reading which, in general, I'd associate that more likely to come from town than scum.
I couldn't tell you what RedTea's posts are like at all.
Your posts are solid, though the jab at fake masons (FakeSons) and the subsequent "Well I always scumread Varsoon!" has me thrown for a loop.
Uh, who else is in this game?
Enter got wagoned really early but I don't know that they're scum.
I actually think the way their wagon formed and dissipated is probably a good place to look if you're a looking kind of player.
Shit, uh, let's see who you said was in this
A50's given me good vibes, iirc.
Persivul keeps fuckin drillin me and I dunno why
Chara and Zito are kinda just there
implosion exists?
I have no idea who the fuck quesy, queen, and skitty are.

S'bout where I am
So yeah
I suck at this.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:41 pm

Post by Enter »

Honestly I don't like that your reads seem to boil down to : "I don't feel good" and I'd really like more explanations on everything, because what you've got is pretty lacking, but I'll be nice and start with specifics.

Please explain your implosion town read.

Also your chara town read.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:44 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 411, Enter wrote:So, your scum read on me is... playstyle doesn't vibe...

and your scum read on redtea is... she's too verbose? Ouch.

Please point out where she's 3p hunting.

I gotta admit, I wasn't a fan of your predecessor (not really posting anything at all, tbh), and the fact that you entered and your reasons are all made up and your reads don't matter doesn't make me like you any more.

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:49 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 411, Enter wrote: Please point out where she's 3p hunting.
In post 283, redtea wrote: I'm sorry friend but both of those conclusions are terrible. Especially so if it turns out there's a third party.
In post 316, redtea wrote:@skitter30 because Almost50 has said just about nothing useful the entire game despite having a presence. Maybe he is third party?
Related to that
VOTE: Almost30
Until he decides to respond to me.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:54 pm

Post by Enter »

In post 415, Elbirn wrote:
In post 411, Enter wrote: Please point out where she's 3p hunting.
In post 283, redtea wrote: I'm sorry friend but both of those conclusions are terrible. Especially so if it turns out there's a third party.
In post 316, redtea wrote:@skitter30 because Almost50 has said just about nothing useful the entire game despite having a presence. Maybe he is third party?
Related to that
VOTE: Almost30
Until he decides to respond to me.
Thanks. Still town, and we should still lynch somewhere else.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:57 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Enter, what makes you so sure RedTea is town here
Are ya'll secret-fakeSons too?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:00 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 411, Enter wrote: and your scum read on redtea is... she's too verbose? Ouch.
My scumread isn't because she's "verbose", that's not what I said. It's because she is talking a lot, but she is not saying anything. Which is a very different thing.
In post 413, Enter wrote:Honestly I don't like that your reads seem to boil down to : "I don't feel good" and I'd really like more explanations on everything, because what you've got is pretty lacking, but I'll be nice and start with specifics.

Please explain your implosion town read.

Also your chara town read.
Nah lol, I play by sense of smell and I've given you gold considering I just got here. Implosion and Chara are both visibly townie folk. Thats it. Reading them gave me good feelings in my tummy.

And as for you, I was trying to give you some benefit of the doubt in my reads, actually, and that you turned that into a vote on me is like what are you doing? It's kind of exactly my problem with you when I say we don't ~vibe~, I can't tell if your reads are bad and all of your hot-takes are bad because you're scum, or if you're just really enthusiastically and aggressively wrong. Maybe I'm not correct to think this way but I townread people who come to similar conclusions and when other players don't have my conclusions I'm then wondering why their thought process is so different from mine. Reading you in this thread thus far has consisted of me scratching my head and wondering what planet you hail from, and whether our differences are alignment based or play style based.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:05 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 412, Varsoon wrote: A50's given me good vibes, iirc.

[...]

I have no idea who the fuck quesy, queen, and skitty are.
1. What about A50 makes you feel the good feels, he's largely neutral and kinda cheeky, whatever that indicates for him I do not know yet

2. Queasy is an emotion, not a person. I uh coulda done with some underlining. Mcqueen is the race car with eyes. Skitty skittles skitters whoever, she's the world avatar lady and past her awkward opening I generally had similar thoughts/conclusions to her so I feel good. She's talked a fair amount, you don't recall her at all?
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:07 pm

Post by redtea »

I was hoping to comment this earlier but, the repeated mentioning of a third party was mostly an "open to possibilities" thing that I only took into serious consideration trying to get a read on a50. By that point I'd already brought it up a few times, so it does feel like I'm repeating myself.
Of course mentioning this doesn't change my standing.

Sorry for the nothing post, I'll have to come back to all this later today.
@Elbirn I understand the Chara read but could you explain implosion a bit?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:10 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Oh no people are going to make me actually think aren't they
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:14 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Don't recall skittles at all.

A50's tone, I think. That cheekiness. Maybe it's just how A50 posts. I also wonder if that dude's 50 or older yet and if when he does turn 50, he'll make a new account since he won't be almost 50 any longer.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by mcqueen »

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:28 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Spoiler:
Last edited by Xtoxm on Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”