Newbie 1912 [GAME COMPLETE]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:39 pm

Post by Nauci »

Vote Count 2.4

RCEnigma
(PvtUrist)
(2) -
Enter
Enter
Thespio

Munchmellow (1) -
RCEnigma
(PvtUrist)

MagikHorse (1) -
muh316

muh316 (1) -
MagikHorse

UNVOTE/Not Voting (2) -
Skellen
RCEnigma
(PvtUrist)
Munchmellow
MagikHorse
Enter
muh316
Thespio

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch or not lynch.

Day 2 ends in (expired on 2019-01-30 07:00:00).
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:31 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 1118, muh316 wrote:In regards to RCE's slot. I know
this isn't really considered AI
in general, but I think pvtUrist replaced out intentionally to clear out his slot. I looked at his post history and he's been active in his other games, even leading up to his replacement.
I've seen this strategy used a couple times by scum who replace out their slot once they get pressured.
They think it gives their replacement a clean slate to work with.

Tying this in with RCE's initial self-scumread,
this looks like an attempt at "cleaning" a slot that
was
heavily scumread.
It really urks me how you can try to condemn someone but not really, you are playing the border. Ill highlight the text above im referring to. You start out stating this post doesnt matter because its not ai, then you try to agree with us while using past tense verbage to describe their actions as if they arent anymore. this is a huge red flag for me, because to me if you are scum this isnt your partner. and town dont step on eggshells to discuss everyones number one sr. It looks like you are trying to agree with us without actually looking too deep at RCE, so if RCE shows he is town you wont be his first pick.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:16 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Why are you voting me and simultaneously chainsaw defending me? Are you scumreading Muh? I don't recall if you've posted your reads or not, from what I could tell munch and I were your scumspects and Enter briefly but I didn't really read your back and forth, kind of tuned out to those.
In post 1084, Thespio wrote:You flipped out when i suggested we not ignore your skummy wagon.

Dude we talked about this D1, I want to look at PVTs slot. I want RCE to explain the shiftyness of their slot and why their vote didnt move.

Also im not failing to be objective you are just arent explaining yourself you just say you were misrepped
I've explained why I didn't vote, I imagine I would have been up Shits Creek without a paddle if I did so damned if I do damned if I don't.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:22 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 829, Nauci wrote:
Vote Count 1.16

Elements (4) -
Thespio
MagikHorse
Thespio
MagikHorse
Loopdan
Munchmellow

Loopdan (3) -
Enter
muh316
Skellen
Thespio
Thespio
Elements

Thespio (1) -
RCEnigma
(PvtUrist)
Munchmellow
Elements

UNVOTE/Not Voting (1) -
Skellen
RCEnigma
(PvtUrist)
Munchmellow
Elements
MagikHorse
Enter
muh316
Thespio
Loopdan
muh316
Thespio
Loopdan
Skellen
Thespio
Munchmellow

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch or not lynch.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2019-01-21 05:00:00).

Mod Notes

Enter is V/LA for (expired on 2019-01-22 12:00:00).
Thespio is V/LA for (expired on 2019-01-20 10:00:00).
I am unavailable today from about 1 pm to 8 pm PST because flying; will check as soon as possible if there are updates.
In post 935, Nauci wrote:
Vote Count 1.17

Loopdan (4) -
Enter
muh316
Skellen
Thespio
Thespio
Elements
MagikHorse

Elements (2) -
Thespio
MagikHorse
Thespio
MagikHorse
Loopdan
Munchmellow

Thespio (1) -
RCEnigma
(PvtUrist)
Munchmellow
Elements

UNVOTE/Not Voting (2) -
Skellen
RCEnigma
(PvtUrist)
Munchmellow
Elements
MagikHorse
Enter
muh316
Thespio
Loopdan
muh316
Thespio
Loopdan
Skellen
Thespio
Munchmellow
MagikHorse
Munchmellow

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch or not lynch.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2019-01-21 05:00:00).

Mod Notes

Enter is V/LA for (expired on 2019-01-22 12:00:00).
Thespio has been prodded. If the day ends before he posts, he is required to pm me or post in any relevant PTs before the next day begins, or I will seek a replacement before night is over.

I am unavailable today from about 1 pm to 8 pm PST because flying; will check as soon as possible if there are updates.

I apologize if I'm not able to process the results in the next 90 minutes that I'm up in the air.

VCs from after I caught up, posted intent to hammer Elements and he claimed. Wagon flipped to Loop, offered to stretch the deadline since I would have been active around then and it was snap hammered anyway. I don't believe in vanity voting it's not useful. At least not in these setups generally.

Accurate account of EoD regarding my non voting.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:04 am

Post by muh316 »

In post 1126, Thespio wrote:
In post 1118, muh316 wrote:In regards to RCE's slot. I know
this isn't really considered AI
in general, but I think pvtUrist replaced out intentionally to clear out his slot. I looked at his post history and he's been active in his other games, even leading up to his replacement.
I've seen this strategy used a couple times by scum who replace out their slot once they get pressured.
They think it gives their replacement a clean slate to work with.

Tying this in with RCE's initial self-scumread,
this looks like an attempt at "cleaning" a slot that
was
heavily scumread.
It really urks me how you can try to condemn someone but not really, you are playing the border. Ill highlight the text above im referring to. You start out stating this post doesnt matter because its not ai, then you try to agree with us while using past tense verbage to describe their actions as if they arent anymore. this is a huge red flag for me, because to me if you are scum this isnt your partner. and town dont step on eggshells to discuss everyones number one sr. It looks like you are trying to agree with us without actually looking too deep at RCE, so if RCE shows he is town you wont be his first pick.
No, that's not what I was going for. In my experience, replacements and activity aren't really considered AI. I knew I was going to be called out for that so I started out by saying that. I'm not going to build my case upon these actions but they also give support to my scumread on RCE. As I've stated, him and Magik are my top two scumreads so this case isn't coming out of nowhere. I'd rather focus on Magik and pressure him since the rest of you are doing a good job with RCE.

Then I used past tense because pvt WAS scumread during that point in the game. He was at L-2 in the very early stages of the game and then we all sorta forgot about him because of the replacement. If I was talking about RCE, I would use present tense.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:07 am

Post by RCEnigma »

I wouldn't say good job, the cases made against me are made out of plastic held together with Play-Doh.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:56 am

Post by muh316 »

In post 1122, MagikHorse wrote:Would this have been different if Elements claimed to be a VT instead? If the answer is yes, you need to reconsider exactly why this is your focus at all.
I see where you're coming from now. My reasoning was that scum wouldn't want to be on a VT wagon and would rather shift their focus elsewhere. But I can see why someone would want to branch out to other possible suspects. I was pretty much set on lynching Loop D1 so my mindset was different from yours. The pocketing stuff still stands so I'll downgrade you to a
FOS: Magik

UNVOTE: Magik
In post 1122, MagikHorse wrote:It's also really convenient that it was both easy and the only thing you had at that time besides copycatting Enter. It makes it sound like you didn't really have anything before and just decided to hop on and ride when it looked like a good lynch target. Loop called it opportunistic in 266, and I can't help but agree that it's a really easy case to jump aboard off of such an easy reason and ride to the finish.
Here's the response to that.
Spoiler:
In post 723, muh316 wrote:Yes, the argument he made was convincing enough for me to solidify my vote on him. If I see a strong case, I'll evaluate it and if I agree I'll go with it. It's how I always play.

I'd vote RCE right now but I'm not comfortable putting him at L-1 just yet. So yet another
FOS: RCE
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:58 am

Post by muh316 »

In post 1129, muh316 wrote:I'd rather focus on Magik and pressure him since the rest of you are doing a good job with RCE.
Also, I know I'm going to get asked about this. I hadn't read Magik's rebuttal when I wrote this. I usually read posts on the newest page first and move my way backwards.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:56 am

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 1130, RCEnigma wrote:I wouldn't say good job, the cases made against me are made out of plastic held together with Play-Doh.
Honestly I think his problem is that he's not actually giving enough effort to this game, if his own words are to be believed. Either he's lazy town poking at whatever mild surface level concerns he sees and not considering what they might mean all that well or he's lazy scum trying to slip by with minimal effort by staying on Enter's good side. Either way, something needs to give there.

Like, I get that people are scared of me, but it all seems to be a combination of "he's good" and "he tried to pocket Loop", the first which isn't a reason at all and the latter which seems pretty sub-par for scum!me if you consider the alternatives (primarily in pocketing the much less at-risk Enter) and doesn't really fit with the former. It feels more like paranoia than an actual case, especially since both pieces don't fit together nicely.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:01 am

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 1131, muh316 wrote:Here's the response to that.
Spoiler:
In post 723, muh316 wrote:Yes, the argument he made was convincing enough for me to solidify my vote on him. If I see a strong case, I'll evaluate it and if I agree I'll go with it. It's how I always play.
This is just sheeping still. This does nothing to counter Loop's original point that it was a convenient wagon for you to hop onto.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:01 am

Post by Enter »

I don't think "scared" is the correct word.

I'd like to see town play from magik and RCE today.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:11 am

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 1135, Enter wrote:I don't think "scared" is the correct word.

I'd like to see town play from you too.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:12 am

Post by MagikHorse »

And if "scared" isn't the right word, then what is? Paranoid?
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:00 pm

Post by Enter »

In post 1136, MagikHorse wrote:
In post 1135, Enter wrote:I don't think "scared" is the correct word.

I'd like to see town play from you too.
I'd like to see you have reads and push them.

And "frustrated" might be a better word.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:49 pm

Post by Nauci »

Mod Notes

Munchmellow has been prodded.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:27 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 1138, Enter wrote:I'd like to see you have reads and push them.

I have a scumread on Muh and am actively pushing things on him and countering his points against me. What more do you expect right now?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:49 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1131, muh316 wrote:I'd vote RCE right now but I'm not comfortable putting him at L-1 just yet. So yet another FOS: RCE

Do it, the sooner I get flipped the sooner Munch gets lynched.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:01 pm

Post by Thespio »

In post 1140, MagikHorse wrote:

I have a scumread on Muh and am actively pushing things on him and countering his points against me. What more do you expect right now?
Looking over muh all he does is echo, but just a tone less aggressive than who he is echoing, there’s no original arguements, the verbage they use give them an out, if we flip RCE and they are green muh could easily say they were hesitant on the wagon and that they weren’t going all out. I want rce to stop being lazy and engage but that makes me feel like they are town, certainly scum would be more survivalistic. This makes muh a my new #1 and RCE a close second.

VOTE: Muh
Munchmellow
Munchmellow
Goon
Munchmellow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:11 pm

Post by Munchmellow »

Sry guys, had to go befor I could finish my readings on Thespio and than family weekend kind of happened. Will read quickly read this last four pages so I can comment...
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:14 pm

Post by Enter »

Alright, I think I see the problem. Gimme a sec:
In post 1142, Thespio wrote:

Looking over muh all he does is echo, but just a tone less aggressive than who he is echoing, there’s no original arguements, the verbage they use give them an out, if we flip RCE and they are green muh could easily say they were hesitant on the wagon and that they weren’t going all out. I want rce to stop being lazy and engage but that makes me feel like they are town, certainly scum would be more survivalistic. This makes muh a my new #1 and RCE a close second.

VOTE: Muh
You are going to drive me insane. I don't know why this is so funny to me, but it is. Alright. Anyways, back to the point:

Here's what (I think) the big problem is:

muh: I want all of your thoughts. Don't quote anyone, if you can avoid it. (Post numbers are fine, it's hard to follow train of thoughts through quotes, however). It's fine if you summarize your scum reads at the moment, but I'd like you to talk in depth at least on all your town reads.

Munch: Same thing. Only your town reads (we have your scum reads already) although if you want to talk about anything new you've found as far as scum are concerned, I don't think anyone's stopping you. If you just want to talk about how your reads have changed from yesterday and the like, that's also fine.

Thespio: Also, if you would be so kind, drop all your town reads. Explain in detail.

I don't care if these take a couple days to work on and they don't have to be huge. Basically what this is a consistency check (so we can observe opportunism later in the day/ check against past/future reads/ look for scumbuddies when someone flips later). I think this should significantly clear up reads.
Munchmellow
Munchmellow
Goon
Munchmellow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:27 pm

Post by Munchmellow »

In post 1041, Thespio wrote:Weren’t you part of my wagon?
Why do you think loops wagon felt wrong? Why didn’t you actively push against it? Pvt/RCE wasn’t involved how do you feel about the people who lynched loop?
I voted you quite early and stated my reasons. I didn't want to move to loop, because I townleaned him and I felt Enter was exaggerating when making his case against Loop. So I thought wagon was wierd, because it seem quite some people were easily convinced with Enter's case (and I didn't feel that way). So I was thinking that some scum eagerly jumped on that wagon and that made me question Loop as scum even more. And I push strongly only when I am sure or feel strongly about sth. With Loop, it was only a town lean and his first reaction (giving up) could be interpreted as scummy - so no, I wasn't dead certain I am right.
At least 1scum lynched loop, could easily be two. I already posted my thought about everyone (will post my reading on you when I catch up reading what I missed in the last 2days).
Munchmellow
Munchmellow
Goon
Munchmellow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:31 pm

Post by Munchmellow »

In post 1042, Thespio wrote:Enter is set town for you?
I mean, nothing is 100%, but I don't think he would go after loop with those walls and so 100% sure, if he would be scum. I admit it seems like a good scum tactic, but it could easily backfire and result in Enters lynch D2. If I want to sort people, I have to townlean some, otherwise it's just a big mess of thinking everyone could be a scum.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:35 pm

Post by Enter »

I honestly don't care if Munch answers my question, I asked it because RCE hasn't and I wanted people to see why I'm townreading her. I think the last two posts are indicative of what I mean. For further evidence you should look at our discussion at end of day yesterday.

I have no intention of ever seeing a Munch lynch go through to the amount that I can control it.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:38 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

What question?
Munchmellow
Munchmellow
Goon
Munchmellow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:38 pm

Post by Munchmellow »

In post 1055, Thespio wrote:1. Munch agreed with you and hes near the top of your town list. Point made.
I agreed with what?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”