Song Contest 128 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:57 am

Post by toolenduso »

TIL that Swaziland has changed its name to eSwatini.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:01 pm

Post by toolenduso »

I submitted a band I only know about because they opened for another band I like once, a band I've never met another fan of, that seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth after releasing their album. But it's a pretty good album, and now I'm gonna make y'all listen to the first track.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:53 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 36, Parama wrote:
In post 34, Irrelephant11 wrote:Is average or decent better
Decent is better

It goes GOOD -> DECENT -> AVERAGE -> MEDIOCRE and I used to have BAD and DID NOT FINISH but I haven't had a reason to care about anything I disliked that much so they don't get rated anymore
No "GREAT?"
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:29 am

Post by toolenduso »

Welp, I did not expect that. But glad everyone liked it so much! I'd definitely check out the rest of the album, unfortunately the band was not very long-lived and I guess they have one more album (EP?) but I've never heard it. Other favorite tracks on this album (All At Once):

-Window Frames
-Programs
-What Are You

They're all good, but some of them are just better than others is all.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:35 am

Post by toolenduso »

In post 51, Parama wrote:I checked out the album and it's so bizarre that the reissue removed 1. The title track, which 2. Is one of the best songs on the album

The Gabriel Kahane album was cool too, Kensington a bit more mixed & suffers from production issues pretty consistently
It is kind of weird they removed the title track, yeah. Especially when the album wasn't that long to begin with. But my brother and I bought it from their merch table at a show and that version didn't have the title track, so I didn't even know about it until years later when I started listening to music on YouTube consistently. And by then the track felt kind of weird to me, like a rare b-side or something.

Return to “General Discussion”