Scummies Nominations 2018

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:50 am

Post by northsidegal »

the image in the table isn't fully updated, to view the full one you can copy the image location and them remove "&format=image" from the url
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:53 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Nominate Plotinus for Excellent Moderation

Most people probably think of modfather as going to someone who ran the wackiest, craziest large theme games that there are, but I think there's another angle that should be looked at here. Over the course of 2018 Plotinus has very repeatedly moderated very consistently high quality newbie games. By my count there were 11 or 12 – more than any other mod, I believe. There are consistent votecounts with often intriguing, interesting or informative flavor. Plotinus handles any issues that come up very professionally. Important game information like rules, reveals and more are all presented very clearly, above and beyond what is simply expected of a moderator. Even in something like the mod thread, it's clear that a lot of thought has gone into things.

Especially for newbie games, I would argue that this level of quality makes a significant difference. A poorly moderated newbie game could cause a newcomer to flake – a very nicely moderated newbie game might cause someone to stick around. To that end, I think Plot probably holds the standard of quality for newbie games that all other mods should aspire to.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:03 am

Post by northsidegal »

Nom Gerrymandering Shadow Government Democracy Mafia for Best Setup

It's not exactly a recent game but looking back I definitely think it's worth consideration. The whole campaigning, election and party system was really unique in a way that differentiated itself a lot from just simple Kingmaker and opened up a lot of design space for unique and interesting roles that went really well with the flavor. Like, there were just so many mechanics coming together in a way that, in my view, never detracted from the core gameplay: the party system itself, party PTs, public announcements, voter fraud and correspondingly the electoral commission, and probably more I'm forgetting.

It ended up being pretty hard on the town, but I still think the setup was among the most creative I've seen this year.

Maybe someone else who was in the game could add a bit more.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:05 am

Post by northsidegal »

there are no game of the year award nominations yet

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:32 am

Post by northsidegal »

i nominated gunner mafia. forgot to copy what i wrote there, though.

don't know too much about all of those but i think they'd all be very valid noms.

things fall apart

Return to “Mafia Discussion”