Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:56 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 373, Celica wrote:
In post 5, Ankamius wrote:Are we planning on strategizing coin amount at all, because I'm going to be very picky with who I accept as a partner thanks to that mechanic
Exactly why we shouldn't claim our coins. I don't think coin count should go into who we partner. I've spectated a few of these and I think a lot of the most telling interactions are pre-dance. I can see some gents/ladies wanting to put a pair together based on coin count. That can easily be said by town or scum, but I feel it takes away a bit of reasoning and scumhunting. So I would rather we just not do it at all
In post 22, Ankamius wrote:Okay

I'm mainly asking because I'm the 8 coin lady, so whoever my partner is gets some pretty spicy voting power this game

And tbh regardless of what people think, I'd rather just not accept a partner than specifically partner with someone I find scummy

So keep that in mind
. Well um, I understand why you were worried, but I don't think you should've claimed that so fast even if your intent was to claim sometime. I FOS this a bit mostly because being it can set Ankamius with her ideal partner as scum. Even if town wanted to claim the high coin count (and I can understand why.) Doing it this early just doesn't seem correct, along with the timing of the 2 posts. It's meh.
I'm curious what you think my motivation was for claiming my coins
Celica
Celica
Goon
Celica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:02 pm

Post by Celica »

In post 53, Krazy wrote:Fundamentally we need 4 people that are absolutely locktown, because scum will kill one of our top two pairings. Then we need a pairing that will accept that the top 2 pairing truly is locktown so that one of them will reliably lynch themselves in 4-way. If we can do that we should win.

Also this setup got rid of the Innocent Child, and scum were already kind of doing OK in the dances, so I want to say this game is probably already 55% scumfavored to 45% townfavored so if it's a loss it's all G
Yeah a lot of this. Along with the fact paranoia in reads happen etc etc. Coming up with 3 lock town pairs along with the townwork it would require for it to truly work is most likely not gonna work. We'd also be basing our game on 1 day phase.
In post 99, Adelbert Steiner wrote:I have not played this before, but I believe that we should probably come together and decide who is the scummiest gentleman first, that gentleman will be eliminated by not having a dance partner. After that, I am going to be learning whilst doing.

So far, my only read is Slaxx as a townlean.
I've townread and scumread this post a few times. Mostly because it's a very captain obvious post and I can't tell how I wanna read it. I'm leaning on just wondering if anyone else finds it good/weird. Along with leaving it alone
In post 103, the worst wrote:scumreading me for ???reasons??? and then backing it up because I did something you'd do as scum is baffling. why did you guess Slaxx 2as my townread in the first place?
Was this post serious or a joke. I can't tell with you the worst
In post 112, Ankamius wrote:
In post 89, the worst wrote:
In post 82, Ankamius wrote:
In post 76, the worst wrote:Ank
How are you townreading me already?
N0 cop obviously
I'm not townreading you I was just going to ask you to please keep posting so I don't deathtunnel you
Why would you deathtunnel me this early in the game? That's a bizarre statement from you with our most recent history of your earliest reads on me being wrong.
Can you give more detail on this? Links would be nice
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:07 pm

Post by Krazy »

Celica what would you say your scumrange is?
vote conspiracy
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 376, Celica wrote:
In post 112, Ankamius wrote:Why would you deathtunnel me this early in the game? That's a bizarre statement from you with our most recent history of your earliest reads on me being wrong.
The two I'm referring to

Heroes Wanted -> Replaced into a town slot, the worst was paranoia scumreading me for a good chunk of my time in the game
the second one I'm referring to is a much more recent game offsite where I rolled scum and he was townreading me until he got lynched
Celica
Celica
Goon
Celica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:09 pm

Post by Celica »

In post 375, Ankamius wrote:
In post 5, Ankamius wrote:Are we planning on strategizing coin amount at all, because I'm going to be very picky with who I accept as a partner thanks to that mechanic
Exactly why we shouldn't claim our coins. I don't think coin count should go into who we partner. I've spectated a few of these and I think a lot of the most telling interactions are pre-dance. I can see some gents/ladies wanting to put a pair together based on coin count. That can easily be said by town or scum, but I feel it takes away a bit of reasoning and scumhunting. So I would rather we just not do it at all

I'm mainly asking because I'm the 8 coin lady, so whoever my partner is gets some pretty spicy voting power this game

And tbh regardless of what people think, I'd rather just not accept a partner than specifically partner with someone I find scummy

So keep that in mind
. Well um, I understand why you were worried, but I don't think you should've claimed that so fast even if your intent was to claim sometime. I FOS this a bit mostly because being it can set Ankamius with her ideal partner as scum. Even if town wanted to claim the high coin count (and I can understand why.) Doing it this early just doesn't seem correct, along with the timing of the 2 posts. It's meh.
Mostly because I think you wanted to be more appealing to the gentlemen so you get your pick at your partner. I can see the logic in town you having the eight coins and wanting to be careful on who you want as a partner. What I think is the weird part is I see no reason for town you to say that so early because people are obviously going to read you differently now that you've said you have 8 coins. Scum you wouldn't mind that though. So main motivation was to help your partner choice, along with I barely see any reason why you claim that early.
Celica
Celica
Goon
Celica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:10 pm

Post by Celica »

In post 377, Krazy wrote:Celica what would you say your scumrange is?
I wouldn't say I'm
bad
at scum, but I wouldn't say I'm amazing either. Why?
In post 378, Ankamius wrote:
In post 376, Celica wrote:
In post 112, Ankamius wrote:Why would you deathtunnel me this early in the game? That's a bizarre statement from you with our most recent history of your earliest reads on me being wrong.
The two I'm referring to

Heroes Wanted -> Replaced into a town slot, the worst was paranoia scumreading me for a good chunk of my time in the game
the second one I'm referring to is a much more recent game offsite where I rolled scum and he was townreading me until he got lynched
Thanks I'll look at heroes later!
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:14 pm

Post by Krazy »

You're the only alt I haven't figured out yet of course :p

What's your top 3 favorite anime?
vote conspiracy
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:19 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 379, Celica wrote:

So keep that in mind
Mostly because I think you wanted to be more appealing to the gentlemen so you get your pick at your partner. I can see the logic in town you having the eight coins and wanting to be careful on who you want as a partner. What I think is the weird part is I see no reason for town you to say that so early because people are obviously going to read you differently now that you've said you have 8 coins. Scum you wouldn't mind that though. So main motivation was to help your partner choice, along with I barely see any reason why you claim that early.
mmmmmmm, that's pretty far away from the actual truth for either alignment

also, you claim that people will see me differently now that they know I have 8 coins, but why is that necessarily worse for town-me than scum-me?
Celica
Celica
Goon
Celica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:23 pm

Post by Celica »

In post 134, Adelbert Steiner wrote:
In post 132, the worst wrote:the only time I've seen you be this lolconfident about a read was an s/s so you're heavily pinging me with this shit
How would this be s/s, though?

Are you claiming scum right now Sir Goose?
I want to call Ade town for this post. I was hardscumreading it at first and then I thought. 'Does scum Ade look at this and post it?' I leaned no because it's just so bad. Given he's an alt he probably has enough mafia experience. If he was a newbie I would sr that still, but here? Na
In post 158, Allomancer wrote:Oh noes firebringer stole the girl I was gonna ask to dance. That's an instant scumread.

In all seriousness though, FoS at FB and TW for pairing up so quickly. Someone isn't going to get to dance, and we have to strategize about who it should be. Now FB and TW live anyway, even if we suspect them.
In post 79, Krazy wrote:1: mcqueen - Nancy Drew 39
2: Slaxx -- Ankamius
3: Pink ball -- Celica
4: Adelbert Steiner -- jibril
5: Krazy -- Dunnstral
6: Firebringer -- the worst
7: Reinhardt -- Alisae
8: PvtUrist -- Clemency

predance -- allomancer

Here we go guys I solved the game now we can spend the rest of this thread shitposting
Why do I die here?
I found the instant dance up towny not scummy. Mostly because it would obviously bring attention to both the players in question. I don't see why scum want to do that right away. It felt like an IDGAF town move.
In post 177, Allomancer wrote:The worst is town.
Firebringer and Adelbert are scum.
You're welcome.
What makes you say this
In post 178, Dunnstral wrote:I propose the ladies keep their gold count a secret

No innocent child in this version of the setup? Interesting
I wonder what that was mostly for. Not really like in a mafia sense, but in a gamemaker sense that I wanna know why FG did this in the first place. However this is a post game conversation or for my partner PT that I can rant in...if people want to partner with me that is.
Celica
Celica
Goon
Celica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:28 pm

Post by Celica »

In post 381, Krazy wrote:You're the only alt I haven't figured out yet of course :p

I haven't watched a lot of anime recently! Also if I was gonna try to truly keep myself hidden wouldn't I just give you an answer that'd throw you off :P
In post 382, Ankamius wrote:

So keep that in mind

also, you claim that people will see me differently now that they know I have 8 coins, but why is that necessarily worse for town-me than scum-me?
I don't really get your first sentence, are you saying you wouldn't do either situation?
It's worse for town you because the reads are less genuine, and people can make the read of 'I want to put ank with this person because they have 8 coins.' Compared to a read where they can't do that if you just kept it hidden. I don't see why town would want that where scum don't really care.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:33 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

You guys started without me </3
Celica
Celica
Goon
Celica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:34 pm

Post by Celica »

In post 205, Ankamius wrote:Also, I only plan on accepting a gentleman I'm very sure is town so thanks for agreeing with me Dunn
You act like however you say yes to being a dance partner with is gonna instant hammer or swing the vote they have around. When in reality if they don't vote who the town mainly agrees on they're most likely going to get lynched. (Well you would be as well, but not the point here)
In post 213, Allomancer wrote:Ank and Urist are null
Dunn is town
In post 217, Allomancer wrote:
In post 215, Slaxx wrote:
In post 213, Allomancer wrote:Ank and Urist are null
Dunn is town
reasons!

Why is Dunn town?
Good analysis, seems towny.
Don't worry yourself, this is early on, reads can and will change.
I like the bluntness of this statement. Seems towny I'd dance with Allo at the moment. Then again we might just have a pt of me begging for reasons for half of Allos post and him giving me the cold shoulder.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:34 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 384, Celica wrote:I haven't watched a lot of anime recently! Also if I was gonna try to truly keep myself hidden wouldn't I just give you an answer that'd throw you off
Interesting... very interesting.

But okay, the important thing is established, which is that Maria isn't in this game. It's okay Dunn, you're safe.
vote conspiracy
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:34 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Is Clem already taken?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:35 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Scumreading Pink Ball
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:36 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Celica looks very easy to townread

Stay vigilant everyone, that's how those wily ladies get you
Celica
Celica
Goon
Celica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:37 pm

Post by Celica »

In post 244, Firebringer wrote:
In post 239, Firebringer wrote:Dunnstral is scum.
Dunnie and Worstie don't seem S/S though. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHH
What interactions are you talking about here.
In post 248, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 237, Slaxx wrote:
In post 235, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 189, Slaxx wrote:
In post 182, Dunnstral wrote:People jumping on fb already are probably scummy

I haven't read anything yet
Why even say that if you haven't read? Why not let it naturally progress instead of trying stifling it while you catchup?
Because he's lynchbait

Read the past dance games
Being lynchbait doesn't make you immune to scumreads

My fucking god I might as well make it my sig.
I still hold that people jumping on firebringer early are scummy
What for? I get you said he's lynchbait, but that doesn't mean fire can't be scummy. If he's lynchbait it's more likely he's to get scumreads right? So I don't really get your logic here
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:38 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 389, Dunnstral wrote:Scumreading Pink Ball
You're shitposting like the first pages?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:39 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Serious read

Leave Pink Ball out of the dance
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:40 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 384, Celica wrote:
In post 381, Krazy wrote:You're the only alt I haven't figured out yet of course :p

I haven't watched a lot of anime recently! Also if I was gonna try to truly keep myself hidden wouldn't I just give you an answer that'd throw you off :P
In post 382, Ankamius wrote:

So keep that in mind

I don't really get your first sentence, are you saying you wouldn't do either situation?
It's worse for town you because the reads are less genuine, and people can make the read of 'I want to put ank with this person because they have 8 coins.' Compared to a read where they can't do that if you just kept it hidden. I don't see why town would want that where scum don't really care.
correct.

you already read past the part where I explained why I wouldn't need to use my coin count to help me find a partner as town; I'm good enough at obvtowning myself when I try to that it's hard to believe that we would ever reach a situation where I would be without a partner when there's more gentlemen than ladies. Buuuuuut a small part of what went into that decision is knowing that it's entirely possible that I'll be specifically put with someone scummy on purpose and it's a lot less likely now.

as scum, I would just grandstand around it if I was worried about how I was going to be read. I don't see much point in just giving out my biggest advantage when I can milk it instead; I also don't have a strong enough scumgame to be able to reliably deflect that extra attention forever, especially since there are multiple people here that are very likely to look for scumsigns from me from early on since I recently won a scumgame against them... and double especially since as the 'strongest' lady in the setup, I'd naturally have more attention on me just from that fact alone. That kind of play requires a strong scumplayer to pull off and that isn't me

as for your response to the second line, that's exactly what is indicative about it; wouldn't you say that it could provide associatives to look back on later?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:41 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

You're not the strongest lady in the setup, you make somebody else the strongest gentlemen. Important distinction.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:42 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 88, PvtUrist wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen.
THIS IS MAMBO N°5
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:42 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 386, Celica wrote:
In post 205, Ankamius wrote:Also, I only plan on accepting a gentleman I'm very sure is town so thanks for agreeing with me Dunn
You act like however you say yes to being a dance partner with is gonna instant hammer or swing the vote they have around. When in reality if they don't vote who the town mainly agrees on they're most likely going to get lynched. (Well you would be as well, but not the point here)
Depending on the scumteam, this could be gamewinning for them
Celica
Celica
Goon
Celica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by Celica »

In post 250, Ankamius wrote:I can kinda buy Slaxx as town too

I'm not as convinced by it though
Tell me more? I see a lot of slax townreads, but all I remember is him getting angry a lot that it makes me wanna ignore his posts
In post 273, Ankamius wrote:
In post 264, the worst wrote:
In post 263, Ankamius wrote:
In post 255, Firebringer wrote:
In post 248, Dunnstral wrote:I still hold that people jumping on firebringer early are scummy
and you posting that is such a scum u move imo.
idk if Dunn-scum opens the game with that really weird push on me though?
talk to me about this?
it's not the kind of thing I'm holding on to too much since I think he's only seen my weak games, but he's seen mastina hype me up enough to have an idea that starting a game by provoking me for two posts and then moving on to other stuff might not be the best idea

but it's also been a long time since we played any games together and he doesn't have much reason to even remember me, so it's more a weak baseline for a read than anything
Yeah what you're using as a reason (the bold) is such a specific detail that I doubt dunnstral came in the game and remembered this.
In post 284, Firebringer wrote:Man I am annoyed at this game already Dunny.

How you doing btw?
What's got you upset?
In post 299, Ankamius wrote:I'm kinda getting the impression that either everybody contentposting right now are town or that there's only one scum in that same list
Interesting. I'm gonna note this as me not being in the moment to understand.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:46 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 393, Dunnstral wrote:Serious read