BooneyToonz Extravaganza: LAST NIGHT TOMORROW

PenguinPower
.peng
 
User avatar
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6700  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:52 pm

Pretty sure roles not in the RoleBook/Boon Bank count as variants.

Any role from the RoleBook, 1 from the Boon Bank, and 2 variants/extra Boon Bank roles.
PM Untrod Tripod if you want to be a designated replacement for Team Mafia 2020.

Shamed

BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 27, 2013
Location: Various Waterways
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6701  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:09 am

In post 6686, DrewVa wrote:Let's consider the likelihood, rather high, that he got a sticky fruit. We already have a strong indication that the scum have a sticky fruit vendor given the events surrounding TLK. So they vended fruit to Elsa last night, protecting him and asceticizing him.




TLK received the fruit from Profii right? Iirc Profii said he didn't send tlk the fruit and was probably redirected.

That would mean there are 2 vendors one of each alignment? Because I don't see scum!stickyvendor sending Profii OR tlk fruit.

DrewVa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2018
Location: out of this world
Pronoun: They

Post Post #6702  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:15 am

First I was a bit confused because I thought sticky fruit was also a protective

That aside, I guess I'm still kinda confused about the sticky fruit. Who did profii try to send it to originally?

-d
Show

BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 27, 2013
Location: Various Waterways
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6703  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:37 am

In post 6702, DrewVa wrote:First I was a bit confused because I thought sticky fruit was also a protective

That aside, I guess I'm still kinda confused about the sticky fruit. Who did profii try to send it to originally?

-d


Supposedly profii sent the fruit to the same person he gifted loyal on N1. I don't recall if the loyal person was outed or not.

profii
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 19, 2017

Post Post #6704  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:50 am

That’s right and they aren’t outed yet

Nero Cain
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: December 07, 2009
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6705  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:17 am

I think I wanna vote Elsa.
Join the Fantasy Football league today!
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80085

Nancy Drew 39
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 14, 2018
Location: Designated WOAT killer
Pronoun: She

Post Post #6706  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:27 am

In post 6684, profii wrote:NEWS JUST IN


I have the neighborizor

Still want to lynch S_S for not hammering - but I’ll at least re read why I shouldn’t and reconsider


Oh good. *relieved*

Thing with Nancy is we just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it.

(I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~ the worst

DrewVa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2018
Location: out of this world
Pronoun: They

Post Post #6707  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:33 am

In post 6686, DrewVa wrote:We switched back to Elsa for the moment.

I still think there's a high chance both SS and Elsa are scum. But as a disloyal rolecop claim, if SS is telling the truth scum might kill him even to avoid the consequences when he flips town despite the mislynch potential later (probably not tho).

Elsa as scum might possibly be a higher value target for the moment. Let's consider the likelihood, rather high, that he got a sticky fruit. We already have a strong indication that the scum have a sticky fruit vendor given the events surrounding TLK. So they vended fruit to Elsa last night, protecting him and asceticizing him.

One of my main concerns here regarding SS was that he emphatically encouraged us to vig Elsa last night; this desire was based on the rolecop claim, but if he was coordinating with the vendor and Elsa it is likely he just wanted us to waste our limited night actions on that slot.

BUT it would also be good to get rid of the fruit, and since Profii has now received the Neighborizor shot there's at least some % chance that SS is actually town. Elsa is probably the more likely red flip. If he's green, then wtf, how does scum have both a sticky fruit vendor and an enchantress? That sounds like bullshit to me.

SS's claim is still kinda garbage, and both of his results tell us almost nothing. Elsa already claimed traitor, Xtoxm was already obviously town. No new info on either of those. Frankly I think if he was town his choices would be better.

I'll talk about it with Nancy some more but for now VOTE: Elsa

-d


Well knowing SS doesn’t have multitask or transfer and still has our loud is a good way to check him but reasonable chance he’s bussing. In any case Elsa green flip=scum!SS 100%.
Show

UnaBombaH
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 27, 2017
Location: Finland
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6708  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:45 am

I'm thinking S_S and Elsa are both reasonable lynches for today.
Probably one of them is the BEST choice, while the other is still likely better than a poor one.
BUT.
Out of the two of them it feels like Elsa is the one who needs to go first.
I dislike the fact that they didn't end up at the end of the wagon.
If it's a mod-decision to not count the vote-unvote when done inside one post, fine. (I disagree with that as a principle, but it's up to the mod)
But even then, if I were to have been in Elsas shoes, I would've made a post that unvoted EARLIER.
I mean, why not?
Then just revote when it was time.
So if they made a mistake, or if we think the mod made a "mistake", it doesn't matter.
They both shat the bed, but we start with Elsa.

My 2,4 cents.
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una

UnaBombaH
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 27, 2017
Location: Finland
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6709  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:47 am

In post 6708, UnaBombaH wrote:They both shat the bed, but we start with Elsa.
This is a reference to Elsa/S_S, not our divine mods. :good:

(Still love you Boonsky and BuDucky! :oops: )
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una

DrewVa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2018
Location: out of this world
Pronoun: They

Post Post #6710  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:52 am

In post 6708, UnaBombaH wrote:I'm thinking S_S and Elsa are both reasonable lynches for today.
Probably one of them is the BEST choice, while the other is still likely better than a poor one.
BUT.
Out of the two of them it feels like Elsa is the one who needs to go first.
I dislike the fact that they didn't end up at the end of the wagon.
If it's a mod-decision to not count the vote-unvote when done inside one post, fine. (I disagree with that as a principle, but it's up to the mod)
But even then, if I were to have been in Elsas shoes, I would've made a post that unvoted EARLIER.
I mean, why not?
Then just revote when it was time.
So if they made a mistake, or if we think the mod made a "mistake", it doesn't matter.
They both shat the bed, but we start with Elsa.

My 2,4 cents.


Yeah, I’m not really buying it. I think the vote should be reset. I think Elsa’s vote would have been repositioned, because in what world would this ever be fair to McQueen?
Show

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6711  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:51 am

I predict a town loss.
Show

Something_Smart
Somewhat_Balanced
 
User avatar
Joined: November 17, 2015
Location: Rochester Institute of Technology
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6712  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:58 am

In post 6708, UnaBombaH wrote:They both shat the bed, but we start with Elsa.

Excuse me Una. I did not shit the bed. I left the shit very carefully and deliberately on the bed, exactly the way I wanted it to be :lol:

(Jokes aside, that's serious. Don't conflate what Elsa did with what I did.)
"Reasoning will never make a man correct an ill opinion, which by reasoning he never acquired." ~Jonathan Swift

DrewVa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2018
Location: out of this world
Pronoun: They

Post Post #6713  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:00 am

In post 6711, Creature wrote:I predict a town loss.


Why? If you have info townconfirming Elsa, you need to share it.
Show

Jingle
Ring a Bell?
 
User avatar
Joined: July 18, 2013
Location: Spokane, WA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6714  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:04 am

Played suboptimally in a way that ensures you have to be lynched before LYLO? No, that's pretty clearly what you did. Even if you are town, you've tainted your slot irreparably.

Also, DrewVa, why would you have unvoted separately from your your revote? If you assume unvoting and revoting in the same post would work, why not just do that? It seems disingenuous to say you would have played around a problem you wouldn't have anticipated.

BTW, I personally wouldn't update that vote. As a mod I keep track of the post in which someone voted. I don't count revoting the same person as changing that position. I think it's perfectly reasonable.
"I know there are people in the world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that!" - Tom Lehrer

PenguinPower
.peng
 
User avatar
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6715  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:12 am

In post 6714, Jingle wrote:BTW, I personally wouldn't update that vote. As a mod I keep track of the post in which someone voted. I don't count revoting the same person as changing that position. I think it's perfectly reasonable.


If you count the post the person voted in, would not a higher number post be counted after the preceding posts?

If an unvote occurred, an action of unvoting a player should happen. Just because the next action - voting the same player - occurred in the same post does not nullify the unvote action.

Not reasonable at all imo (especially considering the mechanics of this game), but this can be tabled for after the game.
PM Untrod Tripod if you want to be a designated replacement for Team Mafia 2020.

Shamed

UnaBombaH
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 27, 2017
Location: Finland
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6716  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:12 am

In post 6712, Something_Smart wrote:(Jokes aside, that's serious. Don't conflate what Elsa did with what I did.)
Oh, don't worry.
I know they are very different kinds of poop.
But yours smells just as bad on that bed, considering every townie should use the toilet.
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una

UnaBombaH
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 27, 2017
Location: Finland
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6717  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:13 am

What am I doing with my freetime? :facepalm:
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una

davesaz
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 25, 2014
Location: Class of 93
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6718  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:14 am

Counting revotes as changing vote position (or not as the case may be) is critically important for plurality lynch, as it re-establishes which tied player takes precedence if there is a tie.
If you aren't counting the revotes in the same post the players need to be informed.
In an open vote game it might be apparent anyway (if VC's happen often enough). It's even worse in a closed vote game to not define what the correct result would be.
Playing modded minecraft: Dungeons & Dragons & Space Shuttles pack
Thread here

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's razor.

DrewVa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2018
Location: out of this world
Pronoun: They

Post Post #6719  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:15 am

In post 6714, Jingle wrote:Played suboptimally in a way that ensures you have to be lynched before LYLO? No, that's pretty clearly what you did. Even if you are town, you've tainted your slot irreparably.

Also, DrewVa, why would you have unvoted separately from your your revote? If you assume unvoting and revoting in the same post would work, why not just do that? It seems disingenuous to say you would have played around a problem you wouldn't have anticipated.

BTW, I personally wouldn't update that vote. As a mod I keep track of the post in which someone voted. I don't count revoting the same person as changing that position. I think it's perfectly reasonable.


I find it hard to believe it didn’t reset the vote and how am I being disingenuous here?

You forget that this isn’t a traditional game with public vote counts, so your clarification really doesn’t apply in this case.
Show

DrewVa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2018
Location: out of this world
Pronoun: They

Post Post #6720  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:18 am

In post 6715, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 6714, Jingle wrote:BTW, I personally wouldn't update that vote. As a mod I keep track of the post in which someone voted. I don't count revoting the same person as changing that position. I think it's perfectly reasonable.


If you count the post the person voted in, would not a higher number post be counted after the preceding posts?

If an unvote occurred, an action of unvoting a player should happen. Just because the next action - voting the same player - occurred in the same post does not nullify the unvote action.

Not reasonable at all imo (especially considering the mechanics of this game), but this can be tabled for after the game.


+1

Exactly, especially considering we’re referring to an SS mislynch that incorrectly felled another townie. I dislike Jingle calling me “disingenuous” for that as well.
Show

DrewVa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2018
Location: out of this world
Pronoun: They

Post Post #6721  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:19 am

In post 6717, UnaBombaH wrote:What am I doing with my freetime? :facepalm:


:lol:
Show

davesaz
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 25, 2014
Location: Class of 93
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6722  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:20 am

I think Elsa is trying to use this as an excuse. Either way Boon would be caught in a tough spot by the question as almost any answer other than "not saying" confirms someone's alignment.
Playing modded minecraft: Dungeons & Dragons & Space Shuttles pack
Thread here

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's razor.

DrewVa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2018
Location: out of this world
Pronoun: They

Post Post #6723  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:21 am

In post 6718, davesaz wrote:Counting revotes as changing vote position (or not as the case may be) is critically important for plurality lynch, as it re-establishes which tied player takes precedence if there is a tie.
If you aren't counting the revotes in the same post the players need to be informed.
In an open vote game it might be apparent anyway (if VC's happen often enough). It's even worse in a closed vote game to not define what the correct result would be.


Exactly, Jingle’s post is pinging me a bit. :thinking:

If Elsa flips red, I will be looking harder at that slot.
Show

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6724  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:21 am

In post 6713, DrewVa wrote:
In post 6711, Creature wrote:I predict a town loss.


Why? If you have info townconfirming Elsa, you need to share it.

My disloyal failed on her
Show

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Large Theme Games