Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #56 (isolation #0) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:49 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

VOTE: Something_Smart
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #206 (isolation #1) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:45 am

How did you guys manage to add seven pages while I was asleep without saying anything useful.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #586 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:47 pm

In post 405, DrewVa wrote:Something_Smart -- does something_smart not like rolling scum?
I hate rolling scum but I don't post less

I've had an extremely busy last few days, this game started at a terrible time for me. I'm catching up now.

I will say though, as I'm catching up, I'm having a hard time finding things that feel worthwhile to talk about. Maybe it's the lack of public votes but from the few pages I've looked at just now, it feels like people are just talking each other in circles.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #587 (isolation #3) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:53 pm

In post 454, Thanos wrote:Lol, I think Something_Smart did this as a joke, knowing that public votes aren't counted, to test for reactions.
I mean yes, but mostly it was just as an egopost and because I felt like it.
I'd like more content from the slot
Same. I'll be a lot more free this week, which is good because I do a lot better being able to respond to people in relative real-time than when I come back from a busy weekend to 10+ pages.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #589 (isolation #4) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:10 pm

In post 500, Xtoxm wrote:Alonzo wanting to end the day early is a little suspect.
Why?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #590 (isolation #5) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:12 pm

It's almost certainly a bad idea to end the day this early.

But it would be very interesting to see where everyone puts their vote when they don't think anybody's watching.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #591 (isolation #6) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:14 pm

In post 535, Nev and Max wrote:I didnt even think about that when he posted that self vote, did anybody really react to it?
I think somebody said something indicating they thought I misunderstood the mechanics (they must not know me, lol). Probably not indicative of alignment though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #592 (isolation #7) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:18 pm

In post 338, Cheeky Dancer wrote:
In post 55, Nero Cain wrote:Am I the only one that hasn't read the mechanics yet?
In post 56, Something_Smart wrote:VOTE: Something_Smart
You guys have terrible footwork.
Here it is. Was kinda cryptic, assuming it was Performer because it doesn't sound like Cheeky.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #869 (isolation #8) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:56 am

In post 867, Elsa Jay wrote:Dang it guys, where's half the bloody cast?
I am very much free of open wounds but I am here
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #870 (isolation #9) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:57 am

I am really unhappy with this voting mechanic. I feel like it's impossible to see anything substantial that's going on.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #968 (isolation #10) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:43 am

In post 935, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 930, Almost Chara wrote:Ultimate Liars should be more readable shortly.
I honestly don't feel like either head is that readable, at least for me.
Hebichan is one of them, right?

I feel like hebichan is one of the few people in this game that I actually can read.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #970 (isolation #11) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:47 am

Damn, maybe that's my problem this game. Too many people I don't know and without VC's I can't tell where they stand.

Probably today I'll ISO some people I do know (Cheeky, Gamma, Elsa, Ari, Dave, Nero) and see if that will get me somewhere.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1172 (isolation #12) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:26 pm

In post 982, Karmeleon wrote:Something_Smart looks bad too. He managed to make 12 posts with no reads at all, just complaints about thread activity and game mechanism, promises to catch up and "I can read hebichan" with no follow up.
I can make way more than 12 posts with no reads at all :P I already said I'm having trouble making reads. It doesn't mean I won't try, but it means (a) I need to try harder and thus need to wait until I have some time to reread things, which I didn't today until now, and (b) I'll probably not have many reads especially early on.

I couldn't point to specific posts (other than you complaining about long quotes for short responses which I know is NAI but I still appreciate), but in my catchups your posts have felt pretty genuine.
In post 980, Karmeleon wrote:
In post 968, Something_Smart wrote:I feel like hebichan is one of the few people in this game that I actually can read.
Where's your read then?
From one content post? It feels more likely town than not, because it reads pretty natural.

Going to ISO some of the other people I mentioned that I know and hopefully I'll have something resembling a partial readlist.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1185 (isolation #13) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:02 pm

Cheeky:
In post 432, Cheeky Dancer wrote:Performer and I don't really talk in our PT at present but that could change as the game gets more serious.
I like this line.
Cheeky's aggressiveness toward Nero I think is towny but I don't think I've ever seen her as scum. I know she doesn't like it though so she probably wouldn't draw attention to herself. This also applies to calling Nero lockscum in .
Nothing else in the ISO catches my eye. Lean town.

Gamma:
I like the neutrality in
No idea how I feel about , it's a little shallow and I don't think out of Gamma's scumrange
Overall Gamma is unimpressive, not obvtown as I've seen him be but that doesn't mean he's scum.

Elsa:
Before I start, I will note that I don't really think Elsa is readable day 1. But I can at least familiarize myself with how he's played this game.
Okay, after reading the ISO his posts seem pretty solid. Been a while since I played with him, and I've never seen his scumgame firsthand (I replaced into a game where he was scum, but he was already dead). Still don't really know on what metrics to judge his alignment, but he seems to be contributing pretty well to the game. (Although he is also contributing to this game having 5 extra pages every time I come back to it :igmeou: )

Ari (Emperors New Groove):
None of the posts from this hydra so far sound like him. There's certainly not enough to get a read on.

Dave:
Another one who's hard to read day 1. I think I have an idea of how he thinks as town (he's pretty logic-oriented like me), though I don't recall ever having played with scum-him.
In post 581, davesaz wrote:@RCE don't know how I'm reading it yet. Just marking for review.
Like this line, but it probably is something he'd do as either alignment, but it would be easier to make up thoughts as scum than to give genuine ones as town. Hopefully he does get around to discussing these at some point.
and read as somewhat genuine
Overall dave is a very slight townlean.

Nero:
In my admittedly dated experience, Nero was obvious as town and gave very few shits as scum. Not particularly impressed by the first few posts in his ISO, but his later posts seem more genuine. Like it is with Karmeleon, I couldn't point to a specific post but he's a townlean.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1189 (isolation #14) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:10 pm

That's definitely not a slip. There's a 0% chance that Ramcius as scum was like "I should tell them that I'm not town" and then after posting it was like "oh shit, that means I'm scum, shouldn't have said that." Clearly he didn't mean to claim scum no matter what his alignment is.

Happy birthday!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1282 (isolation #15) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:56 am

TLK. I have a question. I made that self-vote very early on as self-admittedly half a joke egopost and the other half a reaction test. I also said that I understand that's not how real votes were placed. When you put your votecounts together, why did you not even ask if I had actually voted myself in my confessional before writing my vote there?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1319 (isolation #16) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:04 am

In post 1292, Xtoxm wrote:I'm going to have to wade in here. If your clear use of vote tags should be disregarded as a joke, at what point do you draw the line between assuming a vote is a joke and a vote is real? The most sensible course of action is to take literal votes at face value, and you told us that you're voting yourself. If you don't want that in the artificial VC, go ahead and change it.
Oh, I don't think he should have assumed it was a joke. I think he should have asked rather than assuming ANYTHING, because it was meant to cause some confusion about whether it was an actual vote or not.
In post 1293, DrewVa wrote:@Something_Smart, who are you voting for, in your ACTUAL confessional?
I would hardly be right to be voting anyone when I haven't expressed any scumreads worthy of the name. I'll vote if and when I see someone who I actually think is substantially more likely scum than town. That doesn't always happen day 1, and it's even less likely to happen in a game like this. For clarity's sake, the answer right now is nobody.

I won't necessarily say when I vote someone, but if I refrain from doing so I will have a reason for not saying it. Probably that reason will be that I think the person would either clam up under pressure and be harder to read or they would get more wild and desperate and burn all their bridges as town.
In post 1296, The Last Knight wrote:I took a template and copied it, to be honest, and your name was right there at the top. I did think about taking your vote off but it also seemed like an obvious enough joke. I figured I could leave it there and change it later if/when you decided to go public. Just a sillier unknown.

I want to address the last sentence specifically though, because I don't think these VC are necessarily confessional votes. But if someone did vote here and was contradicted later, it gives some nice info on D2.
Oh, that's interesting. I thought the intent was to create an accurate picture of where people were voting. I know that's what I said I wanted to see (real votes, not mock votes), and I thought you created this in response to what I said.

You're right that it was always my prerogative to change my vote/alert you that it wasn't accurate. To be honest, I wanted to see if anyone would get the impression that I was ACTUALLY voting myself, and how they'd react to that... but it seems like nobody even mentioned it. I want to keep it on even after we've had this conversation, but at the same time I don't want to foster the idea that these votes are fake or less serious or that it's all right to have a joke vote on this that doesn't correspond to your real vote. So with that in mind:
UNVOTE:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1440 (isolation #17) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:09 am

In post 1424, profii wrote:It’s like when you say “I’m voting you to pressure you into doing something” - by saying that it loses its effect

I believe by saying “I’m gonna plump for a lurker” means if you try and threaten someone - again you lose the effect
Not necessarily, often it's obvious what you're doing anyway, but threats on a lurker are still threats and might scare them into contributing more.

I say might because especially with the holidays coming a lot of lurkers aren't going to be lurking for game-related reasons.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1441 (isolation #18) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:10 am

In post 1430, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 1279, The Last Knight wrote:By posting the VC, I'm just trying to do something that I believe is helpful for
the
town.
It is helpful for town and it is helpful to scum. You just got to decide for yourself which side it helps more.

and since I did the same to DrewVa with "If", I found an interesting semantic issue with this post.

I am very interested on why you wrote
the
town. Your use of "the" makes me feel that you are separated from town.

But before we roll down the semantics road again, I know I know. But these things play important roles for myself and my reads during the first couple of days.
oh my god please just stop.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1514 (isolation #19) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:35 am

What's wrong with it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1556 (isolation #20) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:57 am

PLEASE stop quoting long posts. It's hell to read on mobile.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1784 (isolation #21) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:57 am

It's not completely asinine, if you had a good argument for it. If you don't have a better reason than "he's doing something that helps town" then it's certainly incredibly shallow.

Who based a townread on it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1986 (isolation #22) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:38 pm

In post 1900, BrightEyedFish wrote:Who doesn't want their scumreads dead?
Me. I want scum dead, if my reads are bad I'd actually prefer that people ignore them

Incidentally, this is the answer to whoever asked how I can not have any scumreads this far in. The thread has been going at a pace too fast for my present availability, and while I could do lots of reading and force myself to make scumreads, I don't think they'd be better than random, and they'd quite likely be worse.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1987 (isolation #23) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:40 pm

Oh yeah and merry Christmas etc etc.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2003 (isolation #24) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:22 pm

In post 1995, DrewVa wrote:Because it is not only the hammer that can die, it’s also anyone that tries to NK him too.
That's not the standard. That's a bomb; if you had both abilities you were a bomb supersaint.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2005 (isolation #25) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:31 pm

TLK claimed it. Supersaint traditionally kills whoever hammers them if lynched. I assume in a plurality game, it would instead kill the chronologically last vote on them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2062 (isolation #26) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:31 am

In post 2035, mcqueen wrote:Sorry, this is stupid. I agree it is, but I’d rather know what’s being referenced.
The solution is to highlight just what you want to respond to and hit quote. It only takes one click to jump back and see the full post being referenced and its context, but it doesn't clutter up the thread.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2140 (isolation #27) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:12 am

In post 2110, profii wrote:
In post 2108, Elsa Jay wrote:Hey TLK, do me a solid and list everyone's preferred vigi shot instead of a VC count next.
{Nero / S_S }

Lynch one, shoot t’other
Excuse me what?

I could see why you'd want to vig me but Nero is a universal townread...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2168 (isolation #28) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:29 am

I don't think lynching TLK today is a good idea
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2170 (isolation #29) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:35 am

That said I still have no idea who I DO want to lynch.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2172 (isolation #30) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:47 am

87 pages in two weeks. I can't process that much that quickly.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2175 (isolation #31) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:57 am

I didn't think it would be quite this bad, I think it's faster than some of the other large games I've played at least. Besides I wanted to play anyway because Boon :P

I definitely didn't expect my reads to be this weak this far in, but I really didn't think about how damaging the lack of public votes is. Like I've said, I do think it will be better on future days.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2176 (isolation #32) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:59 am

The other thing is, people have not been posting in a very accessible way. Most people have either been posting one-liners with no explanation at all or engaging in quote pyramids where the quotes are five times longer than the responses, which are a major pain in the ass to read.

I'd love to see some people summarize who they scumread most along with a 2-3 sentence explanation of why, with links to some posts that make them feel that way.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2178 (isolation #33) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:03 pm

In post 2177, Almost Chara wrote:I am not going to disclose my reads or our votes. You only get to know who we end up voting by EoD.
Hmm.

Do you have a reason for this beyond typical A50 mystification?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2188 (isolation #34) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:42 pm

In post 2179, Almost Chara wrote:Do you have a reason for asking beyond typical S_S being overly silly?

~A50
I mean, it's an interesting strategy. I could think of several potential reasons why you might find it better to be secretive about your vote... but I could also see you doing it just because you feel like it. Hence why I asked.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2326 (isolation #35) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:56 pm

Loyal is really strong, the other two not so much.

I wouldn't go around giving loyal to a random person though. You want to give it to a weak investigative like motion detector or vanilla cop, because it turns them into a cop.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2328 (isolation #36) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:58 pm

If you target someone of a different alignment, your action fails as if you were roleblocked. So if any investigative is loyal and gets any result, they know their target is town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2332 (isolation #37) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:03 pm

Not asking for a cop, I'm talking about an investigative role that right now is almost useless, like vanilla cop, voyeur, or motion detector. Neighborizer also qualifies. If somebody has one of those roles, it's probably worth it to come out.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2335 (isolation #38) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:06 pm

I mean, there must be a protective somewhere.

I trust you though, I just don't want to see that power go to waste.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2338 (isolation #39) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:08 pm

...What?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2339 (isolation #40) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:10 pm

Xtoxm please explain how trying to turn a useless role into a cop is rolefishing, and tell me what I'd gain by rolefishing a weak-ass role like the ones I listed.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2687 (isolation #41) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:01 am

In post 2549, Thanos wrote:Due to the BOOnus round prizes, no one can be town confirmed by cop or any actions anymore imo.
where are you getting this from?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2716 (isolation #42) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:46 am

I'd guess that people pushing scumslips are more likely town than random.

I'd also guess people following others pushing scumslips are more likely scum than random.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2954 (isolation #43) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:32 am

In post 2856, mcqueen wrote:Honestly the main question i have is when did Something_smart vote xtoxm? I dont remember them saying anything, could be wrong tho
After he made . I asked him to explain it and was planning to decide whether I would keep the vote after he responded, but he didn't respond.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2955 (isolation #44) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:34 am

In retrospect I don't know how much I actually scumread Xtoxm, but I still hate that post and I don't think he should get as much towncred for voting flippy as he has gotten.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2958 (isolation #45) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:48 am

what?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3001 (isolation #46) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:23 am

In post 3000, Cheeky Dancer wrote:You're quickly heading to my first lock-scum read.
That's not how it works
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3009 (isolation #47) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:47 am

In post 3002, Cheeky Dancer wrote:Don't tell me how my reads work Mary Poppins.
Fair enough.

That's not how it
should
work.

Lockscum is a very serious claim. It really shouldn't be based on a bunch of little things, to the point where you're "almost there". A bunch of little things might increase the chance someone is scum a lot, but in order to lockscum someone you need something that you literally cannot see as coming from town. Either you have something like that or you don't. If you're describing someone as close to lockscum, you're probably not using the term right, and you're using it in a way that's probably going to make you resistant to changing your mind.

Sure, you can characterize your reads however you like. But I don't think it's a good idea to characterize that read like that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3069 (isolation #48) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:12 pm

In post 3056, Cheeky Dancer wrote:SS only voted there after Mcqueen did instead of after Xtoxm pushed SS for "pr hunting."
Mcqueen didn't announce his vote though...?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3078 (isolation #49) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:19 pm

Oh, you're right, he did.

Didn't factor into my decision though (obviously :P). It was more of a protest vote to make a statement than anything, I wasn't expecting he'd actually be lynched.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3203 (isolation #50) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:17 am

In post 3176, profii wrote:I don’t like that Xtoxm seemingly gets voted by S_S for calling him a rolefisher - imo I agree with Xtoxm- s_s was trying to find out who I could “power up” by making loyal and thus could nk them
Not quite-- I voted him for calling me a rolefisher and then not responding to my request for an explanation.

Because you seem to have it wrong as well. The roles that I was asking for were ones that would have practically no town utility without your upgrade. He made it out as though "rolefishing" and "asking a certain role to claim" are the same, but rolefishing, when done by scum for scum-motivated reasons, has to actually help scum if successful. I don't think outing the town one-shot motion detector really helps scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3208 (isolation #51) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:38 am

Because then profii could give them a power and turn a useless role into a useful one, and even if they do get killed (unlikely because of protectives), town's no worse off than it was and scum didn't get to kill who they wanted.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3210 (isolation #52) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:53 am

please explain to me WHAT BENEFIT I GET FROM ROLEFISHING A MOTION DETECTOR AS SCUM.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3211 (isolation #53) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:54 am

It sounds like a BS buzzword you're using to throw shade on someone else.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3213 (isolation #54) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:57 am

Literally just looking up "rolefishing" in the oversimplified buzzword dictionary and then applying it to anything that remotely fits without using your brain at all.

Pedit: yeah but that's info. That's something we wouldn't get unless you loyalized an investigative.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3214 (isolation #55) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:59 am

Maybe a watcher or tracker caught a scum roleblocker visiting them. Maybe there is no scum roleblocker, or they only have one shot and didn't want to use it. All that is potential info for the town. NOT for the scum. :shifty:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3215 (isolation #56) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:59 am

That emote was accidental but it fits perfectly.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3221 (isolation #57) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:05 am

In post 3081, Cheeky Dancer wrote:What are your thoughts on the EOD VC?

~ C
Ok time to :thonk: about this.
Spoiler:
In post 2400, Boonskiies wrote:
Day 1 Vote Count

The time is based off of California time, or -8:00, month first, then day.

Emperor flippyNips [4]:
- Alonzo [12/26, 18:53], DrewVa [12/27, 17:01], Xtoxm [12/28, 16:53], Cheeky Dancer [12/28, 17:48] ------
[LYNCH]

The Last Knight [3]:
- Karmeleon [12/19, 08:19], Emperors New Groove [12/24, 08:34], Ramcius [12/24, 11:45]
Theta Alpine[3]:
- Almost Chara [12/27, 14:50], Elsa Jay [12/28, 17:41], The Last Knight [12/28, 17:35]
Ultimate Liars (Kokichi Oma/Hebichan) [2]:
- davesaz [12/18, 08:56], Thanos [12/22, 12:53]
Xtoxm [2]:
- Mcqueen [12/28, 16:08], Something_Smart [12/28, 16:09]
DrewVa (Nancy Drew 39/DVa) [2]:
- Ultimate Liars [12/15, 22:02], BrightEyedFish [12/28, 00:23]
Ramcius [2]:
- Gamma Emerald [12/19, 12:37], Nero Cain [12/27, 14:52]
Profii [1]:
- RCEnigma [12/20, 17:19],
BrightEyedFish [1]:
- Nev and max [12/16, 16:58]
RCEnigma [1]:
- Theta Alpine [12/18, 07:59]
Elsa Jay [1]:
- Profii [12/28, 17:01]

Not Voting [1]:
Emperor flippyNips

RCE's vote stands out the most, but I suspect it was because he wasn't online to change his vote after profii's claim. I am surprised he didn't show up at all in the 12+ hours before deadline to at least reevaluate his vote which was at that time over a week old... but him being busy at the wrong time certainly isn't indicative of alignment.

There are a lot of lurker votes. 4 on flippy, 3 on Theta and 2 on Ultimate Lurkers. Of note is the fact that all the flippy/Theta votes were relatively recent but both UL votes were from a lot earlier. I don't recall a lot of discussion of lynching UL near the end of the day, but I know there was for flippy, which brings up the question to dave and Thanos, why did you stay on UL when it seemed like the consensus was if a lurker was lynched, it would be flippy?

Now, I know there was some meta case on flippy, I have no idea if there were any cases on the other two beyond activity. I think I recall feeling UL was slightly town but they definitely don't have enough content to read confidently. I don't think I've ever read Theta anyway.

The final thing of note is the votes on TLK who is pretty much not a lynch option at this stage in the game. I recognize that there's some element of daring in keeping your vote on a supersaint claim knowing that you could end up being hammer and getting killed by it. I also recognize that this is scarier for scum if TLK is town (conversely, if he is scum then it would be safer for scum who know it won't happen). But I still think it's stupid to stay on him at this point in the game, when his power is far more useful if used lategame... and all the votes on him were kept from long enough ago that it's unlikely they'd end up being the hammer vote.

Don't really see anything notable in the other wagons.

I'm not a huge proponent of VCA; I was more interested in seeing votecounts so I could see where people's heads were at during the day and how people would respond to wagons. But I think if we are going to get anything from this VC, it will probably be from the TLK or UL wagons.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3222 (isolation #58) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:11 am

In post 3216, Alonzo wrote:What are your reads SS?
And now this.

Profii, Nero, mcqueen, Karm town.
N&M, TLK, Alonzo leantown.
I thought Gamma said something recently that I liked. Might have been .
Xtoxm is the closest thing I have to a scumread. I hate the way he conducted the rolefishing discussion; I don't know if it's alignment indicative but I kind of hope he is scum being intentionally obtuse.

For the others I could definitely place them into "town side of null" and "scum side of null" categories, but there wouldn't really be a point to that since they'd change too easily.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3227 (isolation #59) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:41 am

Fair enough.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3245 (isolation #60) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:04 pm

In post 3242, Elsa Jay wrote:Townreads are at a later date, but frankly if I have my way today, Profii should go. His role is at best null for either alignment and at worst helpful to scum. Nobody ever took into account how useful it is to make one of Mafias problems Ascetic to not let them get saved by a doctor?
It's actually way worse if a scum gets made ascetic, but it's irrelevant because if he's town he won't ever be using that.

And if by "null for either alignment" you mean not helpful, I'd contest that because of everything I said about loyal. If you mean it's not a towny claim, I seriously doubt that he fakeclaims that role as scum and I also seriously doubt that he has that role as scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3350 (isolation #61) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:36 am

In post 3342, DrewVa wrote:Actually, that does make sense but still not a good idea to out them and how do we even know any of thrse exist in this setup?
Well if they don't, then absolutely no harm is done.

Can you actually think about whether it's a good idea instead of just saying "outing roles = good for scum"? How much of a tragedy is it if scum kill the voyeur before they can use their power?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3395 (isolation #62) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:57 am

Question. Which head of DrewVa was the one bashing me for outing minor investigatives?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3407 (isolation #63) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:16 am

In post 3397, DrewVa wrote:
In post 3395, Something_Smart wrote:Question. Which head of DrewVa was the one bashing me for outing minor investigatives?
Why don’t you explain how it doesn’t help scum find targets? Especially, once they’ve gotten the loyal modifiers added to them?
It does create a target for scum, but that's a target that wouldn't have been a target before because scum would have no reason to kill that person. But even if they do get killed (unlikely because I'm sure we have protectives), town isn't worse off than they'd have been if the loyal never went to a good target.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3432 (isolation #64) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:19 am

In post 3429, davesaz wrote:
In post 3365, Karmeleon wrote:DrewVA, if you had to end the day this instant, who would you lynch?
Possible scumpost.
Really?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3540 (isolation #65) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:36 am

Elsa is a he and I'm pretty sure this is par for the course for him.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3552 (isolation #66) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:29 am

• Davesaz
    Ramcius
    DrewVa
    Karmeleon

If there is a bullet point,
    that means they have voted
    to end day.
Sure, as long as you don't mind :P
Last edited by Boonskiies on Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3561 (isolation #67) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:26 am

Mafia vig is bastard, or at least definitely not something Boon would do.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3603 (isolation #68) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:35 am

Maybe Ari is a serial killer of site admins in real life? :eek:
Mith and zoraster better watch their back :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3676 (isolation #69) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:06 am

In post 3673, Ramcius wrote:Don't you think it's better to wait for Theta's replacement before lynching that slot?
Yes obviously. But I don't think there's much chance of the slot getting lynched before it gets replaced...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3677 (isolation #70) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:10 am

Also, just looked over Theta's ISO and I didn't really see anything that scummy. Are the votes on Theta because of anything other than activity?

Because given the nature of the replace-out, I'm pretty sure that low activity wasn't game-related...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3729 (isolation #71) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:14 am

That's kind of a weird question... if he finds it beneficial to share his abilities, he will. Otherwise he won't, and he also won't explain why because that would defeat the purpose.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3752 (isolation #72) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:33 pm

I think the timing's just funny, they obviously hadn't read and it's not reflective of anything else :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3796 (isolation #73) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:58 am

In post 3791, profii wrote:I'm on McQueen for reasons I'd discussed earlier
Does this have to do with the Xtoxm vote? I looked a little bit for what you were referring to but I'm not sure I found it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3831 (isolation #74) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:42 pm

I don't know if it's statistically better, but I'd bet that scum winrates after a D1 scumflip are a lot closer to winrates after a D1 townflip than people would expect.

I think the biggest reasons are that scum hung D1 are more often than not bussed and that just based on numbers town is likely to mislynch a few times afterward and that can lead to a downward spiral and loss of motivation.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3997 (isolation #75) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:00 am

In post 3939, RCEnigma wrote:Elsa is open wolfing.
Unfortunately NAI for him.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4005 (isolation #76) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:32 am

In post 4000, Thanos wrote:Something_Smart, who are your biggest scumreads right now? Who are you voting?

~Auro
I'm voting nobody.

I don't have anyone below "this person could be scum" but at that level I have you, Xtoxm, BEF. Maybe Elsa, like others I don't really scumread him per se but wouldn't mind having him out of the game. Ramcius is a massive question mark and probably worth leaving alive until some of the people who have strong opinions on him flip.

Mostly at this point I'm trying to add to my townreads: Alonzo, mcqueen, N&M, TLK, Nero, profii. Una's catchup is pretty good, Gamma and RCE might be town also.

I intend to consolidate on a wagon that's not on one of my townreads, but not until the day is close to ending.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4065 (isolation #77) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:24 am

In post 4011, Boonskiies wrote:
Creature replaces Karmeleon.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4243 (isolation #78) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:50 pm

I don't want Creature to be lynched.

I'm voting Ram right now just to make sure I have a vote in by deadline.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4244 (isolation #79) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:52 pm

Not gonna lie I started off trying to put all my thoughts in my confessional but it's still less than a page long :/
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4249 (isolation #80) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:09 pm

I don't really want to lynch mcqueen either.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4276 (isolation #81) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:06 am

Boon, did scum know their day rep ability would become public?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4278 (isolation #82) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:13 am

Yeah, but worth asking. Worst case he says "I can't tell you."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4280 (isolation #83) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:26 am

Sure it does. If scum DID know it would be public, then Una's argument is invalid, but if they didn't then it has some validity to it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4282 (isolation #84) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:37 am

Una's argument is the only one based on hard facts instead of conjecture. And the one assumption he makes is that scum didn't know their day rep power would be revealed... so if that ends up being right, then Una's case will be way more convincing than any of the others.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4354 (isolation #85) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:57 pm

You could check out my meta maybe...

As scum I play much more awkwardly, giving and explaining reads while not doing a lot of interaction, and I tend to try to lead or push through wagons often.

As town I play much more cautiously and reactively, generally focusing on townreads and questioning (and mechanics, which are a strong suit of mine) and refusing to commit to a lot of hard positions.

That sounds like something that would be really easy to replicate as scum, but I've tried and failed numerous times. (I'm not good at lying, and I'm pretty good at honestly telegraphing my motivation.) Don't take my word for it, go check some games out. I can link some if you'd like.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4356 (isolation #86) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:13 pm

In post 4355, DrewVa wrote:you kinda pushed back against having lots of public votes early on
I didn't really... The self-vote was a dumb RVS way to egopost, but I said multiple times early on that I wished more people were transparent about their votes.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4376 (isolation #87) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:10 pm

Nancy, Ari's gone from this game, stop trying to bring him back :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4411 (isolation #88) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:53 pm

In post 4407, Creature wrote:I want to know who's a viable wagon besides mcqueen, Ram and me.
As far as I can tell, nobody.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4412 (isolation #89) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:53 pm

For a sanity check, I'm still voting Ram, who is the only one I don't townread in those three.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4414 (isolation #90) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:54 pm

In post 4410, Gamma Emerald wrote:Wait Ari rep’d out? Why?
Busy Ari + hydra = lurksack city :(
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4708 (isolation #91) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:55 pm

Traitors are usually unrecruitable, I haven't seen anything this game that would suggest otherwise
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4712 (isolation #92) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:01 pm

Under normal guidelines, they are defined as unrecruitable. This is a theme game but I think it mostly uses normal roles.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5516 (isolation #93) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:18 am

Halp too many posts D:

I am way way behind right now
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5549 (isolation #94) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:00 am

In post 5540, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 5500, DrewVa wrote:
In post 5364, mcqueen wrote:
In post 5248, Cheeky Dancer wrote:Scum are likely redirecting Profii thinking he is giving out those modifiers...and surprise! TLK recieved a tasty snack instead.

I think we have our first red handed scum. How juicy.

Voting TLK.

~ C
Thx
Yeah, that actually makes way more sense than TLK flat out lied about that.
I missed that CD post, that makes a lot of sense.
Wait, if scum redirected profii to TLK wouldn't that make him town?

Unless scum want to be loud or loyal?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5555 (isolation #95) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:27 am

Wouldn't NAR say that the one that can affect the other one (sticky fruit) does affect it (and blocks it)?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5607 (isolation #96) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:09 pm

In post 5585, Nero Cain wrote:Why not replace out?
I made a commitment to play the game, I'm going to honor it unless I'm literally unable to.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5869 (isolation #97) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:53 pm

In post 5861, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5851, mcqueen wrote:How is SS not a huge threat if it’s 4v15? Or 5v14 if a potential Traitor is included (could still be 4v15, I guess)? It’s literally a 1-for-1 trade off if scum are forced to kill the SS.
y do the numbers even matter? SS is a non-action. I think scum would be far more threatened by active night actions, yes? I mean, ok eventually he'll be a threat b/c as the game goes scum being forced to hammer SS goes up but that's down the line.
maybe, I don't think supersaint will ever be enough of a threat to be killed for his role. scum hammering supersaint is still strictly better for scum than that same scum getting lynched.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5934 (isolation #98) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:18 am

In post 5927, Creature wrote:You know what? I won't give cred for S_S when the only thing I remember him doing is talking about his meta

VOTE: Something_Smart
Gee you could read my ISO maybe?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5962 (isolation #99) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:07 am

In post 5940, Cheeky Dancer wrote:Who is scum?

~ P
Gonna have to reread but probably my strongest scumread is Thanos. Not even that strong (not more than null-scum) but I remember not liking several of their posts and I don't remember ANYTHING recent from them so it hasn't gotten better. Auro was very vocal and easy to read in Excalibur and I haven't really seen that here. Plus I think there was something about their D1 vote, might have been misremembering though.

Beyond them... maybe Xtoxm? I still hate how he tried to discredit my loyal plan.
Maybe Elsa? I could easily see him being a traitor, although I doubt he's groupscum.
Maybe Kokichi or Gamma? Dunno, I'd have to check.

I'm still feeling good about most of my townreads though, so I'm not super focused on hunting scum. By and large I am agreeing with most of the PoE pools people are putting out.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5966 (isolation #100) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:23 am

How are those quotes relevant?

And yeah, I'm thinking Creature is town. The gut feelings I had on Karmeleon make sense now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5976 (isolation #101) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:34 am

In post 1172, Something_Smart wrote:I couldn't point to specific posts (other than you complaining about long quotes for short responses which I know is NAI but I still appreciate), but in my catchups your posts have felt pretty genuine.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5992 (isolation #102) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:35 am

If TLK is going to be the lynch I'm fine with hammering him if that's what people want.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5997 (isolation #103) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:07 pm

I think he's really supersaint. But if he's gonna get hung and people are okay with me biting that bullet I will.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6109 (isolation #104) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:10 am

In post 6108, Nev and Max wrote:Not trying to arrange this type of situation with you is like a cop not investigating anyone all game.
No, it's really not, in the slightest

He's basically a slot we can kill for free, not allowing a night afterward (since picking a person to hammer in mechanically equivalent to getting an immediate second lynch). If we lynch him and he's town, it's still one less town alive.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6110 (isolation #105) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:13 am

I'm voting Thanos btw.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6164 (isolation #106) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:16 pm

Elsa should be second-to-last.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6165 (isolation #107) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:17 pm

And before you say "omg he's admitting he's not going to hammer!," I have a reason.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6177 (isolation #108) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:00 am

In post 6169, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 5992, Something_Smart wrote:If TLK is going to be the lynch I'm fine with hammering him if that's what people want.

If S_S is claiming PR after this post, burn it with fire.
Gee it's almost as if WIFOM is a thing.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6199 (isolation #109) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:05 am

Mistaken belief that more discussion is always better?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6200 (isolation #110) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:05 am

Vote is down now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6201 (isolation #111) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:06 am

Elsa can die btw.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6531 (isolation #112) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:10 am

Holy shit why am I being wagoned here.

I'm rolecop. Holstered N1, checked Elsa N2- he is traitor. Not bulletproof traitor.
N2 I was gifted disloyal and +1, essentially turning me into a cop.

Do you not see why I did what I did? Making sure my guilty was second-to-last so the bullet hits him. Then I can use my other check, which is basically a cop check. Which I did. No result on Xtoxm, he's almost certainly town.

I think you heard all about the boonus round already, we compromised. I gave neighborizer to profii. I also received loud and +1 so I have one more shot tonight.

Elsa is the lynch today. I crumbed this REALLY hard, multiple times. I can go back and find them if people want. But even if you think Elsa and I are both scum, you ALWAYS hang him first, because I'm literally a cop.

VOTE: Elsa
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6533 (isolation #113) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:15 am

Yes, that means there isn't ANOTHER scum rolecop...?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6537 (isolation #114) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:23 am

Oh yeah I should say this too for anyone who isn't clear.
Elsa wasn't supposed to hammer. I, a townie, was supposed to hammer. There was no reason for Elsa to expect I would duck and make him hammer (other than that I softed it).

And furthermore, from his POV it makes no sense NOT to vote when he was supposed to, given that I'd be eating the supersaint bullet anyway and he'd still look bad for lying about his vote.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6540 (isolation #115) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:25 am

In post 6536, PenguinPower wrote:Not sure why you would expect your guilty to tell the truth about vote placement...doesn't compute.
Because he didn't know he was confirmed scum. He would have wanted to do as town said to stay alive.
Why not just out the guilty and get a scum lynch?
Because then it's likely scum would have interfered with my second shot. Even if I do get lynched after Elsa, I'll have one result and possibly two to help the town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6543 (isolation #116) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:28 am

Yes but I have a REASON. It's called a gambit. It was calculated. The only part that wasn't calculated was Elsa either randomly deciding not to vote or voting and having it not count because lolBoon.

On my computer and finding the crumbs now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6546 (isolation #117) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:35 am

In post 2332, Something_Smart wrote:Not asking for a cop, I'm talking about an investigative role that right now is almost useless, like vanilla cop, voyeur, or motion detector. Neighborizer also qualifies. If somebody has one of those roles, it's probably worth it to come out.
^Literally checking to see if I should claim and have profii target me.
In post 4708, Something_Smart wrote:Traitors are usually unrecruitable, I haven't seen anything this game that would suggest otherwise
^Traitor result crumb
In post 5962, Something_Smart wrote:Maybe Elsa? I could easily see him being a traitor, although I doubt he's groupscum.
^"Easily see" = "In my confessional" :P
In post 6164, Something_Smart wrote:Elsa should be second-to-last.
In post 6165, Something_Smart wrote:And before you say "omg he's admitting he's not going to hammer!," I have a reason.
In post 6177, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 6169, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 5992, Something_Smart wrote:If TLK is going to be the lynch I'm fine with hammering him if that's what people want.

If S_S is claiming PR after this post, burn it with fire.
Gee it's almost as if WIFOM is a thing.
In post 6200, Something_Smart wrote:Vote is down now.
In post 6201, Something_Smart wrote:Elsa can die btw.
^Indicating, of course, that Elsa WILL die...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6547 (isolation #118) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:37 am

In post 6544, Elsa Jay wrote:Yeah, a failed scum gambit. Checking a dude who CLAIMS Miller by crumbing traitor? Who the hell checks that?
Because that's totally something you would do as actual miller.

And rolecop is a pretty shitty role. But on a miller claim it's an alignment cop, which is WAY better. So it's worth the risk of you getting vigged. (Which was actually not that high. Not a lot of people would use their only vig shot on what's basically a policy vig.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6549 (isolation #119) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:43 am

I did.
Xtoxm, no result, since I'm disloyal it means he's likely town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6555 (isolation #120) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:55 am

It doesn't matter if it's an orchestration. If you think I'm scum it STILL makes Elsa scum. So hang him first so I can get my last check in tonight.

Not to mention... why on Earth would we orchestrate this? Why would I ever agree to hammer if I were scum? Why would I do it in a way that ALSO outs my partner?

There's no world where Elsa is town here. There are worlds where I'm town, you're just refusing to see them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6620 (isolation #121) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:37 am

I lied once. It was for a well-defined reason, with a goal in mind that would be obvious as soon as Elsa died.

It failed, I guess because Elsa saw through it. (He literally admitted that this was the reason!) My fault for crumbing too obviously, but it still confirmed Elsa as scum because he dodged for no reason other than to live an extra day.

I definitely sent the neighborizer shot to profii. Either something interfered with it (which I really hope isn't possible) or Boon just hasn't seen it yet.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6635 (isolation #122) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:46 am

There are no third parties in this game and Elsa's role is traitor anyway.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6639 (isolation #123) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:49 am

And counting lies is dumb. What you have to do is look at the reason for the lie. If you can't see direct town motivation and town benefit for it, then it's a scum lie.

My lie had the motivation of killing my guilty without directly outing my role, and the benefit of allowing me to use my disloyal shot without scum interference.

Elsa's lie had the motivation of not dying and killing a random player instead. That's not a town lie.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6644 (isolation #124) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:55 am

I believed his claim. But I also figured that with all the people calling for his head he'd be lynched at some point, and I wanted to take advantage of that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6649 (isolation #125) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:09 am

I'm pretty sure Boon just hasn't been online since I sent it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6657 (isolation #126) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:24 am

I didn't submit it until this morning. I was asleep when the day started.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6665 (isolation #127) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:56 am

In post 6660, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 6657, Something_Smart wrote:I didn't submit it until this morning. I was asleep when the day started.
What was the exact time you submitted this action, if you'd like to share.
9:58 am EST.
In post 6662, Jingle wrote:I explicitly don't believe the role cop claim. Disloyal role cop is an incredibly easy fakeclaim (Town him only gets information that scum has access to already.) and I find it unlikely that there are multiple role cops in this game.
Except not, because he's a traitor??

How would I know that...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6667 (isolation #128) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:15 am

Yeah. But the minigame literally didn't end until the night did, so he gave me extra time.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6674 (isolation #129) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:38 am

In post 6670, Cheeky Dancer wrote:You claim rolecop, having got no result on xtox yet you say he's likely town - lol?
I'm disloyal

My action fails on any town player
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6679 (isolation #130) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:56 am

In post 6674, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 6670, Cheeky Dancer wrote:You claim rolecop, having got no result on xtox yet you say he's likely town - lol?
I'm disloyal

My action fails on any town player
In case you missed it Performer.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6688 (isolation #131) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:23 pm

Sticky fruit doesn't protect against kills. It's likely Elsa was rolestopped.

And Xtoxm was not obviously town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6712 (isolation #132) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:58 am

In post 6708, UnaBombaH wrote:They both shat the bed, but we start with Elsa.
Excuse me Una. I did not shit the bed. I left the shit very carefully and deliberately on the bed, exactly the way I wanted it to be :lol:

(Jokes aside, that's serious. Don't conflate what Elsa did with what I did.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6727 (isolation #133) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:25 am

Haven't we already established he was rolestopped?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6732 (isolation #134) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:29 am

You know the prizes aren't visible to later people in the room... so by compiling that, you're literally telling scum who has what important power.

And DrewVa it's not confirmed, but we know a killing action failed on him and he isn't bulletproof, so probably.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6735 (isolation #135) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:31 am

I mean. The disloyal action didn't fail because he's town. So some rolestopping effect was applied to him. Ironically, he's slipping himself by not simply suggesting he was docced.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6739 (isolation #136) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:34 am

No? Where's the flaw in it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6744 (isolation #137) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:37 am

From my point of view, I know those disloyal actions were blocked. (Or they're just bullshit.) From Elsa's POV, they wouldn't be blocked, they'd just have failed because he's town. So he'd only have to explain why the vig failed... but that's not what he's doing.

And of the three possibilities, rolestopper is the only one that's normal.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6746 (isolation #138) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:38 am

In post 6742, Xtoxm wrote:there is no town reason for him to ever be docced last night
By scum trying to save their traitor?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6751 (isolation #139) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:43 am

In post 6748, DrewVa wrote:
In post 6732, Something_Smart wrote:You know the prizes aren't visible to later people in the room... so by compiling that, you're literally telling scum who has what important power.

And DrewVa it's not confirmed, but we know a killing action failed on him and he isn't bulletproof, so probably.
Whomever rolestopped Elsa, needs to claim because why does town rolestop a claimed miller?
In post 6749, DrewVa wrote:
In post 6742, Xtoxm wrote:there is no town reason for him to ever be docced last night
+1

Exactly.
It was clearly by scum
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6755 (isolation #140) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:46 am

Alien is apparently also normal and would also stop all actions.

Inb4 Performer points out that as a member of the NRG I ought to know this.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6761 (isolation #141) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:57 am

In post 6756, Elsa Jay wrote:As a member of the scum alignment, selling out you guys have a Rolestopper is considered bad form.
Okay, is anyone else seeing this?

From Elsa's point of view, me citing a rolestopper should be an excuse for why the disloyal actions failed.

Instead, he's taking the angle that he actually was rolestopped, something which he truly believes because he isn't town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6793 (isolation #142) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:31 am

In post 6791, profii wrote:If we apply the same logic to the S_S claim, I don't think S_S actually copped Elsa by merit of getting a result, he is just saying the role traitor = scum
Yes this is correct, I was not disloyal at that time.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6815 (isolation #143) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:54 am

Miller is town. Town disloyal action on a miller would fail.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7061 (isolation #144) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:25 am

and C) because it's impossible for scum to townread town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7343 (isolation #145) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:33 pm

Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #10551 (isolation #146) » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:02 pm

Well... That certainly was an experience. Thanks Boon for hosting, despite your few slip-ups you did an excellent modding job overall.

The setup was probably less unbalanced than I originally thought, but still pretty townsided... it took town screwing up a lot to even give us a chance. Xtoxm, Nero, and profii all played great.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”