.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6700 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:52 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Pretty sure roles not in the RoleBook/Boon Bank count as variants.

Any role from the RoleBook, 1 from the Boon Bank, and 2 variants/extra Boon Bank roles.
<(") | (")>
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6701 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:09 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 6686, DrewVa wrote:Let's consider the likelihood, rather high, that he got a sticky fruit. We already have a strong indication that the scum have a sticky fruit vendor given the events surrounding TLK. So they vended fruit to Elsa last night, protecting him and asceticizing him.

TLK received the fruit from Profii right? Iirc Profii said he didn't send tlk the fruit and was probably redirected.

That would mean there are 2 vendors one of each alignment? Because I don't see scum!stickyvendor sending Profii OR tlk fruit.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6702 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:15 pm

Post by DrewVa »

First I was a bit confused because I thought sticky fruit was also a protective

That aside, I guess I'm still kinda confused about the sticky fruit. Who did profii try to send it to originally?

-d
Show
Hydra of DVa and Nancy Drew 39

HAPPY FESTIVUS
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6703 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:37 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 6702, DrewVa wrote:First I was a bit confused because I thought sticky fruit was also a protective

That aside, I guess I'm still kinda confused about the sticky fruit. Who did profii try to send it to originally?

-d
Supposedly profii sent the fruit to the same person he gifted loyal on N1. I don't recall if the loyal person was outed or not.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6704 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:50 pm

Post by profii »

That’s right and they aren’t outed yet
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6705 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:17 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I think I wanna vote Elsa.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #6706 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:27 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 6684, profii wrote:NEWS JUST IN

I have the neighborizor

Still want to lynch S_S for not hammering - but I’ll at least re read why I shouldn’t and reconsider
Oh good. *relieved*
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6707 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:33 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 6686, DrewVa wrote:We switched back to Elsa for the moment.

I still think there's a high chance both SS and Elsa are scum. But as a disloyal rolecop claim, if SS is telling the truth scum might kill him even to avoid the consequences when he flips town despite the mislynch potential later (probably not tho).

Elsa as scum might possibly be a higher value target for the moment. Let's consider the likelihood, rather high, that he got a sticky fruit. We already have a strong indication that the scum have a sticky fruit vendor given the events surrounding TLK. So they vended fruit to Elsa last night, protecting him and asceticizing him.

One of my main concerns here regarding SS was that he emphatically encouraged us to vig Elsa last night; this desire was based on the rolecop claim, but if he was coordinating with the vendor and Elsa it is likely he just wanted us to waste our limited night actions on that slot.

BUT it would also be good to get rid of the fruit, and since Profii has now received the Neighborizor shot there's at least some % chance that SS is actually town. Elsa is probably the more likely red flip. If he's green, then wtf, how does scum have both a sticky fruit vendor and an enchantress? That sounds like bullshit to me.

SS's claim is still kinda garbage, and both of his results tell us almost nothing. Elsa already claimed traitor, Xtoxm was already obviously town. No new info on either of those. Frankly I think if he was town his choices would be better.

I'll talk about it with Nancy some more but for now VOTE: Elsa

-d
Well knowing SS doesn’t have multitask or transfer and still has our loud is a good way to check him but reasonable chance he’s bussing. In any case Elsa green flip=scum!SS 100%.
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6708 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:45 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

I'm thinking S_S and Elsa are both reasonable lynches for today.
Probably one of them is the BEST choice, while the other is still likely better than a poor one.
BUT.
Out of the two of them it feels like Elsa is the one who needs to go first.
I dislike the fact that they didn't end up at the end of the wagon.
If it's a mod-decision to not count the vote-unvote when done inside one post, fine. (I disagree with that as a principle, but it's up to the mod)
But even then, if I were to have been in Elsas shoes, I would've made a post that unvoted EARLIER.
I mean, why not?
Then just revote when it was time.
So if they made a mistake, or if we think the mod made a "mistake", it doesn't matter.
They both shat the bed, but we start with Elsa.

My 2,4 cents.
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6709 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:47 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 6708, UnaBombaH wrote:They both shat the bed, but we start with Elsa.
This is a reference to Elsa/S_S, not our divine mods. :good:

(Still love you Boonsky and BuDucky! :oops: )
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6710 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:52 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 6708, UnaBombaH wrote:I'm thinking S_S and Elsa are both reasonable lynches for today.
Probably one of them is the BEST choice, while the other is still likely better than a poor one.
BUT.
Out of the two of them it feels like Elsa is the one who needs to go first.
I dislike the fact that they didn't end up at the end of the wagon.
If it's a mod-decision to not count the vote-unvote when done inside one post, fine. (I disagree with that as a principle, but it's up to the mod)
But even then, if I were to have been in Elsas shoes, I would've made a post that unvoted EARLIER.
I mean, why not?
Then just revote when it was time.
So if they made a mistake, or if we think the mod made a "mistake", it doesn't matter.
They both shat the bed, but we start with Elsa.

My 2,4 cents.
Yeah, I’m not really buying it. I think the vote should be reset. I think Elsa’s vote would have been repositioned, because in what world would this ever be fair to McQueen?
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #6711 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:51 am

Post by Creature »

I predict a town loss.
Sigh
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6712 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:58 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 6708, UnaBombaH wrote:They both shat the bed, but we start with Elsa.
Excuse me Una. I did not shit the bed. I left the shit very carefully and deliberately on the bed, exactly the way I wanted it to be :lol:

(Jokes aside, that's serious. Don't conflate what Elsa did with what I did.)
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6713 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:00 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 6711, Creature wrote:I predict a town loss.
Why? If you have info townconfirming Elsa, you need to share it.
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6714 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:04 am

Post by Jingle »

Played suboptimally in a way that ensures you have to be lynched before LYLO? No, that's pretty clearly what you did. Even if you are town, you've tainted your slot irreparably.

Also, DrewVa, why would you have unvoted separately from your your revote? If you assume unvoting and revoting in the same post would work, why not just do that? It seems disingenuous to say you would have played around a problem you wouldn't have anticipated.

BTW, I personally wouldn't update that vote. As a mod I keep track of the post in which someone voted. I don't count revoting the same person as changing that position. I think it's perfectly reasonable.
This is a Parachute.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6715 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:12 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 6714, Jingle wrote:BTW, I personally wouldn't update that vote. As a mod I keep track of the post in which someone voted. I don't count revoting the same person as changing that position. I think it's perfectly reasonable.
If you count the post the person voted in, would not a higher number post be counted after the preceding posts?

If an unvote occurred, an action of unvoting a player should happen. Just because the next action - voting the same player - occurred in the same post does not nullify the unvote action.

Not reasonable at all imo (especially considering the mechanics of this game), but this can be tabled for after the game.
<(") | (")>
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6716 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:12 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 6712, Something_Smart wrote:(Jokes aside, that's serious. Don't conflate what Elsa did with what I did.)
Oh, don't worry.
I know they are very different kinds of poop.
But yours smells just as bad on that bed, considering every townie should use the toilet.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6717 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:13 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

What am I doing with my freetime? :facepalm:
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6718 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:14 am

Post by davesaz »

Counting revotes as changing vote position (or not as the case may be) is critically important for plurality lynch, as it re-establishes which tied player takes precedence if there is a tie.
If you aren't counting the revotes in the same post the players need to be informed.
In an open vote game it might be apparent anyway (if VC's happen often enough). It's even worse in a closed vote game to not define what the correct result would be.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6719 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:15 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 6714, Jingle wrote:Played suboptimally in a way that ensures you have to be lynched before LYLO? No, that's pretty clearly what you did. Even if you are town, you've tainted your slot irreparably.

Also, DrewVa, why would you have unvoted separately from your your revote? If you assume unvoting and revoting in the same post would work, why not just do that? It seems disingenuous to say you would have played around a problem you wouldn't have anticipated.

BTW, I personally wouldn't update that vote. As a mod I keep track of the post in which someone voted. I don't count revoting the same person as changing that position. I think it's perfectly reasonable.
I find it hard to believe it didn’t reset the vote and how am I being disingenuous here?

You forget that this isn’t a traditional game with public vote counts, so your clarification really doesn’t apply in this case.
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6720 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:18 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 6715, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 6714, Jingle wrote:BTW, I personally wouldn't update that vote. As a mod I keep track of the post in which someone voted. I don't count revoting the same person as changing that position. I think it's perfectly reasonable.
If you count the post the person voted in, would not a higher number post be counted after the preceding posts?

If an unvote occurred, an action of unvoting a player should happen. Just because the next action - voting the same player - occurred in the same post does not nullify the unvote action.

Not reasonable at all imo (especially considering the mechanics of this game), but this can be tabled for after the game.
+1

Exactly, especially considering we’re referring to an SS mislynch that incorrectly felled another townie. I dislike Jingle calling me “disingenuous” for that as well.
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6721 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:19 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 6717, UnaBombaH wrote:What am I doing with my freetime? :facepalm:
:lol:
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6722 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:20 am

Post by davesaz »

I think Elsa is trying to use this as an excuse. Either way Boon would be caught in a tough spot by the question as almost any answer other than "not saying" confirms someone's alignment.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6723 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:21 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 6718, davesaz wrote:Counting revotes as changing vote position (or not as the case may be) is critically important for plurality lynch, as it re-establishes which tied player takes precedence if there is a tie.
If you aren't counting the revotes in the same post the players need to be informed.
In an open vote game it might be apparent anyway (if VC's happen often enough). It's even worse in a closed vote game to not define what the correct result would be.
Exactly, Jingle’s post is pinging me a bit. :thinking:

If Elsa flips red, I will be looking harder at that slot.
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #6724 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:21 am

Post by Creature »

In post 6713, DrewVa wrote:
In post 6711, Creature wrote:I predict a town loss.
Why? If you have info townconfirming Elsa, you need to share it.
My disloyal failed on her
Sigh

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”