Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:42 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 668, Ankamius wrote:Ftr going by final 3 pairings isn't the best idea since scum can just force one of those three to leave at intermission
That is exactly what will happen which is why we also talk about the 4th pairing.

Like, here's kinda the way this works when we get more into detail:

The top FOUR townreads -- the players we actually are counting on to be town to win the game

the THIRD pair of townreads -- must contain at most one scum

the FOURTH pair of townreads -- must contain at most one scum

this is why "heavy chainsaw" pairings for 3 and 4 can sometimes be okay. We can have one scum in the final four, so long as we are sure that the total numbers aren't too bad in the final 4 that town is ever outnumbered

but these sort of meta-strategy decisions are only viable when reads are actually solid which they will not be and should not be until some of our MIA slots (Reinhardt) post at least some and our reads of the active, solid townreads solidifies
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:43 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 673, Slaxx wrote:Up until your last post you had put more time into alt hunting than giving reads on people,
Yeah but I also explained this is what I was doing, so why were you acting like someone who basically said "I'm not really playing yet" was a "strong scumread"?
vote conspiracy
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:44 am

Post by Allomancer »

Starting to null-read Krazy. Setup speccing is still NAI, but not as clear scum as before.
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

"This might be the worst hydra I've seen in all of mafiascum history."—
T-bone

"idk, you don't feel like an easy mislynch"—
Creature
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:44 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 674, Allomancer wrote:See here's the dilemma. We want to pack scum together so we can lynch two scum at the same time. But if we pack scum together, we also pack town together, which means scum can kill two town at the same town. Ideal system is scum/scum and town/null
the packing of scum and town literally doesn't matter in the bottom 5 pairings, only in the top 3 (and kinda 4)
vote conspiracy
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:45 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 673, Slaxx wrote:
In post 658, Krazy wrote:
In post 654, Slaxx wrote:bottom two I’m relatively confident in.
Why are you "relatively confident" in your read of me?
Up until your last post you had put more time into alt hunting than giving reads on people, were sticking to a list that had been made before players even got in the thread and using it to waive off actual scumhunting (“my list is still fine”), and downplayed putting in effort by using the average win rate of town in this setup. It all felt very half-hearted and purposefully dismissive when there were like seven different things going on in the thread you could have commented on to help us read you.

It doesn’t help you’re now pushing me because my reads are supposed to be more valuable, while you
1) Give me nothing of value to read you on besides active lurking and opaque play and
2) Provided very little of value yourself

You also have someone with basically no content at the top of your list which makes literally no sense. I don’t think you’re putting any effort into actually solving the game but plenty in to looking like you are
What is Krazys plan here as scum?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:45 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 677, Allomancer wrote:Starting to null-read Krazy. Setup speccing is still NAI, but not as clear scum as before.
Yeah he’s more town now that he’s actually contributing but Christ how could anyone not look at the first 80% of the ISO and scumread it? The fact he is suspicious of me for doing it is what I’m hung up on now.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:47 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 680, Slaxx wrote:
In post 677, Allomancer wrote:Starting to null-read Krazy. Setup speccing is still NAI, but not as clear scum as before.
Yeah he’s more town now that he’s actually contributing but Christ how could anyone not look at the first 80% of the ISO and scumread it? The fact he is suspicious of me for doing it is what I’m hung up on now.
Me, because I do similar stuff as town sometimes
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:47 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 679, Ankamius wrote:
Up until your last post you had put more time into alt hunting than giving reads on people, were sticking to a list that had been made before players even got in the thread and using it to waive off actual scumhunting (“my list is still fine”), and downplayed putting in effort by using the average win rate of town in this setup. It all felt very half-hearted and purposefully dismissive when there were like seven different things going on in the thread you could have commented on to help us read you.

It doesn’t help you’re now pushing me because my reads are supposed to be more valuable, while you
1) Give me nothing of value to read you on besides active lurking and opaque play and

You also have someone with basically no content at the top of your list which makes literally no sense. I don’t think you’re putting any effort into actually solving the game but plenty in to looking like you are
Coast into mid game while looking busy while hopefully setting up favorable pairs for the scumteam with an opaque list.

Do I believe that as much now that’s he’s actually solving? No, not as much.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:49 am

Post by Slaxx »

Like he literally said “maybe it’s because I haven’t started solving” or whatever, like okay, if you have to make that caveat known maybe my read was justified?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:49 am

Post by the worst »

I was thinking about him last night and I'm starting to abstractly townread him

need to catch up, will flip a coin about whether or not to read everything tbh
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:50 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 680, Slaxx wrote:The fact he is suspicious of me for doing it is what I’m hung up on now.
While moving you from #2 to #3 is actually significant, I do still have you in the top 4 lol

Bear in mind that absolutely anyone that is considered for the top 4 will undergo much more scrutiny than anyone else

Like I kinda don't care about tw/firebringer since they never are in the final 4, I highly doubt Clem/PB makes final 4 so I don't care there, but whether a townread player like you is at 2, 3, or 4 is way more significant.

but me saying I have concerns is not me saying I scumread you right now
vote conspiracy
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:50 am

Post by Allomancer »

In post 682, Slaxx wrote:

Coast into mid game while looking busy while hopefully setting up favorable pairs for the scumteam with an opaque list.

I don't think the list is opaque at all. Early on it was, but now there is clear logic behind it and I agree with it for the most part.
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:50 am

Post by the worst »

Nancy posted - is she town?
--
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:51 am

Post by Ankamius »

I think Krazy has too much BoP for that to work so brazenly in the first place, Slaxx
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:51 am

Post by Ankamius »

Idk I kinda think so duckling
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:51 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 684, the worst wrote:need to catch up, will flip a coin about whether or not to read everything tbh
Nancy is town.

There, now you don't have to read pages 20-24.
vote conspiracy
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:51 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 676, Krazy wrote:
In post 673, Slaxx wrote:Up until your last post you had put more time into alt hunting than giving reads on people,
Yeah but I also explained this is what I was doing, so why were you acting like someone who basically said "I'm not really playing yet" was a "strong scumread"?
I just looked for use of strong in my ISO and couldn’t find it.

I believe what I said was “relatively confident”

Do
not
put something like that in quotes if I didn’t say it. That’s just shitty play regardless of your alignment.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:52 am

Post by the worst »

I flipped poorly. I have some reading to do later.

I'm gonna try to reconcile my reads from yday rq
--
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:52 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 686, Allomancer wrote:
In post 682, Slaxx wrote:

I don't think the list is opaque at all. Early on it was, but now there is clear logic behind it and I agree with it for the most part.
Which is what I said? I said I don’t buy that theory as much now.
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:53 am

Post by Allomancer »

I would cycle Adelbert, Pvt, and Krazy now
4: Krazy -- jibril
5: Pvt -- Dunnstral
6: Adelbert Steiner -- Alisae
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:54 am

Post by Allomancer »

Every time Ankamius posts she becomes a little less towny in my eyes recently. This will need further consideration.
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:54 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 688, Ankamius wrote:I think Krazy has too much BoP for that to work so brazenly in the first place, Slaxx
BoP?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:54 am

Post by the worst »

In post 695, Allomancer wrote:Every time Ankamius posts she becomes a little less towny in my eyes recently. This will need further consideration.
Talk to me about what's got you worried wrt Ank?
--
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:55 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 695, Allomancer wrote:Every time Ankamius posts she becomes a little less towny in my eyes recently. This will need further consideration.
There will come a time when whether Ank or Celica should be #2 or #3 will be one of the defining questions of this game, but I'm not ready for that debate yet
vote conspiracy
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:55 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 685, Krazy wrote:
In post 680, Slaxx wrote:The fact he is suspicious of me for doing it is what I’m hung up on now.
While moving you from #2 to #3 is actually significant, I do still have you in the top 4 lol

Bear in mind that absolutely anyone that is considered for the top 4 will undergo much more scrutiny than anyone else

Like I kinda don't care about tw/firebringer since they never are in the final 4, I highly doubt Clem/PB makes final 4 so I don't care there, but whether a townread player like you is at 2, 3, or 4 is way more significant.

but me saying I have concerns is not me saying I scumread you right now
I’m not worried about my slot on your list

I’m worried about why someone with no content is at the top

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”