Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:14 am

Post by Allomancer »

In post 1371, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1368, Allomancer wrote:I see you as a very powerful town player. Ank I don't think is as powerful in her analysis as you.
But doesn’t she get 8 votes?
Not necessarily sure that that's a good thing, however. If she pairs with a null-read to avoid getting killed, we run the risk of the person she is paired with being scum.
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

"This might be the worst hydra I've seen in all of mafiascum history."—
T-bone

"idk, you don't feel like an easy mislynch"—
Creature
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:18 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 1374, Celica wrote:
In post 1370, Alisae wrote:Honestly Celica, look back on it later. You’ll probably get a kick out of how that whole arguement is so futile and useless, but I’ll address this.
In post 373, Celica wrote:Well um, I understand why you were worried, but I don't think you should've claimed that so fast even if your intent was to claim sometime. I FOS this a bit mostly because being it can set Ankamius with her ideal partner as scum. Even if town wanted to claim the high coin count (and I can understand why.) Doing it this early just doesn't seem correct, along with the timing of the 2 posts. It's meh.
I kind of don’t see how this makes sense? I feel like Ankamius would probably land her ideal partner anyways, and there’s no way they were going to have an ideal partner in mind on page 1 unless its a scum v scum pairing.
It's more so I don't see why town Ank does it that early. It also made her more appealing as scum. Could she have a chance to get her partner as scum without claiming it? Of course, but saying you have the most coins helps.
eh, nah you need the flip the chessboard around when it comes to claims.
The question you shouldn’t be asking is why does town do it, but rather why does scum do it. Because if you can’t justify why scum would do it, its probably not alignment indicative at worst, but its probably town.
And plus, I don’t think any gentleman are going to pair up with Ank because they’re gold diggers.
GTKAS
| here.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:18 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1373, Allomancer wrote:
In post 1369, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1362, Allomancer wrote:So to clarify, during the first dance, does each lady's vote count as one, regardless of her coin value?
@FakeGod?

Coins=votes in the first dance I think? So Ank has 8 of them, right?
It clearly says gentleman votes = coins. It doesn't say anything regarded lady's votes, which is why I asked.
During First dance, Each GENTLEMEN's vote will count as equal to the number of gold coins his partner possesses
. During Second Dance, every player's vote will count as one.
Oh you’re right, it doesn’t affect the second dance at all. :facepalm:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:18 am

Post by Alisae »

Not to mention, if need be Ank can just ask their scumbuddy to partner no problembo.
GTKAS
| here.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:21 am

Post by FakeGod »

Ladies will have one vote each.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:22 am

Post by Allomancer »

Yeah, I don't think claiming was a good idea, but I don't see how it helps scum. It's antitown but not scummy. IMO it only helps scum if town claims coins. So if Ank is scum, she didn't do anything productive, and if she is town, she hurt town, but she's not scum, just made a mistake.
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:25 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Yeh, if she was scum, she would more likely try to look as town as possible and partner up with her scumpartner.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:37 am

Post by Alisae »

@Celica
- Look, I’ve been up all night reading a 120 chapter manga and kinda spent way too much time playing mafia then I thought I would. Just address a few things for me when you get a chance.
A. Look through Dunnstral’s ISO as promised.
B. Get back to me on Ank in general, both by re-reading the fight you had and/or continuing our conversation, whatever works for you.
C. Can you tell me if you think Slaxx is trying to figure out the motivations of other people?

I think thats all I need from you for now.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:44 am

Post by Alisae »

And even if you still scumread literally any of your scumreads after this, yelling at them specificly isn’t going to get them lynched. You’re not going to get a wolf lynched by talking to a wolf. If you scumread someone, you should talk to other people to try to convince them, because its more likely that you will get followers that way over posting a case and expecting people to just read it.

But if I’m correct in knowing who you are, you’ll probably not take this too seriously coming from me?
And even then, I’m pretty sure anyone could apply the things I said in this post and they would see that they’re suddenly becoming more charismatic.

But yeah I’m off to bed, cya in about 6 hours probably less
GTKAS
| here.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:46 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1383, Alisae wrote:You’re not going to get a wolf lynched by talking to a wolf.
Preachhhhhhhhh
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:49 am

Post by Allomancer »

gn alisae
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:14 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1381, Pink Ball wrote:Yeh, if she was scum, she would more likely try to look as town as possible and partner up with her scumpartner.
Has that ever happened though, even once?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:28 am

Post by Firebringer »

This game is getting boring. Lets talk about yugioh.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:57 am

Post by Clemency »

i draw pot of greed

allowing me to draw two additional coins
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:15 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:33 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1380, Allomancer wrote:Yeah, I don't think claiming was a good idea, but I don't see how it helps scum. It's antitown but not scummy. IMO it only helps scum if town claims coins. So if Ank is scum, she didn't do anything productive, and if she is town, she hurt town, but she's not scum, just made a mistake.
Actually I had a much different idea in mind when I claimed that nobody had picked up on I think

And no, at this point having my coin amount be known is protown because if we are going to go with this town+null idea, we need to know who is getting the instalynch powers and whether they are a town or a null
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:41 am

Post by mcqueen »

can someone tell me if there is a deadline for the pre-dance
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:41 am

Post by Slaxx »

Like six days from now McQ
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:43 am

Post by mcqueen »

cool. i know i said i'd read, but chances i do are realistically slim. however, i'm town and i'm not sure how to make that clear while not being able to keep up.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:45 am

Post by Slaxx »

It’s fine, like a third of the playerlist has you as someone to keep around because you’re easy to read so you might get lucky.

Really if you can’t keep up I’d recommend replacing but with 50 pages already idk how I feel about that. The pace will slow down eventually I’d think:
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:47 am

Post by mcqueen »

i mean i do have time this weekend, so maybe i'll skim. i'd rather not replace out, though. this will help, even if it paints me as scummy for asking;

what is the current gamestate? i know we are figuring out who to pair with as a strategic measure. upon joining, i wasn't sure if i wanted to pull a Firebringer and request a dance right away, or follow suit with everyone else. i know who i want to pair with already and i've made that clear. so, to me, while i'm selfish and anti-town, i'm eager to request a dance now, and hope Nancy accepts.

who is generally being scumread, and the same with townreads? who is controversial?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:48 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1359, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1345, Ankamius wrote:If I'm that much of a threat, the only way to save me from getting NKed is to pair me with scum, who would instalynch someone into intermission anyways
In post 1326, Ankamius wrote:Just going to reiterate that I'm the 8 coin lady and matching me up with someone who can reasonably be scum is very risky
You have 8 votes and depending on whom you pair up with, will either be seen as a huge assest or threat to scum. You obviously don’t want to pair up with a scumread for obvious reasons but you’re 100% putting a target on your back, if you pair with a likely obvtown gent, so I think for those reasons Allo and Slaxx probably wouldn’t be the best choices for you. So, if you pair up with a nullread, you will probably be safe(r) in either case. Right?

And you obviously should take all the time you need to figure that out. We ALL should ideally. I just think the original plan of pairing obvtowns with null reads, contributes to you being the biggest target, so I think it’s in town’s best interest - as I’ve said - to take the heat off of you, as much as possible.
I'm going to keep saying, it's too early to determine my worth to the game since I need flips to refine my reads

Most of my game directly before my hiatus were weak and there's no guarantee I'll be back to form just because I'm coming back from one like last time

Just play the game by ear and we will see what happens, I had a huge ego problem in Irchers game last year and I don't want a repeat of that
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:48 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 1395, mcqueen wrote:i mean i do have time this weekend, so maybe i'll skim. i'd rather not replace out, though. this will help, even if it paints me as scummy for asking;

what is the current gamestate? i know we are figuring out who to pair with as a strategic measure. upon joining, i wasn't sure if i wanted to pull a Firebringer and request a dance right away, or follow suit with everyone else. i know who i want to pair with already and i've made that clear. so, to me, while i'm
being
selfish and anti-town, i'm eager to request a dance now, and hope Nancy accepts.

who is generally being scumread, and the same with townreads? who is controversial?
added an important word before someone claims scumslip.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:50 am

Post by Ankamius »

Read the last few pages and start from there mcqueen
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum