Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:18 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1421, Ankamius wrote:Nobody has mentioned yet that I need a partner because I have 8 coins, people have only mentioned that I need a partner because I'm town lol
Well, it’s important you be paired with someone who will vote similarily to you then, right? Since your partner apparently gets your 8 votes and you only get one.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:20 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1423, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1420, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1400, Ankamius wrote:Last note to Nancy

I think only like 3 people here are aware of my history on the site, so it's unlikely I'll be specifically targeted for being me unless duckling or you are scum

So
Not necessarily true. Scum will likely target one of the obvtown couples/players and most people have you, tw, Allo, Alisae, Slaxx and myself, currently as obvtown.

I’m trying to keep you in the game, because we need you to stay around as long as possible, right?
Why though?
Because you’re currently one of my strongest townreads. You played very differently in your recent scumgame.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:21 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1424, mcqueen wrote:
In post 1421, Ankamius wrote:Nobody has mentioned yet that I need a partner because I have 8 coins, people have only mentioned that I need a partner because I'm town lol
unless a lot of people are sure you're scum, no way town lets our highest coin player die.
Whomever she partners with, controls the first lynch.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:22 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

This game is so sexist. :lol:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:23 am

Post by Ankamius »

I think town isn't fully comprehending how dangerous this is?

I'd call it a legitimate strategy for the 7 and 8 coin lady to not partner at all because the partners of them are the only slots that will get an opportunity to lynch a lover pair by themselves

It's cool and all to make all these partner plans, but it's arguably more important to prevent scum from being able to lolhammer the most competent slots out of the game and leave the last scum to pull a relatively simple endgame. It's a lot less dangerous to purposely leave the three scummiest gentlemen to die
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:26 am

Post by Ankamius »

Like one of the biggest reasons I'm scumreading Krazy now is because of that plan he enacted, which fits with the Celica+mcqueen scumreads because if we follow his plan, we literally have 2 scum in the final 6

Celica went to bat to defend Krazy against Slaxx and later said mcqueen should get a partner while Adel or Rein get left out, and then mcqueen comes in and the first thing he says is that people shouldn't be scumreading Celica

Really?
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:27 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 1429, Ankamius wrote:I think town isn't fully comprehending how dangerous this is?

I'd call it a legitimate strategy for the 7 and 8 coin lady to not partner at all because the partners of them are the only slots that will get an opportunity to lynch a lover pair by themselves

It's cool and all to make all these partner plans, but it's arguably more important to prevent scum from being able to lolhammer the most competent slots out of the game and leave the last scum to pull a relatively simple endgame. It's a lot less dangerous to purposely leave the three scummiest gentlemen to die
while this is almost accurate, not quite. out of 17 players, one will be forced to leave after pre-dance, since they will not have a partner. down to 16 players, a person with 8 votes can
almost
lynch by themselves. they still need another vote. so, what you said is not wholly correct, although I know what you meant.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:27 am

Post by Ankamius »

Actually in that theory, I think Krazy is going for two scum lovers in the top 3 pairs while the third is the dedicated intermission kill

But that's not really important to my point as much
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:27 am

Post by Allomancer »

if we don't pair the 7 and 8 coin lady then we end up with 12 people right off the bat and go straight to intermission
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

"This might be the worst hydra I've seen in all of mafiascum history."—
T-bone

"idk, you don't feel like an easy mislynch"—
Creature
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:27 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 1430, Ankamius wrote:Like one of the biggest reasons I'm scumreading Krazy now is because of that plan he enacted, which fits with the Celica+mcqueen scumreads because if we follow his plan, we literally have 2 scum in the final 6

Celica went to bat to defend Krazy against Slaxx and later said mcqueen should get a partner while Adel or Rein get left out, and then mcqueen comes in and the first thing he says is that people shouldn't be scumreading Celica

Really?
you're actually ticking me off. you are scumreading me almost solely based off your read of another player. i've come into the game now; why not let my play do the talking?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:28 am

Post by Ankamius »

No wait, that is only relevant for my partner, not the 7 coin lady

Disregard that part
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:29 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1434, mcqueen wrote:
In post 1430, Ankamius wrote:Like one of the biggest reasons I'm scumreading Krazy now is because of that plan he enacted, which fits with the Celica+mcqueen scumreads because if we follow his plan, we literally have 2 scum in the final 6

Really?
you're actually ticking me off. you are scumreading me almost solely based off your read of another player. i've come into the game now; why not let my play do the talking?
So?

A scummy player is having scummy interactions you and you are reciprocating
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:30 am

Post by Ankamius »

Revised point, it's a legitimate strategy to remove 2 gentlemen and me to remove that possibility from the game, is it not?
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:30 am

Post by mcqueen »

Really?
also, again you've twisted my words. i said i didn't know what was going on between Celica/Pink Ball, but if anyone pushes them solely because they're easy slots at the moment (during their argument), it's very suspect. two players on the brink of fighting is the epitome of easy target.

this can all be solved by pointing out to me, "hey, I think player X's push on Celica/Pink Ball is good, because {one of them} did this earlier!" and i'll back off. but if you're wagoning just to wagon on two exposed players, then you're scummy and that's the end of story.
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:31 am

Post by Allomancer »

In post 1437, Ankamius wrote:Revised point, it's a legitimate strategy to remove 2 gentlemen and me to remove that possibility from the game, is it not?
yes. the question then becomes do we want to risk losing you?
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:31 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1424, mcqueen wrote:
unless a lot of people are sure you're scum, no way town lets our highest coin player die.
i frankly don't care if highest coin player dies.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:32 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1428, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:This game is so sexist. :lol:
get me a sandwich
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:32 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 1436, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1434, mcqueen wrote:

Really?
So?

A scummy player is having scummy interactions you and you are reciprocating
i don't care what interactions Krazy had with me; you've written me off pretty hard so far, instead of seeing how I play. all I said to the guy was basically "hey it's cool to see you again, it's been awhile." you act like i can control what this guy says about me.
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:32 am

Post by Allomancer »

In post 1437, Ankamius wrote:Revised point, it's a legitimate strategy to remove 2 gentlemen and me to remove that possibility from the game, is it not?
Also remember, you can leave the dance if your partner goes rogue and force them to die.
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:35 am

Post by Ankamius »

Btw I haven't even mentioned the worst part about that situation

If I'm partnered to scum and they end first dance as soon as we are down to 14, then they just make me the conftown and kill some other pair, leaving us with 4 pairs to find 2 scum in, forcing me to suicide if we get only town on the next lynch.

It's a shitty situation to be in, which is exactly why I'm demanding a strongly town partner or none at all
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:37 am

Post by Firebringer »

you know whats funny.

i enjoy making games and planning the whole mechanics of them and thinking how will players think about utilizing them, but when i am in game i could care less about them. they are like a spice on top of a game that i enjoy but i am not like obsessed about talking about.

mechanics cool talking about them to death gets old fast.
Show

Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:37 am

Post by Allomancer »

to be honest Ank, giving you a towny partner and getting you both killed in intermission is probably better than just letting you and a gent die before the dance
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:38 am

Post by Ankamius »

FB I'd like to lose because we got reads wrong rather than because scum played the setup better than town
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:38 am

Post by Allomancer »

ya know what would suck? if the 7 coin lady is scum. she pairs with a scum gent and we get screwed.
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:38 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1446, Allomancer wrote:to be honest Ank, giving you a towny partner and getting you both killed in intermission is probably better than just letting you and a gent die before the dance
I'm fine with either

I don't think trying to keep me alive past intermission is worth the risk

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”