mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:48 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 1923, Slaxx wrote:People said McQ is an easy read... not seeing it.
Why not?
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:50 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 1924, mcqueen wrote:
In post 1913, mcqueen wrote:I think PvtUrist is scummy. More to say about the latter in a minute.
In post 1618, PvtUrist wrote:2) Pre-dance mechanic that doesn't allowed pushing lynches on D1
Okay, this post intrigues me because it's true; but, I can kinda see how Urist's Ank-tunnel in this game, is similar to his support of EchoVision's mislynch on Day 1 in our Newbie game together. Yes, I'm going back to that; No, it might not be the best way to scumhunt; But, it's what I've got to work with right now.

Urist interacted with people pretty well on that Day 1, and EchoVision was more of a policy lynch, but at the time I replaced in, had I gotten more time, I wasn't feeling EchoVision!scum, but kinda had to go along with it. I'm not feeling Ank!scum here, either.

So THEN, on Day 2, is when Urist tunneled T-Bone, but both of us had scumreads on him and it was pretty obvious. Also, Urist was a Cop. Enter in where I'm not sure if his play here is because anyone who's town is just "town" (townie, almost) and not a PR, or if it's because he's scum.

Are we certain Pvt has that same power to control a lynch during the Dance phase? Certain posts of his strike me as having a different tone than that Newbie, while others feel similar. So, I'm not really sure and I'm keeping him at leanscum for now.
this feels extremely subpar for the level of town I like to play to, although I don't care and I'm going with it. This is my thought process, and I'm very open to any rebuttals against it.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:02 am

Post by Slaxx »

Nancy/Ank/Allo
Dunn*/PB*/ TW
Alisae/Clem/Jib/PvT/McQ
Krazy/Cecila/FB/Rein
Adel

Sucks that my biggest read flaked.

Krazy moved up, replace outs due to frustration always ding scumreads I have.

I stopped worrying with Cecila because it didn’t seem that she was interested in changing her mind. As someone who tunnels that’s fine, but her lack of any follow up interaction with me COMBINED with a feeing of stubbornness is what is a red flag. If I’ve missed some questions from her let me know, but that’s a fairly reliable tell I’ve used in the past. I know someone told her in the thread to not interact with scumreads, can’t think of who that was and on mobile, but I need to go back and check.

Rein could go either way, what little I saw was very odd-point for a town catchup as Ank said.

FB’s dismissal of my Krazy 1v1 really pinged me, it looked way more like someone just trying to be an arbiter for being an arbiter’s sake. I also didn’t like the shift in the read without explanation while calling the only discussion that happened between the read change useless, and unless I’m missing something I never got a follow up on that.

If Dunn was scum and wanted to partner with me, he would not have backed off his Krazy read. If he was scum with Krazy, I don’t think Krazy would have wanted to be paired with Dunn AND got feisty when I wanted to pair with him. Easy scum distancing would be to want to pair with your partner, wait for someone to intervene, then come back and say “we can’t both be scum because why would we fight to pair with each other and put all the eggs in one basket”. Ergo, Dunn is probably town.

I don’t think PB-scum makes #1900. I also don’t think he badgers me about reading him when he’s seen how aggressive I can be.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:04 am

Post by Slaxx »

The asterisks were just new town reads.

TW went lower not because of anything they did but just because I have stronger reads now.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:19 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 1925, mcqueen wrote:
Why not?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:36 am

Post by Slaxx »

Your overall tone has been townish but I don’t like 1904 in conjunction with 1909.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:37 am

Post by Slaxx »

Her read on me and discussion with other players on why probably easily makes up half her iso and the fact you say you’re pretty sure she’s town without reading that or letting her answer first looks fabricated.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:40 am

Post by Ankamius »

I still kinda feel like mcqueen is still coming at this game with the same rough mindset that I initially saw from him
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:48 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 1932, Ankamius wrote:I still kinda feel like mcqueen is still coming at this game with the same rough mindset that I initially saw from him
Which if I recall was scummy, yea?

I’m going back and forth.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:49 am

Post by Slaxx »

I actually might be more confident on FB than Adel but it might just be because the slot flaked.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:49 am

Post by Slaxx »

Having trouble getting an actual tunnel-target now that Krazy is gone.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:50 am

Post by Ankamius »

Spoiler:
In post 486, mcqueen wrote:You know what’s Krazy? Krazy was the IC in my first game on site.

Saw a couple posts. People aren’t offering dances? Sucks, cause I wanna offer to Nancy but I can’t look scummy right?
In post 1393, mcqueen wrote:cool. i know i said i'd read, but chances i do are realistically slim. however, i'm town and i'm not sure how to make that clear while not being able to keep up.
In post 1395, mcqueen wrote:i mean i do have time this weekend, so maybe i'll skim. i'd rather not replace out, though. this will help, even if it paints me as scummy for asking;

what is the current gamestate? i know we are figuring out who to pair with as a strategic measure. upon joining, i wasn't sure if i wanted to pull a Firebringer and request a dance right away, or follow suit with everyone else. i know who i want to pair with already and i've made that clear. so, to me, while i'm selfish and anti-town, i'm eager to request a dance now, and hope Nancy accepts.

who is generally being scumread, and the same with townreads? who is controversial?
In post 1397, mcqueen wrote:
In post 1395, mcqueen wrote:i mean i do have time this weekend, so maybe i'll skim. i'd rather not replace out, though. this will help, even if it paints me as scummy for asking;

what is the current gamestate? i know we are figuring out who to pair with as a strategic measure. upon joining, i wasn't sure if i wanted to pull a Firebringer and request a dance right away, or follow suit with everyone else. i know who i want to pair with already and i've made that clear. so, to me, while i'm
being
selfish and anti-town, i'm eager to request a dance now, and hope Nancy accepts.

who is generally being scumread, and the same with townreads? who is controversial?
added an important word before someone claims scumslip.
In post 1413, mcqueen wrote:
In post 1409, Allomancer wrote:But how are we supposed to know if you're scum? I think the point Celica was trying to make is that it's pointless guessing at your ali until we have more interactions (ie don't use process of elimination)
that's why i included "kinda stupid" because with no interactions or content, you're unlikely to know/think i'm scum (unless you think i'm lurkerscum)

but she still included i should get a partner if i'm scum. that shouldn't have been said. while i get the redundancy in me calling it out, at the same time, if i was scum and i happened to be the one to get left out, that's not a bad thing for the town as Celica makes it seem.
In post 1418, mcqueen wrote:
In post 1414, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1412, mcqueen wrote:
In post 1410, Ankamius wrote:I'm oh dearing because I've had a Krazy+Celica+mcqueen team in my head and the first thing you do is associatives with Celica
:lol:
There's evidence for it even without any of your input

You just happened to add to it
how is there evidence? i don't care what you think Krazy did to soft buddy me, I don't know Krazy's role and I haven't read enough of the thread to place him, either. It's certainly possible, but it still kind of annoys me that you think the dude who has a legitimate reason for lurking (and on V/LA, mind you) is mechanically scum.
In post 1434, mcqueen wrote:
In post 1430, Ankamius wrote:Like one of the biggest reasons I'm scumreading Krazy now is because of that plan he enacted, which fits with the Celica+mcqueen scumreads because if we follow his plan, we literally have 2 scum in the final 6

Celica went to bat to defend Krazy against Slaxx and later said mcqueen should get a partner while Adel or Rein get left out, and then mcqueen comes in and the first thing he says is that people shouldn't be scumreading Celica

Really?
you're actually ticking me off. you are scumreading me almost solely based off your read of another player. i've come into the game now; why not let my play do the talking?
In post 1442, mcqueen wrote:
In post 1436, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1434, mcqueen wrote:
In post 1430, Ankamius wrote:Like one of the biggest reasons I'm scumreading Krazy now is because of that plan he enacted, which fits with the Celica+mcqueen scumreads because if we follow his plan, we literally have 2 scum in the final 6

Celica went to bat to defend Krazy against Slaxx and later said mcqueen should get a partner while Adel or Rein get left out, and then mcqueen comes in and the first thing he says is that people shouldn't be scumreading Celica

Really?
you're actually ticking me off. you are scumreading me almost solely based off your read of another player. i've come into the game now; why not let my play do the talking?
So?

A scummy player is having scummy interactions you and you are reciprocating
i don't care what interactions Krazy had with me; you've written me off pretty hard so far, instead of seeing how I play. all I said to the guy was basically "hey it's cool to see you again, it's been awhile." you act like i can control what this guy says about me.
In post 1673, mcqueen wrote:
In post 1479, Slaxx wrote:Replaces out due to frustration, continues to post

Totally not theater.
i should iso krazy. seems genuine from the few pists i read.

cone at me bois all my micro reads are against the majority
In post 1704, mcqueen wrote:Ank why am i scum with celica and krazy?
In post 1717, mcqueen wrote:just; what makes me scum with them? Idc about krazy being lynched or much about celica, why was I put in there?
In post 1735, mcqueen wrote:

Really?
Thanks @pvt

I actually saw this earlier. But, me coming in was not dependent on any potential ideas you have of me being scum with ejther of them. I had some downtime at college and decided to get on. Sooner or later i needed to do stuff in this game to prove my “obvtownness” others claim. So i took that free time and tried to use it. I’m sorry that i happened to show up at that time . But it’s NAI
In post 1736, mcqueen wrote:
In post 1734, PvtUrist wrote:
In post 1314, Celica wrote:
In post 1310, Alisae wrote:Celica pull up a chair, let’s talk.
I don’t think ur going with your pink ball push, and I don’t think your ank push is going to go anywhere atm.
What are some other topics you wanna talk about atm, because you’re wasting your energy atm and its starting to become hard to sort.
I'm debating if I want to pair with a gent I want dead because I don't think I'm making end game at the moment or if I want to go with Allo. My fear with going with Allo is he'll get dragged down with me. I'm confident in my town game giving my scum game is nothing compared to this, but it's hard to work off when I have no reason why I'm being scumread.
I think mcqueen should get a pair atm. I'd want adel or Rein left out of the dance, but I lean adel atm
*Actually this might be the post referred to
lol at my above then? i mean i see why Ank would think i’m scum, but i’m not . And frankly if I come in and play like my usual town self, with people who claim to read me easily, i don’t see why this post carries so much weight in Ank’s eyes
In post 1925, mcqueen wrote:
Why not?
In post 1926, mcqueen wrote:
In post 1924, mcqueen wrote:
In post 1913, mcqueen wrote:I think PvtUrist is scummy. More to say about the latter in a minute.
In post 1618, PvtUrist wrote:2) Pre-dance mechanic that doesn't allowed pushing lynches on D1
Okay, this post intrigues me because it's true; but, I can kinda see how Urist's Ank-tunnel in this game, is similar to his support of EchoVision's mislynch on Day 1 in our Newbie game together. Yes, I'm going back to that; No, it might not be the best way to scumhunt; But, it's what I've got to work with right now.

Urist interacted with people pretty well on that Day 1, and EchoVision was more of a policy lynch, but at the time I replaced in, had I gotten more time, I wasn't feeling EchoVision!scum, but kinda had to go along with it. I'm not feeling Ank!scum here, either.

So THEN, on Day 2, is when Urist tunneled T-Bone, but both of us had scumreads on him and it was pretty obvious. Also, Urist was a Cop. Enter in where I'm not sure if his play here is because anyone who's town is just "town" (townie, almost) and not a PR, or if it's because he's scum.

Are we certain Pvt has that same power to control a lynch during the Dance phase? Certain posts of his strike me as having a different tone than that Newbie, while others feel similar. So, I'm not really sure and I'm keeping him at leanscum for now.
this feels extremely subpar for the level of town I like to play to, although I don't care and I'm going with it. This is my thought process, and I'm very open to any rebuttals against it.

like what I've been seeing of mcqueen's play is him being very self-conscious when he has eyes on him and otherwise just pushing things that don't really get anywhere. It's really weird to me how the only push he made needed an addendum about how he's open to being proven wrong when nobody had even commented on it yet
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:50 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1933, Slaxx wrote:
In post 1932, Ankamius wrote:I still kinda feel like mcqueen is still coming at this game with the same rough mindset that I initially saw from him

like am I high or something

his entire approach to the game feels like scum who is feeling like they entered a game they think they're going to lose
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:52 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1937, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1933, Slaxx wrote:

like am I high or something

his entire approach to the game feels like scum who entered a game they already feel like they're going to lose
I edited my phrasing to hopefully make a little more sense
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:52 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 1931, Slaxx wrote:Her read on me and discussion with other players on why probably easily makes up half her iso and the fact you say you’re pretty sure she’s town without reading that or letting her answer first looks fabricated.
I’ve already stated I think she’s town before that?
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:53 am

Post by mcqueen »

Which is?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:55 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 1897, mcqueen wrote:
In post 1776, Celica wrote:Also to throw your own words back at you. It doesn't really matter if you agree or disagree on what you think is enough to get a read on you. It's my own read and it's how I came to my answer. However you're clearly not reading my posts so this conversation is a bit blah.
I think you're town at the moment, but Dunn's right. You may have your own reads, but if you want anyone else to agree with you on those reads, you're going to have to do a better job at explaining said reads.
Yeah, here for the first time as far as I can tell.

That doesn’t make my point invalid, it bolsters it if anything. You didn’t even give a reason?
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:56 am

Post by mcqueen »

Scum doesn’t get in a heated argument like she did with PB.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:58 am

Post by Ankamius »

Why not
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:00 am

Post by mcqueen »

Wym why not? There’s no reason for them to be THAT engaged. Just move on and “hunt” somewhere else
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:01 am

Post by Ankamius »

Why would scum avoid an opportunity to clog the thread with a useless back and forth?
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:07 am

Post by mcqueen »

Name 1 time you’ve seen scum get that heated?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:21 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 1946, mcqueen wrote:Name 1 time you’ve seen scum get that heated?
Dude.

I’ve played a game with you where I was caps locking and scum. I was under Lolwagons. It wasn’t a one on one but it got heated.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:21 am

Post by Slaxx »

Lovers.

The same game I referenced with Krazy earlier. Lmao.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:22 am

Post by Slaxx »

Although you didn’t post a lot so it’s feasible you weren’t reading it.

But it definitely happens

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”