Micro 845: The Room Odds - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:12 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 448, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 446, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:So you’re saying you think it was a TvT wagon? So, A) why are you convinced Persivul is town and B) who do you think was scum on that wagon?
I don't necessarily think both scum were off, but the numbers say that probably one was. I don't think we can say for sure, which is why I pushed against you when you did.

I'm not convinced Persivul is town. But I thought his interactions, especially trying to quote a room, were genuine, and since I now townread your slot if he is scum he was probably bussed which is also unlikely.
So, who do you think is scum and why are you still voting me?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:45 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 449, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:But tell me why you’re so convinced Persivul is town, because that is the lynchpin holding your theory together.
I feel like Persivul being scum is the linchpin of YOUR theory, my theory is just that we don't know. I kind if think everything that just went down is more evidence for him being town... if he wasn't bussed, his partner is either Dunn or you, and Dunn/Persivul has a low probability.

UNVOTE:
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:49 am

I don't really know who is scum. Game was pretty dead before you replaced in. Townblocking seems like the way to go, and that's my go-to method anyway. Hopefully this interaction will generate some interesting discussion in my rooms.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:36 am

Post by Plotinus »

In post 416, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 414, Plotinus wrote:Welcome, Nancy Drew!
:)

Have you ever played with this mechanic before? It seems really interesting. I hope we get one or do we just have to annoy the rest of the playerlist, in to voting us one? :lol:
I haven't played with this mechanic before, but I've modded it about 5 times.

I'd be happy to have a room with you. I know that Persivul and Flavour Leaf were hoping to get a room with Ruby, but each player is allowed to have 2 new rooms per dayphase so if you're interested in that room, too, then we've already got most of the votes we need for it. Up to you.

@Something_Smart now that we've had some flips, your chances of being scum with Dunnstral or Persivul has risen to a 0.91% chance each (or a combined 1.82%). I realise this doesn't detract from your point in a meaningful way but it itched.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:41 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 451, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 449, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:But tell me why you’re so convinced Persivul is town, because that is the lynchpin holding your theory together.
I feel like Persivul being scum is the linchpin of YOUR theory, my theory is just that we don't know. I kind if think everything that just went down is more evidence for him being town... if he wasn't bussed, his partner is either Dunn or you, and Dunn/Persivul has a low probability.

UNVOTE:
Well. I know it’s not me obviously but Dunn made this post, about having a tpr protect either my slot or the NK right? so why does scum!Dunn do that? Actually, not necessarily but it would definitely make my theory right. But you agree that there was likely at least one scum on Gamma wagon, right? So, if it isn’t me and I think it’s probably not you, who do you think it could be?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:42 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 452, Something_Smart wrote:I don't really know who is scum. Game was pretty dead before you replaced in. Townblocking seems like the way to go, and that's my go-to method anyway. Hopefully this interaction will generate some interesting discussion in my rooms.
Hopefully, I’ve at least livened things up in that case, :P
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:44 am

Post by Plotinus »

That's a good point about Dunn :/ He's so scummy otherwise though ugh.

VOTE: Clemency

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:44 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 453, Plotinus wrote:
In post 416, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 414, Plotinus wrote:Welcome, Nancy Drew!
:)

Have you ever played with this mechanic before? It seems really interesting. I hope we get one or do we just have to annoy the rest of the playerlist, in to voting us one? :lol:
I haven't played with this mechanic before, but I've modded it about 5 times.

I'd be happy to have a room with you. I know that Persivul and Flavour Leaf were hoping to get a room with Ruby, but each player is allowed to have 2 new rooms per dayphase so if you're interested in that room, too, then we've already got most of the votes we need for it. Up to you.

@Something_Smart now that we've had some flips, your chances of being scum with Dunnstral or Persivul has risen to a 0.91% chance each (or a combined 1.82%). I realise this doesn't detract from your point in a meaningful way but it itched.
Awesome, how do we go about getting a room then? Do I bold it or something?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:46 am

Post by Plotinus »

yeah, bold "get a room: person1, person2, etc." It takes 3 votes for a 2 person room, 5 for a 3 person room, 7 for a 4 person room.

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:54 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 458, Plotinus wrote:yeah, bold "get a room: person1, person2, etc." It takes 3 votes for a 2 person room, 5 for a 3 person room, 7 for a 4 person room.
Get a room with Nancy and Plotinus

Like that?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:56 am

Post by Plotinus »

yeah.

Get a room: Nancy and Plotinus

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:59 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 460, Plotinus wrote:yeah.

+1 :cool:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:59 am

In post 453, Plotinus wrote:@Something_Smart now that we've had some flips, your chances of being scum with Dunnstral or Persivul has risen to a 0.91% chance each (or a combined 1.82%). I realise this doesn't detract from your point in a meaningful way but it itched.
Right, thanks for pointing that out. I was somewhat in a hurry to get my point across and it didn't occur to me.

Get a RoomNancy Drew 39, Plotinus (3): Nancy Drew 39, Plotinus, Something_Smart
(R-0)

Persivul, Ruby Red, Flavor Leaf (2): Flavor Leaf, Dunnstral
(R-3)

Persivul, Flavor Leaf (1): Persivul
(R-2)

Not Voting (1): Clemency

It takes 2n-1 votes to get a n player Room.

Nancy Drew 39
and
Plotinus
have gotten a Room
Last edited by BNL on Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:20 am

In post 454, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Well. I know it’s not me obviously but Dunn made this post, about having a tpr protect either my slot or the NK right? so why does scum!Dunn do that?
Well, could be that he didn't expect the deflector to listen to him. Could also be that he expected the deflector to deflect onto a townie if they did target tris.

I've seen scum-Dunn make the mechanically suboptimal choice just for WIFOM before, so it's not impossible that he did it here.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:36 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 463, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 454, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Well. I know it’s not me obviously but Dunn made this post, about having a tpr protect either my slot or the NK right? so why does scum!Dunn do that?
Well, could be that he didn't expect the deflector to listen to him. Could also be that he expected the deflector to deflect onto a townie if they did target tris.

I've seen scum-Dunn make the mechanically suboptimal choice just for WIFOM before, so it's not impossible that he did it here.
Yes, that’s definitely possible. He did fool everyone in Excalibur.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:10 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I oppose this room strongly
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:11 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Wait wait wait.

Why the hell did that room come up and hammer away, when Persivul, Ruby, My Room was on L-1?

Nancy can’t get into another room now until the post restriction is up.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:12 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Because Plotinus is scum and now he gets to manipulate Nancy in a pt

Scum is still in you/Plot/SS likely
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:14 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 456, Plotinus wrote:That's a good point about Dunn :/ He's so scummy otherwise though ugh.

VOTE: Clemency
And this is just warming up to Nancy, I don't think Clemency is likely scum

VOTE: Plotinus
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:20 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 465, Dunnstral wrote:

I oppose this room strongly
Why? And is this kind of like a “speak now or forever hold your prace” kind of deal? :lol:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:22 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 466, Flavor Leaf wrote:Wait wait wait.

Why the hell did that room come up and hammer away, when Persivul, Ruby, My Room was on L-1?

Can you please explain all of this to me? I’m still be bit rusty on the mechanics here. Thanks.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:33 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 470, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 466, Flavor Leaf wrote:Wait wait wait.

Can you please explain all of this to me? I’m still be bit rusty on the mechanics here. Thanks.
You get into rooms (neighborhoods) with people based off of people voting for them. The first 48 hours of the room’s existence, you cannot talk to or even bring up the person you’re in a room with.

I was trying to get a Persivul/Ruby/Flavor one, and it was at L-1 happening this entire time, and you guys snuck it from me, because when you have a post restriction, you can’t join in a new room.

Meaning that 3 person room happening can’t happen for at least 48 hours now.

On top of that, 3 player rooms take more people to make happen, so i highly doubt its gonna happen, anyways.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:34 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

@SS - what was Tris saying in your room?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 467, Dunnstral wrote:Because Plotinus is scum and now he gets to manipulate Nancy in a pt

Scum is still in you/Plot/SS likely
You think there’s the possibility 0 scum were on the Gamma wagon?

The opposite is more true than that.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:02 pm

Post by Dunnstral »