Townie
Asking for a friend
Townie
Townie

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:25 pm

Post by Asking for a friend »

Hey for people wondering who Joan is
Joan = Yume/NicoRobin

Okay move on feel free to bully or do whatever you would do knowing that information
Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:28 pm

Post by Joan of Arc »

In post 325, Asking for a friend wrote:Hey for people wondering who Joan is
Joan = Yume/NicoRobin

Okay move on feel free to bully or do whatever you would do knowing that information
Bad Alisae, bad.

Alt of Plumber
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:29 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

First,
Unvote: Toogeloo

Reasonably Psychotic, may I ask why you have not committed to a vote yet? Even a pressure one would be more useful, especially since you never participated in RVS.
In post 185, Joan of Arc wrote:Also, I am town, so why should I care if I appear scummy or not?
That’s superfluous to bring up. If you didn’t care about how the Town views you, you would have said nothing. The fact that you needed to assert this shows that you do care about how the Town perceives you, which in itself is scummy.
In post 194, Joan of Arc wrote:
In post 192, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 190, Joan of Arc wrote:
In post 189, Near x Mello wrote:even if you cant be lynched if we waste a day on you youre still harming town

~Near
Me? You're the ones doing it by collectively deciding to waste a day on me for no adequately explained reason.
Mmm. I hate this "it's not my fault, it's yours!" mentality with a burning passion. Mostly because I see it used primarily by foul villains.
Phos is not a villain and everyone who says they are will have to answer to me.
Just because she is not a villain does not mean that you are town in this game. Given that this is a Upick game where we did not pick alignments, we cannot assume either way that picking a hero or villain will lead to a town or scum alignment.
In post 145, BNL wrote:By the way based on how hoods are generated this game I don't think any hood is more likely than another to contain scum. In fact, even an all scum hood isn't implausible.
Drixx brought up a good point here, in that you assume more information than town should know in this game.

This post implies that certain hoods do not contain scums and certain ones do but how would you know that unless you had info on what hoods are available in the game? It’s doubtful that a Townie would be able to do anything but assume let alone speculate on an all scum hood.
In post 147, BNL wrote:
In post 64, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 62, Almost50 wrote:OK, so here's a declaration: I won't claim which channel(s) I'm in and won't be posting in them either for the time being. You should all be concerned I could read what you say in your channel(s) without you realizing I'm in it.

Spoiler:
Damn, I couldn't have come up with a scummier declaration. Couple that with my RVS vote on myself, and I should be considered the antichrist of the game by all other players already. :twisted:
I had the thought of doing this as well, but I decided to speak in one of them.
Also, I think this is a scummy entrance
UNVOTE: Dunnstral
VOTE: Morality (Flavor Leaf's new account)

Discuss.
How is this post a scummy entrance from Morality? Choosing which hood he wants to speak in is his choice and should not be an indication of alignment. It’s what he posts in the hood he chooses to contribute to that should matter and unless you are in that hood with him, you have no way to tell if the posts resembles town or scum.

In fact, telling us to discuss your supposedly revealing post with no explanation on your part is rather disingenuous seeing as you expect Town to take you at your word instead of selling the prospect of voting for Morality.

VOTE: BulletNLynchproof

This wagon needs more traction. Joan is a close second as far as scum reads are concerned.
In post 244, Toogeloo wrote:Super Smash voted me before I posted in Channel 5.
Robert is voting Near x Mello, that may have also happened before Near made their presence known in Channel 5 as well.

Kind of humorous though that the small group of Channel 5 has 2 votes on each other.
Robert voted for Near x Mello after the later posted on Channel 5.
In post 246, Chito and Yuuri wrote:That make me wonder -- Apathetic town or scum that didn't get excited about their role PM:
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Elena Fisher

What do you guys think? Which out of SSBF and Elena is busy town and which is scum that doesn't like their role PM?
Given that this is a Upick game, which allowed us to pick three choices we want, it stands to reason that no matter what choice we got, we would be excited about our role. My inactivity in this thread until now was due to life being busy, not deliberately avoiding the thread.
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:34 am

Post by Near x Mello »

In post 327, Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:This post implies that certain hoods do not contain scums and certain ones do but how would you know that unless you had info on what hoods are available in the game? It’s doubtful that a Townie would be able to do anything but assume let alone speculate on an all scum hood.
What makes you think scum have info about all hoods available in the game

ie

How is bnl's thing more likely coming from scum than town?

~Near
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:31 am

Post by Morality »

Anyone pick up Wargroove?
“DON’T GET BOGGED DOWN IN HIS SWAMP OF WIFOM!” - Chip Butty to guiltied Scum Morality. Spoiler, they sunk.

FL

Modding - A Death Note Series -
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:00 am

Post by Reasonably Psychotic »

I was going to publicly argue with my head, address a bunch of people’s stuff, and make a statement but then it lost all my quotes and I’m on my phone and it’s cold.

Also @mastina we are a hydra. I exist and I’m a developed hooman and not the flat girlfriend character. Don’t forget this head or you’ll make me cry.

@whoever has asked us why we don’t vote, Cerb likes to take that precaution in general when he’s hydra-ing. I, on the other hand, just haven’t caught up yet.

Spike and Jet’s weird-ass defense of Robert might be related to their Ascetic claim? Anyone else?

Also. As much as I hate memes in Mafia because I get confused I want to share this with you.

Spoiler: goddammit

Let’s see if it posts.
Hydra of Amzela(Yuno) and Cerberus v666(Yukiteru)
Couple extraordinaire. What do
you
do for pillow talk?
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:01 am

Shit. That was Yuno. Signing is hard.
you
do for pillow talk?
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:02 am

Post by Near x Mello »

you lost me, yuno

what does his ascetic claim have to do with his townread on robert?

~Near
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:14 am

In post 332, Near x Mello wrote:you lost me, yuno

what does his ascetic claim have to do with his townread on robert?

~Near
Was just thinking that if they were ascetic, they could just not give a shit about how they appear because they might not be investigate due to the claim and fear of wasting the night action.

I dunno. Might be grasping at straws but I’m trying to make heads or tails of why SnJ posted that. It stood out to sleepy me and it left a bad feeling. I wonder if Robert is town, are they trying to make him look bad? Then again maybe I am misunderstanding the ascetic role in the large meta of the game and how ascetics play generally? Haven’t ever played with one before. Tbh I was scrolling through the top pages, read that, and read the defense.

Does Yuno know what the fuck she’s doing? Nope.

I’m going back to bed.

Also just for the record, a half-naked Cerb has told me that he doesn’t give a shit about what happens just Drixx can’t trick him. He also says that he does actually give a shit but like perfect record to maintain.

<insert anime meme with sunglasses here>
you
do for pillow talk?
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:14 am

Also done by Yuno again. God I’ve gotta get better at signing.
you
do for pillow talk?
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:28 am

Also, on priniciple, this head feels weird for outing JoA’s alts because she specifically said that she wants to try and get better without people assuming how she plays.

I guess with other people realizing, the outing doesn’t really matter because the connection is already there. But yeah. Just a thought about respecting wishes.

-Yuno
you
do for pillow talk?
Spike and Jet
Spike and Jet
Goon
Spike and Jet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:42 am

Post by Spike and Jet »

In post 291, Elena Fisher wrote:Empty as in lack of content or post count?
empty of towntells
In post 291, Elena Fisher wrote:How much of the game have you read when you posted this? Considering all the stuff that was posted in that timeframe I'm interested in your reads on other slots if he was your biggest tr.
i believe i had read everything since my first post and perhaps a few before
i saw dunn make a post calling robert scummy, so i iso'd robert to see if he was on to something. realised he was talking nonsense, then i iso'd dunn, was not impressed, and called him out.
its relative, too. some players are easier to read than others. there are players who have made decent posts but if they have a wide scum range theyre staying bang in the middle of null (ie drixx).
Spike and Jet
Spike and Jet
Goon
Spike and Jet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:46 am

Post by Spike and Jet »

In post 314, Asking for a friend wrote:Stoned Ali Reporting for duty with a very important announcement
Subject: Paint Mafia Mania! Game Over come look at the garbage fire
Alisae wrote:Is Creature Town Checklist
Is Creature Active?
Is Creature doing his usual stream of consciousness posting?
Is Creature confident in his towniness?
Is Creature taking the easy outs on his reads (IE Obvtown town, lynchbaits consensus scum)?

If the answer to the first 3 is yes and the last 1 is no, then he is town.

Let's address the first thing on the checklist.
Is he active? Answer: No he has 40 posts.
Is Creature doing his usual stream of consciousness posting? Answer: No he has 40 posts.
Is Creature confident in his towniness? Answer: No. does not read as confident to me. does not read out as confident to me (in fact it reads as defeatist)
Is Creature taking the easy outs in his reads? Based on a skim on his ISO it sure does look like it to me.
VOTE: Spike and Jet
NO CREATURE POSTS
ITS A LYNCH
ITS A LYNCH
weak
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:46 am

Post by Near x Mello »

In post 336, Spike and Jet wrote:its relative, too. some players are easier to read than others. there are players who have made decent posts but if they have a wide scum range theyre staying bang in the middle of null (ie drixx).
what about robert? do you have experience with him?

~Near
Spike and Jet
Spike and Jet
Goon
Spike and Jet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:48 am

Post by Spike and Jet »

In post 330, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:Spike and Jet’s weird-ass defense of Robert might be related to their Ascetic claim? Anyone else?
nope
just liked his posts combined with the little meta knowledge i have of him
Spike and Jet
Spike and Jet
Goon
Spike and Jet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:53 am

Post by Spike and Jet »

In post 338, Near x Mello wrote:
In post 336, Spike and Jet wrote:its relative, too. some players are easier to read than others. there are players who have made decent posts but if they have a wide scum range theyre staying bang in the middle of null (ie drixx).
what about robert? do you have experience with him?

~Near
i mean its a read based on 4 posts, im not exactly going to die on this hill but its my first read of the game
#1 his first post looked excited which i associate with town
#2 policy votes without pushing them are consistent with his town game
#4 calling out mastina in post 4, a known strong/intimidating player, shows confidence that i associate with town

if you think im wrong, explain what hes done thats inconsistent with his town game
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:55 am

Post by Near x Mello »

i asked you if you have experience, not to defend your read

ill take it as yes

~Near
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 243, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 240, Chito and Yuuri wrote:
In post 239, Toogeloo wrote:Near X Mello
Kokichi Oma
Chito: I have a theory that Toogeloo is not scum with Near x Mello
Ah, I see. Kokichi is a hyda of Near x Mello
Please start thinking more before writing crap
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 249, Toogeloo wrote:Robert was asking questions about the channels in Channel 5, trying to figure out how many and how they work. Then posted here about reading up on game specific rules. Could be feigning obliviousness, but that means at least slightly more town than scum considering they could have obtained the info from scum chat and worked through it there.

Also...

I didn't get my first choice, but only because. I was the one who slightly delayed the game because my first choice was from Gantz: 0, which I saw on Netflix, but mod told me that it is a sequel and the original Gantz was in 2004.

Did get my second choice though.

Also...

You'll want to test my Priest role before Night 3, and then force me to test again after Night 3 to see if I changed roles or not.
So we hammer test you when it’s perfectly reasonable you can hammer. Hell no.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:05 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 267, Almost50 wrote:@Gamma: How am I supposed to answer this now? You know my alts, right? Would you be kind enough to figure out the rest?
Nothing to do with alts, everything to do with you hemorrhaging scum-exclusive info previously.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 270, Chito and Yuuri wrote:Chito: See but when you say Jaune I think of RWBY ... lol
Maybe because...that’s the joke...
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:11 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 289, Torque wrote:Hey Ali what do you say if a friend of yours needs butt skin transplanted

~~~

arse skin for a friend
That’s just awful
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 314, Asking for a friend wrote:Stoned Ali Reporting for duty with a very important announcement
Subject: Paint Mafia Mania! Game Over come look at the garbage fire
Alisae wrote:Is Creature Town Checklist
Is Creature Active?
Is Creature doing his usual stream of consciousness posting?
Is Creature confident in his towniness?
Is Creature taking the easy outs on his reads (IE Obvtown town, lynchbaits consensus scum)?

If the answer to the first 3 is yes and the last 1 is no, then he is town.

Let's address the first thing on the checklist.
Is he active? Answer: No he has 40 posts.
Is Creature doing his usual stream of consciousness posting? Answer: No he has 40 posts.
Is Creature confident in his towniness? Answer: No. does not read as confident to me. does not read out as confident to me (in fact it reads as defeatist)
Is Creature taking the easy outs in his reads? Based on a skim on his ISO it sure does look like it to me.
VOTE: Spike and Jet
NO CREATURE POSTS
ITS A LYNCH
ITS A LYNCH
I’d argue he’s past purely being read by “is he posting” but I think his record in hydras has always been awful as scum so I don’t think this is a bad play. Feel like it’s too early though and now his activity will be tainted.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:19 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 329, Morality wrote:Anyone pick up Wargroove?
I’ve had a mild interest in it conceptually because it’s supposed to be a successor to Advance Wars which I like
But no have not picked it up.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:19 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Also SSBF proly town
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”