Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2950 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:28 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Chara, you said that our solve doesn't fit with the massclaim - it looks pretty fine to us, can you go into a bit more detail there? Also please respond to the question in 2944, please.
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2951 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:44 am

Post by Almost Chara »

i've had Varsoon as confirmed town for most of the game and i can't answer as to why Almost thought otherwise. you'll need to ask him as we didn't discuss it.

i didn't say your solve doesn't fit, i said i found it strange that we had a consensus (mostly) on who the scumteam was, doubly so that it fits mine. feels like scum would not sit idly by while that occurred.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2952 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:48 am

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 2944, Michael Scott wrote:Also, can you walk me through your Alchemist townread? From the game I've read it seems like he's an easy read with a meta of "not having enough presence" as scum. He seemed town to me from play but his post-D1 play feels like it matches that, so I'm getting a bit worried about my read there.

Also, I expected more reactions if we found the scumteam by consensus; why would a scumteam just ignore that?

Also, any pointers from mechanics? Both kills were by Marine fire, that implies ground units, yes? I'm not so good at this, but if you can figure out something it'd be great. One of my concerns with Pint is that he was adjacent to both the NKs.
i thought 2944 was the question about Varsoon, so i'll answer this too.

i don't know what to do about the mechanics, i'm sorry. pintu being adjacent to both NKs is notable. i know you're just trying to figure things out but if you're keen to ask me all of these questions, could you think of some to ask other people besides your townread? i've said i don't have a lot of time and that hasn't changed.

i try not to let good townreads fall away just because the player has been less active. it's a bad trap to fall into unless i get the sense the player is losing steam in looking town (which has happened to me as scum).
Alchemist was really towny earlier and i explained i thought his read on us recently felt very genuine and echoed how i had been feeling earlier in the game.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2953 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:53 am

Post by Almost Chara »

i would actually prefer a mewtaph lynch over jjh, but both are fine.
lack of activity is a bother and i'm certainly helping with that but nothing i can do about it right now.

was looking over my earlier post and i now see where you got the idea that the massclaim was involved in my lack of faith with this scumteam. because i actually said that.
i don't remember why. i might've meant that i'd properly read the massclaim? i really don't know, because Varsoon is the only player i'm even reading on setup spec.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2954 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:14 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 2952, Almost Chara wrote:i know you're just trying to figure things out but if you're keen to ask me all of these questions, could you think of some to ask other people besides your townread? i've said i don't have a lot of time and that hasn't changed.
The second and third questions were to everybody. Thing is, you're the only active player here I can sort through exchanges -- I'm still waiting for jjh927's case on T&L (and also Pintu), and for ANY reads at all from ProFlavor.

I do have a small amount of paranoia that Mewtaph is town and Alch is scum; I'm not sure what I can ask him or engage him on to solidify reads there.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2955 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:38 am

Post by Mewtaph »

@Michael Scott: jjh927 just isn't putting effort into this game and it's as clear as day. I agree that they should be roped today, but the thing is
they don't seem to be particularly concerned about the direction this day is headed, they're just letting the deadline tick down
. A very strong sign that there's not just one, but two deep scum in the team. I think one of the most concerning things is their lack of effort that is extremely visible - I am starting more and more to think that NicoRobin didn't have time for this game and that was the reason they opted to drop the game. Anyway, I know this contradicts with your proposed solve, but I think it's worth consideration.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2956 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:42 am

Post by Mewtaph »

@pinturicchio: Can you elaborate on your stance between myself, ProFlavor and Alchemist21? I can tell you've progressed from where you felt comfortable with on D2 and I want to know what this was weighted by.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2957 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:46 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 2953, Almost Chara wrote:i would actually prefer a mewtaph lynch over jjh, but both are fine.
~Chara
Why is this? Why am I now your highest preference lynch for today?
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2958 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:54 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 2955, Mewtaph wrote:@Michael Scott: jjh927 just isn't putting effort into this game and it's as clear as day. I agree that they should be roped today, but the thing is
they don't seem to be particularly concerned about the direction this day is headed, they're just letting the deadline tick down
. A very strong sign that there's not just one, but two deep scum in the team. I think one of the most concerning things is their lack of effort that is extremely visible - I am starting more and more to think that NicoRobin didn't have time for this game and that was the reason they opted to drop the game. Anyway, I know this contradicts with your proposed solve, but I think it's worth consideration.
Here's the counter argument to this, in particular favour of jjh927 being potentially town. Why is this scenario still relevant? Scum will obviously be undisturbed by a jjh927 lynch if they are a ML, but they are quite definitively unconcerned that the lynch could swing towards their mafia partner. Optically, I think both scenarios are worth thinking about. Your current solve and possible combinations I have considered in my own time and have felt that they felt too easy. Take it or leave it.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2959 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:16 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 2958, Mewtaph wrote:Your current solve and possible combinations I have considered in my own time and have felt that they felt too easy.
Of course. I and AC have this feeling too - to quote what Volxen said to me in Discord, "scum are not always mastermind's, sometimes they mess up and become easy solves :D"

Your argument about jjh927 not putting in effort is applicable to you too, if you're town I hope you get into the game more. Can you talk to me more about my analysis in ?
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2960 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:22 am

Post by Mewtaph »

Okay, is there anything you wanted my directed thoughts on in or just general thoughts on what I thought about it?
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2961 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:34 am

Post by Michael Scott »

General thoughts. Also, what's your solve apart from Alchemist21? Who do you think could be deepwolves here?
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2962 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:05 am

Post by Mewtaph »

Was typing it up but don't think I'm in the right mind for it at the moment. I kind of wish you didn't p-edit me when I was just about to finish making a larger post, but ok. I will answer what you want from me in in around an hour or two.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2963 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:47 am

Post by Mewtaph »

Yeah, nvm probably not going to do it sadly. You popping in when you did killed my vibe of what I was going to say but whatever. Doesn't help that you have me in your solve which keeps biasing my response. Feel like I'm playing to appease and not to convince, cbf doing that.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2964 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:53 am

Post by Michael Scott »

I'm sorry my pop-in killed your vibe, but it's clear I'm open to re-evaluation - and I'm also not completely sold on Alchemist21 being town. I definitely see a world where I *am* convinced you're town and Alch is deepscum, and if you're town I'll be very disappointed at your decision of not putting in further effort.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2965 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:04 am

Post by Mewtaph »

That is fine, I will probably still come back to this later.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2966 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:13 am

Post by jjh927 »

Uuh RIP my computer's motherboard

I might need to consider replacing out
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2967 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:26 am

Post by Almost Chara »

@Michael Scott: Mate, I am technically not even following the game since the start of N2. I was paying attention at the start of the game to get preliminary reads to help me know where to root. After that all our abilities are passive, so I don't need to decide on an action, and Chara is a much better player than I am by day, so I just skim the posts in general and make sure our slot is active enough. Chara knows where I stand regarding most slots, but if I have a sudden change of heart I just pop in here to speak my mind. For example, I have no idea who claimed what, because I simply cannot do anything about it anyway.

I hope that answers most of your concerns about my own play of late.

~A50
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2968 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:08 am

Post by Krazy »

Votecount 3.5

jjh927(3)
~ (128), (30), (35)

Tibor and Lumia(1)
~ (26)
ProFlavor(1)
~ (29)

Not Voting (4): Almost Chara(22), Mewtaph(16), Alchemist21(10), ProFlavor(2)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 3 deadline is in (expired on 2019-02-06 00:05:46)

MOD REMINDERSTibor and Lumia needs a prod. The last post was at: 1/31/2019 2:20:00 PM which was 2 days 1 hours 46 minutes 35 seconds ago.
Alchemist21 needs a prod. The last post was at: 1/31/2019 10:49:00 AM which was 2 days 5 hours 17 minutes 35 seconds ago.
ProFlavor needs a prod. The last post was at: 1/29/2019 10:52:00 PM which was 3 days 17 hours 14 minutes 35 seconds ago.

Quick reminder of Rule 8a:
In post 2, Krazy wrote:8a. Do not state that you have not been reading the game.

FLAVOR
Spoiler:
Last edited by Krazy on Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
vote conspiracy
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2969 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:25 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

We need more from ProFlavor
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2970 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:13 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Mewtaph, important question: What's your read on me?
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2971 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:21 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

You're probably town.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2972 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:38 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

Hmm so, if I were to drag someone next to Varsoon, who would you guys want it to be and why? I know my own answer but I still want to hear what other people think.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2973 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:00 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

You won't be able to drag someone rooted, right?
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2974 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:07 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

I think what's best is if you move to the bottom again, and drag ProFlavor beneath you (If jjh927 is lynched). This way, Varsoon's quite a few positions away from ProFlavor *and* Alchemist|You. I think the only way to kill him in that case would be an air attack; and if Almost Chara is town, they should mostly block it, thus forcing scum to perhaps choose a different target.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”