Micro 844: Geriatric Half Mast Nightless [Endgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:37 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Don't think I know any of you, but hi. Reading now.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:27 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Spoiler: Up to Page 8
Oops, didn't realize what geriatric was. Waste a lot want a lot. I'll cram everything in to one post then:
In post 7, no lunch wrote:
In post 5, theslimer3 wrote:VOTE: No lynch
Found scum
I believe attempting to no lynch in a nightless setup is far more likely to come from a member of the mafia. I am but an advocate for midday calorie reduction.

VOTE: theslimer3
Feel like #5 was pretty obviously a joke but okay.
In post 8, Shoshin wrote:theslimer's probably town. If scum, I doubt he starts the game by needlessly attracting attention to himself.
In post 9, theslimer3 wrote:
In post 8, Shoshin wrote:theslimer's probably town. If scum, I doubt he starts the game by needlessly attracting attention to himself.
Ha. Hahahahaha

Clearly you've never played with me
That doesn't look like SVS and I like Shosh's attempt to leave RVS early, so we can call Shosh town.
In post 10, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 7, no lunch wrote:
In post 5, theslimer3 wrote:VOTE: No lynch
Found scum
I believe attempting to no lynch in a nightless setup is far more likely to come from a member of the mafia. I am but an advocate for midday calorie reduction.

I'm buying what this guy is selling both as a read and as dieting advice

VOTE: slime
What's worse than making a vote on an obvious joke? Sheeping one.
In post 13, Shoshin wrote:u r a person 2 is town as well. I like how the game is going so far.
You lost me
In post 15, Shoshin wrote:Not sure yet. Scum can't afford too many townreads on town in this setup so challenging them early is plausible play from scum. At the same time, the "???" isn't how I see scum going about that. Feels more like genuine confusion at how anyone could have a townread so quick. So if I had to guess, maybe town?
In post 16, u r a person 2 wrote:{Shoshin, Urap} town bloc

let's gooooooo

i don't agree with your reasoning on slimer. He's still null

BH's entrance pinged me in that I-should-have-known-just-from-RVS sort of way. It's supes awkward.

It also jokingly endorses the whole idea that town should be wary of wasting posts, which encourages lurking discourages discussion. I know that this rule set nominally encourages that behavior which makes BH's comments a little less scum-indicative, but honestly the post restrictions are not that oppressive.

VOTE: brassherald
Good early interactions. Didn't like URP@'s first vote but the early attempt to prod and solve looks really good. I'm cool with that being null-town.
In post 22, brassherald wrote:My thoughts are some people put way too much weight on RVS votes and I don't trust reads this super early, even my own.

Also I generally have no idea what Aubrey is trying to say. And did not remember there was a person named No Lunch in this game until you voted for him/her.

To use a phrase I have used in the past, and generally explain why I don't get what Aubrey is saying, I'm not getting the plain English meaning of the words he is posting.
That's gross.
In post 24, brassherald wrote:I am comfortable making reads, I just question them constantly early on.

People should weigh up initial posts, I just do think there are some who put too much weight into them, and then write long winded posts about them, and those people are more likely scum trying to find an easy read out of nothing.
Initial thought is this is that wordy type of scum that tries to make themselves seem like theyre analyzing the game but busts a circuit trying to fabricate reads. This is all airy hypothetical BS that says nothing.
In post 27, OkaPoka wrote:This might be the perfect playerlist to do this. Y'all wanna do some RAoPS? (Random Asking of Philosophy Stage) where we hit each other up with some philsophical questions about how we view the game should be played? Yes? Please? Yes?

10 posts every 24 hours is a lot lmao I don't think I really need to hardcore restrict myself.

First question should be, do you believe in lynching lylo liabilties (aka policy lynching people who are troll-y)?
I fucking hate this shit.
It distracts from the game. I think misguided town do it sometimes but it feels like a way to waste a solid 48 hours of play. I think it is NAI here since no one was coming under fire
but
the lack of commenting on anything else going on reads as null-scum.
In post 31, brassherald wrote:
In post 30, OkaPoka wrote:What about lurkers? Would you policy lynch people who actively prod doge etc.? If you scumread someone vs troll/lurker, do you pick the latter lynch early game?
Why would you ever vote for a policy lynch over a legitimate scum read? That's just poor play. I spent a while crusading against Policy Lynching in general but have backed off that quite a bit since then, but lynchin g a scum read is obviously the better option here.

I don't do reads lists, however, I will share a few quick thoughts so far.

Shoshin is sus to me, its been a while since I'm around, but damn, the early townblocking looks like a big case of buddying to me, feel free for people to tell me why I'm wrong, I love being told I'm wrong.

VOTE: Shoshin

u r a person 2 has me frustrated with a comment about an obvious joke being an "endorsement" as if anyone in the world has ever fucking listened to me or that I am actually going to conserve my posts. But, that being said, I do get called awkward constantly, and I doubt shoshin and this person are both scum with the early town block of the two of them if there are two.

Oka, I want to know what you actually think about policylynching for reals, because I've been confused before when people are asking someone to clarify whether they believe the question, so please do that for me.

The rest of you can count on me reading your shit and sorting you as time goes, which is not to say I have not sorted you or that I have, just that if I have, I am choosing not to share at this time.

I'm a Wildcard.

-Brass Conservation Awkward Herald Awkward, Wildcard.
Okay...But URAP2 is the one that did the town bloc so...no? Also well-justified early townreads are really nice. Strongest scum read so far is brass with Oka as a followup.
In post 35, Shoshin wrote:brassherald's town based on his paranoia that I'm buddying via early townreads.

I don't like Oka's posting. Lots of words to say nothing.

VOTE: Oka
Shosh is like. So town.
In post 38, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 31, brassherald wrote:u r a person 2 has me frustrated with a comment about an obvious joke being an "endorsement" as if anyone in the world has ever fucking listened to me or that I am actually going to conserve my posts. But, that being said, I do get called awkward constantly, and I doubt shoshin and this person are both scum with the early town block of the two of them if there are two.
Hey I'm sorry I called you awkward. I couldn't think of a better word at the time.

I have no idea whether people listen to you or not.

It was a read out of, and to move us out of, RVS. Recent postings read slightly town

I like the move to Oka. I don't understand why you would actively move us back towards a random whatever when we were already quickly leaving RVS. As sho insinuated, you used it as a chance to say nothing of value from a sorting perspective while looking active

VOTE: oka
Yes. This is good. Good. I'm on board with the Shosh/UPA2 townblock.
In post 40, brassherald wrote:I'm not liking Oka, to be fully honest. I am not a fan of people who suggest policy lynches over voting for actual scum reads. I get that we don't have any PRs, but you should be able to play to tell the difference between, say, Not_Mafia and a scum player. I'm not sure if it's lazy or scum.

As to Shoshin over U2, it's mostly because I don't want to be making votes based on less logical and more emotional thinking. U2's post that was pinging me might have just been emphasized in my head because it was about me, and I don't want to do that and I didn't want to let myself do it. That being said, I may have over adjusted in my attempt to be more rational.

I still don't feel good Shoshin and I would also prefer to have that slot sorted early to U2 right now, as well. I am not really at real confidence in my reads just yet, so vote is more of a sorting vote/I can only vote for one person at a time vote.
Jesus christ he is leaving his options open. This is scum.
In post 51, Aubrey wrote:I'm kinda liking U-r-a-Person-2's demeanor so far.

--

Shoshin is someone I have a raised eyebrow on. The first read came across as a potential fabrication. Now that she has explained it, I understand it better, but I'm still not on board with her reasoning.
"First person generating a wagon = town"
. And as far as I'm concerned, 2 votes doesn't make a wagon right out the gate. I don't know what to make of the Bass read yet.

I do like the energy being put out right at the beginning of the game though.

--

I've had the pleasure of briefly seeing Cheeky's scumplay as we were both partners at one time. And by pleasure I mean she constantly attacked me left and right. :lol: Totally two different scum players. How's it been dude?

--

I fear Oka is going to be a pain for me to read and grasp. It's so spontaneous. The way he writes is perfect for his avatar though.

--

I haven't put much thought into Brass. The only thing that stuck out to me was the sense of anger after receiving criticism from U-r-a-Person. it didn't seem necessary, but I don't know how indicative that is to either alignment.
More yucky weak stances. Null-scum.
In post 56, no lunch wrote:
In post 35, Shoshin wrote:brassherald's town based on his paranoia that I'm buddying via early townreads.

I don't like Oka's posting. Lots of words to say nothing.

Still want an answer to mh previous question. But this is a good vote.

VOTE: OkaPoka
Yes it is.
In post 73, u r a person 2 wrote:actually, no, i think the no lynch early is nai
The fact he withdrew part of his case is probably town-indicative. Show's transparency and not driving lynches.
In post 80, no lunch wrote:Brassherald, why did you have to townslip of all people? You were already my strongest townread.

I am uncertain on OkaPoka. but I am a sheep.
Not convinced that is a town slip. This does make NL look more town though.
In post 92, Aubrey wrote:Just how in the hell are you getting so many town reads by page 4?
This does not read as frustrated town. If this flips scum, whatever town reads were reaching a consensus here were probably correct.

In post 96, OkaPoka wrote:Still don't see what Shoshin means by
Lots of words to say nothing.
Cheeky response by quoting me, but I don't feel it so ehh? Its going over my head.

---

Brass I think that we should lynch people that will get autolynched in lylo or corrupt how lylo is played out. For example, someone who straight up lolhammers should be autolynched before lylo. Saving them for "later reevaluation" is naive.

Not planning this game (or any game) for lylo is setting up for failure.

Town can piece together the game a lot better as the game goes on (should be self-evident) thus wouldn't you want the best people to be there when you have the most to work off of? Assuming that we can be successful with little-no information is just silly and at that point we are rolling dices to win. Especially in mountainous games where interaction is key to finding things out.

---

Nothing slimer has done is AI.

---

Townslipping does not exist and solidifying townreads off of "townslips" and early interactions is yikes.

---

u r a person 2 is getting scary close to how i played DDU.

VOTE: u r a person 2

Don't know what no lunch sees in u r a person 2 but whatever.
Yikes.
In post 110, no lunch wrote:if there isn't scum between Cheeky and Shoshin I'll retire. handing out townreads everywhere in a game where 1/3 of the list is scum, is hilarious.
...why. If you have 3 townreads in a game of 2:7 is it that crazy to have three townreads in a game of 3:6? This has face value but when you follow it to its logical conclusion doesn't really mean much. Also, there was a townbloc on page 1 or 2 and that just...escaped you?
In post 114, OkaPoka wrote:Cheeky's weird, but always weird. Her alignment is contingent on the accuracy of her reads.
---
Brassherald, I've played PYP with you. Why weren't you like this? Or why aren't you like you were in PYP?
---
no lunch you are voting slimer?

How is no one voting him yet?
VOTE: OkaPoka

....#132 why the hell is there a wagon on shoshin...no wonder I'm coming in under heat.
In post 161, OkaPoka wrote:Cheeky, are you voting u r a person 2 because you agree with my assessment or something else?
---
no lunch are you an alt?
---
maestro is starting to border on the lurking territory, I'd hate to policy lynch, but I'm not afraid to policy lynch.

More thoughts later today hopefully
"I'd hate to policy lynch but I'm not afraid to policy lynch" a lurker...no mention of Maestro...This is like, scum.

Oh my fucking god. #175 is Oka
scumreading URAP2 for Oka's scum meta.
Like what in the actual hell.

#177 from Brass is bad. Reeks of bandwagoning opportunism. Spent two paragraphs on the people they didn't vote then just calls that slot scum and votes. okay.

I got tired of doing PbyP's so thats reaction to #177. U2AP and Shoshin are town, I'm taking that to the bank.

@UP2
Maestro and OkaPoka are 2 of the scum. If #174 isn't distancing I truly don't know what is. #189 seems a bit ballsy for that but I still think it is the right choice, especially after you gave them confidence in #188. #213 is a giant copout not to scumhunt.

I'm fine with OP or Maestro but VOTE: Maestro. This flips scum. I think I left a Oka vote somewhere in the spoiler tags but I can't be fucked to go back and read it.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:31 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Brass got better and more solvey as the game went on, I can buy him as a slow start town. I'm getting mixed but mainly town vibes from NL as well.

Town: Shash, UP2
Leaning Town: Brass, NL
Null: Slimer
Lean Scum: Aubrey
Scum: Oka, Maestro
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:35 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In fact the majority of Maestro's ISO is fomenting paranoia on what seem to be pretty objectively solid reads. Like Aubrey, if that flips scum town was probably on the right track with their town reads.

P:edit

I am lolwagons. Rather, lolwagons is me.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:37 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 310, OkaPoka wrote:I miss Cheeky already.

Hi Slaxx, you are lolwagons? I'm gnelf. You are misinterpreting what I say Slaxx. Whatever, if I stand alone on my ideas, I'll stand alone. C9++ would have been easier if we dealt with certain slots earlier though. Just saying.
Okay I'll bite

What am I misrepping? Your signal to noise ratio is equivalent to letting an RNG choose your radio station.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:51 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I get that but how the hell does he defend against "You're scum because when I'm scum I do
x
"? You basically backed him into a corner than kept your vote parked there. On top of that the reasons for his reads seem transparent and reasonable, I don't see anything particularly sinister about them. I found myself nodding along with a lot of what him and Shosh were saying.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:59 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 315, u r a person 2 wrote:I'm out of posts, but we've got time in the day to entertain this for a hot minute

@slaxx did you read the thread before replacing in? Did you choose CT's slot over Slimer's?

UNVOTE:
I went in blind. I like nightless vanilla type setups and hopped in. No choice, just saw it in the replacement queue and hopped in.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:03 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 316, OkaPoka wrote:Well then its your opinion, and if you are town I'm taking Cheeky's evaluation over your evaluation.

I think I specifically mentioned maestro for the policy lynch thing though, no?

The point about me specifically is because I felt like I saw something, and continue to see something that nobody else is. I use myself as an example because I've done it as scum. He isn't supposed to defend himself because mafia is not a game where one side makes an argument and the other side makes a counterargument. If he wants to prove himself as town, he'll do so. The latter is easy to fake. Its about seeing the mentality. And if I can stop his roll and make sure this "townbloc" doesn't do what the DDU "townbloc" did, then my job here is done. Townblocs just aren't town though. I haven't played with an actually pure townbloc. Its lazy play for town, its free ride for scum.
It is about seeing the mentality, and I still don't think you are clearly articulating
why
that townblock, in this context, seemed feigned or driven by a sinister motive. You can't just say that his reads are scummy because townblocks are bad, there are like 4 missing logical steps in there.

The primary thing I got out of your post was that you're willing to lynch Maestro, so how about you go ahead and vote there? UP2 isn't happening.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:33 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 322, OkaPoka wrote:Well if I end up getting the noose instead of Cheeky.

I need the townies of this townbloc to reconsider why and how they managed to get be a part of it.

And do everything possible to slow down the roll.

I don't want to see my tactics win against me.

Thanks.

Meanwhile if you want to lynch scum, lynch U2.
No vote for Maestro...why? He's your counterwagon now.

Also, I'd like to add that although you have to be careful with townblocks, this is a nightless (which I think Grey is as well?)

When people like Aubrey and Maestro try to foment that paranoia
without a coherent reason or refutation
and get frustrated that people are getting townreads, it is a giant ass red flag because in this setup scum can't kill off their cohesive adversaries. I chose Maestro over you because you at least seemed to have a coherent thought process on why you don't trust townblocks. But once again, I still am not seeing evidence as to why the town reads were invalid, just that they were because you have used the strategy in the past to win as scum. But your experience is not universally applicable.

So I ask again, using evidence from this game: what specifically about the townblock reads seems feigned or driven by ulterior motive?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:05 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 329, Maestro wrote:Hooooo boi the replacements are wagoning me

Hi Slaxx - I’ve at least seen you around.

I see Cheeky basically flailed himself into replacing and lost me my only
contemporary
asset when it came to reading somebody this game. How lovely. I’ve already addressed your concern about “fomenting paranoia” which is a stupid thing to call “healthy skepticism”.
I don’t do Townreads.
So me seeing a whole thread going around going “herpderp town”? I’m gonna call that shit out. A certain amount of paranoia is good in a mafia game, and anybody who thinks otherwise is a bit ROSEY about the game where we pretend to lynch each otherwith democracy.

Did you have any other concerns other than “Maestro plays differently than others in the thread and can’t read Oka”? Of the 3 things I said to Oka in whatever’s post you quoted, I’m not sure which looks like distancing to you but if I wanted to say some of the shit I’ve said to Oka... and we were Scum together... why would I not just say it in Daychat?

I meant what I said about Cheeky’s lynch in that last post somebody said “could never be made by Town” btw and I would say that as either alignment...?
In post 213, Maestro wrote:
In post 210, CheekyTeeky wrote:I honestly don't even care if you're town
sfter this? I'm honestly still trying to process and I've got a post on the back burner but was worried about hitting my limit - idk why I just figured if I got sucked back in after dinner I may notve remember to keep the posts light within the next 18 hours or whatever.
I'm mainly freaking out a lil' biut that I'm townreading basically nobody here
, maybe it's cuz some of you are new, maybe it's becaus I've only ever seen brassherald play before, but y'all are fucking insane by my standards. And it's a geriatric ao I don't mean posting-freqency-wise (because I've played with and modded the worst shitposters on the site), I just mean it's like. trying to read the rosetta stone for some of you, especially hte newbiwes, seriously
That was fun, we can lynch him now.

Next?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:08 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Less confident on OP, still think Maestro flips scum here. That’s not like a wording difference, that’s a complete 180 on their approach to the game in like a 24 hour period. Also, they haven’t contributed much of anything in terms of solving or push’s but spent plenty of time on long-winded, vapid posts.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 356, Aubrey wrote:Files are extremely dangerous when thrown, added Manila folder weight does +2 damage.

As slaxx pointed out I don’t know how you go from worrying about having no townreads and then state you don’t look for town reads necessarily. That just doesn’t make sense to me.

If the original CT wagon were to reform I wouldn’t cry, but I don’t think that is the case today.

VOTE: maestro
I replaced CT...

Are you sheeping a scumread?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (isolation #12) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:20 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Can we just hammer maestro Christ.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (isolation #13) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:28 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 362, Gamma Emerald wrote:No. What don’t you get about letting me read?
It’s 15 pages dude.

Oka I get your logic but the dude straight contradicted himself on the entire way he’s approaching this game within like 24 hours. Can’t really judge the flash aspect of a wagon with a piece like that.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (isolation #14) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:11 am

Post by Slaxx »

Yeah I think it does. Also Oka seemed more like misguided town than scum based on reasons for being on the wagon.

VOTE: Aubrey
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (isolation #15) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:12 am

Post by Slaxx »

Off the wagon*
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (isolation #16) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:09 am

Post by Slaxx »

Meh page 4 really makes it looks like not Gamma. Also idk Gamma super well but I don’t think he throws a fit as scum about his buddy being hammered. Still going back and forth on Oka as well. I think it’s Aubrey (idk if I buy his vote on maestro as I hinted yesterday) and the. Maybe one of my town reads is wrong.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (isolation #17) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:09 am

Post by Slaxx »

And then maybe*
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (isolation #18) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:43 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 356, Aubrey wrote:Files are extremely dangerous when thrown, added Manila folder weight does +2 damage.

As slaxx pointed out I don’t know how you go from worrying about having no townreads and then state you don’t look for town reads necessarily. That just doesn’t make sense to me.

If the original CT wagon were to reform I wouldn’t cry, but I don’t think that is the case today.

VOTE: maestro
That post is mind bending to me. You agree with my logic and think I have a good point but leave yourself an out onto another wagon... my wagon... and then the person I’m pushing flips red.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (isolation #19) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:40 am

Post by Slaxx »

We can talk about my slot and do other things, ya know.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (isolation #20) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:49 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 179, Maestro wrote:
In post 86, Shoshin wrote:I'm never lynching Brass. And I'm pretty sure NL isn't lynching Brass either. So I'm pretty sure you need to give up on that mislynch, Maestro.
In post 91, Shoshin wrote:Maestro's town, Slimer.
In post 93, Shoshin wrote:
In post 92, Aubrey wrote:Just how in the hell are you getting so many town reads by page 4?
Brass town telled and town slipped. He's town.

Maestro's town because scum would have realized how Brass slipped.
I'm catching up from around this post but I clicked to the most recent posts first, yes, sue me, or fuckin' don't unless you have a good lawyer because I live in the US of A and we love to sue around here... IMO this thought progression looks the worst to me from the PoV of only reading what came before this and the last page or so (e.g. pg 7 because Oka had to get the fwrjfdhsking pagetop and force my post to lose context.

Shoshin doesn't even vote me or apparently even scumread me after accusing me of seemingly actively pushing a ML I know is a ML......? I remain skeptical of somebody reaching up their ass and pulling out the idea of a "townslip" and this is what I get in response? Skepticism is healthy. If I teach you nothing else, let it be that, comrades. (I basically don't believe "townslipping" is a thing, if you haven't noticed - anything can be faked,
anything
)

PEDIT: Hi brass, I exist. Notice me, Horton! Suddenly Seymour! CT is obvs a troll so talk to me instead plz.
Shoshin is town btw, this post should be enough to quell any more doubt.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (isolation #21) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:52 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 394, u r a person 2 wrote:regardless of alignment, I sincerely respect your play so far, btw.

Prior to your replacing CT, I would have argued that a maestro red flip implicated your slot. I'm aware that you led the push to maestro. I just think we need to see where everyone is at wrt your slot.
I take pride I’m rarely getting mislynched, so if I do I’m putting an asterisk next to this one as “not my fault”.

I understand people will probably still not like this slot, as the Maestro flip didn’t change many of my reads except maybe Oka (also made me a tinge less confident on NL-town and I’ll explain why when I’m at a PC) so I can’t fault other people for thinking it was a hard bus, especially in a nightless without investigative roles.

But man, I joined this game not to get nightkilled if I was town. The irony of getting lynched will be palpable.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (isolation #22) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:12 pm

Post by Slaxx »

UNVOTE:

Oh my god lol no

Maybe but don’t put him at L-1 before he can at least expand on reads

Let’s not squander a D1 scum lynch with some lolwagons

Not everyone has checked in yet I think?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (isolation #23) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:17 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Gamma hasn’t and Brass has made some NAI post. Bad practice to steamroll like that
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (isolation #24) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:15 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Does Oka's sheep today "not make sense" in a town, scum, or NAI way to you Aubrey?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (isolation #25) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:46 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 418, Aubrey wrote:K. Whose the flag bearer then?
Lol I might be confbiasing but this reads like TMI

Like why would U2 assume he was Goon? I guess because he was widely scumread?

I’ll probably hammer later tonight if there’s no objections.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (isolation #26) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:47 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Ohhhh I am confbiasing

Because setup implies another day which wouldn’t happen if it Aubrey was flag

Nvm
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (isolation #27) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:47 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Actually this wagon feels a little easy I’d like to hear from Gamma.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (isolation #28) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:14 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 424, u r a person 2 wrote:If you're the goon, flag bearer is 1 in {gemma, NL, slaxx}

if you're the flagbearer, and I'm misinterpreting a read that is simply lazy (or made for some other reason), the other scum is likely oka or gemma.

If you are town, then there are 2 in {nl, slaxx, gemma, oka} with oka being the least likely scum

this is all off the top of my head. I'll try and go back and really look into associations again over the next couple days.
Your scumreads are the same regardless of the flip? Not a loaded question.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (isolation #29) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:16 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 415, Aubrey wrote:It’s no better than NL’s.
I don’t like the indirect answer of the question and I don’t like according to your logic there’s a 50/50 between NL and I but you aren’t doing anything to drive the wagons or even voting. I’ll probably hammer after Gamma catches up.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (isolation #30) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:33 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 433, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 429, Slaxx wrote:Your scumreads are the same regardless of the flip? Not a loaded question.
yes and no

My town bloc of {shoshin, brass} doesn't change so there is a lot of similarity

I don't really see aubrey and oka picking oka as the FB, so oka is town after a red flip
I think if audrey is red, the scum equity increases for slaxx and NL and decreases for Gamma.

If audrey flips town, gamma and oka's scum equity increases a little and NL and slaxx equity decreases a little.
Leading a second scum lynch would make my scum equity go up? I know bussing is possible here but are you high?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (isolation #31) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:41 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I promise it wasn't a loaded question that answer just baffled me.

So, I find myself actually agreeing with Oka. If Aubrey flips red her Brass starts looking really bad in his ISO. We probably shouldn't be townblocking him. You/Shosh I think are the only people I am comfortable with seeing in endgame, lynching whoever is third. Hopefully we can get endgame on Day 3 or 4 though.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (isolation #32) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:41 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Fucking shit I keep forgetting about the damn flagBEAR

Maybe day 2? Don't think aubrey is flag guy tho.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (isolation #33) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:46 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 440, u r a person 2 wrote:maybe, but that doesn't take away from the read. If I'm coming into CT's slot to find a scum role pm and neither of my teammates in the town bloc, I think I'm bussing pretty hard and seeing what happens. At least sometimes
I know this probably just entrenches you in your view of me trying to scoot on bus cred, the more I talk about how lynching two scum makes me town, but that is an EXTREMELY stupid thing to do.

You don't sacrifice two people under less fire than yourself to to try to get towncred, you just eat the lynch.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (isolation #34) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:57 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 442, u r a person 2 wrote:I think it's all game specific. Depends on the team mates, the town players, etc. Do you think you could carry the game from that position as scum?

I promise to go over brass from square one again here soon.
Do I think I could? Unlikely but maybe.

Would I double buss and try to to foment enough shit to outlast what, like 4 mislynches? No way. I'd eat dirt and let the buddies figure it out.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (isolation #35) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:55 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 253, brassherald wrote:
In post 252, Shoshin wrote:Brass, what are your concerns about me?
Town reads are too numerous, I don't remember loving the analysis.

But, I do promise when I do my read tomorrow night of everyone's ISO, I will be open to change, because I have been wrong in the past.

Like one time.

If one time actually means so many more times than one.
This might help inform your opinion
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (isolation #36) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:58 am

Post by Slaxx »

I’m on mobile I can probably summarize later tonight.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (isolation #37) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:06 am

Post by Slaxx »

VOTE: Brass

Let’s do a thing. Oka, vote with me.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #463 (isolation #38) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:04 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 85, Maestro wrote:
In post 80, no lunch wrote:Brassherald, why did you have to townslip of all people? You were already my strongest townread.
I fail to see a slip.

Related/WIK: I think people put far too much importance on things that they see as slips because they don't behave the same as other players.

Also WIK: brass still can be Town, but I think the only game I've ever played (maybe I modded it?) with him, he was an IC and idk if that helps or hurts my read. On the one hand, I have no context for Scum!brass, on the other hand I have a picture of ConfTown!brass who doesn't need to prove he's Town so...
In post 82, brassherald wrote:-Brass Conservation Awkward Herald Awkward, Wildcard, Bubblegum Chewer, Non-reader
The one thing that's skeeving me out about this continued meme thing you're doing is that I'm worried eventually it's going to be used to back up a claim or some bullshit like that. Unnecessary capital letters make me paranoid af.
This seems like Maestro possibly throwing shade on Shoshin in the event of a scum-Brass flip while still agreeing with the read... he never explains why he reads him that way.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (isolation #39) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:05 am

Post by Slaxx »

I initially thought this meant Brass town but that “he can still be town” piece ruins that for me.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (isolation #40) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:08 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 258, Maestro wrote:[unv][/unv]

Consider me voting Shoshin because I see no commitment to... anytihng basically
HURT: Shoshin

I'm not realy clear on Cheeky's wagon but he's only a null for me for
reasons
and I'm honestly really fknig pissed somebody thinks I'm WKing them since that's something I don't trhink I do that as either alignment so I'm almost tempted to say "fuckit, have your lynch if you want"
There was a wagon on Shoshin and I both with three votes.

I townread Shosh and I’m not scum so my best guess is that he didn’t want to attract attention to himself, but I also have an inkling that maybe both wagons already had scum on them.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (isolation #41) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:16 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 251, brassherald wrote:
In post 231, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 230, brassherald wrote:praising his solving when earlier you said no one had a case on you, but I doubt you are going to go into that.
I wasn't praising his solving lol. I was saying that's more likely to come from town - where all his reads fall into place once he thinks he's caught a scum slip.

Noone has a rational case on me. The meta thing was me meta skimming a few people and obviously not paying attention to how many games NL had listed. I looked at one game of hers and assumed that it was more. Oh well.

Anyway the point of this was to get you guys sorting each other - don't worry about sorting me, you can assume I'm scum. If I'm scum you'd want me to spew all my stances on others so there's no reason to shut me down early.

Brass do you agree/disagree with any of my other townreads and reasoning?
I disagree with Shoshin being town, I feel she has been scummy the entire game. And, in fact, after this you voted her, so seems you don't even agree with you.

I don't really believe your reasoning for any of them, and feel there's lots of 180s from you that seem not like I remember you, that being said, I really don't have too much to add since my last set of reads.

Oka is moving down, if anything, since my last time posting, and, Maestro is both an enigma and a mystery right now because he's not posting, and that may be scum indicative, but now I have a four man scum team guess, and I need to find the odd man out and probably, when I have the time (tomorrow night) reevaluate the people in my town leans to make sure I'm operating based on their posts and not just my memory of their posts.

I have to ISO everyone again and I will when I am able.
Also not for sure if I buy not posting as an excuse not to read Maestro. That’s a lot of waffling and Maestro had already posted enough to at least talk about the read.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (isolation #42) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:23 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Fun fact: Brass hasn't provided any original content since I replaced in and led the Maestro lynch. He's coasted on this town-thing of his for like the last 9 posts.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (isolation #43) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:36 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 473, brassherald wrote:Like, especially if an Aubrey lynch happens and Aubrey flips red, just remember who here is trying to push a counterwagon on me because I'm "not producing original content" like I'm some fucking monkey who as to jump through hoops for you and play a specific way rather than the way I have proven multiple times works and gets results.
1. I pushed the Aubrey lynch but got a little uncomfortable at how easily it formed, and at how he seemed more like frustrated town than scum
2. You have been putting off a reads post for a while, like 5-6 days, and just stoking random paranoia and asking empty questions when you do bother to post
3. You have some damning interactions with Maestro and
4. Why are you voting me again? Can you articulate it yourself?

No one answer this for him.

I think that is my last post today, reached 10.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (isolation #44) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:55 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 476, brassherald wrote:
In post 474, Slaxx wrote:
In post 473, brassherald wrote:Like, especially if an Aubrey lynch happens and Aubrey flips red, just remember who here is trying to push a counterwagon on me because I'm "not producing original content" like I'm some fucking monkey who as to jump through hoops for you and play a specific way rather than the way I have proven multiple times works and gets results.
1. I pushed the Aubrey lynch but got a little uncomfortable at how easily it formed, and at how he seemed more like frustrated town than scum
2. You have been putting off a reads post for a while, like 5-6 days, and just stoking random paranoia and asking empty questions when you do bother to post
3. You have some damning interactions with Maestro and
4. Why are you voting me again? Can you articulate it yourself?

No one answer this for him.

I think that is my last post today, reached 10.
First, before I answer a question for you, don't fucking tell people not to answer for me, I can handle myself, I have always made it absolutely clear that I will answer any questions posed towards me and people should fucking know that when a question is posed towards a person, that this person should answer without needing help. Like, we don't need your holier than thou bullshit, so cut it out.

Cheeky was overly aggressive in a way I have never seen her act as town. Her slot was suspect when she left, already. You, then come in, make a shitty ass tiered read list which are the worst fucking thing to be created ever on this site, yours is extra shitty since you gave no supporting information with it. Now, with no gaddamn analysis, names Oka as town. With very low analysis, not taking into account how most of the day so far has been a FUCKING WEEKEND where posting is generally low, you decide I'm scum. That's scum indicative behavior, making bad analysis based on nothing, zilch, nada. And then trying to call me out for no analysis?

I'm voting you because you are scum.
Ohhh I am dipping into my 20 reserve for this.

You obviously are not reading to try to determine my alignment as much as you are trying to push me for a lynch: because my explanations for a lot of those reads are in the NEXT POST UP in my ISO. You're totally ignoring the associative tells as part of the case I made on you, and instead attacking the issue about the time, but why promise something and then continue not to deliver? Makes you look intentionally opaque. How long are we supposed to let you coast without producing content? Seriously?

And I told everyone why I thought Oka was town. That post about similar bandwagons being on both players was pretty townie, which was the reason I referenced. I also highlighted exactly why I thought Maestro was scum as well. I have been
incredibly
transparent with virtually every post I have made.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #481 (isolation #45) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:59 pm

Post by Slaxx »

There is NO WAY you missed all that if you were really trying to sort my alignment, you are either confbiasing hard or you were just skimming through, saw that list, and decided it fit the narrative and carelessly plugged it in.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (isolation #46) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:00 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 479, brassherald wrote:
In post 478, OkaPoka wrote:who's the partner then?
Doesn't matter, he's the flagpole. Lynch him, we win.
That's a huge fucking copout.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (isolation #47) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:17 pm

Post by Slaxx »

#364 and #379 literally explain the transition. Also, once again, if you bothered to actually sort and not just drive a lynch, you would see #379 is in response to U2's #378 in which he quotes a specific post and gives a reason for Oka town. And yes, the logic of those two wagons being the same seems to come more from town actually paying attention to wagon patterns. I think in general that is harder to manufacture as scum. What more is there to say about that? All I did was add "That is harder to manufacture as scum" which I felt was implied with the shift to a townread.

P Edit: Yeah I don't buy that you actually believe what you are saying. As Oka said, Shoshin would have been the flagbearer if her and I were paired up, and I find it hard to believe you wouldn't think that if you were actually trying to interpret and sort the players.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #490 (isolation #48) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:45 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Wow, you are most definitely not discussing this in good faith. What is your bar on how much analysis is needed to change a read? I gave two reasons: one of my own, and one associative tell U2 plucked out. AFTER a scum flip, no less. I bet if you went back and looked at all the ISO's you would find read changes that were way less organic and transparent than that, particularly from those who might have been null or town reading Maestro. It is clear you are picking that because it is all you can find in my ISO, because if you were using it to actually scumhunt, you'd have a lot bigger pool, starting with U2, who used that argument to waiver on Oka.

Also, notice we started out talking about my entire readslist (under false pretenses) and not anything Brass-related, which could have been easily mitigated by anyone actually trying to sort my slot. Then we moved specifically to my shift on Oka (also under false pretenses), and now we are talking about how my level of analysis on Oka specifically just didn't cut it to justify a change in read. Also note that while calling my reads shallow, Brass was inspired to vote me after a few lines of dialogue with Oka (yes, I know he suspected my slot before, but he is pushing a "He's the flagpole" narrative based on this).

Here's the thing: Brass is not interested in figuring out my alignment because he knows it. If you read the last two pages it is clear his sole purpose was to drive a lynch, and apparently he thought he could double-down on the points he was making.

And now we are in to...just complete bad faith arguments that look way more like someone who kept putting in more chips and is now pot-committed on a poorly constructed argument, and some half-ass gambit thrown in.

"I'd prefer you lynch me rather than..."

Yeah, I hope they call that bluff.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (isolation #49) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:45 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Dammit forgot to add "last post for the night" to that post so I have to make another one to say it.

LAST POST FOR THE NIGHT.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (isolation #50) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:33 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 494, no lunch wrote:Can someone explain scum-brassherald to me?
...really? The last two-three pages pretty much sums it up.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (isolation #51) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:59 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 84, Maestro wrote:
In post 81, theslimer3 wrote:I dont have any reads. For me it's still the beginning of the game.
ahaha no

no that's bad - here have rope

VOTE: slimer

I'm here now gang, forgot that I didn't need to be SO EXTREMELY CONCERNED about post count that I would just sit there paralyzed waiting for a good opportunity to make some huge meaningful post... also, forgot which game I'm in was the geriatric so that helps, amirite? :lol:
Does Maestro open up distancing like that?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (isolation #52) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:00 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 88, theslimer3 wrote:
In post 84, Maestro wrote:
In post 81, theslimer3 wrote:I dont have any reads. For me it's still the beginning of the game.
ahaha no

no that's bad - here have rope

VOTE: slimer

I'm here now gang, forgot that I didn't need to be SO EXTREMELY CONCERNED about post count that I would just sit there paralyzed waiting for a good opportunity to make some huge meaningful post... also, forgot which game I'm in was the geriatric so that helps, amirite? :lol:
so sorry that I dont play the game like you. Thanks for putting me at l-1 because or it though.
In post 83, Shoshin wrote:
In post 81, theslimer3 wrote:I dont have any reads. For me it's still the beginning of the game
Can you at least tell that NL's town? It's pretty obvious.
is there something they're doing that should make me feel that way?
Also it was an L-1 vote...idk, how do we feel about slime's reaction to it? I'm feeling NAI.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (isolation #53) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:01 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I remember yelling at Gamma for doing a really slow catchup in another game and someone told me he is trying out a new style... but I can't remember which game it was or what he flipped lmfao. It was a while back and I know it is over.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (isolation #54) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:09 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I'd like to see Gamma catch up but I'm not opposed to that vote.

Brass is either clumsy scum or confbiasing town now, there are no other options there. That push really rubbed me the wrong way.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (isolation #55) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:20 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 511, u r a person 2 wrote:so what is your read on aubrey right now, Slaxx?

It had been you leading the push

then you said the wagon felt too easy

where are you at now
Aubrey I'm not as for sure on but wouldn't scoff at the lynch. The Maestro wagon was easy because of the severity of that slip and the fact he self-hammered, this one felt a little too quick given the content I laid out.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (isolation #56) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:25 pm

Post by Slaxx »

No I get it lol I'm not deluded I know people were suspecting him
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (isolation #57) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:33 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Yeah, they parked their votes on each other for a bit which is something I've done with a buddy before when town was busy cannibalizing itself.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (isolation #58) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:35 pm

Post by Slaxx »

yahhhh still not for sure if thats AI, Id like actual content from Gamma

Although I can't read them anyway

I'd sheep you on Gamma if you thought strongly about it. I have to sheep townreads on Mastina too because I can never fucking read her either.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (isolation #59) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:39 pm

Post by Slaxx »

My preference is probably Brass->Aubrey->Gamma

I don't think I am getting my brass lynch and I'm a bit baffled because I really felt like he backed himself into a corner there.

U2/Shosh Town
Oka Probs Town

This game shouldn't ever get to lylo with the d1 scum lynch.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (isolation #60) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:40 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Oh lol then there NL who like idk i keep going back and forth on
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (isolation #61) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:18 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 526, Shoshin wrote:Slaxx, why is Oka town?
I’m getting the feeling no one is reading the thread

Because I’ve explained that I think twice now

And I’ve explained Brass too

Anyway VOTE: Aubrey

Whatever.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (isolation #62) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:21 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 523, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 333, Gamma Emerald wrote:Whoa hold the fuck up, you gonna lynch before I get the chance to say anything? Pretty awful play if you ask me. Congrats URperson2 and Shoshin: you start with a deficit of towniness!
Now onto actual reading plans. This is my second time replacing into a game with posting restrictions of this kind so I’m gonna attempt to use the same method or a similar one I did last time (for reference, the previous time was Mini 1934).
i dont have the historical accuracy with gamma or the confidence level to be sheeped

for me, when sheeping people on a scum read I'm looking for 1 - (historical read success rate)(read confidence) < (chance slot rolled scum)

but we should lynch aubrey or gamma today

p.edit who do you see NL as scum with? I kind of see him as scum only in a world where he is scum with you
No one in particular. Just can’t really fit into town but don’t really think scum.

Oka Sheep me again? Let’s get this flip out of the way. No one seems to be actually reading the thread besides U2, You, and I. NL and Shosh have asked questions clear as day answered already and Brass loves to take things out of context. Gamma is nowhere to be seen. What a great town.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (isolation #63) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:26 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 530, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 505, OkaPoka wrote:well i was townreading him because he seemed to do an active read and catchup to solve but he gone again and now my townread doesnt exist because this is how scum gamma plays
This is gross, you’re not going to account for geriatric affecting my playstyle, which I’ve already stated is the case?
You have eleven posts in six days.

If you’re busy that’s fine, but don’t play it off like you’re anywhere near the cap.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (isolation #64) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:11 am

Post by Slaxx »

I don’t think Gamma is scum here.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (isolation #65) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:21 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 551, Aubrey wrote:
In post 540, brassherald wrote:
In post 535, Aubrey wrote:L1.

Anyone got any questions before I flip?
Who are your top scumspects?
Slaxx gamma and NL were the three i’d be curious to see flip.

NL jumping off my wagon is odd though from a scum perspective.
Yeah but me trying to push a completely different lynch isn’t lmfao
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (isolation #66) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:54 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 554, Aubrey wrote:Who are you voting again?...
I gave it my best shot man, I'm sorry.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (isolation #67) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:43 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Do you both think Seattle is a town?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (isolation #68) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:18 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 567, Aubrey wrote:......
I’m thinking he’s protecting you and if you’re town you probably think he’s protecting me

Lmfao
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (isolation #69) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:31 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Welp this got stupid.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (isolation #70) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:34 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Gamma is town here

I wasn’t worried about coming off that way Gamma, I wanted an honest answer from him and without that caveat there it seemed like the question could be loaded.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (isolation #71) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:51 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Hot take: Everything is wrong and it’s NL/Shosh
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (isolation #72) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:52 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Read page 13 Gamma.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (isolation #73) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:54 pm

Post by Slaxx »

2 votes on Maestro, I say it’s maestro or Oka, they both get on Oka. Idk if scum are that bold but maybe there is one in there.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (isolation #74) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Post by Slaxx »

VOTE: Shoshin
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (isolation #75) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I really had a big townread on the slot but that has faded over the course of the day.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (isolation #76) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:00 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Plus I have a new strong townread in Gamma.

I have never ever read gamma as this town so I’m running with it.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (isolation #77) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:01 pm

Post by Slaxx »

You only need to townreads to win the game, theoretically. Still think U2 is also town.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (isolation #78) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:06 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Think I’m near my limit but can’t be fucked to check

U2/Gamma are town now, that’s the new block.
Oka still pretty town.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (isolation #79) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:04 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 608, u r a person 2 wrote:been at work all day.

no one wants to case shoshin?
Not really.

She just seemed really set on setting up lynches and her/NLs vote on Oka after I started pushing maestro looked bad, particularly because there was already a couple votes on him.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (isolation #80) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:05 am

Post by Slaxx »

Votes on Maestro, not Oka. Like there was a Maestro wagon, I voted Maestro, said I scumread Oka and Maestro, and both NL and Shosh vote Oka instead.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (isolation #81) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:23 am

Post by Slaxx »

Actually that quote is kind of telling.

If she’s saying that Maestro is pushing a mislynch she definitely should have been voting him when I cased him. Looks like convincing distancing.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (isolation #82) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:23 am

Post by Slaxx »

Not completely for sure if I buy NL scum but if Shosh is scum she’s probably flag bearer anyway so it might not matter.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #614 (isolation #83) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:26 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 282, Shoshin wrote:If Cheeky's town, scum Maestro wants to let the lynch happen without getting flak for pushing it so he's happy to stay null on Cheeky while letting others take the fault.

If Cheeky's scum, scum Maestro wants to get some town credit from her lynch instead of sitting on the sidelines. There's no way scum Cheeky isn't getting bussed at this point because she's inevitably getting lynched in this game.

Also, by saying this, I'm probably screwing with the dynamics a little bit because scum are going to become less likely to bus after reading this. But that's okay at this point since we're only missing reactions from Oka/Slimer.
This also looks bad because like two pages later she votes Oka when I replace in.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (isolation #84) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:39 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 270, Shoshin wrote:UNVOTE:

NL, U2, I'm doubting Maestro as town. Thoughts? I don't understand how town ever makes 258.
This is after that post where you said Maestro was keeping his options open on either wagon. Both Shoshin and my slot were both L-2. He “hurts” Shoshin but doesn’t vote there, then Shoshin maybe thinks it was an obvious distancing attempt and goes for the bus?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (isolation #85) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:40 am

Post by Slaxx »

Yes not that much later in the game she’s on Oka even though there’s a good Maestro wagons

Yeah. I fell for the distancing the first time, I think this is probably correct.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (isolation #86) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:43 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 619, northsidegal wrote:
Prodding Shoshin.
^Also the complete activity drop off after day 1. I’d expect town to be more motivated.

Could be confounding irl stuff but it doesn’t help.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #630 (isolation #87) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:44 am

Post by Slaxx »

Gamma I’ve been pushing reads since I got in
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #632 (isolation #88) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:06 am

Post by Slaxx »

I have the second highest post count and joined six days after everyone else.

I know that’s not a direct measure of engagement but I’m doing fine, thanks. My reads are flipping because I’m engaged, not in spite of it.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (isolation #89) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:45 am

Post by Slaxx »

Someone should hammer Shoshin. As U2 said they are active elsewhere, and this was the slowest developing wagon today. That probably means something.

P edit: really? Brass has been pushing this since mid day 1
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #636 (isolation #90) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:57 am

Post by Slaxx »

Woah wait Shoshin isn't active elsewhere anymore as of Wednesday.

Idk if that even matters, I still think the play today was pretty much what you'd expect from scum who was being townread and lost a partner day 1.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (isolation #91) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:58 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 637, u r a person 2 wrote:and aubrey was obviously in a lot of lynch pools coming out of D1.

What's the difference?
People voted Aubrey right out the gate and it took most of today to get Shoshin clout going

...aka speed of the wagon

This isn't difficult.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (isolation #92) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:01 am

Post by Slaxx »

No one really cased Maestro either. Slightly different circumstances, but meh.

Also I don't think anyone really cased aubrey, although I could be wrong on that.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (isolation #93) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:05 am

Post by Slaxx »

My ISO #79-85 is basically the case.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (isolation #94) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 646, u r a person 2 wrote:i dunno man, the case is not strong. I think a stronger case has been or can be made on aubrey, nl, gamma, and you

i imagine aubrey will probably hammer, which is fine. I'd rather the lynch be elsewhere, tho.
If a stronger case can be made on one of those people I suggest you make it then.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #655 (isolation #95) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:28 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Lol fine

Lynch U2P next

His reasons for not wanting the Shosh lynch made zero sense
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #656 (isolation #96) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:53 pm

Post by Slaxx »

“All those cases are bad”

Doesn’t make one, is around immediately after the flip to vote me.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (isolation #97) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:29 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 657, u r a person 2 wrote:we're playing an online forum game, and there are 2.5 hours between my posts, and 30ish min from hammer to my post. the "he's sitting in the thread waiting" argument is such a bore - always - and here as well.

My reasons made no sense? I'm not one of five people who lynched shoshin with barely a half assed scum case
How long does a case need to be and why do you always need one to lynch? Am I seriously going to have to go through your history and show people each time you voted without a case?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (isolation #98) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:25 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 660, OkaPoka wrote:i need to give this game more time and stuff but then again i can just sheep slaxx

tho slaxx if u want to lynch u2 why aren't you voting him
I’m thinking.

I really didn’t buy the end of day spiel, it really looked like he was trying to distance himself from that wagon, but I’ve done it as town when I think it’s a bad wagon. I just don’t like how the counter argument to a wagon he was so adamantly against was “anyone interested in NL” and now he’s so set on me after that flipped. It’s just a blatant level of hypocrisy (why aren’t you chasing Shosh...anyone interested in NL) and I’m trying to sort it between lack of self awareness or pre flip TMI.

I’ve got a really bad habit of pushing people who suspect me as town so I’m holding off and cooling down before I push ahead.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #665 (isolation #99) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:47 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 662, no lunch wrote:I think brass is still town
Not even 1% surprised by the Shoshin flip
Then why did you hammer?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668 (isolation #100) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:10 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Hell. Fucking. Yes.

Gamma let’s jam. Where did that come from?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (isolation #101) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:22 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 677, no lunch wrote:
In post 665, Slaxx wrote:
Then why did you hammer?
Two reasons. Guess.
You’re Mafia and needed a town flip.

There I guessed, give me something better.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (isolation #102) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:14 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 691, no lunch wrote:
In post 690, Slaxx wrote:
In post 677, no lunch wrote:
In post 665, Slaxx wrote:
Then why did you hammer?
Two reasons. Guess.
You’re Mafia and needed a town flip.

There I guessed, give me something better.
Why are you not interested in seeing things from my perspective?
You must have missed the part where I asked you why you hammered.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (isolation #103) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:13 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 693, no lunch wrote:I think if you're trying to stand in my shoes (and reading what I'm posting) you'll probably be able to work out both reasons.
I think you should tell me. From my perspective, it looks like you don't have any and you're wanting me to answer the question for you.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (isolation #104) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:33 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 703, no lunch wrote:Gamma Emerald and brassherald are town. Outside of this you should all be able to lynch sensibly enough to win this.
With a Shoshin townflip I think I feel better about Brass.

I agree that Gamma and Brass are town. I feel way less confident about U2 today, that really felt like wagon distancing.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (isolation #105) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:37 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 706, no lunch wrote:Actually I felt like he was scum entering my wagon for a very different reason. He very clearly didn't like sitting on you for too long. I'm unsure whether that's because he realised you weren't going down easy or was distancing but I am likely leaning somewhat towards the prior.
You think Aubrey/U2? Ballsy for both of them to be on this wagon, no?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (isolation #106) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:39 pm

Post by Slaxx »

VOTE: Aubrey

Let's do competing wagons.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (isolation #107) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:41 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 710, no lunch wrote:Note I also said a hammer on me was a scumclaim. That's unlikely to come from me who thinks the team is literally on my wagon. Slaxx you are far overfocused on rhetoric and ridicule. Cut them crap.
It wasn't ridicule, chill.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #713 (isolation #108) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:44 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Those reasons were not at all clear and you might be a hypocrite.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (isolation #109) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:49 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 714, no lunch wrote:
In post 713, Slaxx wrote:Those reasons were not at all clear and you might be a hypocrite.
no you.

Were you one of the people suggesting Maestro spewed Oka town? I need some logical crunching of that suggestion because I have 1-2 reads to fix so you lot don't just lose if you mislynch me.
I think Oka spewed Oka town after Maestro's lynch, though with Gamma-town and Brass maybe town (I trust Shosh on that one) Oka is coming back in to the fold.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (isolation #110) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:11 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Brass and I literally had a one on one about this and I was screaming at him there for having to explain it, I am not fucking doing it again.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (isolation #111) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:18 am

Post by Slaxx »

Yeah alright. I’ve played dozens of games and this is the first group I’ve had trouble articulating my reads to but we will continue to assume it’s my communication skills.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (isolation #112) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:07 pm

Post by Slaxx »

How’d U2 come out on bottom?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (isolation #113) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:09 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Oka let’s say we lynch NL today.

For both Scum/Town flip, who do you look at next?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #757 (isolation #114) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:37 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 754, no lunch wrote:VOTE: Aubrey

Keep the momentum up, URAP2. you are wrong and laziness is not becoming from you. You're too strong a player to become complacent.
I actually think it’s U2/Oka

That looked a lot like someone who was about to lose the game and Oka took the strongest stance he has taken on a wagon in a while. U2 said Oka was pushing him D1 but it was pre flag bearer and U2 wasn’t in any danger.

VOTE: U2
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (isolation #115) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:38 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I probably look like Aubrey’s scum buddy at this point but honestly if it’s Aubrey I get lynched somewhere along the line anyway so just do it before lylo.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #761 (isolation #116) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:51 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Oh that’s some AtE.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (isolation #117) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:01 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I want an Oka flip because it is a good solve but I don't want to lose my second vote.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (isolation #118) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:09 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Okay, funny joke

What if I just wanted to forget the last week and we just lynch Aubrey again
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (isolation #119) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:03 am

Post by Slaxx »

Leroy Jenkins

VOTE: No Lunch
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (isolation #120) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:05 am

Post by Slaxx »

If anyone’s curious,

Refusal to address U2’s questioning while pushing other viable lynches.

Bold strategy let’s see if it works.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #791 (isolation #121) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:10 am

Post by Slaxx »

Gamma is a terrible lynch, I think.

I always have the hardest time reading her but usually it’s a scumread on town. I never townread Gamma and I am so I’m running with it.

Why Gamma?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #801 (isolation #122) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:16 am

Post by Slaxx »

*refreshes intently*
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #803 (isolation #123) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:17 am

Post by Slaxx »

What does that acronym mean?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #804 (isolation #124) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:18 am

Post by Slaxx »

Oh it’s in the wiki.

Yeah I guess. More me just being starved for entertainment at work.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #807 (isolation #125) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:23 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 806, no lunch wrote:Oh wow I misunderstood the mafia win condition and thought we had a finite number of mislynches. I don't feel so bad about my reads anymore.
What?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #811 (isolation #126) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:39 am

Post by Slaxx »

Welp.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (isolation #127) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:43 am

Post by Slaxx »

Actually no.

This is our last lynch before lylo if we are wrong.

UNVOTE:

I’ll do a reread this weekend.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #827 (isolation #128) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:51 am

Post by Slaxx »

I used all my posts and got a warning from the mod lol.

I’m taking a breather and approaching this game during the weekend.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #851 (isolation #129) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:29 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I’d rather be the vote today than in lylo, but let me reread the thread and get my final thoughts out.

I took the slot further than I thought because that mis-meta by cheeky was terrible and I’m not for sure why that happened. But that’s all lamist to y’all until my flip.

So, just give me two days to analyze the thread, if you don’t like what I have to say, that’s fine. Just don’t hammer before I can get that out.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #885 (isolation #130) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:31 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I’m still here.

Apparently our biostatistician is upset that people’s pain varies over time and is afraid we fudged data so I’ve been knee deep in records all day. 5% of people report pre-intervention significant pain change and somehow that’s too high... fucking a. If you guys want to vote me that’s fine, I’m not going to ask for this slot to be replaced. If you’re willing to wait another day then we can.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (isolation #131) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:52 am

Post by Slaxx »

Final solve coming tonight, thanks for your patience.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #905 (isolation #132) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:26 am

Post by Slaxx »

Nah just go ahead and lynch me, I keep getting inundated with work and that’s more important unfortunately.

I think the solve is Oka tomorrow, which should flip scum, then Aubrey, then U2 if need be. Gamma is town, brass is probably town.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #909 (isolation #133) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:18 am

Post by Slaxx »

Yeah I’m sorry. This was bad timing, but the spots already been under pressure once and I’m not doing that to someone else.

I’ve done twelve OT hours since Sunday and am doing three more today. I have time for brief posts but not a whole game read-through.

Oka-Aubrey-U2. Brass/Gamma I think are town. You’ll have to decide who to lynch tomorrow since order matters.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #910 (isolation #134) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:21 am

Post by Slaxx »

If I had a sure bet on which of those I listed was town I’d fight and try to get them lynched, but I don’t, and so I think it’s fine if I go today.

I can blame some if it on Cheeky and my bruised ego will heal faster.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #918 (isolation #135) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:14 am

Post by Slaxx »

I literally never read her as town even when she is, mainly. And I think the initial catchup was Townie. I don’t think scum Gamma yells about a wagon on her buddy when it is imminent, I think she ignores it or busses. I also have seen a higher signal to noise ratio with Gamma in past games where here although the content is thinner it doesn’t look like busy work or feigned effort. Town gamma has spent literal entire games defending herself as town and here there is effort to sort, or at least there was

I can’t talk about ongoing games, but I know in recently finished ones there has been a site-wide disinterest from Gamma so I don’t think the recent dip is AI.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #920 (isolation #136) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:50 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 919, Gamma Emerald wrote:I want to say Slaxx is town still for bringing town towards the Maestro lynch but that could have been a bus play for large towncred, idk.
It wasn't, but the right move here is to just hammer me. Literally everyone but you thinks otherwise, so I'd rather be gone today and my reads actually count for something.

I mean say what you want about the MLs I have led, but as my middle finger to people on the way out...

I'm the only one who led on scum so far.

I think its Oka Goon/U2 Flagbearer. Aubrey could be a WC so that will be your all's decision to make tomorrow.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #921 (isolation #137) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:54 pm

Post by Slaxx »

When U2 got to L-1 Oka took a stronger stance against his wagon than anything else that has happened all game, and U2's L-1 posting looked like a last hoorah.

U2's run away from the Shoshin wagon still looks contrived to me.

But, I think Oka is correct no matter what, so Aubrey->U2 is fine, or U2-> Aubrey.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #923 (isolation #138) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:56 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Gotta get me first bro.

1) Not gonna be the Lylo ML and
2) Would rather my reads be used tomorrow after my flip
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #926 (isolation #139) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:24 pm

Post by Slaxx »

The longer y’all wait to hammer the more disappointed the people who think I’m FB are gonna be

Tho they deserve it a bit
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #927 (isolation #140) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:25 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Also stupid and easily fakable but brass was calling it a flagpole and he probably would have been the bearer so it was a dumb tell but I felt it was valid
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #928 (isolation #141) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:25 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I was too so the tell doesn’t matter yet
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #929 (isolation #142) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:25 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Are you guys going to make me prod dodge?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (isolation #143) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:37 pm

Post by Slaxx »

White Castle
Waxed Chin
Watermelon Canteloupe

Most importantly
Wildcard
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #935 (isolation #144) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:45 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 934, Aubrey wrote:Hope everything at work stabilized for ya btw. Please tell me you send them back a reading of 4.9%
I actually really appreciate that, thank you.

It mostly did. The MD in charge of my study apologized to me for getting overworked about it (though he never got mad at me) and actually said I was right. He thought we were enrolling people that weren’t eligible which is a huge no-no, and I was arguing we weren’t because they dipped below eligibility after screening and before baseline, not before screening. It was a whole thing, but the only holdout is the biostat who doesn’t pay me so I don’t care as much, also, I talked it over with a compliance officer and it is indeed not a deviation from protocol.

Long winded sorry

It’s been a theme this week that just got settled so I still want to bask in the relief
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #942 (isolation #145) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:35 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 938, u r a person 2 wrote:I'm still good on this lynch. I'm in san diego at a conference so I'm not around but

this "i don't want to be the lylo lynch so lynch me now" is not pro-town. I'm not saying it's scum indicative, but it's bad play. Town!slaxx should be pushing a scum lynch right now so we never reach lylo.

Also we're not sitting here at L-1 forever because scum!(brass and/or gamma) doesn't want to vote town
Lol

It’s really not given the situation

But thanks for trying to subtly undercut my reads on my way out when I’m suspecting you.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #943 (isolation #146) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:36 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 939, u r a person 2 wrote:further, slaxx's posts, plus vc w/ aubrey holding strong suggests that if slaxx is scum, his teammate is gamma.
I’m town and it’s you/Oka
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (isolation #147) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:39 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 946, OkaPoka wrote:Slaxx can u think of a scum team that doesn't include me other wise I'm just going to ignore you if ur town

Yes, you would probably ignore my suggestion that you are scum if you are town. You’ve outwitted me yet again.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #948 (isolation #148) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:40 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 945, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 942, Slaxx wrote:Lol

It’s really not given the situation

But thanks for trying to subtly undercut my reads on my way out when I’m suspecting you.
I'm being subtle how? As which alignment would you expect me to agree with your fos on me?

this play is nonsense
It’s not about the disagreement, it’s about the way you did it

You’re trying to throw shade on my value now that I’m FoSing you on my way out:
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #950 (isolation #149) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:42 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 949, OkaPoka wrote:Ok so ur flipping scum then?
Sure, flagbearer even.

If it’s not you it’s probably Aubrey and a townread or mine.

But it’s U+U2 and U3 remaining town need to see it
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1067 (isolation #150) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:09 pm

Post by Slaxx »

good job guys!

let this be a lesson in paranoia

I loved playing with U2 and think he's awesome but holy shit we stoked the worst of each other's paranoia

I want to be upset with myself but I have to just laugh

Fun list
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1069 (isolation #151) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:20 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Lol I read it

I'm at least glad you shared in the despair on day 2.

I will say that if yall had followed my lynch order you could have won

I'll also say that I kept hitting town so I don't exactly blame you for not following it.

But Gamma and Brass were town here every time, it was just a matter of hitting it correctly in lylo to get the extra ML to finish off the non-town.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1071 (isolation #152) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:28 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Idk why I knew Gamma was town but I just knew. I never townread Gamma.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1073 (isolation #153) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:46 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 1072, u r a person 2 wrote:I saw that, and I actually committed myself to following that read from you

but I couldn't square the circle to find aubrey+oka and since I was confident in town!brass, well...
I don’t blame you. Their gambit paid off!

Ηit me up if you ever want to hydra! I feel like we could burn through a scumteam.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”