2018 NFL Football

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

I still think you should have waited to make the new thread since no one really posts about football in the early summer. The fact I can still see the old one in the listings kinda bothers me.
Waiting until early summer would have the old thread sink off page and the new thread appear at a much more relevant time even if the drafts and years don't fully sync up

Jets trading with colts means Jets want a QB in the draft despite having bridgewater and mccown. I am okay with this as it kinda forces the browns to get their qb at 1 as waiting until 4 would now hold more risk of them not getting the qb they want.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

Activity levels between june and start of preseason is abysmal. Thats when new thread should go up during the lull

I would wager at least 10 of those pages you speak of were before june
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

viewtopic.php?p=9179086#p9179086
Looks like i am right. Nice gap between may 4 and june 25 there. And thats on page 11 so more than 10 pages were before june. June + July 2017 does not even equal 25 posts. New thread should go up
after
this lull before preseason
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #15 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:44 am

Post by PokerFace »

Catch rule simplified. Megatron, Dez, and James plays would be considered catches if they happened in 2018
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... catch-rule
http://www.nfl.com/videos/football-101/ ... e-new-rule
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #19 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

I hope browns get good QB, DEF, and RB in the draft. They may be able to do all of this first round with good trades for picks.

Rams looking like they will make superbowl with work they did during free agency. My current guesses for next years playoffs include:
Patriots, Steelers, Jags, (3 of Texans, Titans, Chiefs, Raiders, Browns)
Rams, Vikings, Eagles, Packers, Cowboys, ?NFC South?
NFC south has had a new division winner almost every year, so I'm not gonna try.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #27 (isolation #5) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:38 am

Post by PokerFace »

I think the browns will take Darnold or Allen at number 1. I prefer they take Darnold since Allen has some accuracy concerns

Browns should try to take Barkley or Chubb at 4 or trade 4 so they can get Guice and a good defensive player later
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #33 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

Bella wrote:My personal theory, based on absolutely nothing, is they take Barkley at #1, trade #4 to someone like the Bills at 12 and pick up Jackson. Jackson's a mobile QB in the mold of Tyrod Taylor, so they'd be able to build an offence around Jackson's skill set without putting him in until they're convinced he's ready. It makes more sense than having the alternative be an
immobile QB like the Texans inexplicably went with.
Plus, at 12, there'd be less pressure for the QB to start right away a d they can just ride with Taylor until they think he's ready.
Watson doesn't strike me as being immobile

Rest of what you said sounds fine. I wouldn't mind if the browns went with that. Allen does strike me as the most likely bust among the qbs. I don't think he will bust big time but of all the high draft QBs he has the highest odds of busting. This is why I'd rather Browns took Darnold than risk Allen or everyone else making the picks that allow them Jackson.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #64 (isolation #7) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

Last year I was okay to proud of Browns draft. They still lost it all

This year I am not a fan of Mayfield and Ward round 1. I think we should have got Chubb with the 4th pick. Maybe if I disappointed in the draft, its a good thing?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #105 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:16 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Switch hawks and cards and this^ feels about right
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue May 01, 2018 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #122 (isolation #9) » Wed May 02, 2018 1:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yay I did that editing after what panzer said

I read kmds post wrong at first and realized my error after what panzer said

When did carson go down last year?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #129 (isolation #10) » Wed May 02, 2018 6:24 am

Post by PokerFace »

Huh, I thought palmer went out much later in the season. Arizonas schedule will be tougher this year. And they have a coaching change. At some point Bradford injuries will come unless Rosen wins the job before that happens. So I'll revise to

12-4 Rams
9-7 SF
7-9 ARI
5-11 SEA
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #145 (isolation #11) » Thu May 03, 2018 1:44 am

Post by PokerFace »

The real question is:
Which will happen first, Bradford gets injured or Rosen wins the job by skill?

Bradford could go down at any time. Preseason or regular season. I kinda think that will happen first
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #155 (isolation #12) » Sat May 05, 2018 11:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

It will take a lot for the cardinals to want to not play Bradford given what they spent. Rosen will need to blow him out of the water early or Bradford will need to suck or get hurt. As Bradford has been pretty good when not injured I don't think Rosen will get the job on skill alone. But since Bradford is made of glass and could get hurt in preseason, I feel its pretty safe to say, Rosen will start when Bradford gets hurt.

If for some reason, Cardinals start Glenon over Rosen mid way through a losing season, then its safe to say Rosen is a bust. And I am not saying this to shame Glenon. I think he is descent, but if you are choosing descent over your future franchise qb, you done messed up. And I currently have no reason to believe the Cardinals messed up in that way
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #255 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:07 pm

Post by PokerFace »

check first post for links to^
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #256 (isolation #14) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 14, PokerFace wrote:viewtopic.php?p=9179086#p9179086
Looks like i am right. Nice gap between may 4 and june 25 there. And thats on page 11 so more than 10 pages were before june. June and July 2017 do not even equal 25 posts. New thread should go up
after
this lull before preseason
Next time some one recreates the thread for next year they should keep this in mind since another lull is bound to happen and recreating this thread at about the same time the fantasy thread go up, seems like a good idea.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #258 (isolation #15) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

Okay I will drop it

Also I get why steelers are not paying bell given the history of RBs that get as many carrys as him (consider the career of murray), but if steelers don't pay Bell and have a lackluster run game, they may miss the playoffs. An unmotivated Bell may not run well on purpose and Ben/Antonio can't do it all. The run game is too important to that team. They really should consider going to a running back by committee and getting the players to do that before the team succumbs to age and injury. Try to do what the saints are doing since Ben has only a few years left. The window for the team is closing.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #400 (isolation #16) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

I enjoyed hard knocks this year but I think Houston's year may have been better because of Wilfork and Watt. The Browns O-line Coach and Karl Nassib finacial advice were highlights in my opinion. Glad financial advice from Kendricks was not given out...

Browns should be better this year, no where to go but up.

Last nights game had many penalties and a very similar outcome to last years playoff game between those teams
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #406 (isolation #17) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

After last year I will take a tie against a team people thought would normally beat us
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #420 (isolation #18) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 416, shaft.ed wrote:I really felt Pitt was just trolling in that game
Giving up a tie was worth all of that troll
especially now that Cleveland has talked themselves into tie=win
its even trollier

Also it looks like odds of Rosen and Mayfield starting sometime this year have gone up quite a bit now
tie = better than last year. tie != win

I knew Buffalo was making a big mistake starting Nate. Did not realize how big. Darnold will technically be first to start. Allen will be second. Rosen will be next since Glass Bradford won't last as long as Tyrod
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #459 (isolation #19) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

Fitzpatrick needs a pirate hat in that photo.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #510 (isolation #20) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:23 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Yay there are two sides to mediocre. The good side and the bad side. There are two QBs that come to mind in terms of descent QB vs replaceable QB. I am referring to Alex Smith and Andy Dalton. Though both have gotten better in recent years, I think I'd still rather be compared to Alex Smith than Andy Dalton.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #511 (isolation #21) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:39 pm

Post by PokerFace »

If there is a line between descent QB vs replaceable QB, I would put Smith at descent though he would likely be a bit above that now. I would put OLD Dalton at replaceable. And I would put Case Keenum directly at the border between them.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #515 (isolation #22) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

Panzerjager wrote:The worst acceptable starter has been dubbed "The Dalton Line" for a while now I think. Where like, if they're worse than Dalton they are not a long-term option, if they are better than him than they are.

And if you take this year's dvoa ranking and last year's ranking and average them out..he's basically still the line.
Yes I was referring to that, though as I am biased against bengals, I like to think he is below the line and Case Keenum is the line at the moment. After all I am sure Denver will replace Case once Denver finds a a good young alternative. Until then, I don't see Case being a problem for them since he seems able to keep the ship floating there
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #520 (isolation #23) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:04 am

Post by PokerFace »

BROseidon wrote:If your goal is "win a super bowl" keenum is good enough and also cheap enough that you can win with other pieces
Winning the superbowl and keeping the ship floating are two different things. Case kept the ship floating in Minnesota last year. He had good weapons (other pieces), but he did not win the superbowl or even get there. He did make a conference championship game. Smith also made an NFC championship. His SF came closer to beating NYG than MIN did to PHI. You know who has never gotten to a conference championship or even won a playoff game? Andy Dalton
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #529 (isolation #24) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:42 pm

Post by PokerFace »

:D :!: :D :!:
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #558 (isolation #25) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

As NYJ and BUF are bound to still have hiccups with young QBs and a running back that could go to jail, I think MIA is really the only team NE has to worry about in terms of who gets that division
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #559 (isolation #26) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 555, BROseidon wrote:I still stand by Rams/Jags SB
I agree with rams but AFC could be anyone's game

MIN steelered hard this week
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #577 (isolation #27) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:46 am

Post by PokerFace »

It happens a lot sadly^
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #581 (isolation #28) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

I usually don't give advice to Steelers, but I really think Pit needs to adopt an offensive strategy similar to the saints offense. Kamara and Ingram were quite the duo last year. They give Brees time to think and a rushing threat. Brees is well equipped to play at his age. Steelers should have done the same and gotten a partner for Bell. There are more teams that do RB by committee than having one man do it all. Bell has been injuried a lot and had quite the ego. Getting him a partner, would have kept him healthier and given him less ground to stand on. As it stands, Pitt is either gonna need to pay or trade him since their locker room is getting pretty toxic over the dilemma.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #597 (isolation #29) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:04 am

Post by PokerFace »

I can see CIN making the playoffs, but I can't see them getting far in it

KC vs Rams is looking like a probable super bowl pick
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #601 (isolation #30) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am picking the rams winning the superbowl

I can see NE, KC, JAC being their opponent in superbowl.

TEN, CIN should also make playoffs but won't last as long

CIN vs KC going to prime time increases Andy's chance of screwing things up in that game
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #605 (isolation #31) » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:20 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Jags looked bad today, but somebody's got to win the AFC south
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #618 (isolation #32) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yay I think Bills might be wishing they still had Tyrod Taylor

A healthy Jags team has proven to beat the patriots so I feel they still most likely to get out of the AFC South dumpster fire. Given recent developments I have lost faith that they will make the super bowl. I think we are gonna see NE vs Rams this year.

The Madden Simulations for the TNF games are kinda absurd. Watch the following especially the turnovers in http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bronco ... -7-Preview
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #619 (isolation #33) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:06 am

Post by PokerFace »

Denver destroying Arizona furthers my belief the Madden simulations are awful

Browns must have a lot of faith in Chubb, still a 5th rounder for Hyde feels off. Should have tried for more
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #621 (isolation #34) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

Jacksonville being the buyer is surprising given fournette and yeldon being in the mix. They should have found a cheaper trade that better fits. Hyde is probably worth a 5th round pick to the jags, but I personally think Hyde is worth more in general. Browns should have held out for more value and or a different buyer
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #638 (isolation #35) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:03 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I thought Cowboys would trade for Cooper, but didn't think they would be willing to give up a first rounder

Guess they are in panic mode over their record and desire to move on from Dez

I got a feeling Browns may sign Dez before season is over
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #640 (isolation #36) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

Where you guys think Dez will go if anywhere?

Where you think Bell will go, or you think he stay in Pitt?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #654 (isolation #37) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

Had An odd thought in my head the other day. What if Dez went to washington? He would get to play against dallas and give redskins a big time receiving threat that they don't have. Plus with skins leading the division, that may further Dez's interest

Cooper to the Cowboys should help them get a good deep threat right now, but I really don't see that being enough for them to win that division and or go deep into the playoffs. They got a player that will help them, but paid way more than what they should have paid
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #657 (isolation #38) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:46 am

Post by PokerFace »

Consider all of the teams currently leading their divisions. Of those teams Washington absolutely has the weakest group of receivers. So if Dez wants to go to a team that needs him and is a good team, that is the one. Playing against Dallas multiple times in future is a bonus
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #659 (isolation #39) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

Fitzmagic is starting for bucs this week
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #660 (isolation #40) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

Houston has made a trade to get another WR http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ius-thomas

Jags decline and Hou's general improvement at running the ball recently has made me think Hou can take that division, get out of the AFC south dumpster fire

Feeling NE, KC, LAC, PIT, CIN, HOU being the AFC playoff teams now
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #678 (isolation #41) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

1/2 through season prediction

NE - 2
MIA
NYJ
BUF

PIT - 3
CIN - 6
BAL
CLE

HOU - 4
TEN
JAX
IND

KC - 1
LAC - 5
DEN
OAK
______

WAS - 4
PHI
DAL
NYG

MIN - 3
CHI - 6
GB
DET

NO - 2
CAR - 5
ATL
TB

LAR - 1
SEA
ARI
SF
___

CIN < PIT
CAR < WAS
LAC < HOU
CHI < MIN

PIT < NE
HOU < KC
WAS < LAR
MIN < NO

NE > KC
NO < LAR

NE < LAR
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #697 (isolation #42) » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:48 am

Post by PokerFace »

Panzerjager wrote:Speaking of people getting hit ALL THE FUCKING TIME; Josh Rosen man. Per PFF, Rosen is releasing the ball the second fastest in the league and is getting sacked in the top 5. Man..I wish the line wasn't so shitty cause Rosen is so fucking good.
Arizona had 31st Oline last year. They went and got Glassman (Sam Bradford) this year. I am surprised he got benched before getting injured.

Their running game has suffered this year and last. Adrian Peterson is with Washington now and having a really good season behind their oline

Cardinals better draft or get some better olinemen next year.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #716 (isolation #43) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:17 am

Post by PokerFace »

I think Chiefs will get a bye, so it may be their first playoff game, but not technically first round
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #720 (isolation #44) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:12 am

Post by PokerFace »

Its still possible for chiefs to not get the bye. They have games against rams and chargers that they could lose and have chargers steal that division and a bye. If chiefs get a bye they can't go out first round, but if they don't, Andy could send them home because of some upset
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #722 (isolation #45) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:35 am

Post by PokerFace »

Dez has been signed http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... eyear-deal

He gets to play cowboys later in the year and be with a good team in the saints
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #751 (isolation #46) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Can I ask how many teams Colin or his agent approached about a QB job and which teams, so I can be sure they went with a worse guy? If the alternative was of similar skill to Colin's most recent season, or remained of similar skill then its a maybe. If the alternative was trash and stayed trash in their position, then Colin has a case

Redskins have signed Mark Sanchez since Alex Smith is headed to IR. I thought Redskins were playoff bound, but now that division is up for grabs
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #761 (isolation #47) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

If Kaep wants starter money, I'd only hire him if I thought I might start him at some point during the year.

I'd take Wilson > Kaep so unless there was an injury, I would not start him

The owner plantation comments did hurt him in Baltimore, but given Flacco > Kaep in that superbowl, I feel Kaep could only start if Flacco went down. Jackson being in Baltimore to take over for Flacco now, is another reason they don't need Kaep

Denver is really only one of those teams that could have used him in recent years. If the SF trade fell flat and Kaep wanted money there, then I wouldn't hire him there either. Case has been real good in recent years while Kaep has not, so I think I'd take Case.

The most obvious team that strikes me as needing someone of his caliber would be Buffalo. I suppose you could argue Arizona, Jags or TB could use him given how their seasons have gone. Miami and Washington could use him now too only because of injuries. Jets an Arizona have had rough years, but giving their young qbs a chance to play in a year they can't win is better than spending money on Kaep

If Kaep is seeking a backup job with backup pay, then I can see his chances of being hired increasing. His case is stronger in that scenario indeed
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #782 (isolation #48) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

Kaep may be getting avoided by some teams, but he really shouldn't be seeking starter money

Kaep's previous skill set make sense as a backup for Wilson or L. Jackson or Cam Newton. He could work in systems similar to theirs. Or there would need to be a team willing to drop their current starter and system just for him. Don't think anyone would do that at this point of the season other than Buffalo since they kinda had people come right off the street recently. But with Allen healthy, they don't need to do that. Buffalo's not making playoffs so getting the young player up to speed and seeing if he can be their future is the right call.

Case didn't think he was starter quality and no one else really did, until Minnesota got injuries and had to turn to him. Perhaps if Kaep accepted a backup job and or tried to learn other systems, he could do well enough to earn another starting job.

Edit: Not sure how I am racist given my earlier posts. He should have gotten calls during the off season from some teams. He should have getting calls from teams I have mentioned with issues, but he would need to be willing to learn the systems of those teams or have those teams willing to work with him. Since more than 1/2 the season is over I don't think many teams will want to change everything just like that right now. No one player can solve all a teams problems. Rodgers can't solve everything himself and I think GB is starting to realize that.
Last edited by PokerFace on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:12 am, edited 5 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #803 (isolation #49) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 799, PJ. wrote:Well...Kessler had a better DYAR and DVOA then Kaep did that year.

He also got the Browns Myles Garrett :P
I am glad we got Myles, but I honestly don't feel Kessler was reason we were so bad. I feel he didn't get used correctly to some degree. I think he will be better with the Jags though I am not sure Jags will be better

Bortles has played bad, but their run game has not been great this year so he has been called upon more and that has led to him not saving the day and him ruining it sometimes. I would say Bortles recent seasons with jags resembles Matt Shaub's final seasons with texans when they had a run game and then didn't earlier this decade
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #827 (isolation #50) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:44 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Yes Gore should be in HOF when eligible. He has achieved a lot and had a really long career for a RB. I don't think he will be first ballot, it will take a few years, he lacks flashy achievements like super bowl rings and that will deter some voters sadly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #832 (isolation #51) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:20 am

Post by PokerFace »

+1^

I would like him to be first ballot, but I think that last sentence will keep him from it.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #838 (isolation #52) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:47 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Bella wrote:Can we at least agree that the NFL's process for selecting HoFers is bullshit that creates an artificial logjam and ensures deserving guys don't get in?
Yes
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #839 (isolation #53) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:43 pm

Post by PokerFace »

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

The playoff machine is up for this year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine ... 01030765~1

There are 2 joke ties in there for some games that don't really matter in the grand scheme
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #842 (isolation #54) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

I went to bed early last night. Can you link me a clip of that^
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #846 (isolation #55) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:43 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Thank you shafted, that made my day.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #848 (isolation #56) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:48 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Before today I had not heard of this Johnson. Washington should have called Kaep in for workouts. Any team that has had big injuries at that position, and is in need of the depth should have reached out to Kaep

There are some teams with less than steller QBs, starters that are falling or have fallen flat, that should be looking forward to the draft for their future franchise option. If there isn't something they like coming out of college next year, calling Kaep should be considered by those kind of teams
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #853 (isolation #57) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 848, PokerFace wrote:Before today I had not heard of this Johnson. Washington should have called Kaep in for workouts. Any team that has had big injuries at that position, and is in need of the depth should have reached out to Kaep
Did some googling. I had forgotten about Josh Johnson. He played alright under Jay Gruden when he was in Cin, but he has not thrown a pass or been in a game since 2013. So rest of what I said remains true they should called Kaep and at least had some workouts.

Washington making some weird choices especially with signing Foster and then saying they might not even play him.

That team was in playoff contention before smith went down, and instead of scrambling to hold onto it, they are fumbling it
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #855 (isolation #58) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:15 pm

Post by PokerFace »

This week had a lot of upsets. Wow
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #866 (isolation #59) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

I think Wraith had kittle in our league but because of 10 teams and weird bye setup, he did not benefit from it

I got trounced in a non-mafiascum fantasy league by both Kittle and Cooper, so I made playoffs in both my leagues and I am out of both of them for same reasons :(
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #870 (isolation #60) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

The recent ownership changes and losing streak in Carolina, could lead to coaching and personal changes next year for the panthers
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #872 (isolation #61) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:14 am

Post by PokerFace »

I don't think Panthers will make the playoffs, but until they are out of contention, I don't think they will shut him down. I'm not quite sure what led to his recent issues, but Cam does need to straighten out some of his recent play, take a break, or solve what ever injury he has.

As things stand, teams that will/should/might be looking for new coaches include GB, CLE, NYJ, WAS, CAR?, BUF?, TB?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #874 (isolation #62) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #879 (isolation #63) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

Oakland really should not have hired Gruden. I felt it was an unnecessary move given how they did the season before, and considering how things went, it was a bad move to get Gruden
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #888 (isolation #64) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:44 am

Post by PokerFace »

Considering how the catch rule was written and how long it stayed written that way, I agree with panzer^
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #891 (isolation #65) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

IND > HOU
SEA > DAL - Hardest Game to pick. Won't be surprised if wrong
LAC < BAL
PHI < CHI

I think hard knocks should be PIT or Oak next year given the stories behind pit missing the Playoffs and Gruden's Raiders
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #898 (isolation #66) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

Bella wrote:The Steelers can't be compelled to take part, so it won't be them. Assuming no coaches get fired or retire or get traded, it'll be the 49ers, Raiders, Giants, Lions or Washington. My Tier list is 49ers (probably the most interesting story to tell of a team trying to get better) > Raiders (Because they're a shit show who doesn't even know where they're playing next season) > Giants (very possibly the first QB drafted in this class) > Washington (a lesser shit show than the Raiders with a QB overcoming a major injury) > Lions (Big fat "meh")
I would be fine watching 49ers and Washington. Others sound kinda boring
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #899 (isolation #67) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

Foles has been good and bad in previous years. His good years have been in Philly so I can understand he wants to stay there. Wentz likely has a longer career ahead of him. I think it really comes down to which one can you make the better deal off of.

MIA, JAX, DEN, NYG, WAS, CIN?, TB?, TEN? (Marriota has skill but he gets hurt a bit too much) are in the market for new QBs next year. I wouldn't be willing to give Wentz or Foles within the division. Other teams I'd be fine with making the deal if the price is right.

I hope Alex Smith recovers well from his injury, you hate to see that kinda thing happen. I think WAS should consider Fitzmagic as their temp replacement for Alex. I don't think Fitz has played there yet, but I could be wrong
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #913 (isolation #68) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

Damn got 1 out of 4. I think KC/NE/NO/DAL winning this week

Cody Parkey used to be a browns kicker. We got rid of him for another guy we got rid of and replaced with Joseph. Sucks for the Bears. They should have looked to replace him earlier in the season given the kicks he missed throughout it. Some people think one of the Eagles tipped that kick at the end and changed its direction. I watched some replays and I don't see it changing direction or hitting the guys hand so I don't think I convinced about that
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/eagl ... on-hester/
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #916 (isolation #69) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:35 am

Post by PokerFace »

I don't place all the blame on parkey. I was referencing the Browns kicking woahs to some degree. Bears offense should have done better scoring other points. I don't think Mitch is the answer at QB for them. They should look to address that next year or the year after pending if they want to give him another shot. He's not the worse QB in the nfl, but I don't think he is good enough
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #920 (isolation #70) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

Looks like nfl finally posted a good video of an eagle tipping the kick
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -missed-fg
He does tip, but I can't tell if that cause it to change direction. Still this stuff should make Parkey happy
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #926 (isolation #71) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yay I am feeling NO over NE or LAC

I think Mitch has done enough for Chicago to give him another year, but I personally don't think he is that good. Bears got a history of rolling with bad qbs longer than they should, and I don't see that stopping yet. Nagy will give him another try, after all Bears won't be drafting early next year
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #928 (isolation #72) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:50 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Given how this year went, he will get a 3rd year as bears won't draft early and or want a qb. Nagy should be able to do more with mitch next year

If they have a down year where the defense is not enough to carry them, kinda like what happened in Jacksonville, 3-4 years may be all he gets.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #931 (isolation #73) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

I like the hires Broncos and Bucs are making. I like what Kitchens did this year as Offensive Co-ordinator for Browns, but he has never been a Coach. If they wanted to hire from within and reward the team on what they did without Hue, they should have hired Greg since he was the coach and has more experience. I'm optimistic Kitchens could do well, but if we don't get a really good Defensive Co-ordinator, I think we are in trouble.

Edit: Not liking the Cards or Jets hires. Jets need to stop focusing on beating the pats. They need a coach that will help them beat everyone as getting wins over only the patriots does not get them into playoffs
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #952 (isolation #74) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:29 am

Post by PokerFace »

I initially thought edelman touched the punt. After watching the video I was not sure. The karma of the next play being an interception off edelman's hands was good

There were 2 passes that looked to be incomplete to me with how the ball moved in hogans hands. Looked like the ball touched the ground or bounced off it as he went to the ground with it. If it appears to bounce or be moved by the ground, then I don't believe the player has control, so its incomplete in my opinion. Ford should feel bad for his offsides. The roughing the passer calls where a players arm touched the qb in the chest as he threw looked bad, but not as bad as the PI in Saints vs Rams. Zebras did not do well today. I wanted Drew vs Tom, but at least my final pick here could be true
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #956 (isolation #75) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 952, PokerFace wrote:I initially thought edelman touched the punt. After watching the video I was not sure. The karma of the next play being an interception off edelman's hands was good
I don't feel the video gave conclusive proof one way or the other. When any video does that, I lean to keeping what was called. Since next play literally had something go off edelman's hands and into a chiefs, it felt like the world righting that.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #964 (isolation #76) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:11 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Panzerjager wrote:Probably should of just skipped the game
Yay, this is the most boring superbowl I can remember. I would have preferred a blow out over this like the SEA vs DEN Superbowl a while back was better.

Best game this season to watch was the KC vs LAR game
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #967 (isolation #77) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

Great Question^

I think Gurley's health must have continued to be an issue, though that doesn't explain why only 7 carries for CJ

The bad call was bad in the saints vs rams game. Rams out performed saints in that game and got the ball second in OT, so I was completely fine with Rams being in super bowl before the super bowl happened. But given how boring last nights game was, I wish Saints had gotten in now.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #984 (isolation #78) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

I think Browns signing him was wrong.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #991 (isolation #79) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:04 am

Post by PokerFace »

So the NFL kinda admitted to doing wrong and paid both Kaep and Reid. The frequent "random" drug tests Reid was subject to is an obvious case of the nfl doing wrong. Teams not looking to hire Kaep, isn't that more of a grievance against certain teams than all teams or the nfl themselves? Did Kaep really try to be hired everywhere or only certain places because he wanted to be a starter. Did his Agent call the Eagles for example? Probably not given it was a team with a solid starter and backup. Could he still go after individual teams with another grievance?

This doesn't feel like the right or best resolution for either side. Kaep still needs a job. If he tries to go anywhere and does not get hired, what happens? And if Reid gets called for another drug test, what then? I feel like things didn't end and injustice may continue on and off the field.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #998 (isolation #80) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

Eagles letting Foles free and not trying to shop him is interesting. Jags does strike me as Foles best suitor now.

Flacco to Denver was a surprise. Flacco is a slight upgrade over Case only because Flacco won a superbowl. If Denver's intent was to get a superbowl winner, they should have gone after Foles. Flacco may have a better long ball than Case and more experience being on a team where defense carries you though. Still skillwise this does not really look like an upgrade to me. I think Denver will be at the bottom of the AFC west or just above it pending what more Gruden does to ruin the Raiders. Denver should have just planned to draft someone over getting Flacco

New England should draft a QB at some point. Probably in the middle rounds since Brady may have felt intimidated by Garoppolo in the early rounds

Early in the draft Miami, NYG and CIN should draft someone. I think Dalton is done in CIN

Washington should go after Tannehill, Dalton or Fitzpatrick

Bucs may want a vet backup in case Winston becomes unfixable

Titans may also want to grab a veteran since Mariota gets hurt a lot
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1001 (isolation #81) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:41 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Holy shit! It actually happened

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ll-beckham

I think we may have given up too much for it though. I liked Jabril Peppers. Our team has a lot of big egos on it now. Hope it pays off
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1003 (isolation #82) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:17 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1009 (isolation #83) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

I think the Giants have the worst QB situation in the entire league followed by CIN, MIA, and WAS pending on if Smith can come back in a couple years or not at all. TB and ARI have bad situations too, but at least their current option is still young so they have more potential to get good than the aforementioned teams.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1016 (isolation #84) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

Rosen's rookie year was not the best compared to some other rookies, but I don't think he looked so bad they need to replace him already. Rosen has potential to get better. Yes, he under performed, but I don't think its all his fault. I feel the cardinals would do better trading back and or spending a lot of picks to fix their offensive line. They have had the worst Oline in football two years straight. Their running game and passing game have suffered as a result. The Cards and their new coach must really love Murray, or they figure his height won't be issue when he's got no one blocking him
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1019 (isolation #85) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

I don't think his height is a big deal. I just figured it would be a good joke. After all the oline would block his view if they were there to block the opponents too.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1025 (isolation #86) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:43 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Man a lot of Clevelanders I know going all /in on the browns fandom right now. I am gonna pump the brakes. I think we can win division, but that's it. AFC gonna be Patriots and Colts top 2 seeds given their schedules and divisional opponents. Chargers gonna be 3 seed. Chiefs gonna be 5 and Ravens 6. That will make us play the Chiefs which I doubt we win. Maybe Andy Reid will throw us that game, but after that we would play patriots or colts. Bellicheck will out coach Kitchens. Luck will outplay Baker. Luck would have been MVP if not for Mahomes last year. We gonna be 10-6
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1028 (isolation #87) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:56 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 1026, Nero Cain wrote:The Browns hype has been a thing for the last few years. I think they have some talent and I'd like to see them succeed but I still think the Steelers are the best in the AFC North. Brown leaving is a much bigger loss than Bell but I don't think Brown is even that big of loss. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Baltimore repeat either.
The word few seems off and should be "couple of" since its only really 2 given the winless season 3 years ago

Looking at schedules in afc north
Browns at best will be 11-5 at worst 9-7
Ravens at best will be 10-6 at worst 8-8
Steelers will be at best 9-7 at worst 7-9
Bengals will be last in the division

These predictions go out window pending any major injuries
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1029 (isolation #88) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:09 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The biggest mistake the browns have made recently is making Kitchens the head coach. Don't get me wrong, he did great as offensive coordinator, but he has never been head coach of anything, let alone of a nfl team. I wanted us to promote Greg Williams to full coach with Kitchens staying as the offensive coordinator. I also would have been fine with Jack Del Rio being our head coach or any other good defensive mind assuming Kitchens stayed on staff to work with Baker. The chemistry of Baker/Kitchens is not going to go as well when Kitchens gets more busy in a role he has never had before
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1037 (isolation #89) » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

I still think
Cleveland 10-6
Baltimore 9-7
Pittsburgh 8-8
Cincinati 4-12
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1038 (isolation #90) » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

Outside of their divisional opponents CIN really only has a chance to beat NYJ, JAX, BUF, ARI. If they split those and the divisional games, best they get is 5-11. I don't think they are good enough to split all that so 4-12 feels right though honestly I would not be surprised to see mia, cin, nyg, ari, buf be 5 worst ranked teams in the league next year
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1040 (isolation #91) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

I think only way that happens is if they get rid of Andy^

By the way I found this today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF9rOeWWZdY
Wish I would have found it when it came out on April first. This video will make anyone's day

Return to “General Discussion”