Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3025 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:07 am

Post by Almost Chara »

Flavor already put down intent to hammer jjh. you don't need my vote on this consensus wagon.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3026 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:08 am

Post by Michael Scott »

I'm not making any solid judgment on Pintu yet - I lightly townread his push on me, I was evaluating the strength of Mewtaph's argument specifically. Plus, I think a jjh927 scumflips would make Pintu town, considering he felt earlier in the day that I was trying to swing a vote off jjh927 and had some conviction in his push there.

Wouldn't ProFlavor and jjh927 fall into the same bucket WRT no resistance to being scumread?

What makes you lose your townread on us? O.o Why does our interaction with Mewtaph look SvS to you? He's part of my current solve, I'd rather lynch jjh927 simply because I'm more sure of that slot being scum. FMPOV, one of {T&L|jjh927} is scum and we're really confident on T&L town; whereas I don't share the same confidence in Mewtaph vs Alchemist.
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3027 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:08 am

Post by Almost Chara »

i'm pretty sure jjh and MS are opposite alignments, so i don't hate lynching jjh regardless. that said i don't enjoy voting players i feel will flip town unless it's to avoid a nl.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3028 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:09 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 3007, Michael Scott wrote:Mew, have a skim of Pintu's previous towngames - see if you'd make the same conclusion reading his ISOs there.
The purpose of my asking this was to poke holes at his potential case on Pintu, if that's not clear.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3029 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:12 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 3027, Almost Chara wrote:i'm pretty sure jjh and MS are opposite alignments, so i don't hate lynching jjh regardless. that said i don't enjoy voting players i feel will flip town unless it's to avoid a nl.
~Chara
Would you feel the same way if it was Kokichi instead of jjh927?
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3030 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:12 am

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 3026, Michael Scott wrote:He's part of my current solve, I'd rather lynch jjh927 simply because I'm more sure of that slot being scum. FMPOV, one of {T&L|jjh927} is scum and we're really confident on T&L town; whereas I don't share the same confidence in Mewtaph vs Alchemist
are you sure he's part of your solve? the way you've been talking to him recently it looks more like you're convincing him to share your reads and such instead of trying to read him.

as for losing the townread, i don't know. you feel too much like scum seizing an opportunity even if that may not be a fair assessment of your play. things like using the mechanical "one of the BPs has to be scum" as reason for your lynch choices, or that we have to have scum in an air unit claim. and the stuff about protecting Varsoon so he doesn't get nightkilled feels a little foolish when i think he's in a very unlikely position to ever be nightkilled due to his feelings about the game.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3031 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:14 am

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 3029, Mewtaph wrote:
In post 3027, Almost Chara wrote:i'm pretty sure jjh and MS are opposite alignments, so i don't hate lynching jjh regardless. that said i don't enjoy voting players i feel will flip town unless it's to avoid a nl.
~Chara
why are you asking this? Kokichi is flipped, it's impossible to think of a hypothetical involving his alignment now. if you have some sort of issue with how i treated Kokichi, present that.

and i thought Kokichi was scum when i said he should be shot. if you mean a consensus scumread, it did not feel like a full consensus like jjh does now.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3032 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:15 am

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 3026, Michael Scott wrote:Wouldn't ProFlavor and jjh927 fall into the same bucket WRT no resistance to being scumread?
Flavor isn't being wagoned, and he was not in danger of being so for most of the game in spite of scumreads. scum soft bus all the time.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3033 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 3031, Almost Chara wrote:
In post 3029, Mewtaph wrote:
~Chara
why are you asking this? Kokichi is flipped, it's impossible to think of a hypothetical involving his alignment now. if you have some sort of issue with how i treated Kokichi, present that.

and i thought Kokichi was scum when i said he should be shot. if you mean a consensus scumread, it did not feel like a full consensus like jjh does now.
~Chara
Ok.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3034 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:18 am

Post by Michael Scott »

That's the way I talk to everyone, though. My read on someone doesn't make me talk to them differently. Also, you forget one thing: The way he reacts to arguments I provide is *really* good material to help me form a read on him.

Well, do you disagree about "One of the BP claims is scum" or "One of the air units must be scum" arguments? I'm constantly asking for people's thoughts on these, to disagree with me and show me why not. I'm using them to refine and support my solve; could you point me to anything specific conclusion that those arguments help form as opportunistic? Because I have individual reasons to scumread each person in my solve.
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3035 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:18 am

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 3028, Michael Scott wrote:
In post 3007, Michael Scott wrote:Mew, have a skim of Pintu's previous towngames - see if you'd make the same conclusion reading his ISOs there.
The purpose of my asking this was to poke holes at his potential case on Pintu, if that's not clear.
why poke holes in his case if you aren't sure of your own read on pintu?
you presented his meta as a reason to townread him and premptively stop Mew's pintu case, but you're not townreading pintu strongly? why didn't you want the full case to come out?

and i'm still interested if you have accompanying scum meta on pintu.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3036 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:20 am

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 3034, Michael Scott wrote:Also, you forget one thing: The way he reacts to arguments I provide is *really* good material to help me form a read on him.
i disagree about this approach, because if you feed him right answers then he's going to give them. i'm not saying that you shouldn't converse with scumreads (i do it all the time) but if you argue while making what you think he should say obvious, to me at least, what's the point?
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3037 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:22 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 3035, Almost Chara wrote:why poke holes in his case if you aren't sure of your own read on pintu?
you presented his meta as a reason to townread him and premptively stop Mew's pintu case, but you're not townreading pintu strongly? why didn't you want the full case to come out?

and i'm still interested if you have accompanying scum meta on pintu.
What does my own read have to do with the strength of a case on Pintu?
I invite him to make a full case - it's the specific argument ("his content doesn't generate info") that I'm combating.
You're misconstruing that I presented his meta as a reason
to townread him
- I asked Mew to check meta just to evaluate
that argument
(that Pintu not generating meaningful content the way Mewtaph interprets meaningful content is scummy for him).
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3038 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:24 am

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 3034, Michael Scott wrote:Well, do you disagree about "One of the BP claims is scum" or "One of the air units must be scum" arguments? I'm constantly asking for people's thoughts on these, to disagree with me and show me why not. I'm using them to refine and support my solve; could you point me to anything specific conclusion that those arguments help form as opportunistic? Because I have individual reasons to scumread each person in my solve.
i agree about one of the BPs
probably
being scum. i don't disagree that one of the air units is probably scum, even if scum could have fakeclaimed. i suppose i'm inherently distrustful of mechanical arguments?

but now that i think of it, lynching jjh based on the BP claim and townreading Fire slot hard looks awful if jjh flips town, because now you're the suspect BP.
maybe it's just your playstyle and i'm being overly critical.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3039 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:25 am

Post by Almost Chara »

: okay, i didn't see it that way until you explained it was about the meaningful content specifically.

i guess i'm back to mewtaph/jjh/pintu/proflavor even if it feels strange.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3040 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:30 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 3037, Michael Scott wrote:it's the specific argument ("his content doesn't generate info")
That's not the argument I was making against pinturicchio though. I'm considering the quote and found it interesting while I was looking at people's ISOs.

I'm saying as it stands, I think Day 1 has collectively held a lot more information than Day 2 and Day 3 up to that point. That's just how I feel.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3041 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:32 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 3036, Almost Chara wrote:i disagree about this approach, because if you feed him right answers then he's going to give them. i'm not saying that you shouldn't converse with scumreads (i do it all the time) but if you argue while making what you think he should say obvious, to me at least, what's the point?
I'll think about this, but I think my approach is fine.
I think it's always pro-town for everyone to be completely transparent and boil down differences in opinion to fundamentals. If he's scum and "the right answers" I'm giving implicate his scumbuddies, he's backed down and must offer stronger logical arguments to combat my stance, and the more he'd do that, the more it's easy to judge his alignment. If he's town, it's good to correct incorrect conclusions he forms and help him form a better solve.
Almost Chara wrote: but now that i think of it, lynching jjh based on the BP claim and townreading Fire slot hard looks awful if jjh flips town, because now you're the suspect BP.
I understand. I'd be pretty shocked if jjh927 flips town here because my townread on Fire slot is *really* strong.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3042 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:53 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 3006, Michael Scott wrote:
In post 3001, Alchemist21 wrote:If Mew’s a goon ProFlavor is most likely Town,
Evidence for this? ProFlavor mostly maintained Mewtaph at town, or "Lynch if FL wants to", and Mewtaph never once interacted with or referenced ProFlavor.
That’s it though. The defense of Mewtaph makes sense if Mew’s a scum PR, but the defense does look bad for ProFlavor if Mew flips scum which is why I don’t think they would have done it unless the risk was worth it.
In post 3024, Almost Chara wrote:i'm also okay voting Mewtaph, should i do that as well?
~Chara
Would rather do Mewtaph before ProFlavor. Is that wagon still possible though? Seems like everyone is treating JJ’s lynch as a foregone conclusion.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3043 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:12 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 3042, Alchemist21 wrote:The defense of Mewtaph makes sense if Mew’s a scum PR, but the defense does look bad for ProFlavor if Mew flips scum which is why I don’t think they would have done it unless the risk was worth it.
Have to read up there closer but Mewtaph was the counterwagon to STW, right? Pretty sure the risk was worth taking.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3044 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:09 am

Post by Michael Scott »

@AC I'd like you to think about ProFlavor vs Pint and tell me who you think is likelier scum before the hammer happens.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3045 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:54 am

Post by Krazy »

Votecount 3.7

jjh927(4)
~ (149), (33), (36), (40)

ProFlavor(1)
~ (39)
Firebringer(1)
~ (26)

Not Voting (3): Mewtaph(30), Alchemist21(15), ProFlavor(4)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 3 deadline is in (expired on 2019-02-06 00:07:29)

MOD REMINDERS~~~No prods today, epic win~~~

FLAVOR
Spoiler:
Last edited by Krazy on Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
vote conspiracy
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3046 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:52 am

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 3044, Michael Scott wrote:@AC I'd like you to think about ProFlavor vs Pint and tell me who you think is likelier scum before the hammer happens.
i feel like the answer to this should be really obvious considering one of these is a player i voted and the other one isn't. i think PF is likelier scum.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3047 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:22 am

Post by Firebringer »

so I guess jjh is confirmed scum here?
Why we still talking?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3048 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:14 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf
Big bad wolf, big bad wolf
Who's afraid of the big bad wolf