Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:12 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 896, Chara wrote: did Fish claim that publicly?
He claimed it in the hood, where at least four other people could see it.
why did you out it? (if not.)
Because you were casting shade at me for being open about what happened in the hood, and that piece of info explains why I gave info which could be damaging to Fish, yet didn't vote him.

Do you have a problem with me being transparent about what happened in the hood? If so, why?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:20 am

Post by Varsoon »

What bothers me is that BEF thinks there is scum in the hood but worries about his soft-claim being outted to town outside the hood.
Doesn't make sense.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:27 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 901, Varsoon wrote:What bothers me is that BEF thinks there is scum in the hood but worries about his soft-claim being outted to town outside the hood.
Doesn't make sense.
Exactly.

And, Chara implying that I'm scummy for accurately reporting what went on in the hood.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:52 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 870, Varsoon wrote:I think Zito's town from play yesterday and I'm curious to see what he has to say about the 'gold' he was gonna get from the wagons.
We're fortunate to know now that we had two competing Town wagons, which helps explain why it was so difficult to get a lynch on either one; the scum crew didn't care which one got lynched. We can now look in depth at who joined which wagons for what reasons. I'll be doing iso dives on this soon.
Who all is even in the hood, though?
Fish, Enter, Me, Persivuul, and redtea are the only ones who've posted there. We don't have a list though so it's entirely possible that another player is in the hood without us knowing.
if scum is in the hood, they took the shot feeling they'd still be safe and that town would eat themselves alive trying to lynch in the hood-pool.
Or maybe they felt the 2-for-1 was too good to pass up. Or maybe killing off redtea and Enter was worth the risk since Enter was invested. Maybe it was a defensive play because someone felt threatened by one of them.

In post 893, Chara wrote:because i was in class? why is this notable to you?
Why didn't you just vote when you said you were going to? What were you waiting for?
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:52 am

Post by Chara »

it's not for being open. if you'd just said "this is the full context for what happened", that's one thing. the implication that Fish was hiding it for scummy reasons is what i took issue with, because scum Fish should know that others in the hood can easily reveal his omission.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:54 am

Post by Chara »

In post 903, Papa Zito wrote:Why didn't you just vote when you said you were going to? What were you waiting for?
because Robert wasn't my preferred lynch and i was hesitant to vote there if there was a way out of it. it soon became obvious to me that there wasn't when i next had a chance to look at the game.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:58 am

Post by Chara »

In post 901, Varsoon wrote:What bothers me is that BEF thinks there is scum in the hood but worries about his soft-claim being outted to town outside the hood.
Doesn't make sense.
good point.
i still think he's town but i'd like to know why.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:01 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Percivul: You could just be trying to soak some townpoints because if you're scum you know there's gonna be fallout re:hood based on the kill anyway.

P-EDIT:
@Zito: Regardless, scum, if they are in the hood, took the kill because they feel safe doing so. If anything, you'd think scum with knowledge of lovers would just wait until the day before LYLO and do a quickhammer + Lovers kill, right? Also, with no mod-confirmed list, you could just have a scum spying and the people who posted weren't scum; if anything, that also seems like the more likely scum play, too. So I have to figure that if it wasn't a fluke, scum's in a safe position making that kill. Dunno how that tempers reads, really, though.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:02 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 906, Chara wrote:
Doesn't make sense.
good point.
i still think he's town but i'd like to know why.
He feels like town playing by the seat of his pants
is that an expression that makes sense?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:05 am

Post by Chara »

yes, but not going to go into my feelings on it more until he replies.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:16 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

Doesn't make sense.
What I said is that I "have ways to conftown" and I have to "wait on a couple of people to post before I can make my moves"

This was also said during the peak of my argument with Enter who was SRing me and saying he was going to go all out on me today. I am still waiting on more info before I "make my moves" too.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:13 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i'll be around tomorrow, sorry
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:17 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 910, BrightEyedFish wrote:
Doesn't make sense.
What I said is that I "have ways to conftown" and I have to "wait on a couple of people to post before I can make my moves"

This was also said during the peak of my argument with Enter who was SRing me and saying he was going to go all out on me today. I am still waiting on more info before I "make my moves" too.
Wait, so when Enter was scumreading you in the PT, you responded to that pressure by claiming you could conf-town in the PT?
And then Enter, who was saying he was going to go all out on you, got shot over you?

Has anyone else here played with BEF as scum before?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:17 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Like if you can conf-town, dude, do it ASAP
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:48 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 912, Varsoon wrote:Wait, so when Enter was scumreading you in the PT, you responded to that pressure by claiming you could conf-town in the PT?
And then Enter, who was saying he was going to go all out on you, got shot over you?

Has anyone else here played with BEF as scum before?
BEF responded to Enter's pressure in 3 ways:
1. Saying Enter is a liar and twisting everything BEF is saying;
2. Claiming the ability to become confirmed town;
3. Admitting to being a bad player who, if he were to suddenly started playing well, would be read as scum
Kappa
Just Monika
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:49 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 910, BrightEyedFish wrote:I am still waiting on more info before I "make my moves" too.
What info are you waiting on?
Kappa
Just Monika
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:22 am

Post by Varsoon »

So why was Enter scumreading BEF in the first place, then?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:53 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 885, implosion wrote:What about the flip exactly makes Zito scummy, skitter?

My immediate inclination is to go Persivul if we're going in the hood.
pushing lynchbait because he wasn't townie (not because he was scummy, mind you, or because papa zito was scumreading him, but for a lack of towniness). it's an easy push to make and it felt oppurtunistic/taking-advantage-y to me
the redtea townflip doesn't really change that

i don't really townread persivul, but i don't really scumread him either; his flip onto redtea and then robert was kinda meh but i can't really fault him because i did something similar before deadline so yeah

although thinking about the dynamics of yesterday, persivul seemed kinda bandwagon-y, kinda chiming in to say that he doesn't see a reason not to lynch robert after papa zito had been going on about it for a while. idk persivul looks bad if papa zito is town imo but i still think papa zito's push was bad

in the context of both of them flipping town persivul is maybe a little worse actually i think because he flipped from robert to redtea and back to robert; if he's scum he doesn't care which get lynched; like it's kinda scummy in a vaccuum but i guess the reason why i don't scumread this straight up is because i didn't want a no-lynch yesterday and i would have voted for either towards eod too

==
In post 900, Persivul wrote:He claimed it in the hood, where at least four other people could see it.
do you think there's scum in the hood?
i mean there probably is, and scum knows about it already probably, so i can see why you think you aren't outing anything new but it's a little ??? to claim something sombody else said in private in the main thread

like i'm kinda thinking that if i were in bef's position i wouldn't want somebody to say what i claimed in the hood in the main thread on the offchance there *weren't* scum in the hood, even if it was likely that there *are* scum there

i think this incident, and this quote, kinda belies a lack of paranoia about whether there might be scum in the hood, which i think is more likely to come from scum who already know whether or not there is

==

i think bef is pretty townie, irregardless of the conftown thing
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:02 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 916, Varsoon wrote:So why was Enter scumreading BEF in the first place, then?
Enter first went after BEF for refusing to hammer. BEF responded that he set an alarm to come back to the thread 90 minutes before deadline hoping people would jump to redtea. BEF then said he probably wouldn't have hammered anyway.

Enter then believed BEF scumslipped. BEF stated he believed Enter had info on redtea, but that the info was not AI. Enter said the only way for BEF to know this is if BEF was scum with redtea. Clearly that wasn't the case.
Kappa
Just Monika
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:49 am

Post by Varsoon »

Huh.
Do you think this was a framejob?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:50 am

Post by Varsoon »

Way I see it is either BEF killed to protect himself after getting a juicy lovers claim
or
Scum in the hood saw a situation where BEF would look really bad and they could double kills on killing lover

I think the fluke of the kill landing how it did if there were no scum in the hood is too unlikely.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Varsoon »

If hood really doesn't have a userlist though, I bet dollars to donuts that scum just didn't post there, but in that case, I wonder why the N1 kill wasn't on someone in the hood.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:04 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 917, skitter30 wrote: do you think there's scum in the hood?
Assuming a standard 10:3 setup, and assuming no unknown neighbors, then probably 1 in the hood, 2 out. That means 1/3 and 2/7 in and out of the hood respectively.
i mean there probably is, and scum knows about it already probably, so i can see why you think you aren't outing anything new but
it's a little ??? to claim something sombody else said in private in the main thread
Not at all. First, as you note above, it's highly likely that there's scum in the hood. Second, you, like Chara, are locktowning BEF from his D1 play. I had him as a town lean as well, and even defended him: . But, unlike you guys, I'm taking in new evidence with an open mind.

Consider if Fish is scum:
- fights with enter
- enter claims lovers
- enter says he's pushing fish tomorrow
- fish decides to kill enter, both to get the twofer and to avoid the push
- fish claims he can conftown himself tomorrow as cover
- enter and redtea die
- fish says that people are scummy for divulging his PT conftown claim

Sorry, but I'm not giving him a pass on all that just because he seemed townie for most of D1.
like i'm kinda thinking that if i were in bef's position i wouldn't want somebody to say what i claimed in the hood in the main thread on the offchance there *weren't* scum in the hood, even if it was likely that there *are* scum there
That's because you locktowned fish from D1 play. I haven't. Things change.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:05 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 921, Varsoon wrote:If hood really doesn't have a userlist though, I bet dollars to donuts that scum just didn't post there, but in that case, I wonder why the N1 kill wasn't on someone in the hood.
Huh? We're only in D2. Last night was N1, and the kill was on someone in the hood.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:13 am

Post by Varsoon »

Shit I thought we were D3 then
Well yeah I'm willing to bet scum just didn't talk at all in the hood, unless BEF is scum and shot survivalistically, or scum think they won't get caught otherwise.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”