Individual-1 (Donald Trump)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19275  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:56 pm

In post 19274, YellowSnow wrote:
In post 19272, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 19265, u r a person 2 wrote:In this country one party considers racism absolutely intolerable, and one thinks that tax policy is more important than human dignity.

In this country one party considers sexual harassment and abuse absolutely intolerable, and one thinks that tax policy is more important than human dignity.

In this country one party considers homophobia and transphobia absolutely intolerable, and one thinks that tax policy is more important than human dignity.

The not-bigoted conservatives sure can stomach a lot in the name of tax cuts.

I don't think that's a fair statement. I think most republicans would prefer a conservative tax code and equal rights for minorities.

I can't argue what they would prefer, but they are certainly stomaching this shit
103-11 0-2

YellowSnow
Goon

Pronoun: He

Post Post #19276  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:58 pm

In post 19276, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 19265, u r a person 2 wrote:In this country one party considers racism absolutely intolerable, and one thinks that tax policy is more important than human dignity.

In this country one party considers sexual harassment and abuse absolutely intolerable, and one thinks that tax policy is more important than human dignity.

In this country one party considers homophobia and transphobia absolutely intolerable, and one thinks that tax policy is more important than human dignity.

I don't think that's a fair statement. I think most republicans would prefer a conservative tax code and equal rights for minorities.

I can't argue what they would prefer, but they are certainly stomaching this shit

Well, there are a multitude of issues for voters to consider and I think most republicans(and liberals for that matter) consider social justice just one issue out of many.

shaft.ed
dem.agogue

Post Post #19277  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:59 pm

In post 19246, YellowSnow wrote:I don't know that there is any easy solution either though.

a good first step would be to stop stripping the voting rights of side minority group

Creature
Solve This Game

Post Post #19278  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:59 pm

In post 19276, u r a person 2 wrote:

Likely because they think racist policies won't get approved?
Sigh

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19279  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:00 pm

In post 19273, Creature wrote:
In post 19272, u r a person 2 wrote:In this country one party considers homophobia and transphobia absolutely intolerable

If by homophobia and transphobia you mean something like this site's rule, then surely a lot of people would be hella scared that their humour sense could get themselves arrested.

I mean things like kicking trans people out of the military

and NOW VICE PRESIDENT mike pence's "Freedom to be a bigot" act

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious ... t_(Indiana)
103-11 0-2

Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat

Pronoun: It

Post Post #19280  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:03 pm

In post 19277, YellowSnow wrote:Well, there are a multitude of issues for voters to consider and I think most republicans(and liberals for that matter) consider social justice just one issue out of many.

Wouldn't it be republicans and democrats. Either that or conservatives and liberals.
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.

shaft.ed
dem.agogue

Post Post #19281  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:03 pm

In post 19262, YellowSnow wrote:I think most people approve of their boss if he signs your paycheck.

welp that doesnt explain it then
i mean this could be the least accurate description of Trump I've ever seen
Last edited by shaft.ed on Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19282  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:03 pm

In post 19277, YellowSnow wrote:Well, there are a multitude of issues for voters to consider and I think most republicans(and liberals for that matter) consider social justice just one issue out of many.

Right, and they are stomaching the bigotry because they consider other issues more important. We're in agreement.
103-11 0-2

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19283  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:05 pm

In post 19279, Creature wrote:Likely because they think racist policies won't get approved?

The muslim ban was eventually effectuated

The trans military ban was eventually effectuated

The freedom to be a bigot law in indiana was eventually effectuated.

Why would anyone think that racist policies won't get approved?
103-11 0-2

YellowSnow
Goon

Post Post #19284  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:05 pm

In post 19283, u r a person 2 wrote:

Right, and they are stomaching the bigotry because they consider other issues more important. We're in agreement.

I don't think there's anything wrong with suggesting that social justice isn't the overriding issue of our generation. Important, yes, but there ARE other things. And that doesn't make you racist to think so.

shaft.ed
dem.agogue

Post Post #19285  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:06 pm

In post 19270, Creature wrote:Also yeah, I sorta expect someone to overreact over a policy that would make them pay for something that likely won't even benefit them.

yeah that never happens to liberals

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19286  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:07 pm

In post 19285, YellowSnow wrote:I don't think there's anything wrong with suggesting that social justice isn't the overriding issue of our generation. Important, yes, but there ARE other things. And that doesn't make you racist to think so.

It does make you racist-adjacent.
103-11 0-2

Firebringer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #19287  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:08 pm

In post 19287, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 19285, YellowSnow wrote:I don't think there's anything wrong with suggesting that social justice isn't the overriding issue of our generation. Important, yes, but there ARE other things. And that doesn't make you racist to think so.

why is this allowed?
Show

YellowSnow
Goon

Post Post #19288  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:08 pm

No, it really doesn't.

shaft.ed
dem.agogue

Post Post #19289  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:09 pm

In post 19285, YellowSnow wrote:

I don't think there's anything wrong with suggesting that social justice isn't the overriding issue of our generation. Important, yes, but there ARE other things. And that doesn't make you racist to think so.

yes they did deliver those massive tax cuts for billionares and hard up corporations
definitely worth kicking a few minority groups

YellowSnow
Goon

Post Post #19290  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:10 pm

In post 19290, shaft.ed wrote:

yes they did deliver those massive tax cuts for billionares and hard up corporations

yay class warfare!

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19291  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:11 pm

In post 19289, YellowSnow wrote:

No, it really doesn't.

Yes, it really does, by definition.
part of the definition of adjacent

(used in combination)s
supporting or being an ally of a group or subculture without being a part of it:
She describes herself as queer-adjacent .

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/adjacent

If a person voted for donald trump, thus supporting him, a person that you called in this thread a racist

They are by definition, racist-adjacent.
103-11 0-2

YellowSnow
Goon

Post Post #19292  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:13 pm

That's like saying by voting Bill Clinton you support mysoginism and sexual harrassment.
Last edited by YellowSnow on Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19293  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:13 pm

there's a reason even I don't want hillary to run in the me too era
103-11 0-2

YellowSnow
Goon

Post Post #19294  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:16 pm

Did you support bill clinton in 1996?

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19295  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:16 pm

I'm old, but not old enough to have done that.
103-11 0-2

shaft.ed
dem.agogue

Post Post #19296  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:17 pm

In post 19291, YellowSnow wrote:
In post 19290, shaft.ed wrote:

yay class warfare!
it is
and one class is clearly winning
keep cheering them on if it makes you feel better
i guess

YellowSnow
Goon

Post Post #19297  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:18 pm

In post 19296, u r a person 2 wrote:I'm old, but not old enough to have done that.

Looking back, though, would Bill Clinton or Bob Dole(or Ross Perot) have been the better candidate?

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19298  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:22 pm

I don't know anything about Bob Dole, tbh.

I would not, and do not, support the clintons in this cycle precisely because of these reasons

and I'm low key ashamed that it took me to 30 years old and the me too movement to evolve in this viewpoint
103-11 0-2

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19299  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:22 pm

I just didn't know how many people were being raped and/or abused
103-11 0-2

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to General Discussion