Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:18 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 448, Allomancer wrote:he is just complaining about not having a partner and advocating for lynches without sharing his reads. he is putting in no effort whatsoever.
I would assume advocating for lynches is sharing scum reads
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:18 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 447, Firebringer wrote:No I am just going for low hanging fruit like a moron pinkball.
I did respond to ur bad townread on Nancy though.
Oooooh I didn't see your reply, thank you doggo senpai! Welp, we're going to disagree about her for now.

Did you read my joke tho? It was a great joke
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:19 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I've told you a few times why Nancy
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:19 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 449, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Just freaking tell me already then, please? I’m obviously missing something and no one serms to have the decency to bother sharing it with me.
In post 307, Dannflor wrote:I don't like this because it's a lazy read. I don't like the "seeming kinda" wording to begin with, but aside from that, I think scum reading Vedith is easy but doesn't really make sense if you think about it. I don't think scum shows as much desperation to get a dance as he does. Worst case scenario, scum can buddy and pair up if they have to. Probably not optimal, but their strategy is probably closer to pocketing one person and not really worrying about being the odd man out. The motivation behind that behavior (even joking behavior) comes from town imo

Also, I don't like Allomancer's immediate defensiveness of not justifying his reads and pointing to previous games as "look I'm matching my town meta!" Doesn't seem like a town response
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:20 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 320, Firebringer wrote:
In post 319, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Okay, so apparently I’m scum for not automatically being convinced Allo’s scum here, got it.
nope. keep trying.
No, you and everyone who keeps throwing all of this bs shade on me. YOU fucking tell ME, because I’m really losing patience with this riddle I’m being scumread for not solving and I’m not going to continue to keep banging my head against a brick wall, as why I’m being wrongly scumread here.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:21 pm

Post by Allomancer »

In post 450, Dannflor wrote:
In post 448, Allomancer wrote:he is just complaining about not having a partner and advocating for lynches without sharing his reads. he is putting in no effort whatsoever.
I would assume advocating for lynches is sharing scum reads
generally advocating for lynch == very strong scumreads. that gives us two people he has very strong scumreads on with no explanation, and no reads on anyone else
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

"This might be the worst hydra I've seen in all of mafiascum history."—
T-bone

"idk, you don't feel like an easy mislynch"—
Creature
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:22 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 454, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 320, Firebringer wrote:
In post 319, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Okay, so apparently I’m scum for not automatically being convinced Allo’s scum here, got it.
nope. keep trying.
No, you and everyone who keeps throwing all of this bs shade on me. YOU fucking tell ME, because I’m really losing patience with this riddle I’m being scumread for not solving and I’m not going to continue to keep banging my head against a brick wall, as why I’m being wrongly scumread here.
I'll give you another reason I was scumreading you in heroes that you are also showing here: you are showing a lot of initiative in getting people to interact but you're not using it to scumhunt
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:22 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 153, Allomancer wrote:Here's the problem with the strategy of NL for first dance: while we get an IC, scum also gets a NK before we lynch anyone. This means we would potentially lose two strong townreads before they have much of a chance to read the game. By having at least one lynch D1 we get their updated reads following the flip before they die. I think the second lynch D1 is partially unnecessary, but we definitely want to lynch at least one.

Thus, I approve of the strategy of wealth ladies claiming and only accepting offers from gentlemen who are widely townread. A claim actually doesn't help scum at all with their NK, because by the time they get a kill, coins don't matter anymore anyway.
Also thinking here about Gamma and Ank's comments:

This is true but bear in mind that in other versions of the game, such as in Halloweens' Ball, the entire lynch order was decided in pre-dance. The vast majority of decision making in this game will take place within a span of 8 days. The question we partly need to decide is when, if ever, we firmly commit to a lynch priority order.

Building on my little note from earlier, there are two scenarios at the start of day 1:
The first gent flips red -- In this scenario, we can just play on. The risk of scum forcing a lynch and scum claiming is significantly lower now.

The first gent flips green -- Do we hammer no lynch? Your argument is true, that a townread pair will die. This happens no matter what.

The way things are going, that pair will have made their reads in pre-dance probably. I think scenario 2, where people keep mum until second dance, just isn't going to fly with this crowd. That's fine.

Ank makes the point that scum might kill strong town players. I can expand more on that in a bit, but a strong player being dead isn't devastating for town if town is willing to seriously consider that player's reads. Additionally, we can consider mitigating this, but pairing strong players with nulls or scumleans to mitigate losing two strong players to a single kill.

You do make another compelling point, though, which is that we might want town to update reads after the flip of the first gentleman. I don't think most people's reads lists will tend to dramatically change after a single flip unless, of course, we flip scum, though--and in that case, we can play dance 1 to full length anyway.

Doing more laundry now, back later
vote conspiracy
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:22 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 455, Allomancer wrote:and no reads on anyone else
I have a lot of reads. \o/
Do you want a rainbow read?
I claim scum \o/
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:23 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Krazy

It's very rare that people have influence after they die on this site
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:24 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 457, Krazy wrote:Additionally, we can consider mitigating this, but pairing strong players with nulls or scumleans to mitigate losing two strong players to a single kill.
btw I'm not hard advocating this right now, I'm just saying that "we need to do something to protect strong players from the nightkill" doesn't mean we need to rework the entire plan here necessarily
vote conspiracy
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:24 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 434, Ankamius wrote:
In post 399, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 356, Ankamius wrote:
In post 354, Pink Ball wrote:Oh, and if she's talking more about meta than anything else, it's even more town Nancy
No.

Trust me, she's thinking from a scum mindset.
No, we’re not fucking trusting you on jack. You keep calling me scum here, without giving me even a single goddamned reason. That is not acceptable.
You're reacting the exact same way you did in heroes after doing almost exactly the same strategy
Again, what freaking strategy? I am legit confused with everything you’ve been saying about me here. Can you please just explain it because it’s making absolutely no sense to me?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:24 pm

Post by Allomancer »

In post 458, Vedith wrote:
In post 455, Allomancer wrote:and no reads on anyone else
I have a lot of reads. \o/
if you have so many, why have we not been enlightened?
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:24 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 459, Ankamius wrote:It's very rare that people have influence after they die on this site
read the end of Halloween ball
vote conspiracy
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:24 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Nancy, you missed the reasoning for why people were scum reading Allo, which made your defense of Allo look bad. It wasn't the defense itself, but how it happened. You're not scum for town reading Allo, and I get you're frustrated but assuming that's why you're being scum read is weird when people stated a few times that wasn't what was going on.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:24 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 458, Vedith wrote:I have a lot of reads. \o/
you should share
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:25 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 462, Allomancer wrote:if you have so many, why have we not been enlightened?
Because I'm not going to the dance yet!
I claim scum \o/
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:25 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 460, Krazy wrote:
In post 457, Krazy wrote:Additionally, we can consider mitigating this, but pairing strong players with nulls or scumleans to mitigate losing two strong players to a single kill.
btw I'm not hard advocating this right now, I'm just saying that "we need to do something to protect strong players from the nightkill" doesn't mean we need to rework the entire plan here necessarily
Do you understand where my point comes from?
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:25 pm

Post by Allomancer »

dannflor, about your signature: were you scum?
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:25 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 465, Dannflor wrote:you should share
It won't look good for you though!
Are you sure?
I claim scum \o/
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by Firebringer »

thoughts on this allo?
In post 442, Firebringer wrote:
In post 437, Allomancer wrote:complaining about how bad my writing is accomplishes nothing if you can't form a read on me from it
I have a read on you, I was just venting my frustration your writing has on my psyche when trying to play the game.
You can be insulted about it if you like, doesn't change that is my feelings of it and it isn't against you personally. You can acknowledge that I don't like your content and not take it personally. Which imo is the better way to approach this since taking it personal doesn't really achieve anything but I can understand feeling insulted because people say you have bad posts. Just not something I think is worth getting upset over since the problem is with me not with you, do your own thing bud. Why care what I think or feel about your posts.

It doesn't reflect your character.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 443, Dannflor wrote:
In post 430, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:thing about my meta.
I've played a game with you and I've read a game with you in it. You have a very distinctive style

Allomancer, do you still scum read Vedith, and if so would you share reasoning?
WILL SOMEONE PLEASE FREAKING EXPLAIN THIS To Me ALREADY BECAUSE MY HEAD Is HURTING.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by Allomancer »

In post 466, Vedith wrote:
In post 462, Allomancer wrote:if you have so many, why have we not been enlightened?
Because I'm not going to the dance yet!
he's been shitposting all day and this is what we get. Either share your reads or die. It's that simple. Town doesn't benefit
at all
from you being withholding.
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:27 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 469, Vedith wrote:
In post 465, Dannflor wrote:you should share
It won't look good for you though!
Are you sure?
you already said you wanna lynch me dude

pedit: what Allo said
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:27 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 471, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 443, Dannflor wrote:
In post 430, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:thing about my meta.
I've played a game with you and I've read a game with you in it. You have a very distinctive style

Allomancer, do you still scum read Vedith, and if so would you share reasoning?
WILL SOMEONE PLEASE FREAKING EXPLAIN THIS To Me ALREADY BECAUSE MY HEAD Is HURTING.
ur scum
GTKAS
| here.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”