Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by Dannflor »

oof so it begins

good bye Nancy if you're going, but I would ask that you please try to divorce yourself from people scum reading you and play the game regardless if possible though

I'll be back later tonight, wanna give time for people who haven't posted yet and possible replacement to actually catch up and give thoughts
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 572, Firebringer wrote:The last game had like 6 replacements and because Nancy gets scumread she replaces out after spamming the fuck out of the game. No, she needs to stay because that's fucking common courtesy to stay given what has happened before, and she signed up for this game knowing what happened last.

This is right at all Nancy and you know it. You don't replace out given all this shit.
You aren't being fair to anyone here.

If you need a break take a break from the thread. None of this is acceptable behavior of replacing out when the game isn't even 48 hours old and no one is treating you unfairly
You don’t get to fucking lecture me. I’m not a goddamned masochist, sorry not sorry.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:19 pm

Post by Firebringer »

actually I don't want Nancy in this game if she is going to behave like a child.
So go ahead and leave.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:19 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 576, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 572, Firebringer wrote:The last game had like 6 replacements and because Nancy gets scumread she replaces out after spamming the fuck out of the game. No, she needs to stay because that's fucking common courtesy to stay given what has happened before, and she signed up for this game knowing what happened last.

This is right at all Nancy and you know it. You don't replace out given all this shit.
You aren't being fair to anyone here.

If you need a break take a break from the thread. None of this is acceptable behavior of replacing out when the game isn't even 48 hours old and no one is treating you unfairly
You don’t get to fucking lecture me. I’m not a goddamned masochist, sorry not sorry.
why are you still here
GTKAS
| here.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 345, Taly wrote:i feel like the point ank brought up about scum getting an NK without anyone of them getting lynched is a good one, but i want krazy to follow-up on her thoughts on that, and say something beyond setup mechanics
yeah this setup is deceptively complicated which is why I replaced out last time when I realized I was basically wrong about everything for the first day or two, because *some things might matter not at all* but *could matter a lot* and some of that has to deal with the RNG of whether scum have 2 gents or 1 gent (or 0 or 3 etc.). Dance 1 could be totally fine and played like any other phase if scum have three ladies -- but we don't know that, and I get pretty frustrated pushing a strategy around worst case scenarios which might be totally pointless if RNG swung all the scum on ladies

basically this setup has the potential to have a lot of wasted effort, but that's fine it's like a quasi-blitz given it can only last 26 days tops
vote conspiracy
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 575, Dannflor wrote:oof so it begins

good bye Nancy if you're going, but I would ask that you please try to divorce yourself from people scum reading you and play the game regardless if possible though

I'll be back later tonight, wanna give time for people who haven't posted yet and possible replacement to actually catch up and give thoughts
I can handle being wrongly scumread but here I’m being wrongly deathtunneled and I’m not fucking tolerating it. I recently went through this and I can’t put myself through that again.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:23 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I don't think less than a 24 hour push can qualify as a death tunnel but whatever you want to call it that helps your victim complex.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:23 pm

Post by Allomancer »

In post 581, Firebringer wrote:I don't think less than a 24 hour push can qualify as a death tunnel but whatever you want to call it that helps your victim complex.
i don't think you're helping here
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

"This might be the worst hydra I've seen in all of mafiascum history."—
T-bone

"idk, you don't feel like an easy mislynch"—
Creature
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:24 pm

Post by Firebringer »

not trying to help here. Nancy is acting like a child and I am calling her behavior out.
I don't think it helps her by telling her she is right to leave the game while throwing a fit tbh.
Show

Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:25 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 382, Taly wrote:Ank, was there any benefit that you saw in claiming coin value in your previous game of this?
I think was absolutely right that the 8-coin lady probably realizes she needs to claim regardless of what the rest of the town decides

I think realizing how important it is for 5-7 coin ladies to claim is not quite as obvious at a first glance of the setup
vote conspiracy
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:29 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 579, Krazy wrote:
In post 345, Taly wrote:i feel like the point ank brought up about scum getting an NK without anyone of them getting lynched is a good one, but i want krazy to follow-up on her thoughts on that, and say something beyond setup mechanics
yeah this setup is deceptively complicated which is why I replaced out last time when I realized I was basically wrong about everything for the first day or two, because *some things might matter not at all* but *could matter a lot* and some of that has to deal with the RNG of whether scum have 2 gents or 1 gent (or 0 or 3 etc.). Dance 1 could be totally fine and played like any other phase if scum have three ladies -- but we don't know that, and I get pretty frustrated pushing a strategy around worst case scenarios which might be totally pointless if RNG swung all the scum on ladies

basically this setup has the potential to have a lot of wasted effort, but that's fine it's like a quasi-blitz given it can only last 26 days tops
first off, this is never a valid reason to replace out of a game and you are an asshole because of that
second, I don't think anyone has really came close to breaking the setup to its core because its the best lovers setup ever created. The reason being its simple. You pair up, then you lynch, and then you leave gg ez game ez money. It's a classic. Not to mention there are 0 night actions aside from a kill. So mechanically, there is literally nothing to break.
GTKAS
| here.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:29 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 407, Allomancer wrote:what are the chances of that happening though? scum can always pair with each other if it seems one of them will be forced out
While the coins might actually make a slightly higher incentive for a scum/scum pairing if a scum lady rolled high on coins, I think in general scum try to avoid scum/scum pairings unless doing so would make them look likely to be a top pairing
vote conspiracy
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by Taly »

Shit. I saw I misread Nancy's stance. Sorry.

Making a mental note for when I reevaluate. I need distance from the thread now.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:32 pm

Post by Firebringer »

and all Nancy has to do here is acknowledge people are pushing her and try to understand their push and handle it in an adult fashion by talking it out but at every time she has proclaimed "OHH that's not reason to scumread", or "I don't understand" or "that isn't true". then says shes being unfairly treated while not explaining how she is being unfairly treated except that people push her for things she won't explain are bad and try to keep and open dialogue.

See you either agree with everything Nancy says is true, or you don't and if you don't you are being unfair and are death tunneling for no good reason.

Like a child who says that they were unpunished unfairly while you tell them what you did is wrong but won't acknowledge anything they did as wrong instead ignores it all and puts their hands over ears like you didn't say anything.

This is child behavior.

But if she can't act like a grown up and behave in a way in which we can disagree but still communicate with both of us being respectful of the other, then I don't want her in this game and I am happy she is replacing out. I don't want her to be in here if she continues to act like this. She can take her time out and go. I am not going to try to convince her that what she is doing is wrong because she isn't behaving like an adult right now so doesn't get adult treatment.
Show

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:33 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 586, Krazy wrote:
In post 407, Allomancer wrote:what are the chances of that happening though? scum can always pair with each other if it seems one of them will be forced out
While the coins might actually make a slightly higher incentive for a scum/scum pairing if a scum lady rolled high on coins, I think in general scum try to avoid scum/scum pairings unless doing so would make them look likely to be a top pairing
Mechanicically scum would lose in that case. There are two pairs left and only one scum flip. Both townies in the other pair KNOW that the other remaining pair have to be scum. It’s not rocket science.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:34 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Stop posting if you are replacing out or take out your replacement request. You are confusing players and the mod by still posting.
Show

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:34 pm

Post by FakeGod »

I PM'd this to everyone, but I'll post it here for completion.
In post 134, FakeGod wrote:
In post 132, Alisae wrote:
@Fakegod probably a dumb question but can we talk about the first run of this game?
Sure.
Apologies, I was on mobile and in a middle of something.

You can talk about the last game in general terms if you need to make a specific point or something, but I'd prefer if you guys stay away from bringing up that game if you can.

Thank you.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:36 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 588, Firebringer wrote:and all Nancy has to do here is acknowledge people are pushing her and try to understand their push and handle it in an adult fashion by talking it out but at every time she has proclaimed "OHH that's not reason to scumread", or "I don't understand" or "that isn't true". then says shes being unfairly treated while not explaining how she is being unfairly treated except that people push her for things she won't explain are bad and try to keep and open dialogue.

See you either agree with everything Nancy says is true, or you don't and if you don't you are being unfair and are death tunneling for no good reason.

Like a child who says that they were unpunished unfairly while you tell them what you did is wrong but won't acknowledge anything they did as wrong instead ignores it all and puts their hands over ears like you didn't say anything.

This is child behavior.

But if she can't act like a grown up and behave in a way in which we can disagree but still communicate with both of us being respectful of the other, then I don't want her in this game and I am happy she is replacing out. I don't want her to be in here if she continues to act like this. She can take her time out and go. I am not going to try to convince her that what she is doing is wrong because she isn't behaving like an adult right now so doesn't get adult treatment.
You can scumread me but you have no right to talk down to me like this. Talk about being a freaking hypocrite here.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:37 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Nancy are you replacing or not

Because if you are, you need to stop posting.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:37 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 590, Firebringer wrote:Stop posting if you are replacing out or take out your replacement request. You are confusing players and the mod by still posting.
Stop telling me what to do. You don’t get to order me around!
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:39 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 516, Allomancer wrote:krazy i liked you better last game. You were mixing in reads with your setup spec. this game has just been setup spec and i need some reads from you
last game I felt like I had a plan that I could easily stick to, this time I feel like I need to figure out a plan to deal with what 'feels like' a scumsided setup (actual EV may not be bad)
vote conspiracy
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:40 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 593, Ankamius wrote:Are you and others willing to take the trouble to try to sort me or not?

Because if you aren’t you need to just come right out and admit to it.
FIFY
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:40 pm

Post by Taly »

Final post

Nancy don't be hard on yourself. It's a game but I respect if you're not in the mind to do this. If you want to continue or think you might want to, then take a mental breath.

If you're still here later I'd like to speak with you.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:40 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 535, TheBrie wrote:Allomancer is a little bit lazy.
I'm kinda confused by what this had to do with Dann's post there
vote conspiracy
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:42 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Oh boy.

Firebringer is right even if he wasn't polite about it. You are acting very immature currently, and posting after requesting a replacement is not only incredibly rude, but also says that you're not actually ready to leave.

Plus, if you are not intending to leave, using the replacement request for in game purposes by continuing to post after requesting replacement is just disrespectful to everybody else in the game.

You cannot have it both ways.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”