Anime U-Pick: King Size [SEASON FINALE...?]

Pink Ball
pint-sized powerhouse
 
User avatar
Joined: December 15, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #775  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:36 pm

In post 772, Chito and Yuuri wrote:Chito: Can you expand on Vedith leantown?

Being honest on feeling pressured and I liked SSBF posts were he put a lot of effort to explain what his stances were.

Chito and Yuuri
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 16, 2019
Pronoun: They

Post Post #776  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:45 pm

Chito:

I did not really like this post:

Spoiler:
In post 327, Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:First, Unvote: Toogeloo.

Reasonably Psychotic, may I ask why you have not committed to a vote yet? Even a pressure one would be more useful, especially since you never participated in RVS.

In post 185, Joan of Arc wrote:Also, I am town, so why should I care if I appear scummy or not?

That’s superfluous to bring up. If you didn’t care about how the Town views you, you would have said nothing. The fact that you needed to assert this shows that you do care about how the Town perceives you, which in itself is scummy.

In post 194, Joan of Arc wrote:
In post 192, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 190, Joan of Arc wrote:
In post 189, Near x Mello wrote:even if you cant be lynched if we waste a day on you youre still harming town

~Near


Me? You're the ones doing it by collectively deciding to waste a day on me for no adequately explained reason.

Mmm. I hate this "it's not my fault, it's yours!" mentality with a burning passion. Mostly because I see it used primarily by foul villains.


Phos is not a villain and everyone who says they are will have to answer to me.


Just because she is not a villain does not mean that you are town in this game. Given that this is a Upick game where we did not pick alignments, we cannot assume either way that picking a hero or villain will lead to a town or scum alignment.

In post 145, BulletNLynchproof wrote:By the way based on how hoods are generated this game I don't think any hood is more likely than another to contain scum. In fact, even an all scum hood isn't implausible.


Drixx brought up a good point here, in that you assume more information than town should know in this game.

This post implies that certain hoods do not contain scums and certain ones do but how would you know that unless you had info on what hoods are available in the game? It’s doubtful that a Townie would be able to do anything but assume let alone speculate on an all scum hood.
In post 147, BulletNLynchproof wrote:
In post 64, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 62, Almost50 wrote:OK, so here's a declaration: I won't claim which channel(s) I'm in and won't be posting in them either for the time being. You should all be concerned I could read what you say in your channel(s) without you realizing I'm in it.

[**note, this post has been edited to remove a nested spoiler tag starting here**]Damn, I couldn't have come up with a scummier declaration. Couple that with my RVS vote on myself, and I should be considered the antichrist of the game by all other players already. :twisted:


I had the thought of doing this as well, but I decided to speak in one of them.

Also, I think this is a scummy entrance
UNVOTE: Dunnstral
VOTE: Morality (Flavor Leaf's new account)

Discuss.
How is this post a scummy entrance from Morality? Choosing which hood he wants to speak in is his choice and should not be an indication of alignment. It’s what he posts in the hood he chooses to contribute to that should matter and unless you are in that hood with him, you have no way to tell if the posts resembles town or scum.

In fact, telling us to discuss your supposedly revealing post with no explanation on your part is rather disingenuous seeing as you expect Town to take you at your word instead of selling the prospect of voting for Morality.

VOTE: BulletNLynchproof

This wagon needs more traction. Joan is a close second as far as scum reads are concerned.
In post 244, Toogeloo wrote:Super Smash voted me before I posted in Channel 5.
Robert is voting Near x Mello, that may have also happened before Near made their presence known in Channel 5 as well.

Kind of humorous though that the small group of Channel 5 has 2 votes on each other.
Robert voted for Near x Mello after the later posted on Channel 5.

In post 246, Chito and Yuuri wrote:That make me wonder -- Apathetic town or scum that didn't get excited about their role PM:
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Elena Fisher

What do you guys think? Which out of SSBF and Elena is busy town and which is scum that doesn't like their role PM?
Given that this is a Upick game, which allowed us to pick three choices we want, it stands to reason that no matter what choice we got, we would be excited about our role. My inactivity in this thread until now was due to life being busy, not deliberately avoiding the thread.


Minor things; I often dislike foregrounding an unvote and then throwing up a vote in the middle of a post. It feels like he's trying to play up his changing read of Toog, and minimize the blowback from a push on STK/BNL. Second, I really, really disliked the very end of the post. "it stands to reason that no matter what choice we got, we would be excited about our role" -- this is just complete nonsense. Getting the flavor you want does not at all impact the mechanics of the role you received so this seemed like a really big cop out to me.

and, idk, I just feel like scum is much more likely to want to try to 'get everything in one post' than just be natural, so I don't think making super long posts is really all that townie

Chito and Yuuri
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 16, 2019
Pronoun: They

Post Post #777  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:46 pm

Chito: That being said I'm not really hating your Gamma push, if you can break Jet out of his Gamma read I'm not strongly opposed to not joining you there, but I think I would rather see you join us on Vedith

Chito and Yuuri
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 16, 2019
Pronoun: They

Post Post #778  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:48 pm

Chito: btw if scum kills us n1 I'm gonna be pissed because I am loving the f out of this hydra with yuuri and there aren't a ton of games right now that take hydras

YOU HEAR ME A50! IF YOU WANNA BAIT THE NIGHTKILL THIS GAME YOU GOTTA STEP UP

Pink Ball
pint-sized powerhouse
 
User avatar
Joined: December 15, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #779  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:49 pm

Super long posts are more likely a personality trait than an alignment thing. I was talking about effort, not the length of his posts

p-edit: I won't join a wagon on someone I think will flip town lol. Not at how the gamestate is right now

Chito and Yuuri
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 16, 2019
Pronoun: They

Post Post #780  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:51 pm

Chito: if you're townleaning Smash because of the effort, then shouldn't you be like scumleaning STK? Because otherwise all Smash was doing was putting 'effort' into weak pushes

also I'm just a little bit drunk rn so I might stop posting before yuuri yells at me :P

Pink Ball
pint-sized powerhouse
 
User avatar
Joined: December 15, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #781  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:01 am

In post 780, Chito and Yuuri wrote:Chito: if you're townleaning Smash because of the effort, then shouldn't you be like scumleaning STK? Because otherwise all Smash was doing was putting 'effort' into weak pushes

also I'm just a little bit drunk rn so I might stop posting before yuuri yells at me :P

Ok I get what you're saying now. I don't townread every player who puts effort, that's not what I meant. The way that Smash was doing it felt townie 'cause he was trying to make himself clear and was consistent with his reads. You calling his pushes weak it's your take on him, I don't think they were weak pushes; I think they were legitimate reads from a not so charismatic player.

Spike and Jet
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 18, 2019

Post Post #782  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:06 am

Jet would cede to spike's opinion on gamma as i understand they know each other quite well.
I did like Pink Ball's catch up.

Jet will be V/LA this weekend
so over to spike basically
i could use a break from this game anyway

Spike and Jet
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 18, 2019

Post Post #783  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:08 am

I think the main point against Vedith slot tbh is that SSBF looked like a textbook scum flake out.

Pink Ball
pint-sized powerhouse
 
User avatar
Joined: December 15, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #784  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:10 am

In post 783, Spike and Jet wrote:I think the main point against Vedith slot tbh is that SSBF looked like a textbook scum flake out.

Sounds like something you would use to judge a newbie. It's like judging NicoRobin for lurking.

Spike and Jet
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 18, 2019

Post Post #785  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:20 am

im also not sure this push on us by toog is natural at all
hes dropped all the way down my reads
and i think theres more to it than my natural omgus instinct

mastina
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: October 08, 2016
Location: Between Snohomish and Monroe, WA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #786  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:29 am

In post 762, Chito and Yuuri wrote:Chito: What's your success rate on reading Maria, mastina?
About the same as with most scummers: 60/40. (Keeping in mind that the expected success rate would probably be around 70-80% to be a competent read, making 60% a subpar rating.) I'm not awful at reading her but I'm not the best.

She's not triggering any of my warning signs, though. There's a few warning signs I'd look for; strongly agreeing with her, strongly townreading her, etc.; those are absent. (I'd expect to strongly townread her if she were scum here. I'd also expect to largely agree with her reads here if she were scum here; that is also mostly absent.)

In post 766, Pink Ball wrote:You're using rethorics here to antagonize my points; have you pointed out before that those two are among your strongest townreads, or are you just emphasizing that you disagree with me and that you scumread my slot?
Yes?

In post 769, Pink Ball wrote:By the way, the votecount is AWFUL, what's up with all the vanity votes? Is scum getting caught with that?
VOTE: Gamma Emerald
>Calls out vanity voters.
>Makes a vanity vote.
Seems legit. :cool:

mastina
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: October 08, 2016
Location: Between Snohomish and Monroe, WA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #787  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:32 am

In post 785, Spike and Jet wrote:im also not sure this push on us by toog is natural at all
hes dropped all the way down my reads
and i think theres more to it than my natural omgus instinct
You win some,
In post 782, Spike and Jet wrote:I did like Pink Ball's catch up.
You lose some.

Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 18, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #788  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:40 am

In post 764, Robert2424 wrote:Idk, I havn't seen much of a change with Pink ball or Near.


In post 575, Near x Mello wrote:
In post 572, Robert2424 wrote:While I still suspect Near x Mello

Do you actually suspect us? You said you were policy voting us because of a naked vote.

~Near


You still haven't answered this.

~Near

Dunnstral
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: April 02, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #789  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:03 am

In post 786, mastina wrote:>Calls out vanity voters.
>Makes a vanity vote.
Seems legit.


Here I'll help

VOTE: Gamma Emerald

Robert2424
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 11, 2012
Location: Denver, Co
Pronoun: He

Post Post #790  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:57 am

In post 788, Near x Mello wrote:
In post 764, Robert2424 wrote:Idk, I havn't seen much of a change with Pink ball or Near.


In post 575, Near x Mello wrote:
In post 572, Robert2424 wrote:While I still suspect Near x Mello

Do you actually suspect us? You said you were policy voting us because of a naked vote.

~Near


You still haven't answered this.

~Near

Thought it was obvious but yes.

Vedith
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: June 18, 2015
Location: Surrey
Pronoun: He

Post Post #791  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:38 am

In post 769, Pink Ball wrote:By the way, the votecount is AWFUL, what's up with all the vanity votes? Is scum getting caught with that?

VOTE: Gamma Emerald


Yeah I'm not a fan of the Gamma voting.
He hasn't done anything that's outside of NAI and he's a lazy push.

What I don't get with you Pink Ball is your Gamma read is gut and Mastina you seem to believe/put across that you have a valid Scum read yet vote Gamma.
That's most likely because Gamma is by far the easier lynch of the 2 and gives you a chance tomorrow to just say, well Mastina just isn't paired with Gamma on a town flip.

Infact I read every read of you're as a safety read.
Why's Morality Scumlean for you?
I claim scum \o/

Vedith
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: June 18, 2015
Location: Surrey
Pronoun: He

Post Post #792  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:41 am

In post 775, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 772, Chito and Yuuri wrote:Chito: Can you expand on Vedith leantown?

Being honest on feeling pressured and I liked SSBF posts were he put a lot of effort to explain what his stances were.


My feeling pressured was an out right lie though. I've said this already.
Plus why can't Scum feel pressured and admit it into that same situation?
I claim scum \o/

Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: October 21, 2009
Location: Anywhere but here.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #793  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:48 am

Don't fight it, I feel like you are both town. It's day 1, so any time "odds are" is used as a point of argument, it's completely valid. In fact, it's probably the best scum hunting tool to use on Day 1 to narrow the lunch pool. Don't induce paranoia into the mix just because you can. Literally any argument that can be made for town can be made for scum.

Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: October 21, 2009
Location: Anywhere but here.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #794  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:50 am

Why the hell does auto correct keep changing lynch to lunch? Lynch is a word and shouldn't need to be corrected

Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 18, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #795  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:21 am

In post 790, Robert2424 wrote:
In post 788, Near x Mello wrote:
In post 764, Robert2424 wrote:Idk, I havn't seen much of a change with Pink ball or Near.


In post 575, Near x Mello wrote:
In post 572, Robert2424 wrote:While I still suspect Near x Mello

Do you actually suspect us? You said you were policy voting us because of a naked vote.

~Near


You still haven't answered this.

~Near

Thought it was obvious but yes.


I was asking you to explain why that is.

~Near

Pink Ball
pint-sized powerhouse
 
User avatar
Joined: December 15, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #796  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:41 am

In post 786, mastina wrote:
In post 769, Pink Ball wrote:By the way, the votecount is AWFUL, what's up with all the vanity votes? Is scum getting caught with that?
VOTE: Gamma Emerald
>Calls out vanity voters.
>Makes a vanity vote.
Seems legit. :cool:

Elena is voting Gamma. With my vote, let me get my calculator... Yeah two votes now. Before I voted, there were 7 players with only one vote, one with 5 that I think it's town, one with 3 that it's conftown and one with 2 that had my vote, so no, it's not a vanity vote, it's starting a wagon.

Try again.

Pink Ball
pint-sized powerhouse
 
User avatar
Joined: December 15, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #797  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:44 am

In post 791, Vedith wrote:
In post 769, Pink Ball wrote:By the way, the votecount is AWFUL, what's up with all the vanity votes? Is scum getting caught with that?

VOTE: Gamma Emerald


Yeah I'm not a fan of the Gamma voting.
He hasn't done anything that's outside of NAI and he's a lazy push.

What I don't get with you Pink Ball is your Gamma read is gut and Mastina you seem to believe/put across that you have a valid Scum read yet vote Gamma.
That's most likely because Gamma is by far the easier lynch of the 2 and gives you a chance tomorrow to just say, well Mastina just isn't paired with Gamma on a town flip.

Infact I read every read of you're as a safety read.
Why's Morality Scumlean for you?

"He hasn't done anything that's outside of NAI and he's a lazy push"; first statement has nothing to do with my read on him. I've stated that I've read a lot of his games and I got a clean sheet reading him, so my gut read makes me comfortable. Saying it's a lazy push is your opinion, and I don't respect it 'cause I haven't seen much coming from you to value it.

About why Gamma and not mastina: I'm not getting a mastina lynch on D1. You don't lynch mastina on D1. Have you played with mastina before?

Pink Ball
pint-sized powerhouse
 
User avatar
Joined: December 15, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #798  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:46 am

In post 792, Vedith wrote:
In post 775, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 772, Chito and Yuuri wrote:Chito: Can you expand on Vedith leantown?

Being honest on feeling pressured and I liked SSBF posts were he put a lot of effort to explain what his stances were.


My feeling pressured was an out right lie though. I've said this already.
Plus why can't Scum feel pressured and admit it into that same situation?

Doesn't matter if it was a lie, since you admitted it was a lie when people like A50 townread you for it makes it even more townie. Are you not liking me townreading you?

Morality
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 04, 2017

Post Post #799  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:47 am

In post 791, Vedith wrote:
In post 769, Pink Ball wrote:By the way, the votecount is AWFUL, what's up with all the vanity votes? Is scum getting caught with that?

VOTE: Gamma Emerald


Yeah I'm not a fan of the Gamma voting.
He hasn't done anything that's outside of NAI and he's a lazy push.

What I don't get with you Pink Ball is your Gamma read is gut and Mastina you seem to believe/put across that you have a valid Scum read yet vote Gamma.
That's most likely because Gamma is by far the easier lynch of the 2 and gives you a chance tomorrow to just say, well Mastina just isn't paired with Gamma on a town flip.

Infact I read every read of you're as a safety read.
Why's Morality Scumlean for you?


Probably because I’m a lurk sack. I haven’t had the time to catch up.

Low energy ping on whoever is scum reading me for inactivity. All I’mve done is my BNL push, which I’be explained very heavily. Even if I’m wrong, I feel like from what there was to go on at the point it was made, it was a good starting point.
“DON’T GET BOGGED DOWN IN HIS SWAMP OF WIFOM!” - Chip Butty to guiltied Scum Morality. Spoiler, they sunk.

Just Another Boonskiies Alt
Modding - A Death Note Series - Resistance-Like Mafia Games

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Large Theme Games