[FEBRUARY CHALLENGE] Voting!

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:54 am

Post by BuJaber »

Guidance4 Mafia Goons (compulsive NK)
8 Town Co-Jailkeeper (compulsive)

Before the game starts the mod will randomly split the players into pairs in a way that satisfies the following conditions:
- Mafia cannot be paired with other mafia
- Each player must be paired with exactly one other player.

This is done twice, first time to assign each player's guide, and the second time to assign each player's guidee. So each player will dictate the targets of another player and have a player who will dictate their own targets. The guide/guidee may or may not be the same person.

In each player's role PM they will be told who their guidee is, but not who is guiding their own actions.

A guide chooses a target for their guidee's night action. This includes both the town's jailkeeping ability and the mafia's factional kill (if the goon being guided is the one performing the kill).

Choosing a target for your guidee is optional. If any action is attempted without being guided by another player the action will fail.

Players whose action has failed either through jailkeeping or by having no guide are not told that their action has failed.

The act of choosing a target for your guidee is never blocked.

Mafia have daytalk.

The entire town can choose to never dictate targets for their guidees in which case the game effectively becomes nightless.
Wayward Bullets is in signups!

"
Usually I’m not big on puns, but I like the cut of your jib
"- Pine
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:29 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 40, Jingle wrote:Hmm... What happens when a person is lynched? Does the ring shrink or is that person's guidee vanilla?

And how is the pairing determined? Is it forced to be one circle or can two separate loops form?
The pairings only occur once pre-game. So if someone is lynched their guidee becomes vanilla. They won't know though because that information wouldn't be revealed in the flip. It is possible therefore for scum to effectively have no nightkill depending on who dies when. Balance wise I think it shouldn't be a big deal given the high number of scum. If I come up with a more elegant approach I'll change this though.

I'm not sure I understand the 2nd question. But the guide pairing is independent from the guidee pairing. A player could have two different players or the same player. In other words player A guides player B. Player B may guide player A or may guide player C. You just can't have:
-mafia guiding mafia
-one player guiding two players
-two players guiding the same player

I'm sure someone smarter than me has a better way of randomizing it but the easiest way I came up with is to randomize the playerlist normally, then number them 1-12, where players 1-4 are scum and then you pair 1 with 12, 2 with 11 etc. That's one pairing. Then randomize just the townies (no. 5-12), re-number them, and pair the whole list again the same way.

"
"- Pine
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:28 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 43, Jingle wrote:First, you only have to pair once. If Player A guides Player B, Player B is guided by player A.
If you only paired once wouldn't that guarantee that all guidance is mutual? If player A guides player B I want there to be a chance that player B guides plyer A or someone else. So the pairing is only one way, but you do it twice to get both guide and guidee assigned.

"
"- Pine
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:52 am

Post by BuJaber »

Yes indeed I did work on revision of my setup at some point, but since I submitted I haven't followed up on the thread at all.

I wouldn't mind being left out of this one because I couldn't put in the time to revise my setup.

Else I will try to rank the setups as soon as I can.

"
"- Pine

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”