Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:51 am

Post by Firebringer »

@ank don't worry about vedith I am going to put him in his place whether he likes it or not. and if he tries to threaten me with another leave, he is going to be disappointed.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Dr Worm
Dr Worm
NOT A REAL DOCTOR
Dr Worm
NOT A REAL DOCTOR
NOT A REAL DOCTOR

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:52 am

Post by Dr Worm »

In post 733, Taly wrote:
In post 688, Dr Worm wrote:KRAZY ALLOWMANSTER and FREEBRANGER are TOWN-TOWN IN MY MIND AND HEART
Explain this, and find better material than
Nancy
SORY I missed this but JUST SAW IT mentioned in your LAST POST

KRAZY - much EFFORT to SETUP spec to the POINT it LOOKS FAKE and SCUM is scared to appear LIKE THIS
ALLOMASTER - SINCERE and reading EVRYTHING w/o picking at DUMB SUPERFICIAL STUFF
FURBRANGER - taking STANCES and making himself a TARGET for NO PERCEIVABLE SCUM BENEFIT
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:52 am

Post by Taly »

In post 880, Krazy wrote:Following along from that logic, I would like to dance with Taly.

I think this is a good pairing for the following reasons:
-I like Taly and think I would work well with him
-I think that if I can solidify my townread in the PT in dance 1 and if we are still alive in dance 2, we can work well in solving the game
-We are not both universally townread so if scum opted to kill us, they would be providing useful information for the town

Since the logic of "let's fuck around with claiming coins" no longer really has a lot of merit given firebringer/vedith pairing and the risks that imposes, I'm going to submit the request. Taly can consider at her leisure if she would like to accept it, when she wakes up.
yeah. i pretty much agree on all these points.

with your strategizing at the beginning of the game, i trust that you wont do random stupid shit randomly with a vote, and that you'll value my opinion.

i want mod to answer my question before i think further
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:53 am

Post by Allomancer »

In post 726, Taly wrote:
In post 679, Allomancer wrote:Okay I think Nancy's replacement is more likely to come from scum than town. Hear me out on this.
So I come from a heavy background of face-to-face mafia. And when I play that, if I'm town and someone accuses me of being mafia, my attitude is more "I'm not mafia, so I can prove this." I don't really get frustrated, maybe a bit annoyed, but not frustrated. But when I'm scum and someone accuses me, I'm more like, "oh shit, they figured me out, I might as well give up now" and then I get frustrated with the game because it seems hopeless.
That being said, Nancy's attitude about replacement obviously falls into the latter category, which leads me to believe she's scum. A town person I don't think would get quite as frustrated; they would be more willing to prove that they're town.
1)
You're comparing forum mafia to face-to-face mafia...
Your argument here is already fragile.
I get it, but it's the best I have. That's where most of my experience comes from, so I have to use what I have.
2)
You stating "town would be more willing to prove they're town" is both false and ignores people's individual playstyle.
I think it's perfectly logical.
3)
Why are you continuing the
"
Nancy
is scum"
narrative and not talking about potential partners right now?
Because we should be sorting people before making matches, which is a strategy literally EVERYONE seems to be ignoring and is really pissing me off.
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

"This might be the worst hydra I've seen in all of mafiascum history."—
T-bone

"idk, you don't feel like an easy mislynch"—
Creature
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:53 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1115, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1111, Allomancer wrote:
In post 1098, Firebringer wrote:hey vedith, I am going to leave ur ass at the start of tomorrow if u don't get ur act together.
pls do. vedith and worm are both either scum or policy lynches that really need to happen for us to have any hope of understanding what's going on
See this is lazy. If you want to push for policy lynches fine but you can’t honestly tell me you’re getting anything alignment indicative out of worm’s posting

Then again, I can’t put myself through continuing to read his posts either
To add to this, I will readily leave Dr Worm behind in the pre-dance because I don’t think his slot will ever be sortable or helpful even if he’s town. However, scum reading him just so you can add him to your lists of scum reads pings me, particularly when I already think you have lazy reads (see Vedith)
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:53 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 0, FakeGod wrote:During the pre-dance, a GENTLEMAN can ask a LADY to the dance in thread. Each LADY can accept only one dance proposal.
At the end of the pre-dance, any player who doesn't have a dance partner will be asked to leave the dance. (death)
Each dance pair will then become Lovers, and they will be given a private topic to discuss the game.
The order answers your question, Taly
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:55 am

Post by Allomancer »

In post 1126, Dr Worm wrote:KRAZY - much EFFORT to SETUP spec to the POINT it LOOKS FAKE and SCUM is scared to appear LIKE THIS
That's just playstyle though. More analytical players will be more likely to setup spec, whereas social players will focus on reads. You can't form a read on someone because of that unless they completely ignore one side of the equation.
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:55 am

Post by Allomancer »

In post 1129, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1098, Firebringer wrote:hey vedith, I am going to leave ur ass at the start of tomorrow if u don't get ur act together.
pls do. vedith and worm are both either scum or policy lynches that really need to happen for us to have any hope of understanding what's going on
See this is lazy. If you want to push for policy lynches fine but you can’t honestly tell me you’re getting anything alignment indicative out of worm’s posting

To add to this, I will readily leave Dr Worm behind in the pre-dance because I don’t think his slot will ever be sortable or helpful even if he’s town. However, scum reading him just so you can add him to your lists of scum reads pings me, particularly when I already think you have lazy reads (see Vedith)
Gut read =/= lazy read
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:56 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1120, Ankamius wrote:Taly I'm seeing one of the primary town markers I see now so I'm at the point where I'm just going to put her in her own category and never revisit it again because it's really a lot more trouble than it's worth this game
:lol:

I didn’t know having a hangover makes me more townie. I still don’t understand your reasons for either scumreading nor townreading me and I’m probably too nauseous to be able to understand it, if I couldn’t yesterday.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:57 am

Post by Firebringer »

I haven't eaten in 3 days and I think its starting to fuck with my mind here.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:58 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1125, Firebringer wrote:@ank don't worry about vedith I am going to put him in his place whether he likes it or not. and if he tries to threaten me with another leave, he is going to be disappointed.
OK well are you certain of this

Because you're playing with fire here
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:59 am

Post by Allomancer »

As for my read on worm: the weird posting style is antitown but not scum. However, we have repeatedly told him this and he refuses to change it, just stating "I'm trying to get better" without changing anything. It's gotten to the point where it feels contrived rather than stylistic. What does town have to gain from that? Okay, maybe I'm wrong, maybe he is just a troll, but then he just deserves to be taught the lesson that actions have consequences, and a lynch is the best way to do that.
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:00 am

Post by Taly »

In post 1123, Allomancer wrote:
In post 1108, Taly wrote:It's funny that you say Pink's reads are incredibly bad... yet you haven't really elaborated much on yours since 159
The reads are bad because they are dumb reads, not because they have dumb reasoning. I couldn't care less about the reasoning. Also if you expect me to explain my reads you're in for a long game.
Also; I don't know why you're injecting yourself into my question toward Dr. Worm in 740 when I posed a question to him about his reads.
Oh I'm sorry. I didn't realize we can't post reads and comment on other conversations. I was under the impression this thread was for the benefit of the entire town, but I guess I was wrong.
But since you want to talk about yours, how about you go in depth on your Krazy null-read? He's been very active, so I don't know why you're on the fence with him.
I don't really know how to sort him; now that you say this, I'll go check his ISO again and form a read. Also 740 was quite a bit ago.
One final thing... My questions and assessments in 726 and 314 were not rhetorical... While you have 'replied' to them, I don't think you've really addressed any of their points.
314 was toward Nancy, not me. According to your own logic I shouldn't be inserting myself there. I'll go check 726 again, I must've missed it originally. We are all human.

1)
...So...
Pink's
reads are bad because they're dumb and you don't agree with them? That's the logic I'm getting here, since you just refused to explain your own, as
Pink
hadn't done so.

2)
Never said you couldn't respond to my questions... Just don't know why you were replying to my
Dr. Worm
question and not the posts I've made explicitly about you.

3)
I'll wait for the ISO on
Krazy
then. Since I have several strong reasons to rationalize that he's town.

4)
Yeah... was toward
Nancy
and not you, but:
A)
It was about you.
B)
You replied to only one minor point about it in ... so you must've deemed it relevant enough to respond to it in the first place.

p-edited by Allomancer's

Eh... I'm not convinced by your
nancy
scumread then, and I feel confident in her town.

It's not perfectly logical to think
"all town should be willing to prove they're town"
if that's not realistic on how people play...

What strategy are people ignoring? Everyone is giving reads and updating them as the game continues, and only ONE match has been made yet. So I don't see a cause for concern right now.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:01 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1135, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1125, Firebringer wrote:@ank don't worry about vedith I am going to put him in his place whether he likes it or not. and if he tries to threaten me with another leave, he is going to be disappointed.
OK well are you certain of this

Because you're playing with fire here
Trust me. I have more power over vedith here.
Vedith doesn't realize but i have left every dance partner in this game, remember?
He is going to have to behave if he doesn't want me to leave him.

His idle threats of leaving me is funny though. :)
Show

Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:02 am

Post by Taly »

In post 1120, Ankamius wrote:Taly I'm seeing one of the primary town markers I see now so I'm at the point where I'm just going to put her in her own category and never revisit it again because it's really a lot more trouble than it's worth this game
Egh... What is this town marker and why is it so much of a problem to revisit me?

I don't like being shelved.
In post 1122, Ankamius wrote:End of predance, Taly
ty <3

also, did you respond to my in ? If you have... I might've overlooked over the constant bullshit convo in the thread.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:05 am

Post by Taly »

Is it wise to pair now? hmmmm...

though
Krazy
is still my best lover option, even as ive formed a read over half of the people in the game.

what is a lady to do?
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:06 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1129, Dannflor wrote:

Feeling better about Dann and worse about Allo.

He isn’t really making an effort to really sort anyone. All of his reads just read surfacey to me. Worm is just a troll and antitown af but that doesn’t necessarily make him scum but he might as well be, since almost all of his posts are unreadable.

I need more content from DT. But I don’t think any ladies should accept an offer from Allo. Only blind ladies, should accept an offer from Worm. :lol:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:07 am

Post by Taly »

nancy
im up for girl talk

even tho there is a good chance im going to sign off in 5 minutes
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:09 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1139, Taly wrote:
Egh... What is this town marker and why is it so much of a problem to revisit me?

I don't like being shelved.
In post 1122, Ankamius wrote:End of predance, Taly
ty <3

also, did you respond to my in ? If you have... I might've overlooked over the constant bullshit convo in the thread.
I'm referring to Nancy
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:10 am

Post by Taly »

oh that makes sense

why are you shelving
nancy
? and why is it a problem to revisit them?
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:11 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1142, Taly wrote:
nancy
im up for girl talk

even tho there is a good chance im going to sign off in 5 minutes
Why couldn’t you and PB be gents? :cry:

Sure, Vedith broke my heart and Krazy is about to do the same. So far, the only (unpaired) gents I feel good about are Krazy, RC and starting to warm up a bit to Dann.

You?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:11 am

Post by Ankamius »

Because there's really no point in pushing her regardless of her alignment, that's going to do more to derail the game than anything else
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:12 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1136, Allomancer wrote:As for my read on worm: the weird posting style is antitown but not scum. However, we have repeatedly told him this and he refuses to change it, just stating "I'm trying to get better" without changing anything. It's gotten to the point where it feels contrived rather than stylistic. What does town have to gain from that? Okay, maybe I'm wrong, maybe he is just a troll, but then he just deserves to be taught the lesson that actions have consequences, and a lynch is the best way to do that.
Aside from worm and Vedith, who do you scum read? Nancy?
In post 1141, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Only blind ladies, should accept an offer from Worm.
Maybe aside from blind and deaf ladies
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:15 am

Post by Taly »

@Nancy

RC
and
Dann
are the only 2 people I'd entertain accepting right now

but I think my most optimal choice is
Krazy
, and... I'm literally about to accept it, but I'm gun-shy.

I'll probably get over it, but my gut is telling me to self-preserve at the moment, yet there's no logical reason to do so it seems.
Ankamius wrote:Because there's really no point in pushing her regardless of her alignment, that's going to do more to derail the game than anything else
who else has your attention the most right now?
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:15 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1147, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1141, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Only blind ladies, should accept an offer from Worm.
Maybe aside from blind and deaf ladies
We don’t have to LISTEN to his posts.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”