Micro 845: The Room Odds - Game Over

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #43  (isolation #0)  » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:08 am

In post 16, Plotinus wrote:Since the rooms stay open for the whole game, it is optimal to create as many as possible.

Why is that optimal?

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #44  (isolation #1)  » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:11 am

In post 23, tris wrote:Mostly to make a wagon. I also was interested in your assigning scum points to Flavor Leaf's post. I doesn't seem scummy to me, so I was interested in knowing why you thought so. Of course, the more direct way to do that would be to ask you, but I felt like putting a naked vote to make a wagon instead and see what happens.

Don't you find Flavor's post to be self-conscious? Scum start the game thinking about themselves. Town start the game thinking about everyone else.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #45  (isolation #2)  » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:14 am

In post 34, Plotinus wrote:now that that's hammered: get a room: persival, gamma emerald, dunnstral

Can someone explain to me why setting random neighborhoods is beneficial?

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #46  (isolation #3)  » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:15 am

In post 41, Dunnstral wrote:Kind of feels strange that us 3 are getting shoved into a room that none of us asked for, without any logic behind it beyond "everybody should be in a room"

^This

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #52  (isolation #4)  » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:31 am

In post 47, Plotinus wrote:I've modded a bunch of games with this mechanic. It's optimal for town to have places to work together out of scum's eyes, and you can scumhunt people in private differently from you can scumhunt them in public.

I get that, but randomly assigning rooms before people have had a chance to form town reads doesn't accomplish that.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #55  (isolation #5)  » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:21 am

I don't have a problem with the room being created. I want to understand the mindset of the people pushing them.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #61  (isolation #6)  » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:26 pm

Dunn, wanna be roomies?

VOTE: Flavor

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #72  (isolation #7)  » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:40 pm

In post 65, Flavor Leaf wrote:I just sheeped onto the plan. Did we hit 2 scum with the three? Is it you and Dunn?

That would make sense why you were the only one sketched out about the room idea.

If I were scum I'd love a 2/3 room - would likely be pretty easy to pocket the townie.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #75  (isolation #8)  » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:44 pm

In post 67, Flavor Leaf wrote:I’m the most genuine scum player on site. I’m far more self concious and self aware as town.

I also have a proven record of playing drastically different from everyone else on site.

If you say so... :roll:

This is scummy.

Why would you expect someone who's never played with you before (and never even heard about you until a few days ago) to guess that you're a unique player and judge you according to some special set of rules?

p-edit: it's a general comment, nothing about you in particular.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #88  (isolation #9)  » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:13 pm

In post 76, Flavor Leaf wrote:I have played with you before. -.-
Boonskiies

As I didn't know that - point remains.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #103  (isolation #10)  » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:50 pm

In post 89, Ruby Red wrote:i guess it's like exactly what i was talking about for SS being town but the opposite. feels like he cares more about micromanaging it than anything else

not inherently scummy but not the towny "lol let's just get a pt"

You've got it backwards. I didn't question people who were like lol let's just get a PT. I questioned plot for pushing a structured rollout of rooms, and even assigning people to them. IOW, I was questioning the person who actually was trying to micromanage the mechanic.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #106  (isolation #11)  » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:09 pm

In post 105, Ruby Red wrote:
In post 103, Persivul wrote:You've got it backwards. I didn't question people who were like lol let's just get a PT. I questioned plot for pushing a structured rollout of rooms, and even assigning people to them. IOW, I was questioning the person who actually was trying to micromanage the mechanic.

i never said you questioned people who just lolpicked

imo plot wasn't really trying to micromanage so much as just encouraging the rooms in the first place

like this post shows a clear difference in mindset:
In post 52, Persivul wrote:
In post 47, Plotinus wrote:I've modded a bunch of games with this mechanic. It's optimal for town to have places to work together out of scum's eyes, and you can scumhunt people in private differently from you can scumhunt them in public.

I get that, but randomly assigning rooms before people have had a chance to form town reads doesn't accomplish that.

plot just wants rooms, you want rooms with a specific point / purpose

Huh? Plot wants rooms with a specific purposes: "for town to have places to work together out of scum's eyes,: and to "scumhunt people in private differently from you can scumhunt them in public."

I agree with the first, and am pointing out that it makes sense to, you know - actually have somewhat of a town read on someone before getting in a room with them for secret scum hunting. That's why I invited Dunn, as he was asking the same questions as I was.

I really don't agree with the second point.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #108  (isolation #12)  » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:12 pm

In post 107, Flavor Leaf wrote:Pretty sure you’re misrepping Plot there. He literally asked who wanted a room.

He literally assigned me to a room.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #111  (isolation #13)  » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

In post 110, Flavor Leaf wrote:And then he unvoted it the second issues rose up from it.

Yep. After he literally assigned people to a room and got push back on it, he unvoted.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #113  (isolation #14)  » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:40 pm

In post 16, Plotinus wrote:Since the rooms stay open for the whole game, it is optimal to create as many as possible. We should do one batch of 4 rooms now, then another batch of 4 rooms when the post restrictions expire, and then a final room when those post restrictions expire.

A person can only get two rooms per day phase.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #115  (isolation #15)  » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:45 pm

In post 114, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 113, Persivul wrote:
In post 16, Plotinus wrote:Since the rooms stay open for the whole game, it is optimal to create as many as possible. We should do one batch of 4 rooms now, then another batch of 4 rooms when the post restrictions expire, and then a final room when those post restrictions expire.

A person can only get two rooms per day phase.


That’s why it’s two sets of batches. Everyone gets two.

Looks like three to me.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #117  (isolation #16)  » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:49 pm

Flavor, we should get a room to discuss this. Oh yeah, we can't, because you LOL'd into one with no purpose.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #120  (isolation #17)  » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:50 pm

In post 116, Flavor Leaf wrote:It’s 5 rooms per day, not 4. So it’s 2.

OK, he was thinking only 2-person rooms at that time, so the final room was for the odd people out.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #121  (isolation #18)  » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:51 pm

In post 118, Flavor Leaf wrote:I’m wrong. Idk where I got the 5 from.

Actually I think you're right, if only by accident - see above.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #123  (isolation #19)  » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:03 pm

In post 122, Something_Smart wrote:Everything I do is for a purpose.

OK, apparently you guys don't fit Ruby's lol let's do it model any more than I do. Personally I think it's best to have a purpose to what you do in a game. Not sure why that's an issue for Red.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #177  (isolation #20)  » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:48 am

In post 154, tris wrote:@Persivul is your vote on Flavor just based on his first post or has his further content reinforced it?

There's more:

- calls me scummy for applying a standard read technique to him because he's a unique snowflake and it doesn't apply to him. I don't know him. Why would he find it scummy that I'm analyzing him like that? I could understand if he said That doesn't apply to me, check my meta and you'll see. But there's no reason to find me scummy for it. He's apparently a BSD. If I'm scum and he's town, why would I pick a fight with him early?

- Oh yeah, I just said the guy's scummy, I better vote him.

But then there's - "I’m overreacting. I realize that. I just got a little triggered from actually putting thought into the thread, then seeing the Persovul comments." That seems more like something an overreacting town would say. Scum would probably feel the need to stay the course at least for awhile. But if he's as good a scum player as he says, that's something he might do.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #178  (isolation #21)  » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:51 am

In post 168, Plotinus wrote:Clemency in 5 minutes I want to hear

Wow clem, I would have said Fuck you to that.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #183  (isolation #22)  » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:28 am

In post 179, Clemency wrote:how come?

Cause plot was acting like you're his bitch.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #209  (isolation #23)  » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:47 am

In post 192, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'd take a room with Clemency tbh

Why?

In our room, you asked three questions. You got answers. Then, when asked for your own thoughts, you dodged, saying that you've lost interest in mafia because you have other things going on.

Now you want a new room right away.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #216  (isolation #24)  » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:28 am

In post 215, Plotinus wrote:I'm going to assume they just don't care that much.

I'm too busy IRL to be in a dozen neighborhoods. If I knew that would be expected, I wouldn't have signed up for this game. The setup language - "if players are engaging in an annoying argument or if you just want a neighbourhood with your friends" - certainly doesn't indicate that.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #217  (isolation #25)  » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:37 am

VOTE: Plotinus

From the room, 3 days ago:

[Redacted - do not quote from PTs]

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #220  (isolation #26)  » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:53 pm

In post 217, Persivul wrote:VOTE: Plotinus

From the room, 3 days ago:

[Redacted - do not quote from PTs]

Not sure why I can't quote myself, but anyway:

I was asked what I thought of plot. To paraphrase, I said:

- His first post is bad. I get using rooms for a reason. But, just making rooms to make rooms eventually sows confusion, and that benefits scum.

- Then I noted that I didn't like the reason given for the dunn vote in because:

- It's not unusual for people to talk about novel mechanics at the start of a game.
- In , plot then addresses me and doesn't show suspicion, when I had expressed the same thoughts about rooms as dunn did.
- Again in 141 - "I am excited about the opportunity to apply graph theory to this coordination problem but we could scumhunt instead." But at that point, plot had mostly been talking about mechanics and had done very little scum hunting.

Then in - "Clemency, you've disappeared. What are your reads?" This struck me as plot thinking Oh yeah, I haven't been scum hunting either, better throw some in.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #223  (isolation #27)  » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:18 pm

In post 221, tris wrote:I don't understand this part. Why would making a bunch of rooms sow confusion?

- I'd want to compare and contrast what a person said in a single room with me to what they say in a room with a third person and in the general thread. As threads multiply, that's got to get difficult.

- I would think that all these rooms would eventually lead to cases of he said/she said. Personally I think three person rooms are good for that reason. Unless two scum get in, what happens can be verified.

I didn't mention it in the previous post, but I also think the rooms tend to create apathy in the main thread. It's gotten pretty slow.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #224  (isolation #28)  » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:20 pm

In post 221, tris wrote:I don't understand this part.

What do you think of the other parts?

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #247  (isolation #29)  » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:50 am

In post 236, Ruby Red wrote:i signed up for a game of mafia not matchmaking simulator 2019

Yep.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #248  (isolation #30)  » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:53 am

In post 226, tris wrote:I guess I'll VOTE: Plotinus

In post 227, tris wrote:UNVOTE: Plotinus

I've got a reply from him, but I think I should let him speak for himself in here.

You're not at all suspicious that he replied so quickly after your vote?

Can you see that from my POV you look like you just got pocketed by scum?

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #249  (isolation #31)  » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:55 am

In post 240, tris wrote:@Persivul. Would you agree or disagree with the assertion that you are more prickly as scum.

Disagree.

Why do you ask? Did someone tell you that secretly? If so, why don't they confront me publicly?

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #268  (isolation #32)  » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:03 am

In post 257, Plotinus wrote:Get a Room: Plotinus, Flavour Leaf
Point 1: Across the games that I've moderated with this setup, 70% of scum players complained in public about rooms. Town were usually enthusiastic about them or at least neutral, though a few townies struggled to keep up if they were in fewer rooms than most people.

Is the scum team {pers, dunn, ruby}?

If not, you're using a stat disingenuously to push me, probably because I made a case on you to which you haven't responded.

Point 2: Selective listening: When Persivul is trying to smear somebody and it turns out that his point is false, he completely ignores this information. For example, in -, he ignores the clarification that Clemency's post restriction was 5 minutes away from expiring when I made that comment, so what I and Clemency understood my comment to mean was "I don't expect an answer in the next five minutes, but when you're free to talk about, please tell me..."

Except that had nothing to do with my case on you. I just think your attitude and wording was rude.

He also continues to act like it's scummy that I'm pushing rooms when I've clarified multiple times that having modded this setup gives me insight into what the best strategy for town is. He has to do this because he knows that rooms are making it harder for him to control the game as scum. He's not trying to find out the truth, he's just trying to push his agenda.

Continues to act like it's scummy? I made one point about your push for rooms being scummy: "His first post is bad. I get using rooms for a reason. But, just making rooms to make rooms eventually sows confusion, and that benefits scum."

Note that I was paraphrasing an argument that I had made several days previously in a room, and that referred to your first post on rooms. My main reason for scum reading you is your push on Dunn, as is apparent in that post.

After you clarified your reasoning on rooms, I actually agreed with you in part: "Huh? Plot wants rooms with a specific purposes: "for town to have places to work together out of scum's eyes,: and to "scumhunt people in private differently from you can scumhunt them in public."

I agree with the first,"

So, you're misrepping me when you act as if I'm inflexible in my assessment of your position on rooms.

Point 3: Tone. Persivul tends to use a different tone when he's town than when he's scum.

Do you have examples?

I had both a town game and a scum game end yesterday:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77928
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=78139

Please, show how my tone in this game is clearly the same as my tone in the scum game, and clearly different from the tone in the town game.

I've been a little nasty in this game. Anyone who bothers to read these is going to see I wasn't like that at all in the scum game, but did show some snark in the town game.

So, either your memory is bad, your meta is out of date, or you're just making things up because I'm pushing you.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #269  (isolation #33)  » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:31 am

In post 260, Clemency wrote:yeah i'll follow this logic

Go back and read Mini Normal 2044, which we played together as town. Check my tone there. You'll see me saying things like I think your vote is lazy af, he spams games with a ton of fluff in a thousand one-line posts, etc. You won't see things like that in the scum game above. You do see that kind of tone in this game.

So...why do you follow that logic?

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #274  (isolation #34)  » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:26 am

In post 271, Clemency wrote:idk 2044 felt a lot different in my opinion

Of course it felt different - we were all participating in one thread. If you compare this game to the town and scum games I linked above, you'll find that this one feels different from both of those as well. This game is different from most games. The relevant question is, is my tone in this game closer to my tone in town games, or my tone in scum games? Another possibility is that my tone isn't AI at all.

You should also consider scum motivations for my play in this game. What's the motivation for scum!persivul to pick a fight with a town leader*, and to proactively make a push on that person? There is none. A scum I'd NK plot, not make a risky and unnecessary early D1 push.

*Make no mistake that plot has set himself up as a town leader. If scum pulls that off, it's game over, particularly with the lack of investigatives in this setup. That's part of why I'm vetting plot now.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #277  (isolation #35)  » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:11 am

In post 272, Plotinus wrote:I read the games and I think "I think your vote is lazy af" isn't particularly mean. I think Persivul's tone here is more like what I would expect for him as scum.

OK, what did you think about these from my town game (emphasis added):
In post 300, Persivul wrote:
In post 294, Almost50 wrote:I wouldn't call it a tactical replace out seeing as it's done very early and before anything develops in the game.

Then just STFU about it.

In post 480, Persivul wrote:
In post 477, Xtoxm wrote:Pers. You've posted enough that I feel like I should have got something town from you. What's your vote on springtap about?

Three things:
- he hasn't done any scum hunting, as I've noted
- partially just a "Fuck you" to
- I feel pretty good about it because Una, who's one of my townier reads, later voted there for awhile.

In post 747, Persivul wrote:
In post 687, Chateau Lobby wrote:Awws.
That feeling when
Your night
Action
Pays
Off.

More like:

That sick feeling when
You reconsider your result and
Realize you fucked up
and
Just outed yourself as a PR
For no good reason.

In post 796, Persivul wrote:
In post 793, Chateau Lobby wrote:100%

You're also 100%...asshole.

In post 1213, Persivul wrote:
In
[quote="In post 1509, Persivul wrote:
In post 1506, Not_Mafia wrote:Why are we not lynching Gamma?

Why are you so useless?

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #280  (isolation #36)  » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:35 am

In post 272, Plotinus wrote:It's true that the games I was thinking of were older because I haven't played in a while and neither has Persivul. But off the top of my head, wifom city, friends and enemies, Evolution mafia, Mexican standoff. I'll be the first to admit that those games were a long time ago, and the difference isn't as pronounced between your latest two games, though I do think it's there. Maybe your last scum game wasn't as frustrating as this one.

It's not a matter of being snarky; I like a bit of snark as much anyone. Your snark has a little more barbed when you're scum. That's all.

Here's a game from that time period in which I was town:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=64679
You were in this game (in a hydra).
A couple quotes (it won't let me use the quote function, so I'll just C&P relevant text):

Pussy. Respond to it yourself.

Ends of the earth? Are you lying, or just prone to hyperbole? I voted you in 129 and followed up in 141. Where the fuck do you get ends of the earth from those two posts?

Are you fucking insane?

Likewise. I don't know if it's a language issue or if you're just a fucking idiot, but talking with you is painful.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #282  (isolation #37)  » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:45 am

In post 281, Clemency wrote:now it just sounds like you're forcing it

How am I supposed to respond to a charge that I'm nasty as scum, if not by showing counterexamples?

There, I showed a game in which I was town and nasty.

I could also show a game from that time in which I was scum, yet calm and polite. Would that also be "forcing it"?

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #306  (isolation #38)  » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:04 pm

In post 286, tris wrote:@Persivul What do you think of players other than Plotinus?

Dunn - lean town, both from PT and main content.
You - town. Was saying this privately pretty early. Plot's a name, so I didn't think you'd ask for a room with him if you were scum. Plus, since then, you've had both pros and cons to say about him.
Clem - quiet and guarded relative to other games I've seen him in.
Gamma - I always have difficulty with gamma. Hate to say it but I don't think she's a great player, and I have to separate poor play from scummy play. She frequently misinterprets things I say, to the point I can't tell if she's strategically misrepping me, or just not understanding. That said, I don't like that she was asking questions in the PT but not giving anything herself - struck me as gathering ammo rather than trying to solve.
SS - hasn't said much in main. In his few posts he has poked at people, and hasn't jumped on a wagon, so that's good.
Ruby - I've never seen him this quiet, and I don't know what to make of it.

What do you think about everyone?

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #307  (isolation #39)  » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:08 pm

In post 299, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 259, Flavor Leaf wrote:@Gamma - What’s going on your PT?

Which one?

Why ask this? Why not just answer? You're in two, and one hasn't had activity since Sunday, so it's pretty easy: Nothing in one, _____ in the other.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #308  (isolation #40)  » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:14 pm

In post 300, Gamma Emerald wrote:I was townreading Persivul by hood posting but his response here killed that
Especially the first part, scum don’t have to be in that set for one scum to complain about rooms being set up. That’s some very blatantly wrong logic.

Do you understand the logic?

Plot identified three people who had complained about the rooms, and said that in his experience modding scum tend to complain about the rooms. It's reasonable for me to then ask why I'm the only one being pushed, and why the other two in the list aren't also scum (I forgot at the time it's a micro and was thinking of a standard mini 3p team). Plot seemed to understand the point, and responed that yes, dunn is his other main scum read.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #309  (isolation #41)  » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:15 pm

In post 301, Gamma Emerald wrote:Why are people suspecting Clem, and also Ruby, why do you think the team is me and Clem?

You're in a room with clem. What have you gotten from that?

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #310  (isolation #42)  » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:22 pm

In post 303, Plotinus wrote:Pers, okay, you were a jerk in ClownTardis, too. I'm not arguing that you are 100% jerk as scum and 100% angel as town, that would be ridiculous.

What exactly are you arguing regarding tone?

I provide counter examples to what you seem to be saying, but you say no, it's too subtle for that. You sound like scum pushing an agenda and moving the goalposts so that it's unfalsifiable, or town who's confbiasing.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #327  (isolation #43)  » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:11 pm

In post 325, tris wrote:
In post 306, Persivul wrote:SS - hasn't said much in main. In his few posts he has poked at people, and hasn't jumped on a wagon, so that's good.

Why is it good that he hasn't joined a wagon?

Hasn't jumped on a wagon. There's a difference between jumping on a wagon just because, and joining a wagon for stated reasons.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #331  (isolation #44)  » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:02 am

15 hours left. I'll be around off and on for about the next 11 hours.

VOTE: Gamma

L-1

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #340  (isolation #45)  » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:54 pm

Here for a little longer.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #341  (isolation #46)  » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:18 pm

Good night.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #376  (isolation #47)  » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:47 am

In post 368, Flavor Leaf wrote:Plotinus living implicates ScumPersivul.

I feel like if they were TvT one of them would have been the death. There's still the WIFOM about it, but I'm feeling that scum is Persivul and then one of Clemency/Ruby

So, you think that:

- I let Plot, who scum reads me, live
- I killed Tris, whose last mention of me in was a town read.

The logic of that is...?

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #377  (isolation #48)  » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:56 am

In post 295, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 294, Ruby Red wrote:want to do this?

VOTE: clemency

Consider me a pseudo vote on a Clemency for now.

I’m gonna stick with Persivul. I like the L-2 pressure.

This pinged me slightly at the time. Coupled with the facts that you didn't come back toward deadline to discuss, and it's plurality lynching (with town loss of deflector), this is scummy af. Basically, you didn't care whether it was me or gamma who died, and hey, clem would be fine too...and you didn't care enough about keeping the deflector to come back and make sure there was a majority (although TBF that last point applies to others as well).

VOTE: Flavor

L-2

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #378  (isolation #49)  » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:04 am

Get a room: Persivul and Ruby Red

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #383  (isolation #50)  » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:08 pm

Get a room: Plotinus, Something_Smart

Get a RoomPlotinus, Something_Smart (3): Something_Smart, Plotinus, Persivul (R-0)

Not Voting (4): Dunnstral, Clemency, Ruby Red, Flavor Leaf

It takes 2n-1 votes to get a n player Room.

Plotinus and Something_Smart have gotten a Room
Last edited by BulletNLynchproof on Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #391  (isolation #51)  » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:28 pm

In post 385, Flavor Leaf wrote:Get A Room: Persivul, Ruby, AND Flavor

I actually endorse this.

Get a room: Persivul, Ruby, Flavor

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #408  (isolation #52)  » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:23 am

Still here.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #409  (isolation #53)  » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:16 am

Get a room: Persivul, Flavor

I'll go back to including Ruby if we get the votes, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #488  (isolation #54)  » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:37 am

In post 409, Persivul wrote:Get a room: Persivul, Flavor

I'll go back to including Ruby if we get the votes, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

^Reminder

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #490  (isolation #55)  » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:49 am

In post 419, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I doubt that it makes any sense for any scum to be on the counterwagon, so Persivul wagon is probably all town.

Please tell me you're not serious about this.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #491  (isolation #56)  » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:51 am

In post 420, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:So, why is Flavor the lead wagon?

Because he came in with an illogical push on me - saying that Plotinus being alive indicates I'm scum.

Does it really make any sense for scum!Flavor to not be on the town!Gamma Wagon in this setup? I think Plotinus, Clem, Flavor are all mechanically spewed town by this. VCA never lies.

Please tell me you're not serious about this.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #492  (isolation #57)  » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:59 am

In post 457, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Awesome, how do we go about getting a room then? Do I bold it or something?

Why do you think a room with Plot will help you solve the game better than a room with me and flavor? If you think I'm scum and flavor's town, wouldn't you like the chance for the both of you to grill me?

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #493  (isolation #58)  » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:04 am

In post 486, Plotinus wrote:Why is it my fault when I quite clearly pointed out to Nancy that Persivul and Flavour had wanted the room with her first and that I was happy to go second?

You could have said "No." If you were interested in the game being solved, I'd think you'd want a me/Nancy/Flavor room.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #532  (isolation #59)  » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:00 am

In post 509, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Can you link/quote me on that?

- The very first post of the day.

You think there was no scum on the Gamma wagon? because I’m pretty sure there was a least one.

I thought you were sure they were both on Gamma, because VCA never lies.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #565  (isolation #60)  » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:04 pm

Applying the Plotinus translator:
In post 557, Plotinus wrote:pedit: Clemency, mainly because you've not been doing anything.

You're not here following my lead, so I might as well lynch you and take a big fat 10 out of my personal probability.
i see that you are doing a few things right now so keep those up, maybe you can change my mind!

But if you come back and follow me like a good boy, I'll keep you alive!

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #568  (isolation #61)  » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:11 pm

Ooh, insightful...I don't know, but I don't think you can top VCA never lies.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #577  (isolation #62)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:01 am

VOTE: Plotinus

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #594  (isolation #63)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:33 pm

I'm VT.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #621  (isolation #64)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:51 pm

In post 589, Dunnstral wrote:UNVOTE:
Percentages are skewed because you lynched and then nightkilled people you were likely to be with

This.

First, Plot tries to sell that scum wouldn't kill the people who increase their odds (which is bullshit, because it keeps their own personal odds of being scum high):
In post 554, Plotinus wrote:On this setup, if you are scum and you aren't paired with your most likely buddy, then you want to keep that person alive in case you get lynched, right?


For Plot, that would be Clem, and after Clem SS:

Image

Then, Plot leads a lynch on Clem. The progression on this was terrible:
- "I'm feeling better about Clemency lately though."
- "I don't have an opinion on Clemency; I worry about him when he disappears and then I feel okay about him when he's here."
- Then, bang, a vote with no reason - but 3 posts later it moves to Dunn.
- Then, all the circumstantial crap about scum keeping their highest match alive, and another vote on Clem, which leads to a lynch.

That makes SS the person adding the most to Plot's odds, and he's night killed.

Then in , Plot points out his own low scum odds to Dunn, after the two people increasing his odds conveniently died.

To me it's just incredibly obvious that Plot is scum who's manipulating the rooms and the odds to control the game.

FOS: Plot

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #625  (isolation #65)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:06 pm

I'm not changing from Plot today no matter what, so since Dunn voted:

VOTE: Plot

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #629  (isolation #66)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:08 pm

In post 624, Plotinus wrote:Pers, you have this habit of describing my actions as if they had no antecedent. I was responding to something Dunnstral did in that post. You act like I did it completely out of nowhere for inscrutable reasons. The same with my vote on Clemency.

Bull, particularly on Clem. I laid out your progression on him pbp, and it stinks. If I'm missing something on that, feel free to point it out.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #636  (isolation #67)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:20 pm

In post 633, Plotinus wrote:yeah it's definitely Pers. He FOSed me, flavor posted to show that he was here, then pers voted, then flavor quickhammered.

That seems like a reasonable assessment.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #641  (isolation #68)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:32 pm

I in no way pocketed Dunn. Our room is pretty bare.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #644  (isolation #69)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:37 pm

Seems to me that Plot just opened himself up to some plausible charges, and those resonated with Dunn.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #656  (isolation #70)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:21 pm

In post 654, Flavor Leaf wrote:I was totally ready to quick lynch Persivul after you wanted to vote.

WTF?!? :evil:

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #657  (isolation #71)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:23 pm

I had a perfect town win and perfect scum win on the same day! :good:

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #661  (isolation #72)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:02 pm

Nice modding BNL. I appreciate that you noted that you'd be late opening phase the one time. I wish more mods would do that if they're going to be more that 2 hours late.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #677  (isolation #73)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:11 am

Sucka!

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #681  (isolation #74)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:03 pm

In post 679, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:It was just a formality at this point, due to my claim.

Yeah, but a good mod runs through the formalities.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #687  (isolation #75)  » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:40 pm

In post 685, Flavor Leaf wrote:@Persivul - what the heck is a BSD and what makes me come across like one? :lol:

Big Swinging Dick. You can probably figure out the second question for yourself now. :)

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #691  (isolation #76)  » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:59 pm

In post 686, Flavor Leaf wrote:Good reads, those rooms.

LMAO. I read a few of them and was really underwhelmed. What stuck out most was that no one was talking about Gamma - but she got lynched.

I don't know if the mechanic isn't very productive for town, or if it's the way Plot pushed it from the beginning, but it didn't help.


[ + ]

Return to Completed Micro Games