Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #7525 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:26 am

Post by Jingle »

I'm bored, impatient, and no one is saying relevant thingies anymore, so logic time.

EJ was a fake result by SS. There are three reasons for scum to fake a guilty result. 1. for towncred on a buddy. 2. to get a town player lynched. 3. To give a buddy towncred when they are lynched.

Let's examine the cases.

Case one, SS wanted towncred. If EJ flipped anything other than traitor, SS was still caught lying. If EJ is any role that isn't traitor (including bulletproof) the amount of towncred SS would get is <0. In fact, he'd look even scummier.

Case three, to give a EJ towncred. SS was actively trying to get EJ lynched until I found the mechanical reasons SS was scum. Not only that, it looked like he was succeeding. Unless the scumteam is EJ/dave/Creat he couldn't have guessed there would be multiple disloyal actions targeting EJ. Unless I was on the scumteam he couldn't have guessed I would enter the day by figuring out the list of gifts and using that to find mechanical liars. He disappeared when I broke the plan, but unless more people than were on the scumteam were in on some theater, the plan was definitely to get Elsa lynched. Therefore, the goal WASN'T to give Elsa towncred after SS died.

Case two: EJ is necessarily town.

So we're left with two possible logic chains:

EJ is a scum traitor with no special modifiers, meaning Creat/dave/drewva/xtoxm were all stopped by an independent source or are lying AND has been claimed to have received the Weak modifier.

EJ is town who lies compulsively and plays like a survivor regardless of role PM.

The latter is magnitudes of order more likely imo, and, more importantly, if the former IS the case, EJ cannot have performed the scum kill, and continues to not be able to perform the scum kill.
This is a Parachute.
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7526 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:27 am

Post by Nev and Max »

xtom doesnt have a reason to lie about that unless you guys are both scum, and I dont see that happening.

I looked at who repeats in the day reps of the last 2 days, where i think scum would be more likely to interject them, and PP is the only repeat.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #7527 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:27 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 7524, Thanos wrote:Anyway I think now that we know 1 of the day rep is random. The rest is probably winners of the Boonus rounds and/or scum planted. That should get us 1 more easy scum lynch.
Faulty logic. It's confirmed that scum can put someone onto the day rep list. Given that the whole reasoning for the Ram push was based on that from the conversation around it, I suspect scum is likely ignoring that function or attempting to use it to frame town.
This is a Parachute.
Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7528 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:31 am

Post by Thanos »

In post 7527, Jingle wrote:
In post 7524, Thanos wrote:Anyway I think now that we know 1 of the day rep is random. The rest is probably winners of the Boonus rounds and/or scum planted. That should get us 1 more easy scum lynch.
Faulty logic. It's confirmed that scum can put someone onto the day rep list. Given that the whole reasoning for the Ram push was based on that from the conversation around it, I suspect scum is likely ignoring that function or attempting to use it to frame town.
Yeah but Ram was pushed way too early. I was all for getting more info, look at the Ram wagon, don't think I was on there.

Now we have more info. Ram was the random slot. We know that now.
Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7529 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:32 am

Post by Thanos »

In post 7526, Nev and Max wrote:xtom doesnt have a reason to lie about that unless you guys are both scum, and I dont see that happening.

I looked at who repeats in the day reps of the last 2 days, where i think scum would be more likely to interject them, and PP is the only repeat.
Can scum put a town player on?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #7530 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:37 am

Post by Jingle »

Yeah. But the similarity between this push and the Ram push is that it's based on speculation. My speculation is that the scum team has the ability to force any player to be a day rep, not just one of their own. Which means that based on the fact that you guys lynched Ram because of the argument day rep implies scum and the fact that day reps are largely irrelevant, they would have used it on not them and the repeated day rep status implies town.

Of course, because that's simply speculation, I'm not basing any of my reads on it. Basing your reads on the speculation that they would choose one of their own is just as lazy as townreading people for being dayreps would be, unless you have evidence to support the idea that they would repeatedly choose the same scum player to be a day rep. Or, in fact, evidence that there is actually causation between Day reps and Boonus rooms, rather than just correlation.

PEdit: I'd guess that only scum can answer that question.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #7531 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:39 am

Post by Jingle »

Still waiting on that Xtox towncase, btw. It is easily the most relevant towncase of the lot.
This is a Parachute.
Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7532 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:40 am

Post by Thanos »

@Jingle how do you know what happened to Ramcius btw. Did you actually read the entire thread :?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #7533 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:41 am

Post by Jingle »

Mod ISO, Selected ISOs, a few pages for context of posts in those ISOs and I'm working on reading from the start now.
This is a Parachute.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #7534 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:42 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 7530, Jingle wrote:My speculation is that the scum team has the ability to force any player to be a day rep, not just one of their own.
Boon clarified the ability applies to their teammates.
<(") | (")>
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7535 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:43 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 7518, Thanos wrote:
In post 7502, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 7501, Jingle wrote:
In post 7499, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 7496, PenguinPower wrote:I haven't intimated anything.

Go do some yoga and calm down.
Ahh yes, the old say some wild shit and then act like the guy responding is crazy act. I love this gaslighting
It's not gaslighting.

I gave him a list, he gave two suspects, and you jumped to a conclusion.

More relevant to actually solving the game, who do you think is scum out of that list?
Asking why I haven't questioned his read, and then telling me to go do some yoga when I implore him to put whatever info he's claiming to have is what I'm claiming is gaslighting.

As far as your list:

Profii and Gamma ping me the hardest. Nero is close behind. I think mala is reading thanos as scummy, and with the way Lamees talks to me/about me I can see that.
Ok but why would mala scum read someone who is confirmed town? Is Malakitty still sick or something
Are you currently townreading N & M?
Show
Hydra of DVa and Nancy Drew 39

HAPPY FESTIVUS
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #7536 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:44 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 2404, Boonskiies wrote:
Last Night Tomorrow FACTS!!!

Did you know...that the Mafia Team has an additional factional ability that allows them the opportunity to pick one of themselves as a Day Rep? They don't have to use this ability, but starting Night 1, it definitely became available!
This says they can pick a teammate, not that they can't pick not a teammate. Boon definitely strikes me as someone who would tell the truth while implying a lie.
This is a Parachute.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #7537 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:47 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2693, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 2692, Gamma Emerald wrote:Don’t think this was ever asked

Did you know...that the Mafia Team has an additional factional ability that allows them the opportunity to pick one of themselves as a Day Rep? They don't have to use this ability, but starting Night 1, it definitely became available!
@Boon is this only able to make mafia the day rep or can town be selected as well?
Scum can still be able to become a Day Rep without using that ability, however using the ability can let them pick one of their teammates to become automatically one of the Day Reps.
I mean...if he was going to leave it open ended it would say "someone." I don't think mod!Boon is as bad as player!Boon when it comes to stuff like that.
<(") | (")>
Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7538 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:47 am

Post by Thanos »

In post 7535, DrewVa wrote:
In post 7518, Thanos wrote:
In post 7502, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 7501, Jingle wrote:
In post 7499, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 7496, PenguinPower wrote:I haven't intimated anything.

Go do some yoga and calm down.
Ahh yes, the old say some wild shit and then act like the guy responding is crazy act. I love this gaslighting
It's not gaslighting.

I gave him a list, he gave two suspects, and you jumped to a conclusion.

More relevant to actually solving the game, who do you think is scum out of that list?
Asking why I haven't questioned his read, and then telling me to go do some yoga when I implore him to put whatever info he's claiming to have is what I'm claiming is gaslighting.

As far as your list:

Profii and Gamma ping me the hardest. Nero is close behind. I think mala is reading thanos as scummy, and with the way Lamees talks to me/about me I can see that.
Ok but why would mala scum read someone who is confirmed town? Is Malakitty still sick or something
Are you currently townreading N & M?
No, but not a strong scum read. Maybe null slight scum lean
Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7539 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:48 am

Post by Thanos »

In post 7536, Jingle wrote:

This says they can pick a teammate, not that they can't pick not a teammate. Boon definitely strikes me as someone who would tell the truth while implying a lie.
Are you serious
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #7540 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:50 am

Post by Jingle »

Eh. It's definitely something I can see him doing, and it's a big bag of WIFOM that doesn't affect my reads anyway, so... Basically the point is that we don't know what the day rep selection mechanic means and trying to scumhunt using it right now is a trap.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #7541 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:51 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 7539, Thanos wrote:
In post 7536, Jingle wrote:

Are you serious
I'm going to lie now.

Never knowingly.
This is a Parachute.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #7542 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:51 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 7540, Jingle wrote:Eh. It's definitely something I can see him doing, and it's a big bag of WIFOM that doesn't affect my reads anyway, so... Basically the point is that we don't know what the day rep selection mechanic means and trying to scumhunt using it right now is a trap.
I don't disagree.
<(") | (")>
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #7543 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:54 am

Post by Jingle »

Hot take: independent of reads Xtox is the best lynch for today.
This is a Parachute.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #7544 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:58 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Why’s that?
<(") | (")>
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #7545 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:00 pm

Post by Jingle »

I'd like to hear towncases first, because IIRC he's fairly widely townread and I want to know why.
This is a Parachute.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7546 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:02 pm

Post by DrewVa »

Oh and I don’t know if DVa has done this or not, since I have not been reading the thread, partially due to a hangover,

Anyway.

Actuvate: [Thanos]
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7547 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:05 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 7543, Jingle wrote:Hot take: independent of reads Xtox is the best lynch for today.
Disagree. He was on Flippy wagon. Our vote is currently on N & M. I didn’t like how they kept trying to postpone the EOD, in order to stop scum!SS lynch.

I will fight you on Xtoxm.
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7548 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:10 pm

Post by Thanos »

In post 7546, DrewVa wrote:Oh and I don’t know if DVa has done this or not, since I have not been reading the thread, partially due to a hangover,

Anyway.

Actuvate: [Thanos]
What does this mean? Are you voting thanos
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #7549 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:19 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Drew already explained her powers. She sends 3 people to the
Shadow Realm
Boonus Room.
I made a GTKAS. Go shitpost in it if you want. It's very lonely.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”