Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:38 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1520, PvtUrist wrote:
In post 1517, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1511, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 1506, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1487, PvtUrist wrote:Alpha; Big leader or Big boss,
not Big dumbass.

I'll be mostly away for 2-3 days, so probably not gonna be able to completely keep up with the thread for a little. Is there anything that I'll need to answer or know of?
What???

wrt the bolded?
He's calling me a big dumbass
@Urist, care to explain that?
That's not how you're suppose to interpret it at all :facepalm:

The term was against the people who misuse it (and are of the stereotypical form of "alpha"), not you.
Cerb
:twisted:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:39 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 1483, RadiantCowbells wrote:I shouldnt have asked because I've half assed the game so far and I owe this some serious work before I start coming out with reads or pairings. You know that I'm busy IRL so idk what you wanr
Remember that this setup is *not* Witches Ball and even though it is deceptively similar it might not be a perfect idea to approach pre-dance in the same way.
In post 1485, Taly wrote:Maybe Krazy I've been too quick to townread? But I'm not convinced by the stated scumpoints on them?
This sentiment is a large part of why I want to dance with you and why I think we'd be a good pair
In post 1489, Taly wrote:cohesion with reads is really not there right now
talk to me
vote conspiracy
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:39 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1463, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 1462, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1452, RadiantCowbells wrote:Krazy allomancer is clearly talking about time not length

I keep getting the feeling that you're putting on a performance but not actually engaging with the thread as it is, any comments?
Me or Allo?

How am I not engaging?
Krazy! Not you! Dw about my read on you
Oh okay. :)
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:41 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 1502, Alisae wrote:I wish I could pair up with Celica but they aren't in the game
:(
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:42 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 1524, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I would be happy with you pairing with several people. Nancy wouldn't be my first choice but I'm not dead-set against it
I think it's more likely you two get nightkilled and we lose both of you if you're paired

I (think I) understand why RC is considering dancing with you but I don't think it's necessary
vote conspiracy
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:42 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1465, RadiantCowbells wrote:If I don't dance with you which I probably wasn't going to it's not because I'm not townreading you it's because I don't want to make both Taly and Alisae sad
Well, it seems no one outside of Vedith wants to dance with me and yes, that does make me sad. :cry:

Like, I’m no one’s #1 rn. And why are my feelings less important than their’s RC?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:43 pm

Post by TheBrie »

I just want to go with someone I have a chance of reading so i can figure out whether or not I should leave with them. Also not someone who scum reads me and just wants to get me out of the game, because that would be a waste. So DRWORM and RC are out. One would drive me mad, the other would make me drive myself mad with wondering if I was being hoodwinked.

What I've seen from PvUrist doesn't seem bad, but not got a strong read.
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

Jingle when I was SK: Wish TB would have won though, she was obvtown.
Silliest line from my best game: But neither of you seem that smart.
As scum: RC could be scum.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:44 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1531, TheBrie wrote:I just want to go with someone I have a chance of reading so i can figure out whether or not I should leave with them.
this is NOT how you should be approaching the game.
GTKAS
| here.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:45 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 1524, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Who do you think I should be paired with?
Whichever out of PvtUrist or Dannflor you both townread and would give you high WIM, or maybe Allomancer if you disagree with the tonal reads there.

You townreading the person would be important, since I do trust your reads.

That being said I understand why you are considering RC but I actually think the likelihood you get nightkilled is pretty high in that scenario tbh
vote conspiracy
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:46 pm

Post by Allomancer »

In post 1449, Krazy wrote:
In post 1167, Allomancer wrote:like i've been urging, please wait to actually pair. We have plenty of time and we should intend to make use of it.
I mean we're nearing page 60, what do you want to wait for? 75?
we are literally less than 36 hours into the game. We have 8 days. Do the math.
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

"This might be the worst hydra I've seen in all of mafiascum history."—
T-bone

"idk, you don't feel like an easy mislynch"—
Creature
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:46 pm

Post by TheBrie »

In post 1518, Krazy wrote:
In post 1433, Allomancer wrote:well why not?

I've gone over this -- I don't think the hierarchy of top consensus top pairings should be decided pre-dance, so anyone I'm not dancing with outside the bottom 3 pairings is kinda irrelevant to me unless I have a reason to change my read
What? I hope it doesn't sound stupid to admit I don't understand you at all. What do you mean by "top consensus top pairings"? And why are the bottom pairings more relevant?
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:47 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 1535, TheBrie wrote:What? I hope it doesn't sound stupid to admit I don't understand you at all. What do you mean by "top consensus top pairings"? And why are the bottom pairings more relevant?
Because that makes it clearer who the top townread pair is for scum which increases their win EV. The bottom pairings are more relevant because those are the pairings that will be under consideration in dance 1 when we will have significantly less information and also less time (if we go with anything resembling my plan).
vote conspiracy
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:47 pm

Post by Allomancer »

I'm having trouble reading Alisae this round. Just wanted to keep you guys in the loop.
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:47 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Krazy why do you want me even out of predance
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:48 pm

Post by TheBrie »

In post 1532, Alisae wrote:
In post 1531, TheBrie wrote:I just want to go with someone I have a chance of reading so i can figure out whether or not I should leave with them.
Probably not, but I've not got a good strategy for how this game works (strategy, what's that?), I don't have a heap of time to put in, and I'm currently too tired to care much. And annoyed at myself for joining another game with all the work I ought to be doing.
Show

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:48 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1523, Krazy wrote:
In post 1465, RadiantCowbells wrote:If I don't dance with you which I probably wasn't going to it's not because I'm not townreading you it's because I don't want to make both Taly and Alisae sad
Do you have a strong read on Alisae rn?
In post 1467, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I can’t understand questions that are in gibberish. Krazy is probably going to break my heart, I just know it.
Nancy you know I love you, this is a pretty incredible list and I really hope you pair with someone that will give you high wim in second dance

I know that could be me but it doesn't *have* to be me and it is more helpful to me if it is not me if that makes sense?
I understand where you’re coming from but that depends on who picks whom and so far no one I want to choose, is choosing me. This game is hard on one’s ego. At least I didn’t take it too personally when Slaxx chose Dunn over me but McQueen was holding out for me, so meh. :(
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:49 pm

Post by TheBrie »

In post 1536, Krazy wrote:
In post 1535, TheBrie wrote:What? I hope it doesn't sound stupid to admit I don't understand you at all. What do you mean by "top consensus top pairings"? And why are the bottom pairings more relevant?
Because that makes it clearer who the top townread pair is for scum which increases their win EV. The bottom pairings are more relevant because those are the pairings that will be under consideration in dance 1 when we will have significantly less information and also less time (if we go with anything resembling my plan).
Top townread read then. Not top coins or something. You instead want to know the least townread?
Show

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:49 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1537, Allomancer wrote:I'm having trouble reading Alisae this round. Just wanted to keep you guys in the loop.
everyone is its called apathy.

In post 1539, TheBrie wrote:
In post 1532, Alisae wrote:
Probably not, but I've not got a good strategy for how this game works (strategy, what's that?), I don't have a heap of time to put in, and I'm currently too tired to care much. And annoyed at myself for joining another game with all the work I ought to be doing.
don’t strategize just play it like its nightless
GTKAS
| here.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:49 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 1534, Allomancer wrote:we are literally less than 36 hours into the game. We have 8 days. Do the math.
Yeah tbh considering Taly hasn't accepted immediately and I didn't expect her to, I don't think beginning the matching process nearly 25% of the way into the cycle is bad. I think pushing for continued sorting is fair but I don't think it's too early to start seriously considering pairings. Frankly I think the remainder of the cycle will be more productive if we act like each 48 hours could be the end of the cycle, even if that is an unlikely scenario.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:50 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 1538, Ankamius wrote:Krazy why do you want me even out of predance
I had a whiff of town Ank yesterday at one point and I want to see more
vote conspiracy
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:51 pm

Post by Allomancer »

In post 1516, PvtUrist wrote:
In post 1506, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1487, PvtUrist wrote:Alpha; Big leader or Big boss,
not Big dumbass.
What???

wrt the bolded?
My definition of "alpha" (a term that's wildly misused, unfortunately) is someone who cares and gets shit done, but isn't a dumbass in sense of show offs or put downs (put downs=less "resource" to work with than otherwise, hence dumbass).

I'll take a bit of time to post my Dann reads, it's similiar to what happened in Mirco 848 against TW, I'll be needing to putting my thoughts into words,
which is something I'm less than adapt at.
alpha males aren't real. the guy who did the research on the wolves (not even humans, btw) later did more research and found that he was originally wrong and alphas and betas don't exist. It was literally debunked by its creator
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:52 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1529, Krazy wrote:
In post 1524, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I would be happy with you pairing with several people. Nancy wouldn't be my first choice but I'm not dead-set against it
I think it's more likely you two get nightkilled and we lose both of you if you're paired

I (think I) understand why RC is considering dancing with you but I don't think it's necessary
Who do you think I should be ideally paired with then? When did I become widely obvtown here?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:52 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 1540, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:At least I didn’t take it too personally when Slaxx chose Dunn over me but McQueen was holding out for me, so meh.
Remember your goal is not to pair with a universal townread in this setup, your goal is to pair with someone that you can sort and that you will have motivation to solve the game with in dance 2. Or at least that's how I see it; if you disagree and just think you will give up if you pair with one of the harder to sort town gents then I at least understand where you're coming from
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:53 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 1546, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:When did I become widely obvtown here?
who at present is scumreading you?
vote conspiracy
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:54 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1544, Krazy wrote:
In post 1538, Ankamius wrote:Krazy why do you want me even out of predance
I had a whiff of town Ank yesterday at one point and I want to see more
Aren't you at all worried about the fact that I seem to be almost universally scumread?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”