Can this ever work in town's favor?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:25 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In an open setup with cop and no scum blockers, hypo claiming is considered to be extremely strong. The reason for this is multiple

1) it ensures that after cop, there’s a surviving list of clears or guilties (this is stronger with a random n0 town check setup fwiw)

2) it forces scum to hypo claim, which can “pre-solve” cop guilty dipoles (wolf a claims town check on cop b who has a real guilty on a, ez), and more critically forces them to town check their buddies (which will eventually look bad AND can disqualify them as cop after a scum flip) or town check townies, which then shrinks the mechanical POE (and “lynch among the people who aren’t hypo green checked” is itself a powerful tool)

3) there is very little info bleed on hypo cop checks, whereas stuff like tracker and the like can get scum to narrow down PRs WITHOUT getting al8gnment-relevant useful info
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:27 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Oh and if you’re in cop/doc/Roleblocker, “I’ll protect a if doc” makes it really easy for wolves to make sure that their targets will be unprotected, since if you really want player A dead you just block the only guy who’s gonna doc him.
Theoretically town can have EVERYONE say they’ll doc A, but then you’re leaving the actual cop out to dry potentially.
Etc.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”