Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:59 pm

Post by Krazy »

I do agree that Plan 3 was better if Fire had been a lower coin lady or had not decided to not do the things he did here
vote conspiracy
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:59 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1683, Krazy wrote:It's not my intention to mainhunt worm although I do have a theory, not that it would help me in meta sorting him
He is being blatantly anti-town and unless he gives up his schtick, he isn’t making it anywhere near the first dance.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:00 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1686, Krazy wrote:Frankly Ank, I think you're the best kind of weird
@Ank, bookmark this for future sigline possibilities. :lol:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:02 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1689, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1687, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1609, Krazy wrote:
In post 1592, Dannflor wrote:This is kinda weird because I have one completed scum game ever and it was in like 2012
Yeah sorry I'm still figuring out how to talk about you. I should try to do reads based purely off play this game so that my perspective on you is more coherent.

Spoiler:
In post 548, Krazy wrote:I'm just going to say that my read of Dann is going to be heavily skewed by an ongoing game where I'm on a stealth alt so I'm just going to vaguely mutter 'probably town' unconvincingly and let the rest of you deal with his slot for a bit
You have to judge by play and his play has seemed pretty damned townie here. I tend to townread anyone who mindmelds with me though.
Usually that's not a bad idea but that can be a sign that you're off base if an otherwise sketchy player is agreeing with you on everything
Why do you think he’s sketchy? His reads have been pretty decent, no?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:03 pm

Post by Ankamius »

So yeah

I am starting to think it's better to have 2 ladies sit out than to deal with risking vedith being scum or a yolobomber

It cuts the first dance still, but it is a lot less risk and it's easier to plan around than just no lynching and trying to solve the game with the 4 extra players since we can force a large group of scummy and useless players to leave
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:04 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Nancy I commented because you don't sound convinced.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:04 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1691, Krazy wrote:What's really annoying is I can't even talk about how annoyed I am about not being able to talk about the game I want to talk about with Dann because talking about how annoyed that makes me would out the game in question.

So I kinda just have to shove all that back with a pole and say, "Okay, yeah, I have yet to find a good reason to scumread Dann here"

He's in my upper bracket until he has a reason not to be in my upper bracket
I’m frustrated that I am unable to address these posts.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:06 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1692, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1690, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1622, Alisae wrote:Allo scummy
He isn’t towning it up like he did last time. He was obvtown there.
That's not evidence he's scum, the games started very differently
No it isn’t but he was blatantly obvtown in that one. He was my #2 gent, after Slaxx.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:06 pm

Post by Krazy »

I think trying to talk people into that might be informative but part of me thinks it would be a hard sell

Like which ladies would you want to sit out? Pink Ball would just dance with Worm to spite you and I wouldn't want you one of the two ladies sitting out anyway

So what you'd be left with... TheBrie? And I don't know she'd be on board either tbh
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:07 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 1732, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:No it isn’t but he was blatantly obvtown in that one. He was my #2 gent, after Slaxx.
Nancy I <3 u but please stop bringing up the previous run and reads in that run it's really hurting my head
vote conspiracy
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:07 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1729, Ankamius wrote:So yeah

I am starting to think it's better to have 2 ladies sit out than to deal with risking vedith being scum or a yolobomber

It cuts the first dance still, but it is a lot less risk and it's easier to plan around than just no lynching and trying to solve the game with the 4 extra players since we can force a large group of scummy and useless players to leave
holy shit you are scum
GTKAS
| here.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:09 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1703, Krazy wrote:Fair enough, although I guess I would still say -- the most obvtown pair is going to die, and I still kinda don't get why you think the town is way worse off with that being before we start lynching rather than after we lynch two pairs and maybe risk a second pair getting lynched by a desperate scumread player like vedith

like my "no lynch" argument was basically for this exact scenario
Vedith is being scumread? Have I been missing something?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:11 pm

Post by Krazy »

Ank you're also slightly ignoring the possibility that we actually flip a scum gent

I know it's unlikely but it is possible, but if that happened I think vedith scum claiming by yolo hammering is much less likely, and we would at that point be able to play out dance 1 at a more even pace
vote conspiracy
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:11 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Well I don't know what else to suggest?

You're going to have a hard time selling me on pairing with anyone here since I'm not convinced it's very realistic that I'll be able to get a partner in this game that I will be able to work with, or even if it's possible at all. I'd really rather not force myself into a situation where I have to share a PT with someone I can't bring myself to trust and/or I won't be able to work with.

I like to abuse the hell out of neighborhoods and having a bad one is going to give me a negative effect on the game overall, and it's less bad for town if I avoid weighing down someone that otherwise would be better still here than dead over just leaving predance and taking someone who's already likely to be scum with me.

Like I'm not even sure it's possible
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:12 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 1736, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Vedith is being scumread? Have I been missing something?
vedith is being "unreliable read" which makes his alignment somewhat irrelevant

actually a yolo hammer on town from a town vedith has the potential to be even more damaging to town
vote conspiracy
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:13 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1705, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1691, Krazy wrote:What's really annoying is I can't even talk about how annoyed I am about not being able to talk about the game I want to talk about with Dann because talking about how annoyed that makes me would out the game in question.
I am really curious about this and look forward to when you're able to talk about it

For now though, this sort of in depth thought process (and I see echoes of it in your other posts) is pretty town. It's too elaborate to fake, and I don't know that scum has a reason or need to fabricate so much

@People who scum read Ankamius

Does scum ever go for the gambit of persistently insisting that they don't really wanna partner up at all for the pre-dance? Apathy isn't necessarily alignment indicative but idk why scum would be that vocal about potentially just offing themselves for the greater good or whatever
Tbf, I can definitely see scum pulling that gambit but I toneread Ank as town. Scum!her has an insincerity that she really can’t fake. It isn’t obvious to anyone not familiar with her meta though.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:14 pm

Post by Krazy »

I guess I'm saying, why not get some flips and at least have a chance to re-evaluate in dance 2?

you could give input, and if you thought you were with scum or the game wouldn't be fun because your partner was lame you could leave the dance*

*note that I do not actually advocate doing this, I simply see it as a better option than refusing to dance in the first place
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:16 pm

Post by Krazy »

good talk but my brain is fried and I don't think I'm making it any easier for people like moment to catch up on the game

off for tonight, you guys have fun <3
vote conspiracy
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:17 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1741, Krazy wrote:I guess I'm saying, why not get some flips and at least have a chance to re-evaluate in dance 2?

you could give input, and if you thought you were with scum or the game wouldn't be fun because your partner was lame you could leave the dance*

*note that I do not actually advocate doing this, I simply see it as a better option than refusing to dance in the first place
Because this game is starting to shape up like a weak town game for me and I'm not seeing any way to pull myself away from that
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:17 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Yeah I really need to sleep
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:18 pm

Post by Krazy »

You just have to believe in the heart of the cards, Ank

okay for real gone now
vote conspiracy
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:18 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1708, Krazy wrote:I liked his at the time but I haven't really been in love with most of his posts since then

I thought the nancy read was wrong but I felt like I knew where he was coming from, and other than that it seemed fine given the game state

still think PB is a harder read so nullscum seemed fine, and while I have cooled significantly on Alisae and Vedith, I thought townreading them in the first thousand posts was basically fine

so idk
You nullscum read PB? I guess he hasn’t really done too much scumhunting but he has been hard defending me. Yes, I know I need to not let that influence my reads. I still feel better about him than Brie however.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:21 pm

Post by Krazy »

must... stop... typing... words

I thought nullscum was a fine read before , I liked that but still think it's a hard read to feel confident in

just close the browser Krazy, stop hitting f5, you can do it, put down the keyboard...
vote conspiracy
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:27 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1720, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1713, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1670, Ankamius wrote:btw, heroes wanted is a bit different in the mech sense in that her part in that exchange was discussing employing a pretty blatant pro-scum strategy with her scumpartner and just tunneling on that for a good chunk of the game
I had no idea what I was doing but that was also true for Undertale. Did you ever check out that game?
Are you talking about the game here that was a colossal train wreck that was about 5 months of pure torture as I had to watch my sanity slip away until finally I got solo endgamed despite getting probably the most amazing role I've ever seen on the site because one other player decided that I shouldn't ever get any use out of my role?

Because I try to ignore that game ever existing tbh
No, you weren’t in that game iirc. It was a Varsoon game, which I replaced into after about 100 pages very close to EOD 1, while I was really sick as well. I had no clue what I was even doing until about 3/4 of the way through D2 and It ended I think early in D3, just when I was finally getting a clue what was actually happening. The mechanics in that game, were arguably the most complex I’d seen anywhere and I didn’t take full advantage of all of the possible NAs I had at my disposal, because I didn’t really understand them. If there was any game, hydraing would have been a huge advantage, it was that one.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:30 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1730, Ankamius wrote:Nancy I commented because you don't sound convinced.
I don’t have a townlock on any of the gents like I did last time, unfortunately.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”