Newbie 1912 [GAME COMPLETE]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:46 am

Post by MagikHorse »

I feel ya there Urist. I replaced out of my last Newbie game (where I was also ironically scum) for the same reason of illness. In much the same way, people asked around for a while saying "did he just quit due to pressure to force a reset?", but nope, it was all legit. Suspicion just comes from that sort of replace-out in general.

Funny thing is that RCE kept nagging at me in the back of my head. That should've been a sign, that I wasn't focusing properly, but hey we all make mistakes like this when things get down to the wire. This game in particular seemed full of mistakes in general, but at least that helps me sort out my weaknesses.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:28 am

Post by Enter »

Great play by everyone, I think. I'm sorry I was so mean to you, Magik, I think in another life we would have been friends. This definitely didn't feel like a newbie in any way.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:12 am

Post by Thespio »

tbf I think you would have caught us if PVT hadnt popped his vote on me and gone afk, then I made a scene and we were instantly distanced, because he was afk I genuinely planned on lynching his slot D2/3 if he didnt return, but his replacement is a cool guys so I decided not to.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:55 am

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 1501, Enter wrote:Great play by everyone, I think. I'm sorry I was so mean to you, Magik, I think in another life we would have been friends. This definitely didn't feel like a newbie in any way.
You can say that again. This felt like a far more experienced game than anything that would otherwise be in the Newbie queue. The fact that I replaced into a Newbie slot as an SE-capable player probably didn't help with that, but even then those that were "newbies" played really well all things considered.
Skellen
in particular gets a hearty nod of approval from me for forcing the scum to kill them by being so universally townread and difficult for the scum to work with. Mad props to you.

I honestly think you and Muh were mostly scumreading my playstyle over anything else though to be honest, because I'm both extremely vocal and a bit of a white knight as Vanilla Town. Hard to say how I am as a PR or as scum to offer an alternative though, since the only scumgames I have here to offer are a Marathon game and an incomplete game where I replaced out early due to illness (as mentioned above). Only PR I've ever gotten was a Doctor that could only heal scum and was therefore just a Named Townie, which was a pretty unfortunate role to begin with.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:08 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 1493, MagikHorse wrote:Even then he real killer here was the nolynch. I was hoping Nauci would let it happen since Enter had recently voted them and he was clearly town's lynch for the day, but alas we were defeated by 6 minutes. Mistakes happen, hence why I was unwilling to press on Munch for her IRL reasons, but I'm still a little disappointed in that. Tough call from Nauci though, and I respect that. Had it happened, I likely would've had to reconsider everything I thought.
Heh I ended up consulting with Penguin and 2 other experienced moderators before I made the decision.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:05 pm

Post by Skellen »

In post 1494, Enter wrote:I feel really dumb. I pushed Thespio day 2 because I thought he was a PR and I wanted to save him from a NK. And then munch pushed too and I was like "ha, she's scum cuz she's pushing someone other than the two people on the table today."
No need to feel bad, at Day 2 I thought for a while RCE was a tracker and thus went soft on him and harder against the wrong person until I dismissed it after some exchange with RCE. It's kind of awkward to handle when a suspicous person looks like a PR.

Realized at Day 2 I was the only newbie with Munch left. Hah, of all games to join I choose the one with the "hard" difficulty so kind of good to see everybody seeing it as an unusual newbie game. At least there is a lot to take from.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:56 pm

Post by Loopdan »

Good game Thespio and RCE!

Great moderating Nauci!
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:40 pm

Post by Nauci »

All threads have been released.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:43 pm

Post by Enter »

I'd like to see stats on the change in scum v town win after the addition of daychat if anyone knows where that is.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:43 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 1504, Nauci wrote:
In post 1493, MagikHorse wrote:Even then he real killer here was the nolynch. I was hoping Nauci would let it happen since Enter had recently voted them and he was clearly town's lynch for the day, but alas we were defeated by 6 minutes. Mistakes happen, hence why I was unwilling to press on Munch for her IRL reasons, but I'm still a little disappointed in that. Tough call from Nauci though, and I respect that. Had it happened, I likely would've had to reconsider everything I thought.
Heh I ended up consulting with Penguin and 2 other experienced moderators before I made the decision.
I know. It's really not an easy decision to make, but sometimes deadlines have to be enforced even when the lynch is obvious. I don't fault you whatsoever for that call.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:19 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Skellen played very well and I'd be interested to see how she handles rolling scum. I think she could be dangerous. Since I've joined I've run into a lot of newbies with scary good town games.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:19 pm

Post by Nauci »

Munchmellow is really good at townposting.

Munch, I think you should be more confident in your reads when you have them. Even if you're wrong, being more forceful about your views provokes more alignment indicative reactions.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:19 pm

Post by Nauci »

Enter and Magik both are very good at that, even if they didn't have the best reads
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:53 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Yes, don't be afraid to be wrong. Town is generally punching around in the dark until they smack into something. That's kind of my advice for playing scum as well. I think my first scum game I was afraid Everytime I posted, I just had that paranoid "everyone knows" kind of mentality.

Being scumread isn't that bad as long as you can make someone else look scummier.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:03 am

Post by Enter »

In post 1511, Nauci wrote:Munchmellow is really good at townposting.

Munch, I think you should be more confident in your reads when you have them. Even if you're wrong, being more forceful about your views provokes more alignment indicative reactions.
I was thinking this as well. The only reason people acupressure you was PoE? That's pretty solid.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:26 am

Post by RCEnigma »

It shouldn't have even been that, like I had to just manufacture some bs against Munch to keep her from being yet another universal townread and stick to it.

Skellen you were spot on I was originally intending to claim tracker with a guilty on munch.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:44 am

Post by MagikHorse »

So your big vote wagon case was all faked? No wonder why I couldn't understand that at all. Should've pressed you harder for that tbh.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:47 am

Post by Enter »

I don't know why my phone auto-corrects scumread to acupressure.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:48 am

Post by RCEnigma »

I was moreso trying to emphasize Loopdans observation on scum apathy in relation to the wagons at the time but no one bit on it. Plus only munch muh and elements were mislynchable day 1 and I had to start a push to go into day 2 with.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:53 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 1517, Enter wrote:I don't know why my phone auto-corrects scumread to acupressure.
it corrects my name to Thespian
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:35 am

Post by PenguinPower »